Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Thooooose skulls are tiny. Besides, Shiva has arms to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

In my mind, it's just an extremely pedantic fellow who refuses to claim they do not possess any human skulls, as they do, in fact, possess as many skulls as your average person.

lucky enough to have missed the dan lirette saga, I see

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Thooooose skulls are tiny. Besides, Shiva has arms to spare.
Well not everyone has a giant goddamn head Willie.

Also that's Kali

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Well you know you have to wash the skulls and dry them on high heat so they shrink a bit before they’re suitable for a necklace.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

2SPOOKY:
It is too late, there is already a skull inside you!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Well not everyone has a giant goddamn head Willie.

Also that's Kali

With skulls? I thought Shiva had the skulls and such adornments.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
It's not skulls, but it is exciting new territory in toxic masculinity:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I though Shiva was masc.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Who considers Ketchup a fruit? Who eats fruit with Ketchup? Tomato argument aside!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

It's not skulls, but it is exciting new territory in toxic masculinity:

wow shocking news about the fruit that looks the most like balls

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It raises the more worrying question of whether women are allowed to eat pineapple?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I though Shiva was masc.

Yeah Shiva's a dude. Blame Final Fantasy for making people think otherwise.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

How is avocado masculine?? It's all squishy!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

OwlFancier posted:

It raises the more worrying question of whether women are allowed to eat pineapple?

I mean it’s clearly a challenging fruit but in today’s permissive culture I’m sure there are some out there trying to. The question is whether they can do it with grace and I think we all know the answer.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

With skulls? I thought Shiva had the skulls and such adornments.
The image in question is the aftermath of the slaying of the demon Raktabija. Kali, drunk on the blood of demons, treading upon the prone Shiva

sugar mouse posted:

How is avocado masculine??

Ellie Crabcakes has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Oct 19, 2020

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
So it is a picture of Shiva then.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

The image in question is the aftermath of the slaying of the demon Raktabija. Kali, drunk on the blood of demons, treading upon the prone Shiva

Thanks! I guess that explains the long hair.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Thanks! I guess that explains the long hair.
t does not

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Kali’s hair is far more luxurious and looks like it came from a salon.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Kali’s hair is far more luxurious and looks like it came from a salon.

But it doesn't have an ejaculating flower does it?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

dialhforhero posted:

Who considers Ketchup a fruit? Who eats fruit with Ketchup? Tomato argument aside!

Ketchup is a vegetable.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

If someone's wearing a necklace of 28 toe bones, they could all be from the same person. The guy wearing a necklace of 28 skulls is letting you know exactly how many people he's killed. That is why skulls are better.

Or exactly how many human skulls he's illegally purchased.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1318039274344882176?s=21

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SiKboy posted:

You'd need 20 trapanees to counterweight just one person who had a single extra skull (which, as I'm sure you are aware, would make them a mere dilettante in the world of serious skull collectors. Skull collecting is like K-pop, in that no one gets a little bit into it).

what if i have the extra skull made into an exoskull that goes inside my head flesh over my original skull

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

what if i have the extra skull made into an exoskull that goes inside my head flesh over my original skull

The old ukranian nested skull trick? Still two skulls, an innie and an outie.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

IncredibleIgloo posted:

They having a reasoned discussions about the proper ways to implement NAGPRA while still allowing archaeological progress I hope? Not something much more sinister?

good old tumblr bone drama... haven't had any in so long

there was another one where someone bought a child's skeleton from a flea market, and I swear another I'm forgetting

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Push El Burrito posted:

Ketchup is a vegetable.

You're thinking of pizza

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Len posted:

You're thinking of pizza

Ketchup is definitely not a pizza. I will absolutely die on this hill.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is he in bed? Lol

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tjadeth posted:

there was another one where someone bought a child's skeleton from a flea market

excuse me what

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Kali is Shiva's wife/consort.

Shiva has a funny story about skulls though. Because Ganesha, (the elephant headed god) is Shiva's son.

So Parvati, (another of Shiva's wives/consorts), was bored at home because Shiva was out doing god stuff. So she decided to make herself a son. So she got some dirt and mud and stuff and moulded herself a baby boy. The reason he is so fat is because as she was moulding him, she would giggle everytime she put some mud on his belly, so she decided to keep doing it and now Ganesha is a big old chungus. Anyway, after she had made him, she was tired, so went to have a nap. Ganesha, being a good boy, stood outside the house and guarded his mum whilst she slept. Shiva took this time to come home from his godly business. When he arrived at the front door he saw this fat kid he had never met guarding the door. He tried to get in his own house, but Ganesha told him to gently caress off, coz his mum was sleeping and not to be disturbed. Shiva didn't take too well to being spoken to that way by a chubby stranger child, so he chopped off the brats head, and went inside to brag to his wife about decapitating a child. Well, when she heard that her husband had chopped off her sons head, Parvati was angry. So she told Shiva in no uncertain terms that since he was the one who chopped off his head, he was going to be the one to get him a new one. She ordered him to head back out into the forest and chop the head off the first thing he saw and bring it back for his son. This he did and the first thing he saw was an Elephant. This is why Ganesha has an Elephant's head.

I guess old Hindu stories count as social media. If they don't I am sorry for the rambling story. Also, different regions in India may have different versions of this story, this is the version I was told by my Grandma.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Shiva seems kind of into it

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Splicer posted:

Shiva seems kind of into it

Are you saying you wouldn't be into having a demon slaying warrior goddess for a wife?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

poo poo like this makes me wonder why anyone would ever bother following a boring religion like Christianity.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Shiva asking for them feet pics goddess.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Each and every one of you already has a perfectly good skull. Don't get greedy.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mine is fine but it has a hosed up wad of meat inside it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Why is Kali making the ahegao face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fister Roboto posted:

Mine is fine but it has a hosed up wad of meat inside it.
You think that's bad, you should see the outside