Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
play on pc my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hace posted:

play on pc my dude

I don't have a computer and actually stepped down from being a mod due to that.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

The load time is still kinda awful in T7 even with an SSD and on PC

It wouldn't be so bad if there was at least instant rematches

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah i doubled dipped and its better but still onerous

Barudak posted:

I am a spoiled baby and don't plan to go back to Tekken 7 until I get my next generation console because I need something, anything to make the loadtimes less horrible.

Ill play you when you do

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

RevolverDivider posted:

FAZZ is a huge fucker until you’re used to fighting it as it can cheese the poo poo out of you with gerobis and super armor. It’s extremely slow and vulnerable at medium range if the armor is on and while it’s decently mobile it’s pretty bad for a 3k with armor off. It can still always steal games though just by how much damage it can do if you stop looking at it.

I've mained FAZZ since vanilla EXVS and yeah, it's not quite the best 3k these days but it is 100% a newbie killer. Hi-Megas really, really hurt even if you're not in Burst mode, its super armor is not to be underestimated, and boy you can catch some people slipping with CSb if they're not paying attention (the basic ploy here is to maintain awareness of where both enemies are, and then quickly switch to your intended target when they're preoccupied with something else/won't get the "you're being targeted" indicator quick enough, as CSb has decent tracking). I will always remember winning a game my team probably shouldn't have because the opponent wasn't paying enough attention as he should have and I nailed his rear end with a Hi-Mega through a building even at green lock.

Also, remember, buildings are very, very important and can help you.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeah it's not that the lasers are particularly good, it's that I inevitably will fly into FAZZ, no matter what it or I am actually doing lol. My favorite moment in the game though was a casual game with friends with a FAZZ who had my partner stuck in a combo. I flew up as Hambrabi to try and cut it, thinking I could hotshot roll away and finish his partner off (who was behind him at the time), and mid-combo, entirely on accident, it backhanded me and I crashlanded instead and it kept smacking my buddy to death

We had to stop playing for a while because of the laughter

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hace posted:

tk7 doesn't need rollback because tk7 is 3

do you think it'll be 4 when the new netcode patch comes out

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

that's the dream

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah it's not that the lasers are particularly good, it's that I inevitably will fly into FAZZ, no matter what it or I am actually doing lol. My favorite moment in the game though was a casual game with friends with a FAZZ who had my partner stuck in a combo. I flew up as Hambrabi to try and cut it, thinking I could hotshot roll away and finish his partner off (who was behind him at the time), and mid-combo, entirely on accident, it backhanded me and I crashlanded instead and it kept smacking my buddy to death

We had to stop playing for a while because of the laughter

Yeah all of FAZZ's lasers are really, really slow and probably even reactable depending on your connection. Like these days when I see an enemy FAZZ, I will make sure to never forget where they are or what they're doing; for example, if they're at low to mid health, in red lock range, and for some reason aren't taking zunda shots, they're probably trying to get you with CSb. In this case, you always make sure to have minimum boost to be able to block on landing. And besides super armor, lasers and missiles, FAZZ is... pretty mediocre with regard to everything else. Ever, ever run head first into one of them.

If you're playing FAZZ, what you can do for some mind games is what I did to this Wing Zero player a while back; get a knock down close range, and just Hi-Mega. Not a lot ways of getting out of this situation if a partner is close outside of blocking or outright evading, and anything else ain't going to do much to its super armor. And on wakeup, I just hi-mega'd again. Burst, Hi-Mega'd on wakeup again. Don't ever do this unless you're on one of those galaxy-brained "gently caress it, going to see if they fall for this" oki kind of moments, but god that damage can rack up fast. If you're not playing FAZZ, delay wake up or just boost straight up and out of there

MechaX fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 18, 2020

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

bad metaphors posted:

to be specific i'm doing nj.a like 70% of the time

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Smoking Crow posted:

Harada said it might even be 6

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
what the gently caress

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/1316380847046619136

people hated the beta lobby. lets make it the only thing that exists
what the gently caress

darealkooky posted:

https://twitter.com/ARCSY_Event/status/1317009430903287809

now you can bust out your autopilot FRC timings and overly long corner/otg loops even during the lockdown!
what... uh... cool

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

that reminds me of a time people were going nuts over some twitter interpretation of elphelt's close slash:

the thing is it wasn't far from the truth at all:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
please let me forget

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/DaydLarce/status/1234678969959501832

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Shoryucans, as they say.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Actually includes her head, so hardly counts.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

You'd think the drawn sword would have a hitbox

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

also

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elvis_Maximus posted:

You'd think the drawn sword would have a hitbox

that's the true power of iaido

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Chev posted:

But if your camera moves cinematically instead of just sliding on a plane it falls apart because the character isn't moving like a sprite in those, it's switching poses for everything, so you get mad stroboscopes effects with the impression the character's going back and forth on the screen. The first approach they attempted is the one you see in Xrd, DBFZ and Granblue: the camera moves at the framerate at which the cinematic models change pose. It's jarring and looks like framedrops, but is in truth nowhere as bad as the stroboscope. The new, better approach seen in Strive (but probably seen by the world at large in Spiderverse) is to really go the full length treating cinematic characters as cels laid over a 3D background. That means the background has a 60fps camera while the models have their own camera which only changes position when they need it to, at their own rate. So when Sol and Ky grab their swords in the first Strive trailer, the backgorund's moving at 60fps (well, 30 on youtube) while the characters are moving at 15fps. If you look at it in slow motion you can see their feet are not moving along with the ground and all but it's all fine.

last page, but this heres the concept explained by the lead character animator from into the spider-verse (if you havent watched this movie you really should)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-wUKu_V2Lk&t=429s

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

welcome... to my twisted mind

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 19, 2020

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Hitboxes are so neat to me, I know it's just 'this space means ouchie' but I can look at hitbox data all day.

Skullgirls has some good ones!

I like to call this one 'gently caress your jump-in', yes it is a command grab:

Big Band's Death Blossom:

And the Pipe Bomb has it's own hitbox:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

This page is making me wish I had people to play EFZ with.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

J.A.B.C. posted:

And the Pipe Bomb has it's own hitbox:

overhead btw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Furious_blog/status/1318472649173921792 daigo talking about his favorite anime while sitting on a bench that was in a scene from that anime.

ergo, if you watch a place further than the universe, you will also become the beast.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Liking an amazing, wholesome anime? OK, Daigo, you did good this time.

Next thing we know he's on a ship to Antarctica to achieve his dreams, though.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Me: Skull Heart Arrhythmia is the best boss music, it cannot be improved upon in any way whatso-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Hf8iyToqk

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
speaking of gg hitboxes - look forward to these and many similar moves in 9 days

last one doesn't seem that bad until you realize it's 5f

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Eh it's balanced by the fact if they block they've got forever to kick you in the robo-dick.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

FrostyPox posted:

Me: Skull Heart Arrhythmia is the best boss music, it cannot be improved upon in any way whatso-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Hf8iyToqk

I mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBNTxw-kLVE

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

mango sentinel posted:

Eh it's balanced by the fact if they block they've got forever to kick you in the robo-dick.

only if the robo doesn't have 25% meter for him to frc aka get out of jail free card

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Don't get hit

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Hace posted:

Step 1: Old game gets rollback

Step 2: Everyone talks about how sick that is

Step 3: A few people try it out

Step 4: Everyone forgets about it and complains about how there's nothing to play

im reposting the cycle btw

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They keep doing for everything but things released this decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Hace posted:

im reposting the cycle btw

To be fair, that's pretty much every fighting game outside of the ever played franchises like street fighter and Tekken