Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Other horror communities don't exist. Only our thread, the Rob Zombie fan page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

feedmyleg posted:

Sure, her style plays a big part. But amongst people I knew and what I read online at the time in articles and on message boards, people couldn't wait to bring up the idea that she was a former sex worker. I remember it being mentioned in every breath around Juno and around Jennifer's Body. It's worth noting that the larger horror community isn't exactly known for its acceptance of girls into their clubhouse.

Yeah, that's fair. I just remember in the circles I ran in, everyone actually kind of ignored that she was a stripper (if it came up at all, the general consensus was it was kinda cool that someone from a "weird" job like that broke into film and was getting actual good jobs) and the main object of mockery was stuff like "honest to blog" from Juno.

That phrase specifically sticks out in my memory as a thing people relentlessly beat into the ground to mock her writing.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

dont put that curse on this thread.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Welcome to the Zombie Zone!

Haters beware you're in for a scare!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Honestly it seems kinda odd that Rob hasn't checked in with the thread at some point, considering that Kvlt! was best man at his wedding and hangs out with him on a weekly basis.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/OOCCreature/status/1318288092936196098?s=20

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Honestly it seems kinda odd that Rob hasn't checked in with the thread at some point, considering that Kvlt! was best man at his wedding and hangs out with him on a weekly basis.

too many posers for him. I asked yesterday while we were at a wine tasting.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Gaz2k21 posted:

How did it look in 3D, I don’t have my 3D TV set up at the moment so I haven’t been able to enjoy it, it’s something I’ve wanted for a while
Good things and bad things. On the one hand, the movie was actually filmed in 3D with polarized lenses, which makes a huge difference compared to the post-production digital conversions that most modern 3D movies use. Subtle things like leaves and branches and stuff are cool to look at. On the other hand, most of the 3D effects are really unsubtle, to the point that they kind of hurt your eyes sometimes. Also, although the print is nice and bright and vibrant, it doesn't look like any physical restoration was done, so you'll get things like a speck on the print that's only in one eye.
Overall, worth it, though. I don't know how often I'll rewatch it in 3D but I'm glad I got to see it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kvlt! posted:

too many posers for him. I asked yesterday while we were at a wine tasting.

The biggest poser in this thread is 'Why are people using so many words to say "Watch The Fog, already"?'

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Fog may actually be my favorite horror film. Which isn't necessarily saying its the best but its such a perfect mood film for me I can just lose myself in it every time. Right now its slotted in to be the last film I watch of the month on Halloween.

Also I keep trying to decide if Juno is a film I really need to finally seek out or if its one that was like just of its time and I missed the chance to appreciate it.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I just think Jennifer's Body is a bad movie, despite its aspirations to be a sardonic Heathers thing. Cody's jokes don't land, the voiceover is stilted and unneeded, the music is really out of place, and Fox's performance is weirdly bad. The pieces are there, they just don't fit. Nbd. :shrug: I can see how someone of a certain age and time might love it despite all that, though.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

aware of dog posted:

Let’s post our favorite lines from Jennifer’s Body, cause there are so many good ones. For me it’s a tie between

“Know what this is for? It’s for cutting boxes.”

And

“I forgot to read Hamlet. Is he gonna gently caress his mom?”

Such a quotable movie. I was all in right at the beginning when Jennifer’s like “It smells like Thai food in here. Have you guys been loving?”

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I prefer Rob Zombie's non-union Canadian equilvant Revenant Bob.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Forbidden Planet is an incredible film, with amazing special effects, old school 50s sci-fi concepts and ideas and so much loving sexism

It is such an unbelievably horny, sexist film. Even for the 50s, it stands out. I was showing it to a friend for the first time and it was just slapping him in the face- I had forgotten just how bad it was.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Anyone here seen Bacurau? It fuckin slaps.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Flying Zamboni posted:

Welcome to the Zombie Zone!

Haters beware you're in for a scare!

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

graventy posted:

Would it count for the horror challenge? That's all I need to know before I watch it right this moment.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah, although it might not meet Kvlt’s standards for horror.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6cnebUHW_4

Segue
May 23, 2007

graventy posted:

It's such a great movie. Sort of toes the line on horror and thriller but the deep themes of political corruption, colonialism, and Indigenous resistance really make it so much more satisfying to root for the good guys.

And it's so well put together and fun that it just works. Blood Quantum is more horror and messier and less successful but a double bill of those two would be a blast.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

STAC Goat posted:

Also I keep trying to decide if Juno is a film I really need to finally seek out or if its one that was like just of its time and I missed the chance to appreciate it.

I saw Juno when it came out. It wasn't even of its time. If you want to watch an Ellen Page movie watch Hard Candy.

Also Nigel Kneale fans rejoice - not only is there a new BFI restoration of The Year of the Sex Olympics, there's also a Blu release of the 1979 TV version of The Woman In Black.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Impossibly good but NSFW video, there is a girl nipple

https://mobile.twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1318390070634811392

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

This is great and makes me want to see the whole commentary.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Drunkboxer posted:

This is great and makes me want to see the whole commentary.

His commentary for King of New York is equally like that and worth watching.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
In what order should I watch the Invasions of the Body Snatchers?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

married but discreet posted:

In what order should I watch the Invasions of the Body Snatchers?

Ideally, the original and then the 60s ones and then not bother anymore.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

but the 1978 one is literally the best one

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Retro Futurist posted:

Ideally, the original and then the 60s ones and then not bother anymore.
[Donald Sutherland reaction]

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

is that the one you meant I cant even find one made in the 60s

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I don't think there's a 60s one. The ones I'm aware of are:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ive seen them all except the 93 one is that worth checking out?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I've only seen 56 and 78. But it's hard to imagine the newer ones improve on 78, which is a masterpiece.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah okay I guess by 61 I meant 1978 version because I'm suddenly young and think everything is ancient

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the 78 TERRIFIED me as a kid. What a fantastic movie. I grew up on horror so they usually didnt scare me but I was scared shitless i was gonna get turned into a pod person

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
The 90s one is by Abel Ferrara isn't it? I remember it being on Cinemax all the time. It had an overall dour mood, and a good portion takes place on a military base I think, but I don't recall much else.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

the 78 TERRIFIED me as a kid. What a fantastic movie. I grew up on horror so they usually didnt scare me but I was scared shitless i was gonna get turned into a pod person

How do you know you weren't?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead, Don't Breathe) is producing a new Texas Chainsaw film. Not much is known, but there's a website for it.

https://texaschainsaw.com

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Davros1 posted:

Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead, Don't Breathe) is producing a new Texas Chainsaw film. Not much is known, but there's a website for it.

https://texaschainsaw.com

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Alvarez is just producing. It had a couple of brothers directing but they got canned and replaced one week into production. I guess this is third times the charm for a direct sequel to TCM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Those of you that bought the Friday the 13th boxset, Shout Factory are providing replacement discs for a few faults in the set, it’s probably worth signing up for despite the faults being seemingly minor.