Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:sickos:

For the new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Poor Garou. On the one hand, he did do some assaults. On the other hand, gently caress the police, it's clear this world's carceral system is hosed up and so are its enforcers.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm just glad to see him again, since the redraw has him taking a nap under a pile of rubble.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love Garou.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mr. Lobe posted:

Poor Garou. On the one hand, he did do some assaults. On the other hand, gently caress the police, it's clear this world's carceral system is hosed up and so are its enforcers.

He got beat up by Saitama and took the lesson of "maybe poo poo's more complicated than I thought" to heart

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The art in this chapter was so good.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Garou looks like the Claw Leader in Mob Psycho this chapter.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
i love garou and i love that he's back and still a beast

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I find it amusing I'm seeing Garou more now than in the manga Garou arc.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Give Garou back his hair

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I love that Garou just immediately keeps standing back up after every assault.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I love that Garou just immediately keeps standing back up after every assault.

He's probably falling over so Suiryu doesn't feel too bad about how ineffective he is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GodFish posted:

Give Garou back his hair

He still has it, it's just hat hair right now.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

PringleCreamEgg posted:

The art in this chapter was so good.

It really was. ONE has become a loving awesome artist. :aaa:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Great art. Feels like Suiryu hasn't changed at all compared to Garou assuming it's the same Suiryu from Murata's version.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
suiryu was introduced during murata's tournament arc and then one added him to his version. there have been a few characters like that, such as lily.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Garou is just 100% doing the Saitama "ok" during the whole fight.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I wonder if the wolf mask incident happened in this timeline. Because this was the exact fight redraw Suiryu wanted.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
If Suiryu here is the same as the Murata version, then I feel that there's a reasonable amount of development here. Not only did he become a hero, an occupation he used to dismiss, he shows some concern for his squad, Garou's boss and Garou himself when he thought he might have killed him. He may not have fully learned from his near-death experience, but I feel like the old Suiryu wouldn't have cared who got hurt and would've owed it up to "survival of the fittest."

It's actually interesting to contrast him and Garou this chapter. Both characters had their ideologies challenged by Saitama and changed their paths as a result. The main question both seem to be asking is "what does it mean to be a hero"

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I think garau is mostly asking where he will find a new job

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking at Garou's face of "I'm too old for this poo poo" while someone else wants to drag him into his power fantasies is so relatable and really is what I liked so much about this manga in the first place.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I think garau is mostly asking where he will find a new job

I’m crossing my fingers that this is the start of us intermittently popping back in to Garou’s Job Hunt Odyssey.

and when it gets expanded on in the Muruta version we’ll all forgive the excessive redraws up to that point

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

theGrooseofLegend posted:

If Suiryu here is the same as the Murata version, then I feel that there's a reasonable amount of development here. Not only did he become a hero, an occupation he used to dismiss, he shows some concern for his squad, Garou's boss and Garou himself when he thought he might have killed him. He may not have fully learned from his near-death experience, but I feel like the old Suiryu wouldn't have cared who got hurt and would've owed it up to "survival of the fittest."

It's actually interesting to contrast him and Garou this chapter. Both characters had their ideologies challenged by Saitama and changed their paths as a result. The main question both seem to be asking is "what does it mean to be a hero"

Yeah but he had to go and ruin a perfectly good moving truck for no reason!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Truck-kun is a menace and should be destroyed, though.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Garou loving rules

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Elentor posted:

Looking at Garou's face of "I'm too old for this poo poo" while someone else wants to drag him into his power fantasies is so relatable and really is what I liked so much about this manga in the first place.

I loved that. What, is Garou going to tell this punk that it's wrong to beat people up for being strong and annoying? It's his past, here to murder him and make him a cyborg.

God preserve us all from confronting our youth.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Interesting that this fight is a mirror of the garou Saitama fight, where it's from the POV of the weaker aggressor

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Quoting from the other thread:

TheLoneStar posted:

Monsters are partly a state of mind, I think. Whenever a person becomes a monster, without fail, they become extremely sociopathic and just revel in destruction and killing people for no reason. I guess as long as you aren't like that, you're still considered human.

No one tell him. Don't do it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lmao

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speaking of which the end of the latest redraw chapter is kinda funny considering what happens after the Garou arc.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Electric Phantasm posted:

Speaking of which the end of the latest redraw chapter is kinda funny considering what happens after the Garou arc.

It really is two entirely different stories :lol:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

There's absolutely 0 tension lmao

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

There's absolutely 0 tension lmao

I really wonder why ONE decided to remove escalation of things where most of the S-class were defeated and barely making it to the surface for this current setup.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Glad to see discussion in this thread restart, because with the last Murata manga chapter I have more thoughts for this thread.

For those following the manga, I'm very curious to know what others think of Garou revealing his motivation so early? Do you think it was a good choice? Does this mean the there is still an ultimate reveal that will be just as satisfying as the web comic version?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i don't like it personally. i thought everything about saitama vs garou was more or less perfect and I feel like Garou spilling his heart out to Saitama directly only to have his delusion shattered is way better than building that motivation as early as the redraw just did.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

mabels big day posted:

i don't like it personally. i thought everything about saitama vs garou was more or less perfect and I feel like Garou spilling his heart out to Saitama directly only to have his delusion shattered is way better than building that motivation as early as the redraw just did.

Yeah, the arc will probably turn out fine still, but Saitama vs Garou was just so perfect how it was and I can't see how him having that monologue now isn't going to weaken it when he shouts it to Saitama.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You guys are really taking Garou's brain damaged concussion thoughts seriously here.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why cant people just have the correct opinions on media

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just want to see the final Garou fight and Homeless Emperor's vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

King's bluff against Golden Sperm is pretty neat too.