Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ouhei posted:

I usually just keep a stack of Monomates with me since they're so cheap.

Holy poo poo finally a use for all my Monomates, thank you! :doh:

e.

Thanks little guy :respek:

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Wait, Arkuma slots can have NOT all three cards be the same?!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

latinotwink1997 posted:

Yep! It's uh, not common, but it can happen.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

latinotwink1997 posted:

It's pretty rare but it happens yeah

nice when it blocks falz, sucks when it blocks my +500 bonus :argh:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ouhei posted:

I usually just keep a stack of Monomates with me since they're so cheap.

I keep a stack of Monomates because I drink them, but they're also the first things fed to the mag since they're cheap.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I came here to say that the Enchanted Forest is the best thing I have played in this game so far, it’s so much fun.

I think I’m gonna spend some time as a Techter main (currently my subclass) so I can get it to 75 and unlock the heighest difficulty stuff though, I’m not too far off, 68 I think?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ouhei posted:

I came here to say that the Enchanted Forest is the best thing I have played in this game so far, it’s so much fun.

I think I’m gonna spend some time as a Techter main (currently my subclass) so I can get it to 75 and unlock the heighest difficulty stuff though, I’m not too far off, 68 I think?

You’ll soon reach the point where you have to to keep gaining Te EXP. but yeah 68->75 shouldn’t take too long. If you get both it high enough you could even consider switching to Te main full-time (if you want to then level Hunter, Fighter, Summoner, or Phantom when it releases).

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh hell yeah first 13*+ drop

Alright then.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So the Gemini Dark Blast voice clips seem to still be in Japanese.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

Working as intended.

Working on getting Techter to 75, set my secondary to Fighter as I read that was a good sub that would use a tech mag, which I have. I’m about an hour I got to 70 and like 30 on fighter. Seems like a good way to jump a class is to set as your sub and go grind out some higher level content.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Nemo2342 posted:

Pretty sure the Red Dragon was randomly screaming in Japanese until the latest patch.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Is there a good boss (or really anything) to fight to help unlock Luther's Diffusion Ray? It seems really hard to find things that you can both dodge and hit with the little lasers.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

For mag food I use the 300 meseta furniture from the furniture vendor. It's a bit more expensive than monomates, but they stack to 99 so its a lot more convenient.

perc2
May 16, 2020

Question: If I give this a go, will I be able to enjoy content along the way like how FFXIV has global dungeon queues and whatnot or is it just a race to max level?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

perc2 posted:

Question: If I give this a go, will I be able to enjoy content along the way like how FFXIV has global dungeon queues and whatnot or is it just a race to max level?

There’s no queue system, but you can join any party in progress that isn’t full, since there’s no traditional roles and quests are generally shorter it works out. It’s very much a race to high/max level game as well. It’s a bit daunting as it doesn’t guide you nearly as much as FFXIV does, but it’s good fun and it’s free so you may as well give it a whirl.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

perc2 posted:

my experience so far has been pretty good content wise, as I've been working towards max level casually there's content and big boss fights / events scaled to my level, I've been able to participate in pretty much everything so far and I only yesterday hit lv. 80 (the cap until recently)

Question: Do the level 80-only UQ events that trigger after the normal versions of the events differ in any meaningful way? Or is the fight just scaled up for higher level players? I haven't done one yet.

Also the spooky forest is cool but I got my poo poo wrecked by Omega Falz spawning in and me being on my lv.75 Hunter instead of my boss killing 80 Braver that I am waaay more used to playing. So many close calls during that fight. It didn't help that the other party who came along didn't do poo poo to help, I have no idea what they were doing besides watching me get my rear end kicked. :argh:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

my experience so far has been pretty good content wise, as I've been working towards max level casually there's content and big boss fights / events scaled to my level, I've been able to participate in pretty much everything so far and I only yesterday hit lv. 80 (the cap until recently)

Question: Do the level 80-only UQ events that trigger after the normal versions of the events differ in any meaningful way? Or is the fight just scaled up for higher level players? I haven't done one yet.

Also the spooky forest is cool but I got my poo poo wrecked by Omega Falz spawning in and me being on my lv.75 Hunter instead of my boss killing 80 Braver that I am waaay more used to playing. So many close calls during that fight. It didn't help that the other party who came along didn't do poo poo to help, I have no idea what they were doing besides watching me get my rear end kicked. :argh:

The rematches as most people call them are generally 4 man only, and the one for Deus Esca has a 5 death limit. Once that limit is hit the quest fails and everyone in it is booted out. Dragon's used to have a 3 death limit, but they removed that a while ago.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Nemo2342 posted:

Is there a good boss (or really anything) to fight to help unlock Luther's Diffusion Ray? It seems really hard to find things that you can both dodge and hit with the little lasers.

I have leveled almost everything in the Trick or Treat event. There are lots of enemies in the second half where you fight Luther/Hunar and during the final boss where you can just smash dodge and attack.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

perc2 posted:

Stuff is divided by level so if you hear an announcement about fighting a giant boat you can just pick your level range and do it. There is some content that is locked by certain levels but you can get the bulk of the experience.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Levantine posted:

I have leveled almost everything in the Trick or Treat event. There are lots of enemies in the second half where you fight Luther/Hunar and during the final boss where you can just smash dodge and attack.

That’s what I have been doing, but it felt kind of random if I got any dodge progress or not. So I figured there might be a boss in an expedition or arks quest that was better to farm.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

perc2 posted:

The story content is mostly a single player affair; you do it at your own pace and it can optionally scale (somewhat) to your level.

The day to day stuff is more like Diablo 3 than FFXIV/WoW-style MMOs. You pick an area you want to run through (generally the one that you can get the daily quests for), select a difficulty based on your level, and then fight your way through to the boss. You can group with other people if you want, or drag along some AI companions if you just want a little extra damage on small fry, but they don't really require any kind of coordination.

Urgent Quests happen every couple hours, and tend to either be seasonal "kill a bunch of enemies" romps or giant boss fights. Everything except for the hard "refight" followup quests have multiple difficulty levels, so everyone can participate when one pops up.

Really, the main thing max level unlocks are difficulty levels that drop better gear.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

That’s what I have been doing, but it felt kind of random if I got any dodge progress or not. So I figured there might be a boss in an expedition or arks quest that was better to farm.

I just did it with the Rockbear in the damage calculation practice quest. Just set it to free mode.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Specto posted:

I just did it with the Rockbear in the damage calculation practice quest. Just set it to free mode.

You are a genius; I didn't even think of that. It was too late for me to use it on Luther, but it only took me a couple runs to get all the hits needed to unlock Apprentice's skills.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Is there a reason why the swap shop and item dismantling can only look at my inventory, and not my storage? I really wish both of those could be like selling items / putting items on the market, where I could just work out of inventory or storage.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Code Jockey posted:

Is there a reason why the swap shop and item dismantling can only look at my inventory, and not my storage? I really wish both of those could be like selling items / putting items on the market, where I could just work out of inventory or storage.

For the same reason that you can't sell things to vendors directly from your storage. Several of these systems simply do not work together.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Gearhead posted:

For the same reason that you can't sell things to vendors directly from your storage. Several of these systems simply do not work together.

You can do that tho

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Saagonsa posted:

You can do that tho

Swap Shop and regular vendors, have an option to open storage within their UI, transfer to things to your inventory, then sell to the vendor.

The crafting system, which is a failed experiment at the best of times, does not have this feature.

Unless this menu salad that I've been struggling with has a menu that I have somehow completely overlooked.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Gearhead posted:

Swap Shop and regular vendors, have an option to open storage within their UI, transfer to things to your inventory, then sell to the vendor.

The crafting system, which is a failed experiment at the best of times, does not have this feature.

Unless this menu salad that I've been struggling with has a menu that I have somehow completely overlooked.

Highlighted option

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Saagonsa posted:

Highlighted option

:monocle: Well poo poo. I stand corrected. :monocle:

EDIT: Muscle memory is a bastard.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
Hey, I've finally reached the point where I'm trying to put together a decent weapon. As a Force/Techter I'm looking into snagging the Atlas Zems and Lumiere Saxion from Zig. It's my understanding that I'll be able to combine these in the future to make an Altas Zems Ex (or whatever they land up calling it).

I'm wondering what happens to the affixes when I combine the three pieces for the Lumiere Saxion. Do I get to choose their augment factors / S-Grade augments for the final weapon during the exchange or does just one weapon count as the base and that's what transfers. Since if that's the case, I'd rather hold on affixing until I've reached the final weapon. Just trying to figure out the best way to put together affixes and the like for the future since that would also effect Atlas Zems Ex later on.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
When you do the combine, you get to pick the main weapon which is the weapon that lumiere inherits its affixes from.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
Downloading this was a terrible mistake. I have no idea what I'm doing.

But hey, pretty colors!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

NovaLion posted:

Downloading this was a terrible mistake. I have no idea what I'm doing.

But hey, pretty colors!

250 hours in and I share this sentiment still lol

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

250 hours in and I share this sentiment still lol

This game definitely has way more going on than you actually need to know/care about for a long time. Symptom of jumping into a game that's been out for 8 years and is playing rapid catch up with it's JP counterpart. While I feel like I've got my head around the basics enough to not feel like I'm drowning the stuff I haven't quite wrapped my head around (mainly endgame weapon construction) is so loving daunting I'm not sure how much I'll bother.

I'm hoping we get NGS early 2021, this game could really use a reset in a lot of areas.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Ouhei posted:

I'm hoping we get NGS early 2021, this game could really use a reset in a lot of areas.

Unlikely.

Summer 2021 at the soonest is more likely.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ouhei posted:

This game definitely has way more going on than you actually need to know/care about for a long time. Symptom of jumping into a game that's been out for 8 years and is playing rapid catch up with it's JP counterpart. While I feel like I've got my head around the basics enough to not feel like I'm drowning the stuff I haven't quite wrapped my head around (mainly endgame weapon construction) is so loving daunting I'm not sure how much I'll bother.

Yeah stuff like affixing I didn't touch until I got near lv.80 on my main, or looking for better units / sets of units. I was able to coast by on a Hiei set I found early, and weapon wise I'd just occasionally find and grind a better bow (better in terms of "more positive stat numbers than negative") and run with that for a while. Eventually I started hitting a wall in terms of what I could solo, and started looking into what units I should be running and better weapons.

Affixing, to quote Arkumami, is the pinnacle of sorrow. Anything less than 100% is 50%, as people have said. :arghfist:

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
No kidding, it felt like xcom when I failed an affix that had something like 95% chance of success.

Unrelated, but do I just ask whoever on the dischord for joining the alliance? The one I started with a friend is just me now after he dropped out of the game.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

subujun posted:

No kidding, it felt like xcom when I failed an affix that had something like 95% chance of success.

Unrelated, but do I just ask whoever on the dischord for joining the alliance? The one I started with a friend is just me now after he dropped out of the game.

If you're already in the discord, just @ me (same name as here) your player ID (not character name) and I can put you in. Just make sure it isn't the big long string of PNwhatever.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Speaking of Alliances...

:siren::siren::siren:Attention: All Vacant Nol Members

Aces and I are in the process of merging alliances, however we ain't gonna bother with the in-game means cause uhh, gently caress it. So here's what gonna happen:

-I'm gonna spend the remaining ap on Tri-boosters this weekend. Be sure to check the alliance counter to claim them, you'll receive an email about it when I make the purchase.

-In the meantime, I need you to get in touch with me (Maddie (Combat Bubster) on the discord server) (Either through discord DMs or PMs here) to let me get a headcount of how many of us on red team are moving over and so I can just pass the list to Aces so it'll be easier to send invites.

When you send your DM/PM, I want your Playeridname and/or character name.

You have until this Sunday @ 11:59pm CDT to get this done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

why