Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Mr. Morgan, I'm putting together a team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So is Hannibal just "Dexter but Good" (good meaning quality)?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So is Hannibal just "Dexter but Good" (good meaning quality)?

dexter always had more fun with the idea of a serial killer and it’s got a lot of intentionally goofy stuff to make you laugh on purpose, the tone of hannibal is extremely grim so sometimes you laugh when it doesn’t work but for the most part hannibal is very consistent in what it’s going for

hannibal also got cut at three seasons and is very visually striking whereas dexter tends to be very flat, but i would say if you enjoyed dexter you probably would also enjoy hannibal

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Hannibal also made the "possibly made out of people" food look so delicious that they released a cookbook.

https://www.amazon.com/Feeding-Hannibal-Connoisseurs-Janice-Poon/dp/1783297662

I picked it up, but was kind of disappointed in it though, because the one recipe I wanted (the "pork" leg that is wrapped in lotus leaves and baked in clay) isn't in there, they just turn it into a chicken dish. Luckily that recipe is here:
https://www.bingingwithbabish.com/recipes/2017/8/22/clayroastedthigh?rq=clay

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Reminiscing with this thread over the last 6 pages almost made watching the final season of Dexter worth it.

Such a lovely, lovely show. But the TV/IV thread was gold.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I liked how the Breaking Bad finale aired a week after Dexter's. Two shows that had two entirely different levels of quality at the end.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God, how could I have forgotten Chicky Hines. Gonna hate watch the gently caress out of this.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Do we know when this is supposed to air? I can't imagine any earlier than 2022.

plenty of time for a goon dexter rewatch

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Supposedly fall 2021 but that depends on things being good enough for production to go forward in the spring.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

whowhatwhere posted:

Supposedly fall 2021 but that depends on things being good enough for production to go forward in the spring.

The entire season will be Dexter properly quarantining and talking to ghost Harry.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Spacebump posted:

The entire season will be Dexter properly quarantining and talking to ghost Harry.

the show is in florida. they don't do that there.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
"Man it sure does look a lot like Vancouver here in Miami for some reason."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

bonus points if the characters take a trip to Vancouver at some point to poke fun at the fact they've been in Vancouver all along, ala The L Word

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

are they actually going to film this in vancouver? you guys are getting my hopes up that roger cross and all the other canadian actors show up

nerox
May 20, 2001

ded posted:

He will spend all his time contact tracing and murder superspreaders.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
He will need to upgrade his henley shirt situation and add in more protection gear given the close quarters of his kill room setups.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

esperterra posted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

whowhatwhere posted:

I thought production would start in fall 2021. So it would probably wrap early 2022. Based on that I would guess summer 2022 for more CHICKY HINES

ded posted:

The show is shot in California though.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The show is shot in California though.

If I recall didn't they even have multiple episodes where sunset/sunrise was absolutely wrong on the coast for being being on the East Coast?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
He’s a lumberjack. We don’t know what area he ended up in.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Senor Tron posted:

If I recall didn't they even have multiple episodes where sunset/sunrise was absolutely wrong on the coast for being being on the East Coast?

It's always fun spotting things like that.

I remember an episode of Veronia Mars where a character went to "Australia" and was filmed sitting next to one of those little Baywatch lifesaver houses while the sun set in the ocean behind him.

A very pretty shot to be sure, but we don't have those little houses and he was supposed to be on the east coast.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

we're gonna drop in medias res the first episode and it will be revealed that dexter has worked killed his way to the head of the logging company and is now a captain of industry because sociopaths are übermenschen and cream always rises to the top baby

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Better Call Doakes. With the original cast, of course.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's always fun spotting things like that.

I remember an episode of Veronia Mars where a character went to "Australia" and was filmed sitting next to one of those little Baywatch lifesaver houses while the sun set in the ocean behind him.

A very pretty shot to be sure, but we don't have those little houses and he was supposed to be on the east coast.

I love being on a west facing coast, we get those ocean sunsets here in Adelaide and they're amazing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I would love it if the first line is MCH narrating...

"I'm a lumberjack. And I'm not ok."

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Man, a whole lot of memories. I wonder if I can still find the old character introduction gifs I made back when.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I have not thought about that girl trying to cut up her salad in years lol

Be interesting to see how it turns out, I remember reading that the ending was supposed to be "Dexter was cured of his dark passenger and the urge to kill but its countered by the fact he now has to live the rest of his life alone and in hiding"

I guess it'll have something to do with Dex having a brush with the local law and then them finding out he's been using a fake identity or something.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

esperterra posted:

I... I started yesterday. I have no idea why.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Der Shovel posted:

I... I started yesterday. I have no idea why.

I did as well. Went through season one okay, but for some reason I've stalled on two.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Make it through season 4 then commence hate watching.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, season 3 got a poo poo ton of flack, still does, but c'mon.... Seasons 5-8 should be bad enough to completely recalibrate anyone's opinion on 3.

S3 still had the promise of him being caught!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Yeah, season 3 got a poo poo ton of flack, still does, but c'mon.... Seasons 5-8 should be bad enough to completely recalibrate anyone's opinion on 3.

S3 still had the promise of him being caught!

Season 3 gave us Black SUV, Chicky Hines, and Freebo. It's great for all the wrong reasons. At least it was fun to laugh at, with 5 onward it was less funny.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I turned the show off as soon as Dexter put on Mickey mouse ears and it sounds like that was a good choice

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJaEM7pp/

Someone should buy her an account.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'd forgotten that Satan from Supernatural was Rita's ex.

And I don't know if I can take mop top Satan seriously.

E:

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 25, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

I'd forgotten that Satan from Supernatural was Rita's ex.

And I don't know if I can take mop top Satan seriously.

E:

Didn't he play a sheriff in something? He looks VERY familiar, outside of Dexter.

Wait, I'm thinking of 13 Reasons Why, another show that swung for Dexter's ridiculousness the more it went on.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 131 days!

Didn't he play a sheriff in something? He looks VERY familiar, outside of Dexter.

Wait, I'm thinking of 13 Reasons Why, another show that swung for Dexter's ridiculousness the more it went on.

He was also the Devil or whatever in LOST.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
He’s also the thug who holds The Dude’s head in the toilet in The Big Lebowski.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh my god at the end of the first season when Dexter discovers that his mother was murdered on the 3rd of October, they have him write it down several times, circle it on paper, underline it, write it out as 10/3, 103 and then narrate it. Who the gently caress needed literally 50 levels of exposition to understand that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Der Shovel posted:

Oh my god at the end of the first season when Dexter discovers that his mother was murdered on the 3rd of October, they have him write it down several times, circle it on paper, underline it, write it out as 10/3, 103 and then narrate it. Who the gently caress needed literally 50 levels of exposition to understand that?

black suv