Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I cancelled plans with my lonely grandfather to have a virtual interview and have been stuck 'in line' for forty minutes now. There's a bit over an hour left of the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I am on my second go-round of COVID-19, and it is definitely getting worse since Day 14. It's Day 16. At least I don't have the ton of fatigue, this time. Last time, it lasted 25 days. This time, it's paperwork season and my health insurance has to be recertified by the end of the month, and I can't go to the copy shop. (I am going to owe my very good friend a whopper of a Christmas present for all the help she's been this year.)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good luck, seriously.

I just woke up, it's 9pm or so. The last time I had to get up and vomit was 6:30pm, up to that point I had gotten up every 20 minutes to vomit every single thing up from water to antacid to anti-gas medication. I was in a cycle of vomit, wash my mouth out of bile best i could, take a small drink of water, lie down for 20 minutes, get up, vomit, repeat for about 20 hours. It seems things have finally calmed down. I've lost 10 pounds in the last 20 hours and was pretty seriously dehydrated, some of the water I was drinking would get absorbed but most of it got thrown back out, so by late afternoon my lips were bone dry and trying to chew a single saltine absorbed all the moisture in my mouth and sealed it shut until I took a swig of water.

I think I know what did it. Alongside the pizza I ordered a couple days ago was a side order of sweet potato fries. I've had issues with sweet potato fries long ago, but also eaten them just fine before, so figured it was something to do with them being improperly cooked before. I did some digging while stuck awake and it seems sweet potatoes have some kind of sugar that some people can't digest, it causes the gut flora to go haywire apparently and create immense amounts of bile and gas, which is what probably caused my intense amount of burping and vomiting. Luckily it was a small order, I can't imagine how bad it would have been if it was a large order of them. But I guess this is the last time I'll be eating sweet potatoes ever again, which sucks because they're fantastic with the right sauces.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It’s my last shift with the ambulance service I’ve been with for five and a half years since I’m moving back to MA for a new job. This place frustrates me sometimes but it also sucks to know this is it. Lots of good times here.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm tired all the time unless I get 3-4 consecutive days off.

That's how long it takes me to shake my work-related anxiety.
Wouldn't be so bad but I also make next to nothing.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

My boss is taking his vacation this week, because he's gotta use it or lose it. Because of that, it means that out of the nine days between now and next Friday, I'm working 8 of them. Then I get 2 days to let my joints stop wanting me to die and start my new job that is gonna require me to force myself into being a morning person. I also get to wake up in ~6 hours so I can go take my drug test for the new job so I can be sure I'm back in time to go to current job.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
My temperature dropped precipitously low during the end of dialysis yesterday, and then spiked to 104F over the next hour or so. I resolved to go to bed and see if rest helped, but I called the triage nurse first; she told me the same thing, but to keep an eye on my temperature overnight. It fell back to normal ranges by the time I woke up, but I still got a call telling me to come in for antibiotics. So I did. Spent two and a half hours of my afternoon getting an IV drip that probably wasn't necessary. (At least I don't have COVID.)

When I got home, I found out that my ex has been painting me as the villain in our breakup, despite the fact that a) they broke up with me, and b) they broke up with me because I was trying to mend bridges between them and someone they'd gotten into an argument with. They demanded I choose sides - literally everyone else or them - and when I said that was a hard decision, they made it for me. And now I'm apparently a hate monster because I didn't side with them immediately. :sigh:

My day-to-day problems are very small compared to most people's, I know, but I'm still frustrated.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

My temperature dropped precipitously low during the end of dialysis yesterday, and then spiked to 104F over the next hour or so. I resolved to go to bed and see if rest helped, but I called the triage nurse first; she told me the same thing, but to keep an eye on my temperature overnight. It fell back to normal ranges by the time I woke up, but I still got a call telling me to come in for antibiotics. So I did. Spent two and a half hours of my afternoon getting an IV drip that probably wasn't necessary. (At least I don't have COVID.)

When I got home, I found out that my ex has been painting me as the villain in our breakup, despite the fact that a) they broke up with me, and b) they broke up with me because I was trying to mend bridges between them and someone they'd gotten into an argument with. They demanded I choose sides - literally everyone else or them - and when I said that was a hard decision, they made it for me. And now I'm apparently a hate monster because I didn't side with them immediately. :sigh:

My day-to-day problems are very small compared to most people's, I know, but I'm still frustrated.

Those problems are not that small on a relative scale and I'm sorry you're stuck dealing with them. The universe can eat a dick for all the crap it's throwing on you.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
My really inconsistent mental health when it comes to my job is starting to get on my nerves. Some days I’m like “hell yeah you’re a superhero you got this” and others I feel like I’m on the verge of an anxiety attack just showing up at the office.

Still, I’m doing better than I did at my last job so that’s something at least.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I let my dog out and there were a score or more yellowjackets buzzing around the light on the back of the house. I looked up and saw a bunch of the little motherfuckers flying in and out of the roof edge, and then ALSO saw paper wasps flying out from the same area, and occasionally getting in aerial battles with the yellowjackets. I don't even want to wonder how big the nests inside the goddamn wall are.

time to call an exterminator, at least they can probably mostly deal with the problem by lining the entryways with poison powder or whatever, that poo poo absolutely annihilates the little bastards, but it also super sucks to know they've set up shop in the walls again and it's going to cost probably a couple hundred bucks to deal with. I just don't want any of them getting in the house proper, mom is super super allergic because of course she is

also means I guess it's time to bust out the jury-rigged wasp traps again, though those never seem to ever get enough of the monsters to make a difference even when they fill up a 2liter bottle

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My dad killed a nest of some kind of huge militant bee under our deck and they've yet to return; if you want I can ask what he used.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
go for it, but I don't really want to get anywhere near the highway they're using along the edge of the roof to set the poison, tbh. I'd rather spend a few hundred bucks or whatever on an exterminator.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I am having a really depressed day and I loving hate it. No matter how much I know better, I can't stop my feelings. I'm trying to focus on better thoughts and actions, and it's already been two straight weeks of fighting it, and I'm still so miserable today. Life isn't even that bad, but gently caress me I can't focus up. I hate my loving disorders. I hate my long loving memory. I hate this loving society and I hate that the only people who agree are almost as incompetent as I am.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Choose to make happy choices.

I can't get angry or upset, because we made it clear we weren't bf/gf but, my FWB of the last 4 months just told me she's seeing someone else. Turns out through our mutual group of friends, she met this dude a month ago and has been loving both of us.
I'm not really pissed, because she can do whatever she wants. I'm just kind of miffed because I feel 1. I got played, and 2. it just hurts when someone you like chooses the exclusive company of others over your exclusive company.
And I don't think I'll ever be in a position again for the rest of my life where I had it so good. Just having a mutually enjoyable FWB weekly experience with someone I really got along with. Now she's gone, and not coming back.
It feels like a once in a lifetime paradise situation just got taken from me forever.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I have some ear congestion type thing going on today and in the last hour or so it’s made me dizzy as gently caress. I’m sitting in a chair and getting motion sick without moving.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I have some ear congestion type thing going on today and in the last hour or so it’s made me dizzy as gently caress. I’m sitting in a chair and getting motion sick without moving.

Sudafed (the behind the counter kind) can help with that if you have any around.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Manager Hoyden posted:

Sudafed (the behind the counter kind) can help with that if you have any around.

I sadly don’t and I’m not driving like this. It is pretty great when I have it though.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I put down my hedgehog a week ago or so. I still wake up every morning and head to his cage to change his water, and every evening after work I think about taking him out to chill in his pouch while I work on the computer. But gently caress, we fostered a tumor-riddled guinea pig for over a year, and when she finally died from said tumor, I kept going into the room and wondering where she was. For almost two weeks after I broke her cage down.

I need to go see a doctor at some point because I haven't in years, but the last time I did, the rear end in a top hat (who is retired now) had me undress and sit in a room for 45 minutes. I mean, normal poo poo, but even 30 minutes later no one came to check on me. I overheard him and the techs singing Happy Birthday some time later; they had closed up the place, were celebrating someone's birthday, and were shocked to find me still waiting for my exam. I just hit the Little Clinic when I feel sick, but I do need to go and find out about my poo poo health in general. probably have high blood pressure and all.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Another college buddy turned up dead.

Second this year, and not due to covid. One suicide, other we don't know yet. Third in total for me.

So it goes, so it goes, so it goes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DicktheCat posted:

Another college buddy turned up dead.

Second this year, and not due to covid. One suicide, other we don't know yet. Third in total for me.

So it goes, so it goes, so it goes.

poo poo man, I have been there and it really sucks. In 2014 four of my college buddies died in a short span and it never got any easier. If you ever need to rant into the internet about it my PMs are always open.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

"gonna just wake up and move money to my rent paying checking account"

Edit: Huntington credited my account back, that was surprisingly quick

Len has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Oct 18, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
My bike was stolen today.
Well off to get a new one in a few weeks, I guess.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 19:35 on Oct 18, 2020

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hardly a world-ender, but: I was drinking my morning cappuccino when I felt a little gob of something in my mouth. I figured there must have been a weird reaction between the coffee and the milk or something, like a pudding skin, and quickly deposited the gob into a nearby bowl. I forgot all about it for a few hours, then looked into the bowl to find this lovely customer:

:nms: https://i.imgur.com/1c769XO.jpg :nms:

WHAT the gently caress. Where'd it come from? The milk? It couldn't have made it through the pressurized espresso filter. Tucked into the clean steam nozzle or milk pitcher as they dried on the sink? Hanging out in my MUG? :barf: I have never seen one of these in my house! I keep my kitchen and espresso maker clean! loving drat it!

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Hirayuki posted:

Hardly a world-ender, but: I was drinking my morning cappuccino when I felt a little gob of something in my mouth. I figured there must have been a weird reaction between the coffee and the milk or something, like a pudding skin, and quickly deposited the gob into a nearby bowl. I forgot all about it for a few hours, then looked into the bowl to find this lovely customer:

:nms: https://i.imgur.com/1c769XO.jpg :nms:

WHAT the gently caress. Where'd it come from? The milk? It couldn't have made it through the pressurized espresso filter. Tucked into the clean steam nozzle or milk pitcher as they dried on the sink? Hanging out in my MUG? :barf: I have never seen one of these in my house! I keep my kitchen and espresso maker clean! loving drat it!

I could be wrong, but that looks like pantry moth larva. Might want to thoroughly check out your pantry.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I HAVE SOLVED THE MYSTERY OF COVID-FARTS and I wish to publicize it so others can enjoy fartless COVID-19!!!!

Short version: It induces temporary lactose-intolerance, which results in flatulence/diarrhea/cramps/bloating.

Treatment: Switch to lactose-free milk while sick with COVID-19. You can go back to real milk once you are well.

Long version, so you can skip this if you don't care: I'm on my second round of COVID-19. First round, in April, lasted 25 days, and I had covid-farts for about 20 of it. This round started Sept 29, so I'm on Day 20. The very good friend who does my grocery shopping when I'm sick was talking about going on a trip, so I asked for Fairlife milk instead of real milk, cuz its use-by date is farther away, plus it's high protein so if I got too sick to cook, I could just have a big glass of milk-based beverage to wash down my zillion pills I take every day, and call it supper. Also, their chocolate milk isn't too bad for no-sugar-added and has the same amount of sugar as non-choco, real milk.

Fairlife is also lactose-free. Instead of huge amounts of loud, stinky farts, I had one or two medium-loud, moderately-stinky farts per day. Then, this Friday, I switched back to real milk, and several hours later developed full covid-farts! TA-DA!!!! Somehow, covid-19 induces thank-god-it's-temporary lactose intolerance.

Now, I just have to convince a few doctors and scientitians to recommend this approach to enough covid-fart sufferers to turn it into a real study, and my Nobel Prize For Medicine is in the bag!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Telemaze posted:

I could be wrong, but that looks like pantry moth larva. Might want to thoroughly check out your pantry.
Yeah. :( poo poo.

I took the opportunity to descale the machine, anyway, and deep-clean the counter under it. There was what looked a more mature bug (next step from larva?) in the reservoir, invisible against the black base. I suppose the first unwanted guest could have been shot through the steamer wand... Gross.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

I HAVE SOLVED THE MYSTERY OF COVID-FARTS and I wish to publicize it so others can enjoy fartless COVID-19!!!!

Short version: It induces temporary lactose-intolerance, which results in flatulence/diarrhea/cramps/bloating.

Treatment: Switch to lactose-free milk while sick with COVID-19. You can go back to real milk once you are well.

Long version, so you can skip this if you don't care: I'm on my second round of COVID-19. First round, in April, lasted 25 days, and I had covid-farts for about 20 of it. This round started Sept 29, so I'm on Day 20. The very good friend who does my grocery shopping when I'm sick was talking about going on a trip, so I asked for Fairlife milk instead of real milk, cuz its use-by date is farther away, plus it's high protein so if I got too sick to cook, I could just have a big glass of milk-based beverage to wash down my zillion pills I take every day, and call it supper. Also, their chocolate milk isn't too bad for no-sugar-added and has the same amount of sugar as non-choco, real milk.

Fairlife is also lactose-free. Instead of huge amounts of loud, stinky farts, I had one or two medium-loud, moderately-stinky farts per day. Then, this Friday, I switched back to real milk, and several hours later developed full covid-farts! TA-DA!!!! Somehow, covid-19 induces thank-god-it's-temporary lactose intolerance.

Now, I just have to convince a few doctors and scientitians to recommend this approach to enough covid-fart sufferers to turn it into a real study, and my Nobel Prize For Medicine is in the bag!

HOLY gently caress

I honestly thought Ihad cancer or some poo poo,or like, ulcers the pain and bloating got so bad. I'm gonna start testing this.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I hurt my back and neck yesterday changing my waterpump after it got all squeeky and got a leak. I'm laid up on a chair in my parents house where I have to live or tent homeless fun times.

In the last ten minutes my dad shouted n***** at the TV and then went in on anti Chinese racism and other fun, wholesome things, like how all protests from black people are only about how they were treated in the 1800's and they had it as good as white people ever since. Also black lives matter is just like the kkk against white people.

I've been in crippling depression all day. He comes down to smug talk about how corrupt biden is over that stupid lap top that's now the big thing on Fox. Oh shut up mother fucker.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

winterwerefox posted:

I hurt my back and neck yesterday changing my waterpump after it got all squeeky and got a leak. I'm laid up on a chair in my parents house where I have to live or tent homeless fun times.

In the last ten minutes my dad shouted n***** at the TV and then went in on anti Chinese racism and other fun, wholesome things, like how all protests from black people are only about how they were treated in the 1800's and they had it as good as white people ever since. Also black lives matter is just like the kkk against white people.

I've been in crippling depression all day. He comes down to smug talk about how corrupt biden is over that stupid lap top that's now the big thing on Fox. Oh shut up mother fucker.

Hide his blood pressure/diabetes medicine. Tell him he can have them back if he never talks about Fox News or race to you ever again.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Only drugs he takes that I know of is he smokes weed. I'm the one with blood pressure issues and diabetes :(

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
He's a Fox News viewer; statistically he's on one or the other. Hiding his weed might accomplish the same though less likely to be lethal, unfortunately.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
A friend of mine's mom died in a car accident yesterday. I used to live with the both of them. It's very much not MY loss, but I'm heartbroken over what my friend is going through. I wish I could be more helpful.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Astrofig posted:

HOLY gently caress

I honestly thought Ihad cancer or some poo poo,or like, ulcers the pain and bloating got so bad. I'm gonna start testing this.

Hope it helps!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My anxiety is through the roof, which makes my depression worse, which means I can't do much beyond work (to stay alive).

I haven't read a book in a year. I don't draw or write anymore. I spend my free time idling wasting away and shitposting on SA.

I'm going to get a new therapist soon...ish but the next person that can get me meds in booked out to February. The pandemic has been less severe for me than most (kept my job, no family has been seriously affected) but I feel very hollow.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm out of my meds, and the lack of anti-depressants has got me into the stage of being angry at everyone and everything for existing, which is not pleasant but I guess it's better than having zero energy for anything at all. Also, this last week at my retail job is gonna kill me before I can get to my new, better paying data entry job, because the store assistant manager is sick and waiting on covid test results now, on the same week the store manager is on vacation. So I've worked the past 5 days in a row and I'm not really expecting to get any of the upcoming four remaining days off either. Theoretically the district manager is gonna try to get a keyholder/manager to come in from another store so neither I nor the other keyholder go into overtime/7+ consecutive days, but I'm not holding my breath.

As it is, I'm still kind of loving off more than usual because what can they do to me at this point? Fire me? :clint:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
My back has spammed the gently caress out and I have been crippled with back pain for the first time in 32 years. I have a good job offer and that mAkes me worried. And the one actor I’d watch read the phone book has lymphoma.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I had plans today once I got off work, to go home, eat dinner, then head out for a nice long walk! Weather is finally getting nice around here for evening walks. I missed yesterday, can't get in that habit!

Instead I had a snack, played some Pokemon Go at home, relax a bit. Okay, now time to go for a walk! And then my mom had a breakdown. A nice full screaming tantrum because Facebook logged her out. She spent a good 10 minutes screaming about how this poo poo never works, she hates this, she wants to cancel her subscription to Facebook, all kinds of mad ravings. I offer to help her, find her stupid password notebook, but she changed her password and didn't update it. Cue another screaming meltdown that I tuned out, and went to make dinner while she raged, quiet finally after she got to log in, to play a few games, made some half-hearted attempt to ask me how my dinner was, and then went into another fit because she couldn't figure out how to change her password.

I, at my computer, checked out how to, verbally told her the three steps, then went back to eating. Not good enough, another cursing under her breath tantrum before she slammed the drawer shut and stormed off to her bedroom. Okay, finally some peace.

Nope.

Another screaming tantrum, at what, no clue. Some slamming poo poo in her room, she opened the door enough to throw out the top half of a litterbox (okay??) then slammed the door. Should have left then, because she came out, grabbed up the lid, and slammed it around the kitchen, doing God knows what, outside, then back inside, slamming and cursing poo poo still.

I have no loving clue what set her off tonight. But I have tomorrow off, and she works from home, so I will be spending as much time as possible out of it.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
First, the positive: there is (almost) nothing new wrong with me and I feel fine.

Last Wednesday I had a fever in the evening that peaked around 103ºF. I took an Aleve and went to bed early, and when I woke up the fever was completely gone and I felt fine.

Thursday, I had an appointment to go to my dialysis clinic to have blood thinners applied to my dialysis catheter, and I called them to see if I should wait until Friday because of the fever, just to be cautious. They said no: come in, and we'll do a blood culture on the catheter to see if there's anything wrong. They also gave me a brief infusion of antibiotics, just to be cautious.

Saturday, they called and said I should go to the ER because the culture had tested positive for staph. They said the ER would prescribe antibiotics and take a blood culture and then send me home. So I went to the ER. The ER confirmed what the dialysis center had told me, so I sat in an ER room for several hours with a large course of IV antibiotics.

Then they told me that the hospital wanted to admit me, just overnight, for monitoring. I acquiesced; I'd anticipated something like this and had a bag with me.

Sunday, the hospital told me they couldn't send me home until they had confirmation from the dialysis center that the cultures had produced staph, so they were keeping me until Monday.

Monday, they told me the cultures I'd had in the ER came back negative - so the staph isn't in my blood, just in my catheter - but they'd had no luck getting the information from the dialysis center, and they wanted to get an electrocardiogram that they couldn't get that afternoon, so I had to stay until Tuesday.

Tuesday, they told me they had all the information they needed, but Infectious Diseases wanted to keep me until the ER cultures fully matured, which wouldn't be until Tuesday night, so they'd definitely discharge me Wednesday. (This was after the hospitalist had told me I'd definitely be discharged Tuesday afternoon.)

Today, they actually filed the discharge - I can literally see the discharge paperwork on the portable nurse's station in my room - but they hosed around so long that by the time the case manager got in touch with the dialysis center to coordinate my at-home antibiotics, everyone had gone home, so the case manager is refusing to finalize the discharge until tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

This entire time, my health has been fine. I have not been in danger. I was not administered additional antibiotics until this afternoon. I could have spent this entire time at home with no ill effects. They have kept me in the hospital for no reason at all except bureaucracy.

I can't wait to see what their excuse for keeping me here tomorrow will be.

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 23:38 on Oct 21, 2020

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

My best girl Belladonna passed away today, she lost her fight to kidney disease.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

My breath has smelled like horse poo poo all day. I know this because I grew up with horses and I know that smell very well. It's 100% definitely the smell of horse poo poo and as far as I can recall I ate no horse poo poo.

I take good care of my mouth and breath. What foul affliction has cursed me with horse poo poo breath.