Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i thought fists + ares was the ultimate omae wa mo shindeiru build, but it turns out its fists + hangover

full on drunken boxing

Athena special and dash, area on fists, get the Merciful End duo. Suddenly every dash is doing hundreds of damage. You don’t touch special you just need it for the duo to be offered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Orange Crush Rush posted:

At least with Zeus you can still potentially roll his Legendary and some of his strongest Duos by following one or the other. And also his Legendary is probably a contender for one of the best in the game.

I thought you needed at least two of three? And two are Bolt and one is Chain?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The only thing this game is missing is some sort of endless challenge mode at the end of a run so that you can play around with your finished build. It always feels like it ends as soon as it really comes together.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

terrorist ambulance posted:

I can't really get the rhythm of chaos shield down. The throw delays your ability to block, and I seem to end up throwing the special past stuff that I bull rush into. It ends out working fine but I don't think I'm using it to its full potential

With full-strength chaos shield, if you can bull rush just barely through them and immediately spin and special, you'll put 3-6 shields directly into their back. If you happen to have, say, doom on your special with the thing that boosts doom due to other applications, doing this one time will basically kill any non-boss non-armored enemy in one application. It's fabulous.

I love that chaos shield.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think my absolute favorite build is Eris rail and going all-in on Zeus lighting (Lightning Strike, Static Discharge, Double Strike, Splitting Bolt), and if I get really lucky I can even combo it with Poseidon dash and special and Sea Storm. I've managed to get the whole package a couple times and it just feels incredible. Throw in Delta Chamber and it's just :discourse:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hey, I finally had a good Lucifer run! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImYlAWP1j3s

Epilogue finally kicked off just before this run, too. Think I've only got a couple Olympians left to bond with, then The End :woop:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 18, 2020

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

JonathonSpectre posted:

With full-strength chaos shield, if you can bull rush just barely through them and immediately spin and special, you'll put 3-6 shields directly into their back. If you happen to have, say, doom on your special with the thing that boosts doom due to other applications, doing this one time will basically kill any non-boss non-armored enemy in one application. It's fabulous.

I love that chaos shield.

Yeah I get that but part of the problem is I suck and lose the cursor some times so snap turning like that is sometimes hard

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

ungulateman posted:

the highest dps run i ever had was aphro special on the fists with the hammer that gives the special the landing slam with some insane base damage, then i got a chaos boon that buffed special damage. i would clear entire rooms in one hit as long as i remembered not to dash-special since the dash-special doesn't trigger the landing slam
The problem I have with that hammer is I tend to dash-cancel out of the special, and if you don't complete the animation you don't get the slam damage.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dad has a special start-of-combat animation when you fight him with Forced Overtime. :allears:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think my save broke. I haven't seen Nyx in 20+ runs and Persephone isn't offering the epilogue quest chain despite getting a Minor Prophecy for it.

Because Nyx went missing, I'm also gated out of finishing the relationship chains for Hypnos/Achilles/Patroclus/Sisyphus.

Last time I saw her was after fixing the Great Sigil, and nothing since then.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've already done that, 19 runs ago :v: Haven't seen her in Chaos or at the House since then. I checked the administrative chamber several times, too, no go.

25 runs later, I finally ran into Nyx again in Chaos and now I can actually progress the rest of the plot. I don't know what was tying it up, I was getting increasingly generic comments from Chaos (typically signalling that the script is running to a close). So if this happens to you, just stick with it I guess.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The only thing this game is missing is some sort of endless challenge mode at the end of a run so that you can play around with your finished build. It always feels like it ends as soon as it really comes together.

Would also be awesome to have an upgrade to bring skelly on a trip to the surface too as a sort of DPS check

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Nyx seems to be one of or maybe the biggest problem in the game. She is central to just about every story line and is only around 1/2 the time. And even when she is there, she often has nothing to say.

They really really need to patch her/the game so things move a bit faster.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got the epilogue! Have used up all ambrosia that I seem to need, only have some summons to level but for now I’m just turning them in for bloods to try out more maxed out aspects

And Achilles just mentioned that I unlocked poseidon aspect for the sword lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got the epilogue! Have used up all ambrosia that I seem to need, only have some summons to level but for now I’m just turning them in for bloods to try out more maxed out aspects

And Achilles just mentioned that I unlocked poseidon aspect for the sword lol

Just got the epilogue too :hfive: that was very sweet. Nice artwork as always, too.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I think at this point the best thing they could do is change the characters to have dialogue options of a more traditional rpg style that you can clear one per run, but you choose which when

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 18, 2020

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I've cleared pretty much everything in the game now minus the badge, and i'm closing in on 100% achievements too, but I STILL haven't unlocked the final bonding hearts for Hypnos. My understanding is it's tied to having Thanatos and Hypnos at home at the same time, but I'm so far behind in Thanatos dialogue that most of the time when he's home he's talking about me reuniting Orpheus and Eurydice or something else I did literally 40 hours ago.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

crepeface posted:

No - you only need one out of Double Strike (Bolt), High Voltage (Bolt) or Storm Lightning (Chain), so you can pretty easily get the Zeus legendary on your third boon from him. The only oddity is that Static Discharge doesn't count even though you'd think it would. I do usually go the bolt route though since there are a lot more bolt effects and the bolt boons are a significant upgrade.

I agree it's an extremely good boon and it goes very well with some of his duos like Scintillating Feast and Sea Storm.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 18, 2020

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Wilekat posted:

I've cleared pretty much everything in the game now minus the badge, and i'm closing in on 100% achievements too, but I STILL haven't unlocked the final bonding hearts for Hypnos. My understanding is it's tied to having Thanatos and Hypnos at home at the same time, but I'm so far behind in Thanatos dialogue that most of the time when he's home he's talking about me reuniting Orpheus and Eurydice or something else I did literally 40 hours ago.

Does it help to do suicide runs?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Wilekat posted:

It was on run 135 that I finally progressed Than and Hypnos so I could max out all the relationships. Substantially after all the rest.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I maxed out dusa's hearts in the codex but still didn't get "bond forged," is that supposed to happen

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

crepeface posted:

You just need one of his tier 2s to make you eligible for Split Bolt, which are High Voltage, Double Strike (Bolts) and Storm Lightning (Chain lightning)

I think the only god that needs two tier 2 boons to open up their legendary is Demeter? Can’t think of anyone else right now anyways.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Artemis needs 2 of exit wounds, pressure points, and support fire.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Harold Fjord posted:

Does it help to do suicide runs?

I've certainly considered this, but I have a couple of accessories left to 3 star so I'm just doing runs. I *think* Than only shows up if you get his event during a run anyway?

On the plus side I just did a 10:30~ run with fists basically by accident, so it's not like I'm not having fun anyway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is Lucifer just not compatible with aim assist?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Some of the fan art coming out of this game is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/7GROVEYS/status/1317492228374228994

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I maxed out dusa's hearts in the codex but still didn't get "bond forged," is that supposed to happen

Dusa is a weird one and you have to give her loads of ambrosia. Like, 10+ I think.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

As I near closing out the epilogue I'm still enjoying the game but man there are a few things that I wish were a little different. Mostly UI stuff actually.

I strongly dislike the interface that shows you your current Boons and upgrades. It just a mess of icons and I'd rather just have a list to be honest. When I'd be better served by a straight text list rather than your UI you've screwed up somewhere along the design process.

The weapon aspects interface is sort of not great as well. Its not terrible, but its confusing enough that I've seen multiple people surprised to find out you can change your aspect after you unlock them. Its just poorly indicated in the UI. I myself spent longer than I should have hoarding blood because I didnt want to screw up my aspect choices.

And lastly I really think things would be better off with an actual dialogue UI rather than they way it works now. Being able to choose what dialogue you have next with a character would be a massive improvement over the current, come back later, maybe they'll talk about the thing you want, way it is currently. Even if a bunch of the conversations continued to cost nectar or whatever I'd much rather spend X nectar to move forward on Y conversations than the weird priority system it works on now.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Dusa is a weird one and you have to give her loads of ambrosia. Like, 10+ I think.

It's 10 (1/2/3/4) for her last four gifts, but at the end of it you can get them all back and there's no downside to accepting the return.

You have to do a bunch of lounge stuff with tee contractor to finish her favor before you can start piling on the gifts again.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
After I filled all her hearts I made several trips where Dusa was only giving me generic conversation options until the final bit that gave me her bond triggered. I'm not sure but in the meantime I talked to several other npcs about her job situation and how that resolved so those might have been holding it up.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

All legendaries gotten at least once (holy poo poo is Demeter's good god drat), only two duos left to get and then I can finally stop going for weirdly gimped builds!

I couldn't help but piss of Meg by resetting the mirror and still kicking her rear end after she said I only beat her because of the thing. I sure wasn't used to the fight taking longer than 15 seconds anymore, even had to use Skelly's tooth to get through it due to Alecto's frigging spinny sawblade.
And then Asphodel kicked my rear end, but not before me diving into a spicy Chaos gate and picking a bane that lowered my max health. :downs:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So forced overtime 1 just turns off I-frames for dodges. I just got to Hades with forced overtime 1 and he constantly, repeatedly hit me in the middle of dodge animations, flash and all. I was hit by the green novas every single time while dodging over them and by wide spear swings that didn't visibly make contact too. I know it's not just "lol fast Hades" because I made it through everything before him with no trouble (except Theseus novas).

Or I just have bad controller drift. Or brain damage.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
FO doesn't muck with your iframes so much as highlight how few you actually get. You'll notice this since your timings are now all totally off! The final boss is weird in particular and I feel there might be a minor gfx bug, as it sure looks like you're mid dash when some of his big hits connect. I've had multiple instances of getting a slow-mo shot of death defiance as he seems to hit me in the middle of an Athena dash. Obviously he didn't, but the golden shields are up as Zag does his defiance animation. But I've also just dashed through all his poo poo on FO1/2 also, so it's just player error and a possible timing thing with how animations play.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

zoux posted:

Is Lucifer just not compatible with aim assist?

my aim assist got turned off somehow, maybe check if yours did too

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

emdash posted:

my aim assist got turned off somehow, maybe check if yours did too

What I mean is it's impossible to target the the special bombs, because it locks on mobs. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to use it, I haven't put much time into it because I hate it

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

zoux posted:

Lucifer... because I hate it

Working as intended!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

zoux posted:

What I mean is it's impossible to target the the special bombs, because it locks on mobs. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to use it, I haven't put much time into it because I hate it

I completely ignored the special until I got a hammer that made the beam pierce. And even then the other hammer that made it a triple beam did most of the work.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

zoux posted:

I set them off by dashing through them with a damaging dash after I've put a few down. It's worked pretty well for me.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Yeah, it seems like many damage sources besides direct laser hits can set them off too, but in the end I mostly just used the triple beam laser with various boons to burn things down. The Bombs were more like AoE fields with pulse damage for my only Lucifer run so far.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Serephina posted:

FO doesn't muck with your iframes so much as highlight how few you actually get. You'll notice this since your timings are now all totally off! The final boss is weird in particular and I feel there might be a minor gfx bug, as it sure looks like you're mid dash when some of his big hits connect. I've had multiple instances of getting a slow-mo shot of death defiance as he seems to hit me in the middle of an Athena dash. Obviously he didn't, but the golden shields are up as Zag does his defiance animation. But I've also just dashed through all his poo poo on FO1/2 also, so it's just player error and a possible timing thing with how animations play.

I'm 90% sure that your iframes turn off if you press dash attack, as I've been hit by the expanding skull waves on dad while dashing directly through them, but only when I dash attack

speaking of dashes, is the input queueing really weird on the hidden fists aspect's extra dashes or something? I tried it for the first time and chained dashes felt weird and inconsistent to do using the same timing I'm normally used to. it came closer than anything else to ending my winstreak, definitely the worst-feeling aspect I've used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I'm 90% sure that your iframes turn off if you press dash attack, as I've been hit by the expanding skull waves on dad while dashing directly through them, but only when I dash attack

speaking of dashes, is the input queueing really weird on the hidden fists aspect's extra dashes or something? I tried it for the first time and chained dashes felt weird and inconsistent to do using the same timing I'm normally used to. it came closer than anything else to ending my winstreak, definitely the worst-feeling aspect I've used

Are you using the turbo-dash, ie holding the dash button down? I don't think the game actually tells you it exists, but it's part of the Gilgamesh moveset.