Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Cold on a Cob posted:

oops thought this was the covid wfh thread. oh well.

are these not the same, really?

really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
things will get better after terrible pointless slaughter hth

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bob dobbs is dead posted:

things will get better after terrible pointless slaughter hth

After seeing a sea of blood spilled for nothing, someone might learn something.

But people will never learn.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nah, greatest gen peeps learned fine. theyre mostly dead tho

theres been hundreds of instances of learning how fuckin bad war is and giving it up, its just that mortality sweeps up those peeps inoculated and then peeps get violent again

mortality is still better for society than immortality

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Oct 19, 2020

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

christ. those motherfuckers finally pulled it off, they've been wanting to do this since i was a little kid

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

yeah i am in a 250 unit 30 story tower and even tho we have limited elevators to 3 people at a time it’s probably the highest risk thing i do on any given day when i leave the house.

yeah

worst case we may end up living w/ my in laws if our landlord manages to sell this place before we find something we like and can afford. i really don't want to buy into a tower right now. :\

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

yeah i am in a 250 unit 30 story tower and even tho we have limited elevators to 3 people at a time it’s probably the highest risk thing i do on any given day when i leave the house.

the towering infirmo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

just take the stairs

Apr 7, 2003

endlessmonotony posted:

After seeing a sea of blood spilled for nothing, someone might learn something.

But people will never learn.

Biden is running ads here saying he'll "work with Republicans"

you can't play chess with a kid who insists on kicking the table over and shoving the pieces up your rear end, but these people insist on doing it

it's completely insane

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

just take the stairs

i live in a low rise and i was taking the stairs more but then i noticed i ran into people more often in the stairwell. elevator is also ventilated better. no way to win i guess.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Biden is running ads here saying he'll "work with Republicans"

you can't play chess with a kid who insists on kicking the table over and shoving the pieces up your rear end, but these people insist on doing it

it's completely insane
some serious swing state privilege coming off here

your vote actually counts, politicians even pretend to care about you, and your complaint is that they're trying to appeal to moderates?

Apr 7, 2003

Not a single loving self-identifying Republican at this point in time is ever going to vote for anyone but Trump

their entire identity at this point is as a reactionary party. If Obama held a press conference tomorrow and said that he loved the Ford F-150 pickup truck, the official GOP response would be to say that Ford is bad and communist now. Chuds would be selling their trucks and returning their leases at a loss and buying Chevrolet trucks en masse.

The entire Republican identity in 2020 is that they are "not libs." That's it. Trying to appeal to them is pointless.

Obama spent eight years trying to work with these people and their entire stated purpose, full stop, was and is "dismantle Obama's legacy."

They're solely motivated by and identify with their hatred, and you don't make people drop their identity by being real nice to them.

Apr 7, 2003

Republican chuds do not care about policy or making their own lives better.

They care about making their enemies suffer.

That's it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Republican chuds do not care about policy or making their own lives better.

They care about making their enemies suffer.

That's it.

what do you care about tori

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Not a single loving self-identifying Republican at this point in time is ever going to vote for anyone but Trump
Not according to polling, at least

but these days who knows

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

just take the stairs

i am on the 28th floor. that’s a lot of stairs.

i have done it when going for a run tho.

Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

what do you care about tori

I care about people being able to live their lives as they see fit and in good health and material conditions.

Talk to a chud, one I saw talking recently about their "right to not have gay marriage shoved in my face" elaborated that as "gay marriage banned, all gay people back in the closet."

Apr 7, 2003

ShadowHawk posted:

Not according to polling, at least

but these days who knows

The swing voter isn't real. They're an artifact of the polling process.

This election is about who gets their base energized to go vote, not about who persuades the most undecided voters.

lol as we speak 'Congressman Bill Johnson' is on the radio about the "biden scandal"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
eh nothings done till it’s done but I think you’re going to see the fastest memory holeing imaginable if trump loses (and the dems will 100% aid and abet this), there won’t be any consequences for the elite

Apr 7, 2003

That DHS whistleblower guy, Miles Taylor, said that rank-and-file elected GOP officials are terrified of Trump's insane armed base, and that opposing him in any way results in hundreds of death threats. I don't see those people just giving up and going back to watching TV.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

they’ll find a new hobby

Apr 7, 2003

Seriously watch clips of any of Trump's recent hate rallies, people just break into spontaneous "WE LOVE YOU" chants, it's the creepiest poo poo imaginable.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seriously watch clips of any of Trump's recent hate rallies, people just break into spontaneous "WE LOVE YOU" chants, it's the creepiest poo poo imaginable.

the old lady at the town hall who had a ladyboner while asking him a question was a sight

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

people cried when Steve Jobs died and built shrines to him, but nobody’s out there blowing up buildings on his behalf. it’s a loving hobby/lifestyle thing, a lot of those people will move on to something else and pretend they’ve never heard of Donald Trump as soon as the media landscape and culture move past him as well.

there’ll be some dead-enders who don’t realize that the bit is done but that’s the case for everything

Apr 7, 2003

kitten emergency posted:

people cried when Steve Jobs died and built shrines to him, but nobody’s out there blowing up buildings on his behalf. it’s a loving hobby/lifestyle thing, a lot of those people will move on to something else and pretend they’ve never heard of Donald Trump as soon as the media landscape and culture move past him as well.

there’ll be some dead-enders who don’t realize that the bit is done but that’s the case for everything

Steve Jobs never told anyone to blow up buildings on his behalf.

Trump has over and over suggested that his supporters take up arms and commit violence on his behalf, and they have and will.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

america is a country full of freaks but we’re hopelessly addicted to novelty, and Donald Trump doesn’t have fresh material any more

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Steve Jobs never told anyone to blow up buildings on his behalf.

Trump has over and over suggested that his supporters take up arms and commit violence on his behalf, and they have and will.

where’s it at, then? most of these freaks are just larping in the woods, like the guys the feds popped for threatening to kidnap the Michigan gov. the only reason they got got was because the feds incited them to blow up a bridge

Apr 7, 2003

It isn't really about Trump the person, he represents the old American order where old white guys were in charge of everything forever.

He represents a bulwark of white supremacy.

He represents 'gently caress the liberals,' 'the liberals' being anyone not white or anyone left of Reagan.

There's a reason why the qanon whackos keep bringing up poo poo like JFK Jr. and other old celebrities still being alive, they realize that they're no longer relevant and they're going through some sort of psychosis where they keep conjuring up the past when they were.

Apr 7, 2003

kitten emergency posted:

where’s it at, then? most of these freaks are just larping in the woods, like the guys the feds popped for threatening to kidnap the Michigan gov. the only reason they got got was because the feds incited them to blow up a bridge

I've done this already, but the Portland MAX stabbing and the poo poo in Charlottesville are the two things I can pull out of the top of my head.

Even if 99/100 of these people give up after election day and go back to watching TV all day, that 1/100 are significant enough in number to cause a lot of damage.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kitten emergency posted:

*sadly looks at Wayne's World VHS sitting on desk*

party on, garth, party on

Apr 7, 2003

Stochastic terrorism isn't new to the GOP either, remember when Sarah Palin ran an ad with crosshairs on states with Democratic senators and Gabby Giffords got shot in the head?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

That DHS whistleblower guy, Miles Taylor, said that rank-and-file elected GOP officials are terrified of Trump's insane armed base, and that opposing him in any way results in hundreds of death threats. I don't see those people just giving up and going back to watching TV.

it’s like when cops come out and kiss the chuds’ asses when they show up armed in no open carry zones and imply violence if anyone tries to disperse them. free milk chocolate and PA systems!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-ice-protesters-got-charged-boogaloos-got-milk-and-pa-system-from-virginia-cops

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol FALCON TREACHERY

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1318172467966468096

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

falcon and the orangeman

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
trumpy is at the "publicly pretending he's ordered an extrajudicial death squad targeting americans on us soil" stage instead of "actually gives orders to extrajudicial death squads", but that's worrisome either way and there's not a huge gulf between them.

your state is more dysfunctional than some of the banana republics you guys installed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

what the goddamn gently caress is this?

this would be rejected from the onion for being too nonsensical.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

one dishonest malefactor seeks out another. birds of a feather flock together.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Stochastic terrorism isn't new to the GOP either, remember when Sarah Palin ran an ad with crosshairs on states with Democratic senators and Gabby Giffords got shot in the head?

it's going to loving whip rear end when biden gets in and juices cop funding to the gills to go after "domestic terrorism" which will conveniently include anyone who ever posted a snake emoji on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ShadowHawk posted:

some serious swing state privilege coming off here

your vote actually counts, politicians even pretend to care about you, and your complaint is that they're trying to appeal to moderates?

How'd appealing to the mythical moderate work out in 2016?