Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

i mean sending a message could also just be tied to rolecop to confirm a role or any other thing

Yes, but it confirms PMush sent something to you (I didn't get a message).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

i did but it said it was broadcast over intercom so i assumed everyone got that.

I didn't

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it also doesn't answer how you claimed to have visited me despite sandwolf saying nobody visited me

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Here's how it'll work. Now, we vote Cena together, he flips scum. Hooray, we hit scum! Tonight, I'll detect someone, send them a whole message. Something hard to guess. Tomorrow, I'll say the first half, and the person I detected can say the second half. Then we hit scum and you know I'm telling the truth!

Come on, SW, don't give up on this! We've got JC dead to rights.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zzyzx posted:

Yes, but it confirms PMush sent something to you (I didn't get a message).

how nice of you to join us scumessenger

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

Here's how it'll work. Now, we vote Cena together, he flips scum. Hooray, we hit scum! Tonight, I'll detect someone, send them a whole message. Something hard to guess. Tomorrow, I'll say the first half, and the person I detected can say the second half. Then we hit scum and you know I'm telling the truth!

please explain to me how this makes Cena scum.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

unless

this is really stupid

what pmush saw was sandwolf watching me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

unless

this is really stupid

why would she not have said that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

i mean i'll just flip vanilla and it will have wasted everyone's time

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

Wow, I am just a loving ALL STAR today.

##unvote

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

i mean if i had the role she claimed to have had and we had the conflict we have had today in regards to roles and visits the scenario i just posted would have been my first thought

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

but shes been trying to shade me since after db got lunched lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

My results are very simple. I can't quote it exactly because duh, but it was a simple message that confirmed that the door to Cena's room opened. Security has cameras. Cameras don't open doors.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Doorlog!

Security cameras!

Not mutually exclusive!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the only part of this that is stopping me from unvoting is sandwolf's insistence he didn't see *anybody* visit me which is still in major conflict with pmush's claim

and of the two i still lean towards sandwolf for being town for various reasons, the biggest one granted being a meta reason but sng was killed and i dont see sand ever killing him, as scum he would rather just try to coax and convince him and use his vote

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

PMush Perfect posted:

My results are very simple. I can't quote it exactly because duh, but it was a simple message that confirmed that the door to Cena's room opened. Security has cameras. Cameras don't open doors.

SW said he was a bog standard watcher though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sandwolf, riddle me this: If I'm scum, why would I send a random townie a message? Unless you think JC and I are scum in cahoots?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

the only part of this that is stopping me from unvoting is sandwolf's insistence he didn't see *anybody* visit me which is still in major conflict with pmush's claim

and of the two i still lean towards sandwolf for being town for various reasons, the biggest one granted being a meta reason but sng was killed and i dont see sand ever killing him, as scum he would rather just try to coax and convince him and use his vote

Have rechecked my mod comms twice now, specifically my target had no visitors, and my target was John Cena.

In a game with: cop, doc, watcher...

PMush is a motion detecting messenger with ninja capabilities

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

Sandwolf, riddle me this: If I'm scum, why would I send a random townie a message? Unless you think JC and I are scum in cahoots?

honestly I think your scumbuddy has this power and you're just taking it from them in order to appear more...I dunno? harmless?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

what

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

PMush, riddle ME this: if you're town, why would you send a random player a message? why not put, I dunno, anything of significance in the message?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

PMush is a motion detecting messenger with ninja capabilities

The loving OP posted:

-I like to use new/weird roles, so if you don't like that you probably won't like this game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

PMush, riddle ME this: if you're town, why would you send a random player a message? why not put, I dunno, anything of significance in the message?
What should I do, send "PMUSH IS TOWN", then get murdered the next day because I detected scum and they realize I have a PR?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

JOHN CENA posted:

Since you've confirmed PMush's claim, wouldn't that mean Sandwolf is lying? Or is there some reason PMush's night action wouldn't trigger positive on Sandwolf's?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, hold the phone.

I need to ask Opop is a Watcher would see me do my thing. I've just been assuming they wouldn't, because flavor, but if they would, then SW isn't being obtuse, he's scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JC, can you unvote for a few hours so I don't get turboed while I wait for Opop's answer to my question?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ceyton posted:

Since you've confirmed PMush's claim, wouldn't that mean Sandwolf is lying? Or is there some reason PMush's night action wouldn't trigger positive on Sandwolf's?

Cena has confirmed he received a message last night, I can confirm no one visited Cena last night, Cena mentioning it came over the loudspeaker, specifically, feels like it may explain the discrepancy, but I agree I'm confused by this.

The easiest solution though is to lunch the person claiming an insane role that she has revised multiple times

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

JC, can you unvote for a few hours so I don't get turboed while I wait for Opop's answer to my question?

you're at -2 and the one most likely to hammer without realizing so I wouldn't worry about it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so you say you visited sng, the doctor. after visiting sng lets see your posting

PMush Perfect posted:

Not digging the Ceyton dogpile. That definitely reads like a newbie town meltdown to me.

There's no single big sentence I can point to here and say "that! That's scummy", but there's something about talking around the point so much only to land on "I'm voting this because SW is voting this" that I really don't like.

##vote SNG

PMush Perfect posted:

I'd also vote DB. SNG's pinging me, and that weird post would make perfect sense as an attempt at justifying not voting a scum buddy,

PMush Perfect posted:

(in response to SNG airing his reads)
Am I having a stroke

PMush Perfect posted:

I roughly agree with the DB case, and I'd put a vote there, or on SNG.

I don't follow the logic on this post, SNG. Wouldn't a scum rush, by definition, include the hammer? Why am I given a pass for just being dumb if Ceyton, a newbie who posted not long before me, doesn't? If Ceyton and DB were both scum, then they... what? Rushed it to -1 and waited for some moron to bumble in and hammer for them?

oh you tried to get him lunched and when it was DB instead sng dies for Some Reason the night after you said to have visited him

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ceyton posted:

there isn't a chance this is mylo is it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also i leave for work in an hour so whatever we're doing we have that much time to figure out if im unvoting or not

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Ceyton posted:

The message exists unless Cena and PMush are scum together, which means PMush successfully targeted Cena with a night action. Sandwolf's hypothetical where a scumbuddy messenger actually sends it doesn't work, because he presumably would have seen that happen.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

JOHN CENA posted:

there isn't a chance this is mylo is it

Not unless there were 4 scum originally. We got one on N2 so I figure most likely 2 left

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ceyton posted:

Not unless there were 4 scum originally. We got one on N2 so I figure most likely 2 left

yeah thats what im thinking, im willing to leave my vote on then, if we lose because retro put 1/3rd of the game in as scum then im fine losing that game lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ugh, dammit, Opop, why can't you be on Discord 24/7 so you can answer my questions?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

biaga where are you, weigh in on this, don't vanish

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you too obama

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zzyzx posted:

The message exists unless Cena and PMush are scum together, which means PMush successfully targeted Cena with a night action. Sandwolf's hypothetical where a scumbuddy messenger actually sends it doesn't work, because he presumably would have seen that happen.

zzyzx constantly popping up to shade whoever is pushing PMush despite the fact that he is voting for PMush

zzyzx posted:

##vote PMush

zzyzx is likely the third scum member. Here trying to derail the PMush lunch but not enough to actually vote elsewhere lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ceyton posted:

come on man, add something, ANYTHING, to the actual conversation happening jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

zzyzx constantly popping up to shade whoever is pushing PMush despite the fact that he is voting for PMush

Fair to say that some stuff has happened in the meantime.

##unvote