Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nah!!
Jan 5, 2009

I want to see plants. I’m new to keeping them and love to see them thrive. Show me your favorites. Tell me your hopes and worries for your plants and also tips for newbies.

I’ll add pictures of my own later when i have better light. I have a couple I feel kinda proud of and a couple I feel a little worried about.

Pet photo bombs are welcome, though I have none to contribute.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pony fucker spotted.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

they are gonna kick your rear end

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sekenr posted:

they are gonna kick your rear end

They're definitely gonna do something to your rear end.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
here are my plants op :)

my tip is to be careful about how much and how frequently you water plants. it might sound silly to say so, but plants can actually drown if their roots are too wet for too long. i learned that the hard way.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
CIA PLANTS!?!!?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

I planted eight pumpkin plants this year.

They are finally paying dividends. This is a ghost pumpkin.

Plants are fun! And sometimes you can eat them.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Behold the Eucalyptus deglupta, or Rainbow Eucalyptus

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

I saw these guys when I took DMT

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

20 Blunts posted:

CIA PLANTS!?!!?

plants??

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Those are Globe Thistles. They do fine in most soils and are very hardy. They also look like something out of Dr. Seuss and are generally, very good looking lovely and likeable plants.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
One of my favorite house plants I have is Heurnia, aka Lifesaver plant, aka brown butthole plant. This thing lives in my bedroom window and absolutely loves his life, blooms 2-3 times per year!

*Pic is not mine, mine just finished his fall blooms

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

I used to have a bunch of plants but they just wouldn't leaf me alone so I got rid of them.

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

I Shot The Serif posted:

Behold the Eucalyptus deglupta, or Rainbow Eucalyptus

So... this tree already has cool looking colorful bark. I don't know why these images had to be modified to show absurd candy colors.

Here is a sensible photo off of wikipedia.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nah!! posted:

I’ll add pictures of my own later when i have better light. I have a couple I feel kinda proud of and a couple I feel a little worried about.

Let's see em

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Those photoshopped eucalyptus trees look like something painted by Concetta Antico - an art teacher who has tetrachromatic vision. She sees the world in a different way than we do. It's hard to comprehend - imagine if you only seen the world in black and white and suddenly discovered colour one day.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Here are more plants OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord