Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lockback posted:

Crud, did I forget to vote?

It appears that way. Every year a few people wait until the last few days so they have the most information to use but then they miss the cut-off date.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Blast. I didn't get a chance to humiliate myself this year. I didn't see a thread, though. Was this poll done inside a larger thread?

kalensc posted:

IIRC Zogo typically posted it within the then-open NBA N/V thread. So the 2019 Off-season thread I reckon?

Yes, most years it's just posted in this thread a few weeks before the season starts.

Boredumb posted:

Lebron knew the results of the poll, that's why he said I wan't some drat respect

Nobody vote for the Lakers to make the 2021 playoffs. LBJ will be 😤 😤 😤.

LeBron James is already back in the gym after Finals win, and has a new workout partner
https://sports.yahoo.com/le-bron-james-already-back-in-the-gym-after-finals-win-shows-off-new-workout-partner-000516060.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

indigi posted:

do superstar free agents ever sign with the Knicks

Anthony Mason may be the biggest.

Rick posted:

Am I misrembering or did the media actually pretend Will Perdue was good when on the Spurs and Bulls?

Another famous Bull with the III suffix. William Perdue III.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Salute to the patricians that voted for Sadak in Search of the Waters of Oblivion and Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks to Sultan Mehmed IV of the Ottoman Empire. God drat those are some good rear end paintings.

I voted for Sadak. Antifa Poltergeist voted for the other.

Full gallery:
https://imgur.com/a/Wv58X0m

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Zogo posted:

It appears that way. Every year a few people wait until the last few days so they have the most information to use but then they miss the cut-off date.

Yes, most years it's just posted in this thread a few weeks before the season starts.

Nobody vote for the Lakers to make the 2021 playoffs. LBJ will be 😤 😤 😤.

LeBron James is already back in the gym after Finals win, and has a new workout partner
https://sports.yahoo.com/le-bron-james-already-back-in-the-gym-after-finals-win-shows-off-new-workout-partner-000516060.html

Zhuri gonna be yoked.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
https://twitter.com/RenegadeAirBuds/status/1317596362012205056?s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have absolutely no idea what the bulls are going to do, no idea if they're going to try to trade zach or laurie and blow it up or try to hope that the CORE and maybe one wing player capable of playing professional basketball can get them to the 8 seed or whatever, it was sort of comforting to know exactly what boneheaded poo poo the old front office would do because they were lazy and always did the same things.

It's loving wild.

Like I literally have no loving clue what the Bulls are gonna do. It's exciting

I can't wait to find out exactly how they disappoint me.

I don't think they are gonna trade Lavine Yet. Or Coby. I think one of Lauri or Wendell(I'd send Lauri packing) are gonna get traded tho.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 18, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Zach has improved enough that his contract is pretty reasonable now, so I think it'd pretty easy to find a taker if they don't think he's part of their long-term plan and get serious about dealing him. Would be nice to see him on a team that needed another scorer but didn't give him free reign over the entire offense.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I like Zach and hope they keep him.

They just need someone not him to be the primary initiator.

My precious Coby was looking good before the DPOY shut the league down.

But he's also not the best decision maker.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dexo posted:

I like Zach and hope they keep him.

They just need someone not him to be the primary initiator.

My precious Coby was looking good before the DPOY shut the league down.

But he's also not the best decision maker.

i mean he’s also a rookie, there’s a good chance his decision-making improves dramatically in the next two years (and if it doesn’t he’s 6’5 and can slot in at the 2 easily)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I like Coby as a scorer but he probably shouldn't be running an offense in the half court. He either needs to be playing next to a bigger initiator or be a really good sixth man.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

I was looking for pictures of Coby next to other players to try and analyze his True Height and see if he'd be alright as a full time SG, but I saw this and it raised an even bigger question:

Now that Zaza's gone, does Wendell have the biggest head in the league? he's almost doubling Lauri in this pic

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think the Bulls are in a weird position but I don't think they blow things up yet. It'd be good to see what things look like with a functioning coach, and a less toxic FO. I am not sure the Zach/Coby backcourt can really work without some kind of point forward or something, and I like Carter but he's not a piece you build around. If you can get something for Lauri do it, but the guy is probably not good enough for a guy who has trouble staying on the floor. I am not sure any GM wants the heat of giving up something for him.

I'd not try to take any new, long term money and just aim for a functioning season even if you miss the playoffs (though I think the Bulls have the talent to be in the mix for one of the last spots if healthy). Then look at trying to get a FA in 2022 or use that offseason to wipe the slate reasonably clean.

Katana_Warrior posted:

I was looking for pictures of Coby next to other players to try and analyze his True Height and see if he'd be alright as a full time SG, but I saw this and it raised an even bigger question:

Now that Zaza's gone, does Wendell have the biggest head in the league? he's almost doubling Lauri in this pic

Coby could probably play SG. He's going to hurt you more defensively there but I think you can get away with a bad defensive SG without it really killing you. You'd want a really good defensive SF and put Coby on the other team's 3&D guy.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 18, 2020

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Coby is going to improve a lot under billy idk what his defensive potential is but he will most assuredly get near it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bulls are weird because I literally have no idea if Carter and Markkaenen are any good. Lauri looked legit as a rookie and then got so mismanaged by Boylen who basically was using him as Steve Novak, and Wendell's been hurt and looked awful under Boylen where he was just doing dribble handoffs when there was no one within 10 feet of him because apparently boylen decided to be Analytics Man and banned midrange shots even if they were wide open. If the new FO wants to move forward without one of the major pieces, you almost need to give them a half season with Donovan to see if they even have any trade value. Obviously the Bulls as constructed aren't going to do anything, but I don't believe Markkanen is as bad as he was last year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Carter was being misused dramatically and still was an insanely good defensive player.

He, Shaq, and Dunn dragged the team to be a pretty good defense during the year.

I don't think Lauri is worth keeping or paying money to.

I don't see how he stays on the floor at the 4 or 5 against most of these teams.His defense is a total liability against the leagues 4s and 5s.

Meanwhile they can easily defend his game as he's not some bruiser who can take advantage of a mismatch on the other end

His shooting despite his pedigree is actually rear end and he hasn't improved his shot at all since joining the Bulls. He can't rebound, unless Robin Lopez is on the team Boxing out everyone to clear a lane for him.

Lauri is being insanely overrated from a decent Rookie year despite never having improved much at all. Yeah coaching and Player Dev has been bad, but homie still can't shoot and hit an open 3 which is literally the only part of him that would theoretically provide any benefit. As hes a defensive liability, and not a rim protector.

His shot should really be a loving poo poo ton better, but it has done nothing but regress since his rookie year.

And Unlike poor Wendell, Lauri was given a green light to shoot, while Wendell had to check over to the bench to see if Boylen is giving him the okay to shoot the wide open midrange jumper he hit all the time in college.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I still think Carter is easily their best long term piece but yeah the way they used him on offense was really stupid and I hope they didn't ruin him. He looked scared to shoot anything that wasn't right at the rim and they didn't let him do the kind of playmaking he showed at lower levels. Not sure Donovan is the guy to unlock him either but I guess it can't be worse.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

lmao

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://mobile.twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1317870581145010180

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
C- technique A+ results

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
LMAO at the announcers being "yeah he had this coming"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

extremely my poo poo a+ feed it to me like grapes

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Parish balled deep into the 90s despite being drafted in the mid 70s and announcers would say "oh . . . you don't want to mess with him. . . . " and I guess they were right.

E: drat dude scored 11 and got 7 rebounds a game despite being 40 https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parisro01.html

Rick fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 18, 2020

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would rather die than see Carmelo on my team again

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Rick posted:

Parish balled deep into the 90s despite being drafted in the mid 70s and announcers would say "oh . . . you don't want to mess with him. . . . " and I guess they were right.

E: drat dude scored 11 and got 7 rebounds a game despite being 40 https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parisro01.html

Wasn't he the one guy Jordan wouldn't say poo poo to in practice?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

Lead the league in rebounding % in 2800 minutes at 36 in 89. Dude had amazing longevity.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

O/U 10 game suspension if this was in 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Wasn't he the one guy Jordan wouldn't say poo poo to in practice?

Yeah if I remember he gave him a healthy amount of space.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

Yeah if I remember he gave him a healthy amount of space.

Parish was the original MMA guy before James Johnson.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Parish was called chief or something because of his face and had a nasty karate chop he'd use in game to break a finger while going for the ball

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Parish was called chief or something because of his face and had a nasty karate chop he'd use in game to break a finger while going for the ball

it's a "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" reference

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Has anyone tried the VR enabled nba game thing

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/benmekler/status/1317916989260623872?s=19

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Huge miscalculation by the director when LeBron spends 40 minutes stuck in Gran Torino

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't want to judge but if you are an adult who goes to see space jam without kids you should also be forced to sit through the entirety of Thunderstruck.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't want to judge but if you are an adult who goes to see space jam without kids you should also be forced to sit through the entirety of Thunderstruck.

too late

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sorry, too bust watching Like Mike

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

RD endorsing kidnapping kids to go see Space Jam 2

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

RD endorsing kidnapping kids to go see Space Jam 2

i am suggesting space jam people really explore the space of children's basketball movies. they should also watch Steel.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i will go back on this if at some point it is safe to go to a movie theater again and they still exist and jim boylen accepts my invitation to watch space jam with me.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Wait does that mean Bronny is gonna be a main character in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

i will go back on this if at some point it is safe to go to a movie theater again and they still exist and jim boylen accepts my invitation to watch space jam with me.

Boylen is going to be livid they didn't take a timeout with 5 seconds left to draw up a ATO play for Sylvester