Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Danish submarine killer Madsen caught in prison escape https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54612455

This guy was an object of fascination on SA because we had a goon who actually worked with him on some of his projects. I have this (probably completely wrong) idea that Danish prisons might be easy to escape from, can anyone confirm/deny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Why do you think that, OP?

Anyway gently caress this Peter Madsen guy I hope he has nightmares of submarines for the rest of his life

e: they have their own Älcäträz, on an island, unfortunately that island is Zealand

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Oct 20, 2020

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Anyway gently caress this Peter Madsen guy I hope he has nightmares of submarines for the rest of his life

He loved submarines, OP.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Crespolini posted:

He loved submarines, OP.

How do you know? Are you him?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I await the first space rocket murderer with anticipation. And no those shuttle qc guys don't count, it's gotta be a real one, in space!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

I await the first space rocket murderer with anticipation. And no those shuttle qc guys don't count, it's gotta be a real one, in space!

I'm testing out my homemade space shuttle next Friday if you'd be interested in reporting on that

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Phlegmish posted:

I'm testing out my homemade space shuttle next Friday if you'd be interested in reporting on that

Sounds too low earth orbit, chump. I'll have to write my own fake space murder about cosmonaut Vassili Kozlowski and his ill fated romance leading to quadruple murder... In space!!!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

Sounds too low earth orbit, chump.

That's it now I'm going to kill you even if you don't enter my one-way space shuttle

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Phlegmish posted:

Why do you think that, OP?

The o.g submarine murderer thread mentioned that chilling out and playing Playstation are the two main activities in Danish prisons, and that prisoners don’t serve anything close to a whole life tariff even for barbecuing cub scouts; basically as far from a supermax as you can imagine.

This is not intended to glorify or denigrate any particular method of incarceration, but rather to ascertain whether it’s easier in practical terms to escape from a standard Danish prison rather than say the SHU at Pelican Bay.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Sounds like that prison has some really substandard security!

In all seriousness though, gently caress that guy. I still think that about the Kim Wall thing every once in a while, still gives me chills. I hope he rots and never sees the light of day again.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Torquemada posted:

The o.g submarine murderer thread mentioned that chilling out and playing Playstation are the two main activities in Danish prisons, and that prisoners don’t serve anything close to a whole life tariff even for barbecuing cub scouts; basically as far from a supermax as you can imagine.

If you'd read the rest of that thread you'd realize that you're confusing Denmark with Norway, Denmark is pretty right-wing, although not as much as the US

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

:agreed:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

IRC it was never conclusively proven that he did it. There were theories that a hatch dropped on her head and she fell apart into separate body parts from the impact

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Mad Mike Hughes checks some of these boxes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

GABA ghoul posted:

IRC it was never conclusively proven that he did it. There were theories that a hatch dropped on her head and she fell apart into separate body parts from the impact

Many such cases, happened to several unfortunate women just as I was giving them a tour of my basement

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Here are some pictures of his apprehension. The police are not taking any chances that he might dismember them in a submarine. Also, he claimed to have a bomb.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

GABA ghoul posted:

Well, he admitted to it

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

GABA ghoul posted:

Well, he did recently confess to the murder in an interview, so that's something.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Well there was that space lesbian bank fraud thing, which is a much more tasteful crime. Completely free of murder and dismemberment of a lady too.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

i believe it was also fumes from inside the submarine as well

that caused limbs to fall off

(and didnt affect him at all lol)"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
when is a true crime podcast gonna come along and exonerate him

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
The prospect of actual life in prison might be starting to sink in on him.

He was presented with a credible way out today by way of cop-assisted suicide but in the end was too much of a coward to go through with it.

There was a rumor that on account of good behavior he had earned some limited privileges for tinkering and hobbies, which presumably explains the fake gun and brian wells type bomb props. They'll probably not even trust him with un-cooked spaghetti going forward.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You know how young reporters are, just falling apart and staining everything in blood.

I now feel disgusted with myself from making the joke.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Torquemada posted:

This guy was an object of fascination on SA because we had a goon who actually worked with him on some of his projects. I have this (probably completely wrong) idea that Danish prisons might be easy to escape from, can anyone confirm/deny?

They can't be too hard to escape from, considering this moron managed it. Among other things...

- He murdered and dissected a woman on his submarine, then dumped her body into the water in garbage bags, leaving behind plenty of blood and viscera.

- When confronted by another boat at his literal murder sub, he disappeared into the submarine for a moment, sabotaged it to sink and then tried to claim it was a completely random occurrence and he had nothing to do with the sub sinking.

- Initially tried to claim the woman had never even been on the submarine (despite numerous witnesses), then tried to claim the woman HAD been there but had left peacefully but he didn't remember where she'd been dropped off (despite the blood in the sub), then tried to claim the woman had an accident and died naturally despite her body being hacked to pieces and mutilated.

E: it wasn't the cops, it was just another boat that caught him sinking his sub.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 20, 2020

Woodstock
Sep 28, 2005

frumpykvetchbot posted:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

frumpykvetchbot posted:

He was presented with a credible way out today by way of cop-assisted suicide but in the end was too much of a coward to go through with it.

Suicide by cop is a lot harder outside of america. If they they know that he has no plausible way to get his hands on a gun, they are not gonna shoot him, no matter how often he draws his DIY fake gun. Some police will even only start shooting if they are shot at first. There are very little YOLO cop executions in Europe

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:agesilaus:How perverse:cop:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

frumpykvetchbot posted:

There was a rumor that on account of good behavior he had earned some limited privileges for tinkering and hobbies, which presumably explains the fake gun and brian wells type bomb props. They'll probably not even trust him with un-cooked spaghetti going forward.

Didn't he mail that mentally ill girl who was in love with him a metal rocketship?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I can't even get mentally ill women to fall in love with me

I haven't raped, murdered, OR dismembered anyone, come on

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Well you don't own a submarine, Have you scoured the Twitter Alt-Right? You just have to buy a red baseball cap.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

By popular demand posted:

Well you don't own a submarine, Have you scoured the Twitter Alt-Right? You just have to buy a red baseball cap.

The girl is actually involved with an insane far-right party now.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Colonel Cancer posted:

Well, he was working on this before he did the submarine murder. Maybe he was breaking out to launch a rocket to commit space murder but got caught.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

rip laika hero of our planet

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Phlegmish posted:

I can't even get mentally ill women to fall in love with me

I haven't raped, murdered, OR dismembered anyone, come on

Maybe you should start.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You laugh but Marc Dutroux, notorious Belgian Walloon child murderer, gets quite a few love letters as well

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Der Shovel posted:

- When confronted by the police in his literal murder sub, he disappeared into the submarine for a moment, sabotaged it to sink and then tried to claim it was a completely random occurrence and he had nothing to do with the sub sinking, while the cops were literally next to the submarine.

That wasn't really how it happened. It was a private leisure craft that sighted the submarine and pulled alongside. It was for the crew on that boat that Peter performed his "technical malfunction" scuttling circus and then jumped in the water himself before swimming over. The police were waiting on shore when they pulled in to the nearby harbor.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I never wanted the question 'what would happen if a spergy misogynistic goon went bad' answered.

Pity he was into subs and not rocketry as he'd probably have blown up long before the opportunity to have a reporter come on board presented itself.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

frumpykvetchbot posted:

That wasn't really how it happened. It was a private leisure craft that sighted the submarine and pulled alongside. It was for the crew on that boat that Peter performed his "technical malfunction" scuttling circus and then jumped in the water himself before swimming over. The police were waiting on shore when they pulled in to the nearby harbor.

I really appreciated your input in the previous thread, interesting and informative despite some people being assholes to you.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

How do you know? Are you him?

It's obvious that he did. Why would you even dispute it, unless...hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Huh, I stand corrected!