Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

Hank Green is a big influencer with teens (he and his brother, the young adult novelist John Green, have a popular YouTube educational series called Crash Course), so this opinion actually has some impact.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

AlbieQuirky posted:

Hank Green is a big influencer with teens (he and his brother, the young adult novelist John Green, have a popular YouTube educational series called Crash Course), so this opinion actually has some impact.

He also runs the SciShow YouTube channel which is pretty cool.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

EasilyConfused posted:

He also runs the SciShow YouTube channel which is pretty cool.

Like, maybe I'm missing something but why is someone with influence saying objectively correct things about sex work IOSM?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

My brother recently made a Twitter account and after I told him how to change his user name from whatever the default, FirstLxxxxxxxx bot-looking thing was he switched to something innocent ending with his birth year. I keep flipping back and forth on whether I should advise him of the connotation between 88 and the neo-Nazis or if I’m just terminally online and should let it be. He uses his new platform to pick fights with Trump supporters, there’s no doubt that he’s in the “punch Nazis now” camp.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

I can’t decide between “I agree that we shouldn’t ruin a dude for a fairly harmless fuckup, however gross” and “you’re not supposed to watch what’s happening and feel attacked, bro”

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Necrothatcher posted:

Like, maybe I'm missing something but why is someone with influence saying objectively correct things about sex work IOSM?

well, if my memory's correct, that'd be more or less the first good opinion anyone in the John Green circle has ever had.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1318561818068062214?s=20

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Nomnom Cookie posted:

I can’t decide between “I agree that we shouldn’t ruin a dude for a fairly harmless fuckup, however gross” and “you’re not supposed to watch what’s happening and feel attacked, bro”
Getting caught masturbating in a staff meeting isn't a fairly harmless fuckup. Like, none of your co-workers signed up to be part of your exhibitionism fetish.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

What the gently caress does Occam’s razor have to do with this at all? What assumptions are we supposed to be defeating? That he was doing it maliciously?

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Getting caught masturbating in a staff meeting isn't a fairly harmless fuckup. Like, none of your co-workers signed up to be part of your exhibitionism fetish.
I see you, I hear you, I have better things to do than argue ethics with some shithead (and you should too)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Henchman of Santa posted:

What the gently caress does Occam’s razor have to do with this at all? What assumptions are we supposed to be defeating? That he was doing it maliciously?

People don't understand Occam's razor.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

LawfulWaffle posted:

My brother recently made a Twitter account and after I told him how to change his user name from whatever the default, FirstLxxxxxxxx bot-looking thing was he switched to something innocent ending with his birth year. I keep flipping back and forth on whether I should advise him of the connotation between 88 and the neo-Nazis or if I’m just terminally online and should let it be. He uses his new platform to pick fights with Trump supporters, there’s no doubt that he’s in the “punch Nazis now” camp.

Surely being too terminally online for Twitter would be next to impossible?

Also, broad generalisation here, but aren't most people on Twitter gonna see "88? Must be a Nazi troll" instead of, y'know, reading his posts and profile and developing a well-reasoned conclusion?

nexus6 has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Oct 20, 2020

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/nick_forbes/status/1318592962712961030

This is the head of the Labour Local Government Association

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

lol history walked their poo poo back

https://twitter.com/HISTORYUK/status/1318602183428968448

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lobster God posted:

https://twitter.com/nick_forbes/status/1318592962712961030

This is the head of the Labour Local Government Association

He’s right, though.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"We have to do EXTENSIVE research here."

"Okay how are you going to do that."

"I think I'm just going to ask him in a general sense what his tattoos are about and if any have special meaning."

"Yes that is certainly due diligence."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

He’s right, though.

20:20:20 in 2020 will actually have happened 366 times in each time zone before the year is through.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

He’s right, though.

No, no he is not.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

He’s right, though.

A stopped clock in "military time" is only right once a day.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Dewgy posted:

No, no he is not.

Baron von Eevl posted:

20:20:20 in 2020 will actually have happened 366 times in each time zone before the year is through.

Oh, lol. I thought the day was included. Carry on.

Edit: I’m not sure which month I thought was the 20th.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He’s right, though.

Nope. It will happen again in seven years in Ethiopia, where they use a different calendar.

All dates are arbitrary.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Oh, lol. I thought the day was included. Carry on.

Edit: I’m not sure which month I thought was the 20th.
Dodecahembruary

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/nick_forbes/status/1318624625388101632

Incredible speed with the puppet master defence.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Well, at least he got Occam's razor trending so people can mock his ignorance, so that's something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It really is amazing that the only place the history channel couldn't find evidence of hitler was on darren's face.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Well, at least he got Occam's razor trending so people can mock his ignorance, so that's something.

Better than it trending re. that news-masturbator man.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

It really is amazing that the only place the history channel couldn't find evidence of hitler was on darren's face.

:drat:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Baron von Eevl posted:

12 810 times, to be exact.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/grabmybuttsticc/status/1318639437589270528?s=19
https://twitter.com/redlianak/status/1318610419372752901?s=19

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just jerkin it at work to relieve my A N X I E T Y

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does masturbating incompletely make anybody less anxious?

Also, who can possibly enjoy masturbating at work?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

https://twitter.com/redlianak/status/1318615368093622273?s=21

“Oh so I bet you think LBJ was gross too, huh?”

I mean yeah

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

christmas boots posted:

https://twitter.com/redlianak/status/1318615368093622273?s=21

I mean yeah

a mere 57 years ago

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The New Yorker’s Jeffrey Toobin, perhaps best known for writing The People vs. O.J. Simpson. He was playing the part of the Supreme Court in an election simulation.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just another dude who took his roleplaying too seriously.
Specifically, sounds like a pretty good Clarence Thomas impression.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

christmas boots posted:

I mean yeah

Oddly I can actually confirm the grossness of LBJ. My dad was on his detail as a Secret Service agent back in the day, and has said Johnson was one of the crudest dudes ever. Liked to loudly fart in elevators, no matter who else was on it.

So yes. Gross.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

HaB posted:

Oddly I can actually confirm the grossness of LBJ. My dad was on his detail as a Secret Service agent back in the day, and has said Johnson was one of the crudest dudes ever. Liked to loudly fart in elevators, no matter who else was on it.

So yes. Gross.

Have you ever done an A/T about cool Secret Service stories your dad told you?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently that person is a YouTube gamergater who referred to straight white cis gamers as "indigenous" and marginalized gamers as "colonizers"

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Apparently that person is a YouTube gamergater who referred to straight white cis gamers as "indigenous" and marginalized gamers as "colonizers"

You don't have to scroll back more than 48 hours to find great takes...

https://twitter.com/redlianak/status/1318281710203772928

https://twitter.com/redlianak/status/1317442933302374400

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

LawfulWaffle posted:

I joined Twitter in the halcyon days of 2007, and I'm pretty sure my account is my name with an 88 after it. I posted like 3 times and gave up on it because no one was there in 2007 so the whole thing seemed dumb. Kind of glad I didn't build up a 13 year posting history with a Nazi symbol, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Picnic Princess posted:

Each and every one of you already has a perfectly good skull. Don't get greedy.