Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I have 2 copies of Tabletop Simulator to give away for people too if they need them and may be monetarily constrained. I can probably also stream it Inf, slide into my PMs if you want to hash out specifics.

This would be great, I'll hit you up when I'm at home cutie~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

:siren::boonie::australia: OPEN CHALLENGE :australia::boonie::siren:
:siren::spooky: TIME TO GET SPOOKY MOTHER FUCKERS :spooky::siren:

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to form a team of Goons to fight me 4 vs 1 in Fury of Dracula; wherein I will proceed to murder the gently caress out of you all as the titular namesake.
You would be incorrect in assuming that this is somehow an unfair fight for me in any way shape or form, as I can assure you Dracula will punch a hole clean through your chest if you are not prepared.

:getin:

Requirements:
- A team of 4 players (I will not help you form the squad!) :siren:
- A copy of Tabletop Simulator
- This Fury of Dracula workshop module

Starting Time
Due to ~time zone nonsense~ It will be in the morning for me, as this time generally works out 'best' globally.
- 10 or 11am AEST (Australian Eastern Standard) November 1st :siren:
- 8 or 9pm EDT
- 5 or 6pm PDT
- 1 or 2am BST
(We can talk about what time works best for people)

Most games will take 2-3+ hours to play, please set aside time for this! :siren:

Streaming
- If someone could stream the event that would be great, as I am lazy and don't want to setup twitch again :v:

How to Play
Here is the first of a 2 part episode of Fury of Dracula being played, and what inspired me to pick it up in the first place
I strongly recommend you watch the first episode at the very least to get an understanding of the basics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kU__uZDYTI&t=86s
(:rip: Grant Imahara)

Here is a pretty good overview of mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgwtvXzSzgE

Quoting for top of page

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

In honor of me being an absolute tool who REALLY needs to work on her Pokemon Stadium LP, I will fight anyone in Pokemon Showdown. It's a browser-based Pokemon battle simulator. The format I choose is not my best, but it's definitely the one that's most on theme: Generation 1 OU.

Fight me, best of three rounds. If you win, you get to guilt me into working on my LP. If I win, I... probably still feel guilty about needing to work on my LP.

I'm down for this, just gimme a time to show up, I've never tried competetive Gen 1 so this should be pretty fun.

Major Isoor posted:

I don't know how to play FoD, but I'm willing to learn, if there isn't a bunch of more experienced hunters out there. (In which case, I'll step aside and watch the masters at work)
I have the added benefit of being Australian too, so that would potentially make timings easier! Although, I've never used Twitch, so I can't be much help there.

As a fellow Australian I'm also down for this if you need an extra body.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

A Cup of Ramen posted:

I'm down for this, just gimme a time to show up, I've never tried competetive Gen 1 so this should be pretty fun.
I'll PM you my Discord.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Round 1, and Round 2.

The first game was rough, but the second game I kind of feel bad about how poorly things went for Cup.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Round 1, and Round 2.

The first game was rough, but the second game I kind of feel bad about how poorly things went for Cup.

drat, not bad! That gengar came in handy, that first match - sneaky, dodging body slam (I think?) like that.
I wouldn't mind going against you in gen3/4 at some point, to be honest! :D I'm going away this weekend though, so I can't challenge either of you. But I'll have to start thinking about 'mon teams etc again I guess, for a potential showdown later on down the track

A Cup of Ramen posted:

As a fellow Australian I'm also down for this if you need an extra body.

Sounds good to me! :respek: We just need two (or one if Relax or DIE joins, I guess?) more people and I'll start sharpening my stakes

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

drat, not bad! That gengar came in handy, that first match - sneaky, dodging body slam (I think?) like that.
I wouldn't mind going against you in gen3/4 at some point, to be honest! :D I'm going away this weekend though, so I can't challenge either of you. But I'll have to start thinking about 'mon teams etc again I guess, for a potential showdown later on down the track
Sounds good.

My sixth Pokemon was a Venusaur named BORT, but there was never a good chance to use him.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

My sixth Pokemon was a Venusaur named BORT, but there was never a good chance to use him.

A Simpsons Pokemon showdown?! I'm up for that!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

A Simpsons Pokemon showdown?! I'm up for that!
Not quite the reference.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah the idea of my Gengar was to have a swap in to normal attacks and hopefully pull off a sleep.

The big problem is that I get owned by earthquakes and didn't carry a special attack that could hit Rhydon. :ssh:

Major Isoor posted:

Sounds good to me!  We just need two (or one if Relax or DIE joins, I guess?) more people and I'll start sharpening my stakes
Looking forward to brandishing our stakes against ol Dracula. :respek:

And to PMush I shall return for a rematch one day!

And hopefully make you bring out all your Pokemon this time round :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have a cunning plan that cannot fail, but I need to clear it with the mods first before I sink energy into it.

Potential Hunters
- Major Isoor
- A Cup of Ramen

(I said I won't help you form the team, but I can compile potential participants for you)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Aston posted:

Your reign of terror ends here. I will take you down.

We came to an agreement over PM, we will be racing at 7:30 PM London time/11:30 AM US Pacific time on November 7th.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Secret plans coming together nicely :hmmyes:

You'll want to get in on the action I think.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

I'm hella down to hunt a Dracula! I've been doing a bunch of tts stuff lately but haven't done any hidden movement.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, what the hell. I've never played Fury of Dracula but I'm no stranger to tabletop, I'm down to hunt a vampire.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Arzaac posted:

Yeah, what the hell. I've never played Fury of Dracula but I'm no stranger to tabletop, I'm down to hunt a vampire.
Come and join us hunters assembling to face the dark king himself

https://discord.gg/7KEC78

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please also make sure to hit up Major Isoor and A Cup Of Ramen.

Thinking there should be more interest shortly, and I'm looking forward to being able to reveal what I've got planned
Can't wait to see what team is eventually put forward :allears:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Infinitum is really more of a dork king

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Its true, I am a gigantic cock.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Seems like a step to far to go there about a fellow goon, tbh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK got mod approval for this, so here goes...

:siren::spooky: If you beat me in Fury of Dracula, I will be probated for 1 month :spooky::siren:

Click the banner for the thread

(Also I bought banner adds)

tl;dr
- Get 4 Goons together and challenge me. If you win I will eat a 1 month probe :toxx:
- Will be streamed live on Halloween, and ShallNoiseUpon is graciously hosting
- You can donate to 'bet' on the outcome and get a gangtag if you choose the winner
- Currently trying to arrange guest commentators as well

Thread has all the info. Regardless come help raise money for charity!

(It is 100% not my intention to draw attention away from this thread, as I adore what's happening here, but I felt it warranted its own thread for discussion)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Edit: Not the new thread. Durp :v:

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I challenge to do a 1v2 vs the guys who did the best of 5 in starcraft 2
I'm also up for doing this thing

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Cicero posted:

I'm also up for doing this thing

It's two weeks late after the latest response, but I will cast any starcraft games that may results from this thread. I can't guarantee live casts because of scheduling, but give me some hot replays and I'll do some casting.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

We came to an agreement over PM, we will be racing at 7:30 PM London time/11:30 AM US Pacific time on November 7th.

Friendly reminder that this is happening tomorrow! I will be streaming my side at twitch.tv/cheetah7071

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

cheetah7071 posted:

Friendly reminder that this is happening tomorrow! I will be streaming my side at twitch.tv/cheetah7071

Stealing your reminder for a friendly reminder that myself and Nep-Nep will be racing Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 11 starting at 11 AM EST. It'll probably actually start closer to noon because of tech set up, but it'll be on allllllll day! My Twitch is at twitch.tv/OysterSA where I'll have a link to whatever multi viewing thing we're using.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

cheetah7071 posted:

I'll be doing mine at twitch.tv/aston1988 and we can set up a multistream so you can watch both at once easily.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Oyster posted:

Stealing your reminder for a friendly reminder that myself and Nep-Nep will be racing Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 11 starting at 11 AM EST. It'll probably actually start closer to noon because of tech set up, but it'll be on allllllll day! My Twitch is at twitch.tv/OysterSA where I'll have a link to whatever multi viewing thing we're using.

Oh hey, I remember your extremely classic MegaMan LPs. I'll check this stream out if I'm not comatose levels of drunk at the time.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Starting in an hour and a half and what better day to be comatose drunk than a week when we went to sleep on Tuesday and woke up on Saturday and it still isn't over. (I probably won't start drinking until MM8, but who's counting)

Edit: I am Ready.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 7, 2020

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
This will be viewable at multistre.am/oystersa/sailornep I plan on broadcasting the discord audio we'll let you all know if that changes.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm live. You'll be able to watch both sides of the race here:

https://multistre.am/cheetah7071/aston1988/layout3/

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I won, final time of 3:27:24. As promised,

cheetah7071 posted:

I will accept any challenge in the form of an Ocarina of Time Randomizer race

if you defeat me I will use my mod buttons to do something cool for you

if I defeat you I will post a childish pun on your name

rear end Ton

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Cheetah just bodying nerds repeatedly ITT

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

somebody stop him!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bingo Cop Metis posted:

somebody stop him!!

you could learn OoTR, and be that person

or buy one of the actual top racers an account for the sole purpose of owning me

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
someone bully cheetah into running a different randomizer

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

cheetah7071 posted:

rear end Ton

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

someone bully cheetah into running a different randomizer

you could be that bully

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

or buy one of the actual top racers an account for the sole purpose of owning me

this is incredibly tempting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If anyone would like to go through all that effort simply to own me, the discord for OoTR is here:

https://discord.gg/JPDFK8sNGK