Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Look I am unable to play anime waifu vr hotel gently caress simulator on steam rn so please don't be a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

I'm not buying a phone until the loving graphics card I paid for literally a calendar month ago today arrives. :colbert:

You pathetic loving piece of poo poo spending over a thousand dollars on some stupid loving graphics card for your idiot video games.

Poverty is all over the place, strife, oppression, minority rights getting trampled on, shelter in desperate need for millions.... food banks, clean water, all sorts of things you could spend that money on but you capitalist piece of gently caress wants to spend it on some stupid loving graphics card?? that you don't need!!!

gently caress off.

Anyway, what's going on in my big hobby passion that is multi billion dollar industry of racing/motorsport???

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

you should just get a switch instead

I bought a switch finally OP!

But I am giving it to my kids for Christmas so I have something new, I mean they have something new to play.

What's some games worth playing?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

You pathetic loving piece of poo poo spending over a thousand dollars on some stupid loving graphics card for your idiot video games.

Poverty is all over the place, strife, oppression, minority rights getting trampled on, shelter in desperate need for millions.... food banks, clean water, all sorts of things you could spend that money on but you capitalist piece of gently caress wants to spend it on some stupid loving graphics card?? that you don't need!!!

gently caress off.

Anyway, what's going on in my big hobby passion that is multi billion dollar industry of racing/motorsport???

Bathurst starts in 2 hours

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

net work error posted:

People keep asking if I'm Tony and I haven't really had an answer, but yeah, I'm thinking I'm Tony.

I just want to apologize for not getting this John Wick reference. It was really good.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

formula anime coverage just started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpaYr5paRpI

Vomitorium
Oct 2, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Awesome thanks. Always wanted to catch this

Vomitorium
Oct 2, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Holy gently caress grid girls. Hot ones. Thanks Japan

Vomitorium
Oct 2, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Cars look sick. Way better than the family sedans my stupid country calls our national series. Anime girls, open wheelers.. Japan seems to know how run poo poo right

Edit: so Japan has the best national series. I've heard but to see it wow

Vomitorium fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 18, 2020

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Custard Undies posted:

What's some games worth playing?

Return of the Obra Dinn
Celeste
Into the Breach
All the Zeldas
All the Marios
All the Dooms
Hollow Knight
Stardew Valley
Witcher 3
Cave Story
Golf Story
Hyperlight Drifter

so basically all the stuff you can play since years outside of Nintendo releases. Still a good little console that made me rebuy lots of stuff.

stay away from Animal Crossing if your time is worth something to you

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

tuo posted:

Return of the Obra Dinn

This game is really good in particular. Also The Outer Wilds. Both games you can only play once so I've been reading this thread and watching formula 1 in the hope I get the specific type of brain damage that makes me forget them.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Speaking of brain damage

https://twitter.com/emollick/status/1316782686619529219

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I buy a lot of barilla pasta. Forgot it was an f1 team for a while, but my italian friends refused to buy anything else

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

gently caress off.

:discourse:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Alex Marquez.... owns?!?!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

the corona quid posted:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

ilmucche posted:

I buy a lot of barilla pasta. Forgot it was an f1 team for a while, but my italian friends refused to buy anything else

Please buy something other than Barilla. The owner is a misogynist dickhead.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

And the pasta is bad, limp and doesn’t take sauce as well as it should. Get at least Rummo or De Cecco level stuff - the midfield of pastas. Look for slight roughness on the outside of the pasta showing it had been made with bronze tools. Smooth pasta is bad

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
And anyone that tells you beans don't belong in chili is the scum of the earth.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Minto Took posted:

Please buy something other than Barilla. The owner is a misogynist dickhead.
We already knew they were Italian

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

And the pasta is bad, limp and doesn’t take sauce as well as it should. Get at least Rummo or De Cecco level stuff - the midfield of pastas. Look for slight roughness on the outside of the pasta showing it had been made with bronze tools. Smooth pasta is bad

Thanks for the tips. I'll see if I can find some. I have noticed it doesn't take sauce particularly well

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Smooth pasta is bad

Much like tifosi brains

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Make your pasta fresh you loving heathens, jfc

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Theophany posted:

Make your pasta fresh you loving heathens, jfc

Making pasta fresh is like making your own puff pastry. What's the point when a machine takes the effort out and produces consistent results? Boiling water and adding dry pasta is not hard.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

One of my good friends is Roman and while he does have a pasta machine, store bought is perfectly acceptable to him for the regular family dinner.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Making pasta fresh is like making your own puff pastry. What's the point when a machine takes the effort out and produces consistent results? Boiling water and adding dry pasta is not hard.

Ah, see, this guy gets capitalism. Noted Tory voter Tsaedje.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

Ah, see, this guy gets capitalism. Noted Tory voter Tsaedje.

Possibly the weakest attempted troll in this thread in a while

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Trolling? There is no trolling here.

Allowing corporations, companies and small business owners to be empowered by the state to provide low cost goods and services particularly with automation getting more and more involved so no one has to work again is the dream. No longer will I have sweat beading off my brow as I laboriously slave away in my own kitchen turning a combination of flour and egg into pasta.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The fancy barilla collezione stuff is much better than the regular for what it’s worth

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tsaedje posted:

Have you seen my posts?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

oops

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

We already knew they were Italian

:discourse:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Even many Italians will tell you dried pasta is the better option, because its the only way to make it al dente.

Of course, you can buy this cheapest at aldi with a nice pack of 'seal bars', which are like penguin bars but nice.

Vomitorium
Oct 2, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i think you'd all be suprised how little Italians actually eat pasta. It's usually an entree, but really.. these days it's pretty rare to sit down to a big rear end plate of empty carbs. I personally haven't eaten it in years and years, I dont really like it and it's pretty bland compared to a million other things we cook really nicely.

As I said, maybe a little entree before steak and veg but the days of the huge pot of napolentana and everyone crowding around a huge table.. lol thats the Pappa John's marketing and has nothing to do with Italy. Your Italian daughter will look at her huge plate of wheat and tell you not only it's gross but it's making her fat and she hates you. Thats what my sister used to say lol

something that really blows the English minds is the lack of breakfast, or breakfast in the sense English and Americans have it. Being properly Aussie now I have it that way too, fry stuff.. eggs, bacon, even the baked beans.. love all of it. Big rear end plate of all that stuff and a huge cappucino, heaven.. but I learned when I was last there that the Italians just have coffee, maybe a small pastry but they don't 'fill up' like we do. Probably a good part of the reason lunch is so important, coz I haven't really eaten and I'm now loving hungry. Hop across the channel and by 10am I've already eaten a huge plate of fried things and feeling full and ready to do something.. but in Italy it's a lot more.. casual :)

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Vomitorium posted:

i think you'd all be suprised how little Italians actually eat pasta. It's usually an entree, but really.. these days it's pretty rare to sit down to a big rear end plate of empty carbs. I personally haven't eaten it in years and years, I dont really like it and it's pretty bland compared to a million other things we cook really nicely.

As I said, maybe a little entree before steak and veg but the days of the huge pot of napolentana and everyone crowding around a huge table.. lol thats the Pappa John's marketing and has nothing to do with Italy. Your Italian daughter will look at her huge plate of wheat and tell you not only it's gross but it's making her fat and she hates you. Thats what my sister used to say lol

something that really blows the English minds is the lack of breakfast, or breakfast in the sense English and Americans have it. Being properly Aussie now I have it that way too, fry stuff.. eggs, bacon, even the baked beans.. love all of it. Big rear end plate of all that stuff and a huge cappucino, heaven.. but I learned when I was last there that the Italians just have coffee, maybe a small pastry but they don't 'fill up' like we do. Probably a good part of the reason lunch is so important, coz I haven't really eaten and I'm now loving hungry. Hop across the channel and by 10am I've already eaten a huge plate of fried things and feeling full and ready to do something.. but in Italy it's a lot more.. casual :)

tony, you're having The Worst Thread over for breakfast downundah - walk us through what you've cooked for us

Vomitorium
Oct 2, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, but Melbourne just lifted corona restrictions and for the first time in months I'm allowed to drive further that 5km from my house and get a haircut. I'm going to go and do that because I hate long hair

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Vomitorium posted:

quote:

63 percent of Italian respondents said they eat pasta either every day or almost every day. No country in Europe consumes so much pasta: Italians eat about 23.5 kg pasta in a year. 27 percent of respondents stated they had pasta multiple times a week. By contrast, for one in ten respondents eating pasta was a weekly occurrence.
Seems you know jack poo poo as per.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Vomitorium posted:

tell you not only it's gross but it's making her fat and she hates you. Thats what my sister used to say lol

ok actually it's tony

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

the corona quid posted:

Spanish riders cannot own, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Khablam posted:

Seems you know jack poo poo as per.

I think that's what Tony said, isn't it? 23.5 kg of pasta in a year only comes out to like 64g of pasta a day, which is like half of an American serving of pasta for dinner. That's just a primi before the secondi in an Italian meal.