Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

a man goes to the doctor the doctor says I have some bad news, well i have two pieces of bad news, first off you have cancer, second off you have Alzheimer's and the guy goes oh thank goodness at least I don't have cancer I lied about the dementia not being a joke thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Sid Vicious posted:

a man goes to the doctor the doctor says I have some bad news, well i have two pieces of bad news, first off you have cancer, second off you have Alzheimer's and the guy goes oh thank goodness at least I don't have cancer I lied about the dementia not being a joke thing

That was a whole page ago who remembers that long?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ikanreed posted:

That was a whole page ago who remembers that long?

oh my god it's getting worse

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
So do we get a free year of NordVPN now or what

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

So is Lowtax perma'd yet?

What if part of the deal was that he’s unbannable?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Then Jeffrey just probes him for a century

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
Odd thought just came to me: I'm glad Lowtax being gone didn't break the mystical seal that's kept JJCoolJ away.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

god that sounds uncomfortable

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Sid Vicious posted:

The go see Pagliacci joke but the punchline is foot fetishes and beating women

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

but doctor I am Tarantino

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

IronicDongz posted:

I wonder how many years lowtax will be tilting at windmills about this trying to convince chuds online that he's been robbed. my money's on until he croaks

Who complains more that goons sabotaged them, Tax or Doobie?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Sid Vicious posted:

but doctor I am Tarantino

Lmao

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
We need to get increasingly complex and distant monikers to label Lowtax with.

Toesnax is on the right path. I'm thinking something closer to Cockwax or Spinecracks

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

FilthyImp posted:

Toesnax is on the right path. I'm thinking something closer to Cockwax or Spinecracks

Dick yanka is already the best name, don't try to iterate

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

blowtax is a good one, i really approve of that one.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Asscrax, but said like Gilbert gottfried’s “AFLAC!”

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE
this drama is what got me visiting the site again regularly, now what am I going to do

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

BRICKFACE posted:

this drama is what got me visiting the site again regularly, now what am I going to do

be the change you want to see in the world

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

I feel like this ends with something extremely esoteric yet immediately recognizable like we all refer to him by the Chinese character for "stick" and yet everyone understands.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Now this saga has come to an end, how else will we entertain ourselves?

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

as per my last email, we'll touch base, circle back and synergize

Jacada posted:

im still here, im an endless font of dumbassery for goons to amuse themselves with

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Internet Explorer posted:

be the change you want to see in the world

You want them to go out and create more drama?

Doesn't that usually take two goons for maximum entertainment value?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

What needs to happen so you don't have to live in a shelter anymore?

if only her gofundme hadn't been blackholed by burt, you could've helped

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The main issue that allowed all this poo poo to fester is that unless you were dialed in to lowtax himself, the only times you ever caught wind of it was the very public situations. Like i said when i apologized to LA, i mostly just figured lowtax as an idiot and was dating other idiots, and did not really look into it more than that. it was not until the most recent situation that i actually had the scale of his behavior revealed to me and it was loving atrocious.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Yeah but it would have gone public much sooner if it wasn't actively suppressed by bad mods

i will stop saying 'ban burt' when i'm dead in my grave. then my gravestone will just have a picture of a skeleton flipping two birds and BAN BURT.

if 'just put burt on ignore' is supposedly the solution to him, it should be the same solution for me. but it's clear that saying ban a guy is a greater sin on these forums than blackholing a gofundme thread for a DV victim so gently caress this poo poo, just go ahead and ban me you goddamn hypocrites.

i've come here every day for like 15 years, i can't believe this was the stupid poo poo that finally made me quit, but it is. goddamn, this poo poo isn't worth the 10% off royal mile coffee.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jacada posted:

You can become a QCS regular

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

StrangersInTheNight posted:

i will stop saying 'ban burt' when i'm dead in my grave. then my gravestone will just have a picture of a skeleton flipping two birds and BAN BURT.

if 'just put burt on ignore' is supposedly the solution to him, it should be the same solution for me. but it's clear that saying ban a guy is a greater sin on these forums than blackholing a gofundme thread for a DV victim so gently caress this poo poo, just go ahead and ban me you goddamn hypocrites.

i've come here every day for like 15 years, i can't believe this was the stupid poo poo that finally made me quit, but it is. goddamn, this poo poo isn't worth the 10% off royal mile coffee.

Not much more can be said.

Not banning that shitfuck and Reene, who buried a means of support for a DV victim because hopefully Richard senpai might notice, is loving pathetic and the least that the current admins could do.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You can become a QCS regular

The fact that there is even such a thing as QCS regulars is an indictment of what this forum has become.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Jacada posted:

It'll never really "end" so long as Lowtax is still online in some capacity under his handle(s) and/or posting about him is still permitted here. The only way there won't be an endless set of encores and echoes here on SA is if Richiepoo just fucks off from the internet and social media forever, which as had been mentioned earlier is very unlikely given his lack of real-world job skills and apparent egomania/narcissism; or if our new overlords implement a hard rule banning any discussion about him, which is not unprecedented since there has been one semi-in-place for pretty much any CWC/Sonichu stuff when the pepper-spraying an EB Games went down (and the CWC stalking wiki was at its peak but before it became KiwiFarms).

And speaking of Helldump 2.0 Festering and Amplified and Worse...that place, so long as it exists, is going to be the wildcard that always beats any attempts for online pariahs to fade away. Hell, last time I went on a safari there (in December when the FYAD vs Troons stuff was in full swing and Lowtax had gone from welcome poster in their Shmorky stalking thread to being the target-subject of his very own one), they were still actively posting in the thread they had about the guy who was obsessed with a one-off cartoon character and guns who tried to make his own disturbing webtoons about suicide ghost teenage girls, and in the end became another suicide spree shooter at his grocery store stockboy job. Despite his rampage/death taken place literal years ago.

Yeah, you can bet that the most definite final online fate for Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka will be whatever else is posted about him at KF. Even if he continues his transitions to the incel/MGTOW/whatever circles like that podcast appearance earlier this year, eventually that will dry up or he will die, whichever comes first, but KF has shown that mortality won't stop them shitposting on their favorite targets. And Lowtax was 100% one of their (newer) faves long before the straw that broke the camel's back was dropped.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
its too bad there is no authority who can forcibly remove lowtax from the internet

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FilthyImp posted:

have your own meltdown and generate the drama

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

thathonkey posted:

its too bad there is no authority who can forcibly remove lowtax from the internet

Not unless he commits a cybercrime, then the court can forbid him to even use a computer for the duration of his parole.

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Tuxide posted:

I kinda want future site donations to subtract from, instead of add to, the current donation tag amount, to give incentive to atone for donating money to Richard.

For example, I have the $5 tag. If I gave $125 post-sale, that would get changed to a -$120 tag, where anything less than $0 looks much cooler than the random word crap they came with before.
I like this idea. I donated to the forums to keep them running because I was given to understand that they were in dire need of cash.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

thathonkey posted:

*pulls out INTERNET POLICE badge from old dusty chest hidden deep in cellar*

Never thought it would come to this.

.............Lock and load :clint:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s been a few days and nobody’s linked his facebook. I for sure do not give a poo poo about him any more. Whatever he does, it’s just the same basic pattern of attention seeking and blame shifting. He’s too pathetic to keep much attention now.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Vagabundo posted:

Not banning that shitfuck and Reene, who buried a means of support for a DV victim because hopefully Richard senpai might notice, is loving pathetic and the least that the current admins could do.

yeah i mean :wtc: is the ~mod culture~ that this is cool? Like what in the actual gently caress are you trying to do by not, at bare rear end minimum, taking the stars?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Seriously, what the gently caress is this pusillanimous poo poo?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935671#post508067238

"This has been sitting a long rear end time without a response, loving sorry about that. It takes a while to find all the stuff from that time, review it, get all the admins to look it over, discuss it, and decide. I want to update you on where we stand at the moment. I owe you that.

The admins looked at all the original posts, the measures that were took, and what was said about it. The situation could have been handled way loving better and discussed more with people and signal boosted way better, but we also don't think anyone was consciously acting to shield shitbag Lowtax. Did it? Yeah. That's a gently caress up, but we don't think any forum punishments need to be retroactively given.

Nobody is happy about how any of this went down and there are already changes on our side to make sure something like this doesn't happen again. Every forum issue or discussion is broken out into it's own thread and everyone is encouraged to read it and make sure we get tons of opinions on it. We are also adding a lot of new moderators so we have more eyes on everything. A forum like GBS should never be down to 1 or 2 Mods to cover everything.

As always, if you want to chat about this or just want to vent, you can send me a PM. I will respond to everything and be honest.

We will be better, and if we aren't, loving call us on it. "

gently caress you. They loving knew exactly what the gently caress they were loving doing. Yeah, "support a person currently living in a DV shelter because lowtax is a punchy poo poo when it comes to his spouses and partners." OH I DON'T BE KNOW WHAT THAT BE AM ABOUT, IT BE AM BE TOO SUTTLE. gently caress off, pull the other one.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 20, 2020

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

same

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

All punishment is retroactive. That part doesn’t make any sense.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, consider that me calling the admins on their poo poo relating to Burt.

Like "oh, people have been mean to Burt in the wake of this." Oh boo loving hoo, why could that possibly be?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lolie posted:

The fact that there is even such a thing as QCS regulars is an indictment of what this forum has become.

I mean, they've been around a real long while. They're not a new thing.

Vagabundo posted:

Said it before and will say it again-- if they were even remotely serious about announcing a new age for the forums, nuking Burt would go a very loving long way. I've seen people much more innocent made an example of for political reasons. This is the rare case where it would be a net benefit for literally everyone involved who isn't already a personal friend to Burt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Vagabundo posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress is this pusillanimous poo poo?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935671#post508067238

"This has been sitting a long rear end time without a response, loving sorry about that. It takes a while to find all the stuff from that time, review it, get all the admins to look it over, discuss it, and decide. I want to update you on where we stand at the moment. I owe you that.

The admins looked at all the original posts, the measures that were took, and what was said about it. The situation could have been handled way loving better and discussed more with people and signal boosted way better, but we also don't think anyone was consciously acting to shield shitbag Lowtax. Did it? Yeah. That's a gently caress up, but we don't think any forum punishments need to be retroactively given.

Nobody is happy about how any of this went down and there are already changes on our side to make sure something like this doesn't happen again. Every forum issue or discussion is broken out into it's own thread and everyone is encouraged to read it and make sure we get tons of opinions on it. We are also adding a lot of new moderators so we have more eyes on everything. A forum like GBS should never be down to 1 or 2 Mods to cover everything.

As always, if you want to chat about this or just want to vent, you can send me a PM. I will respond to everything and be honest.

We will be better, and if we aren't, loving call us on it. "

gently caress you. They loving knew exactly what the gently caress they were loving doing. Yeah, "support a person currently living in a DV shelter because lowtax is a punchy poo poo when it comes to his spouses and partners." OH I DON'T BE KNOW WHAT THAT BE AM ABOUT, IT BE AM BE TOO SUTTLE. gently caress off, pull the other one.

you know what would be better, is actually doing something. "OK we're gonna go ahead and not do poo poo, but in the future we'll be better. Starting.... now. Wait no i mean starting now. Ok from now on we'll be better."