Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
A hot dog makes her lose control!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Call me Alex.

...ander Phipps.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
which episode was it where a kid writes in asking servo to dance for them, he does a halfassed step for two seconds and goes “ink, adinka-do, there ya go, show that to your mom”?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah I'm driving the monorail drunk, so what?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah I'm driving the monorail drunk, so what?

We're crushing pigeons. It's fun!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

time of the apes was a series right? does it also end on a bummer note or what

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bootleg Trunks posted:

time of the apes was a series right? does it also end on a bummer note or what

It ends basically the same way as the movie, since the movie takes the first couple of episodes and the last episode and smashes them together despite all the mess that'd bring

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!
Great, "Gifts From Germany": braunschweiger, cars with heaters that don't work, and identification papers.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
PUSH BUTTON PHONING

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Watching The Violent Years, specifically the short in front of it "A Young Man's Fancy" and just realized that Judy sticks all her food in the oven where it sits for two hours before they actually start cooking. Which just seems... unsafe.

Remember, you can't trust anyone in that short.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

John Murdoch posted:

PUSH BUTTON PHONING

ABOUT WHAT????

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Soon you'll have all your friends hanging up on you and dreading your calls!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I dunno, for some reason, I feel like I'm drawn to that German exhibit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Century 21 Calling is definitely an outlier in those futurism shorts because the stuff they talked about actually happened. Probably helped that they were showcasing stuff that was actually being worked on instead of most shorts where they're just blue skying.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

take off the pith helmet :argh:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

🎵At the annie sprinkle show!🎵

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Century 21 Calling is definitely an outlier in those futurism shorts because the stuff they talked about actually happened. Probably helped that they were showcasing stuff that was actually being worked on instead of most shorts where they're just blue skying.

Introducing the rotary phone :haw:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder, there's another The Mads livestream tomorrow night, this one a collection of shorts. Once again you cannot purchase a show after it has aired but if you buy tickets before and don't have time to watch it live you will get a download version.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Burkion posted:

It ends basically the same way as the movie, since the movie takes the first couple of episodes and the last episode and smashes them together despite all the mess that'd bring

I've always wanted to see those Japanese TV shows edited into movies in their original form, they seem goofy enough that they'd be fun to watch. There was Time of the Apes, Fugitive Alien, and Mighty Jack in all I think.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Hideaki Anno rebuilt the Mighty Jack for his tokusatsu museum, so I'm guessing that's at least somewhat remembered fondly in its original form.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

so is Catalina Caper bad even by beach movie standards? it just seems like an odd choice for an episode

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Bootleg Trunks posted:

so is Catalina Caper bad even by beach movie standards? it just seems like an odd choice for an episode

Not sure haven't really watched too many beach movies, all I know is I'm glad a place that's dear to my heart has a MST3K connection

My personal guess is that they wanted to make fun of a beach movie and the rights were cheap

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bootleg Trunks posted:

It is an incredibly standard beach movie though Little Richard is of a higher quality than the B-list surf bands that beach movies usually got.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

It is an incredibly standard beach movie though Little Richard is of a higher quality than the B-list surf bands that beach movies usually got.

Yeah, just check out Horror at Party Beach.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Funky Valentine posted:

"Hmm... I think I know a bright young singer that's hopped up on goofballs right now."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Was that also the only movie they did that was (intentionally) supposed to be a comedy?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

hobgoblins, i guess

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Some purport to be satire (I believe Space Mutiny is in this category), and I feel there's a fair few that wanted to be comedy before whatever other genre they're supposed to be (Attack of The The Eye Creatures can barely go minutes without snarky commentary or attempts at jokes from one loathsome character or another)

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, just check out Horror at Party Beach.

I wasn't sold on Horror at Party Beach until this moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta603oVyIqA

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hogama posted:

Some purport to be satire (I believe Space Mutiny is in this category), and I feel there's a fair few that wanted to be comedy before whatever other genre they're supposed to be (Attack of The The Eye Creatures can barely go minutes without snarky commentary or attempts at jokes from one loathsome character or another)

Quest of the Delta Knights as well. That movie didn't really seem to know what it wanted to be but there were a fair amount of slapstick moments/comedic bits.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hogama posted:

The director of Squirm famously cited his movie to be this and how could those Best Brain nerds just not get it and anyway they were ripping off Elvira and Svengoolie. Or so he said in an angry email to... the head of the MST3K forum of the time.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Talking about people mad at MST3K I remember Peter Graves hated them mocking his acting, there was an interview with him not too long before he passed away where he said he wasn't a fan

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe Don Baker doesn't like them very much, which, fair.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
our hero a big stinky cheater

Unmature
May 9, 2008
He’s reading Ye Firm

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Joe Don Baker doesn't like them very much, which, fair.

The entire "You better run (or he'll eat your lunch)/ You better hide (your lunch)" over the end credits is just mean-spirited fat-shaming, but I can't help but to like it, because it feels like an open taunt after Joe Don Baker threatened them about their treatment of Mitchell. It's basically them telling Joe Don Baker "You think you can take us? Go 'head on. It's your move."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zeether posted:

Talking about people mad at MST3K I remember Peter Graves hated them mocking his acting, there was an interview with him not too long before he passed away where he said he wasn't a fan

If you could see my hands right now, you'd be horrified!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

i can’t help but feel partially responsible.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Wait, this isn't a stick shift... AaaAAAAHHH :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

The entire "You better run (or he'll eat your lunch)/ You better hide (your lunch)" over the end credits is just mean-spirited fat-shaming, but I can't help but to like it, because it feels like an open taunt after Joe Don Baker threatened them about their treatment of Mitchell. It's basically them telling Joe Don Baker "You think you can take us? Go 'head on. It's your move."

Maybe he should just stop drinking baby oil then