Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Razor and Chongyun are also DPS greatsword users (and are good). What sets Diluc a bit apart is his E having 3 charges making shield breaking a breeze, how powerful his Q is (especially with Venti), and his better stats in general. He doesn't do anything irreplaceable, he just is the best choice for the most important role in the team. I wouldn't go through reroll hell for him and I'd be more interested in getting a Mona or Qiqi in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Infinity Gaia posted:

What about Razor tho.

I forgot about him. Good point. Razor is apparently a beast too. Does his E have 3 charges and act as a combo though? I saw a video on reddit where Razor just annihilated Andrius within about 40 to 60 seconds. With the right build he's apparently right up there with Mona in terms of producing ridiculous damage numbers if you want to delve into the mechanics.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wait I thought you couldn't use food on the Abyss

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Archonex posted:

I forgot about him. Good point. Razor is apparently a beast too. Does his E have 3 charges and act as a combo though? I saw a video on reddit where Razor just annihilated Andrius within about 40 to 60 seconds. With the right build he's apparently right up there with Mona in terms of producing ridiculous damage numbers if you want to delve into the mechanics.

Naw, but Razor's gimmick is he turbo charges his own Burst with his E (and his E has a pretty short cooldown anyways), and his Burst lets him attack really fast while still doing claymore damage and proccing lightning. He's basically an auto-attack build. His major downside is he needs to stay out for a long time since his Burst goes away (with some refunding) if he switches out.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Archonex posted:

This also adds a second damage stat on top of Thrilling Tales that may multiply off of it.

All damage bonuses stack additively within their respective groups AFAIK. The spreadsheet gives the formula as

(Base ATK * (1 + ATK%) + FLAT ATK)*(1 + Corresponding Dmg Bonus%)*(Skill Multiplier)

Where hydro DMG and the Thrilling Tales bonus etc go under "corresponding dmg bonus" and "skill multiplier" is the percentage listed in the talent stat sheet for each skill/attack. Mona's damage taken bonus on her Q also goes under "corresponding dmg bonus" and stacks additively too, like everything else.

You're kinda overhyping the numbers IMO. Don't get me wrong, Mona is absolutely good and her ult does a ton of damage for how spammable it is, but her autoattacks are rather unimpressive even if you go to great lengths to buff them up.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 20, 2020

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

TheFluff posted:

All damage bonuses stack additively within their respective groups AFAIK. The spreadsheet gives the formula as

(Base ATK * (1 + ATK%) + FLAT ATK)*(1 + Corresponding Dmg Bonus%)*(Skill Multiplier)

Where hydro DMG and the Thrilling Tales bonus etc go under "corresponding dmg bonus" and "skill multiplier" is the percentage listed in the talent stat sheet for each skill/attack. Mona's damage taken bonus on her Q also goes under "corresponding dmg bonus" and stacks additively too, like everything else.

You're kinda overhyping the numbers IMO. Don't get me wrong, Mona is absolutely good and her ult does a ton of damage for how spammable it is, but her autoattacks are rather unimpressive even if you go to great lengths to buff them up.

I'm really not. The auto attack is eh compared to other late game options but her ult is without a doubt probably one of the hardest hitting things in the game.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is Noelle slow with her attack or is that because of the sword I equipped her with? Also the last boss for the uninhabited island sucks because of the drat slimes and the magician.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
She's a claymore user, it's the slowest weapon class by a lot (but also arguably the best). Nothing in the game grants attack speed, so Noelle will always attack at that speed, no matter what you equip her with.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Archonex posted:

I'm really not. The auto attack is eh compared to other late game options but her ult is without a doubt probably one of the hardest hitting things in the game.

Isn't that exactly what I said?

Also, the damage scaling on her ult is top tier, but e.g. Keqing has even higher scaling on hers (and so does Amber, for that matter, if all arrows hit). The reason Mona's gets so much hype is that it delivers all the damage in one hit so you get a gigantic number, and also that the ~50% damage bonus it gives applies to its own damage as well. If you hypothetically were to follow Mona's ult with Keqing's, Keqing's would do even more damage than Mona's.

The thing is though that by very late game when you're going to have something like 70-100% hydro damage builtin already plus all the other misc damage bonuses you might be carting around (e.g. Thrilling Tales) another 50% stacking additively isn't super impressive anymore. It's still great of course but it's a much smaller proportional damage increase compared to earlier in the game when you have less damage bonus overall. The Chinese clips floating around of Mona doing many hundreds of thousands of damage are using The Widsith, which is a gimmicky catalyst that gives one of three random 10-second bonuses when swapping the character in, and one of those is +48% elemental damage, for example.

Again don't get me wrong, it's an amazing ult and hilarious to use, one of the strongest in the game no doubt, but I find all the gushing about big numbers a bit misleading. I have Mona myself and she's a top tier support but I'm kinda doubtful with regards to using her as DPS.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 20, 2020

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Well I pulled Diluc a few days ago from a random free roll in the Venti banner and so far I've found him... unimpressive? I don't know if I'm doing something wrong exactly but I don't see the hype. It feels like Razor was consistently pulling similar numbers. Maybe it doesn't help that I both dislike the claymore playstyle and his general character design.

I know I shouldn't complain when I have three 5* units with minimal monetary investment (ventix2, mona, and diluc) but I'd trade them all for Keqing. She looks like the most fun to play with until Xiao comes out.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Once I've exhausted the Beginner's wish, is the standard wish the only place to use Acquaint Fate? So should I just be using the Acquaint Fate to roll on Standard whenever I get them through the story, or are there any better places or times to use them?
Edit: And there's no functional difference between doing a 10-roll and doing one roll at a time?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ET4y1F7Tf

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

ThePineapple posted:

Once I've exhausted the Beginner's wish, is the standard wish the only place to use Acquaint Fate? So should I just be using the Acquaint Fate to roll on Standard whenever I get them through the story, or are there any better places or times to use them?

There is no other place to use them. No idea if this will ever change.

quote:

Edit: And there's no functional difference between doing a 10-roll and doing one roll at a time?

No. Doing it one at a time lets you stop before 10 pulls. But if you're sure you want to do all 10, there's no difference between the two.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Been having a blast with this game the past 10 days. Very much digging the botw vibe combined with number go up mechanics that most mmos have. Its just fun looking for chests even if its mostly junk cause that's just more fodder to make my squad stronger. Plus the adventure rank points.

I know there is definitely a honeymoon period and that will end once the chests and quests dry up. But I haven't finished clearing out mondstadt so should have a ways to go. Only play a couple hours each day so hoping I won't clear everything before the 1.1 update.

My pulls weren't fantastic. No five stars. I did pull Barbara and Razor with the beginner pulls tho. Razor is the best. Sure he's no Diluc but Diluc ain't my style anyway. Such a moody punk. I did mange to thankfully pull two Fischls in a row later. Elemental reactions weren't great on my team. But just hit AR20 and got the free Xinagling from the abyss so now I'm blowing poo poo up with her fire bear combined with Fischl's raven.

Unfortunately had to play on my launch PS4 as my laptop is 5 years old and the game struggled on even the low settings. The game on regular PS4 is...not great. As soon as I stepped into Liyue during the Xinagling quest the frame rate tanked. Heard its even worse in liyue harbor. I got a PS5 pre-ordered so hopefully it runs better on that. Though I read it ran worse on the PS4 Pro than the base PS4 lol. Guess the port is just poo poo.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Archonex posted:

Also, also, I just discovered that a constellation'd Barbara turns Mona from a dumpster truck of gently caress you into an engine of destruction capable of one shotting entire groups of enemies even at AR 30

Thank you for the excellent advice. My current team for damage is Beidou/Mona/Barbara/Fischl and I'm having a blast. Mona and Beidou are the two characters I've been keeping current, stacked with elemental mastery and attack respectively. At AR28 I hit the achievement to crit for over 20k, and I'm still not sure how.

Generally strategy is to drop the bird and water trap first, start swinging with Beidou until they're lightninged, then spam or charge normal attacks as Mona for the reactions. Beidou and Mona have similar damage output and I'll swap for the counter or to drop another bird or trap.

Barbara is pretty much only for heals so far. I never got a single Thrilling Tales book, that would be a huge boost.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Barbara is just amazing. You put nothing into her and she does so much. Floor 7 of abyss will really make you fall in love with her.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Speaking of Mona by the way the taunt on her E is extremely useful for getting your sidekicks to work together for lazy rear end strats. I'm getting rather overgeared for WL3 it seems.

e:

Heran Bago posted:

Thank you for the excellent advice. My current team for damage is Beidou/Mona/Barbara/Fischl and I'm having a blast. Mona and Beidou are the two characters I've been keeping current, stacked with elemental mastery and attack respectively. At AR28 I hit the achievement to crit for over 20k, and I'm still not sure how.

Don't build elemental mastery on characters that aren't electro at the moment. The electro reactions are the ones worth buffing since they do the most damage (particularly electro/pyro and electro/hydro; electro/cryo doesn't do a lot of damage but reduces physical resistance) but it's currently bugged so EM doesn't do anything to their damage if it's not on the electro user.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 20, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

aint got no klee banner yet dangit game

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

When is 18:00 server time? Like in NA that will be EST and in Europe that will be GMT?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm going to roll for my friend Klee

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Having read a bunch of tier lists they're all wrong. The two best characters in the game are Xiangling and Fischl and putting anyone above them is just 5* cope.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, the only measurable quality that matters is how fast you can kill stuff, and a lot of the 5-stars aren't as good as some 4-stars at doing that. In a vacuum QiQi and Jean absolutely aren't better than Fish or Xiang. I still think Venti is probably the best character in the game just because his Ult is a huge crutch in Abyss and it is pretty easy to generate enough energy to cast it on cooldown.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

TheFluff posted:

Don't build elemental mastery on characters that aren't electro at the moment. The electro reactions are the ones worth buffing since they do the most damage (particularly electro/pyro and electro/hydro; electro/cryo doesn't do a lot of damage but reduces physical resistance) but it's currently bugged so EM doesn't do anything to their damage if it's not on the electro user.

Wow first I've heard. What if I'm using the water attacks to trigger an electric reaction?

I'll try swapping Beidou's attack artifacts for Mona's EM ones and see what happens.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

:bisonyes:

Holy poo poo that ruled. I also don’t get the hate on Klee? I finally did that quest last night where you get to play as her and she was fun as poo poo and adorable. I know people have their playstyle and personality preferences but I see a lot of bashing on this banner and recommending to skip it but is her kit really that bad?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If I get lucky rolling a 5-star I want someone who does something crazy like Venti or Diluc. Klee feels too fiddly.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Holy poo poo that ruled. I also don’t get the hate on Klee? I finally did that quest last night where you get to play as her and she was fun as poo poo and adorable. I know people have their playstyle and personality preferences but I see a lot of bashing on this banner and recommending to skip it but is her kit really that bad?

Power gamers that infect threads after a few weeks

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Whoreson Welles posted:

it doesn't seem to be that bad here tbh, but i assume dislike of sucrose and noelle only amplify any issues people may have with klee in terms of the overall banner "value"

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Whoreson Welles posted:

I've heard her kit is actually pretty good as a main dps type character as long as you like the playstyle

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sucrose/Xingqiu are guaranteed value because of the crafting passives. We'll never get a banner as good as the last one, which literally had the three best characters in the game.

Klee's power level is entirely a question of her %s and I can't find that anywhere. I imagine she's quite strong, but her playstyle isnt what I enjoy about the game.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

dogsicle posted:

it doesn't seem to be that bad here tbh, but i assume dislike of sucrose and noelle only amplify any issues people may have with klee in terms of the overall banner "value"

Maybe that’s what I was overlooking was the rest of the banner.

Oh well, still probably going to throw a few pulls in anyway.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

No Wave posted:

Sucrose/Xingqiu are guaranteed value because of the crafting passives. We'll never get a banner as good as the last one.

hmmm ok alright you convinced me to actually try for this banner, was thinking about skipping it

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

No Wave posted:

Sucrose/Xingqiu are guaranteed value because of the crafting passives. We'll never get a banner as good as the last one, which literally had the three best characters in the game.

Klee's power level is entirely a question of her %s and I can't find that anywhere. I imagine she's quite strong, but her playstyle isnt what I enjoy about the game.

https://genshin.gg/characters/Klee

I don't find her playstyle very compelling and feel uncomfortable every time she stops sprinting.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I'd like to pull for Xingqiu but I'm very close to my pity 5 star and I don't want to use that on Klee so probably skipping.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Xingqiu's book passive rocks but his ability is like ~10 seconds off the cooldown from being fun to play imo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Klee seemed pretty fun to play as but I don't particularly want the 4* units on the banner so I'm not pulling

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Klee’s constellations look good but that would require pulling multiples of a 5*

fadam posted:

Xingqiu's book passive rocks but his ability is like ~10 seconds off the cooldown from being fun to play imo.

That’s why I benched him shortly after pulling him.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sucrose is only a 10% chance to create dupe mats and it does that roll on each individual item in a stack. so mass crafting means you're more likely to see it proc but you're only getting a couple bonus mats per big stack. dunno how to really value that sort of thing but it doesn't feel like it happens enough that people should get hyped about chasing it. i haven't done a lot of book crafting with xinq to really feel it but 25% refund is much better to me on paper.

otoh sucrose has been a great aoe/cc option for me with some investment and i generally prefer her to venti since she can easily swirl with her normals and her ascension passives buff team EM. so there's definitely value to her outside of the crafting passive.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I didnt know that after her first ascension she gets 0 stamina charged attacks after a few AAs. Her huge stamina cost on charged attacks was what put me off her to start with.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I think it's also important to note for people looking at Sucrose that her passive only works on mats that are used for both characters and weapons, i.e. standard enemy drops; you can't use it on things that you need to spend resin for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

No Wave posted:

Razor and Chongyun are also DPS greatsword users (and are good). What sets Diluc a bit apart is his E having 3 charges making shield breaking a breeze, how powerful his Q is (especially with Venti), and his better stats in general. He doesn't do anything irreplaceable, he just is the best choice for the most important role in the team. I wouldn't go through reroll hell for him and I'd be more interested in getting a Mona or Qiqi in general.

Diluc is great not just because of everything you listed, but because he's something of a mold breaker in that for being a greatsword user his attacks are still surprisingly fast with his basic combo not being that much slower than many sword users (for a wild trip compare his attack animations to Kaeyas) which means not only is he a power house, but he's a fast power house with the added bonus of getting the added damage to shields (physical ones at least, I'm not sure about elemental ones), objects and ore that greatswords get and swords don't. Plus he's fire elemental and there are a lot of really good backup that come in electro that simply give him more damage by shocking the enemy first and letting you explode them weaving between you combos and special.

No Wave posted:

Having read a bunch of tier lists they're all wrong. The two best characters in the game are Xiangling and Fischl and putting anyone above them is just 5* cope.

I really need to figure out how to use Fischl better because she seems really interesting but something about her skills just isn't clicking in my brain. Do I just throw the bird down and shoot charged shots at things?