Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unison
Oct 12, 2005
Some less obvious things to get at the Costco Business Center:

- Kewpie Mayo 2-pack
- Spices (far cheaper than at the normal Costco and more variety)
- Frozen pre-cut potatoes in a ~5 lb. bag (good for roasting or throwing in some curry)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

No way are these Taiwan's number one selling noodle.

I regret buying them. I'll finish the bastards, but I don't know what i was expecting when it clearly says "aged soy sauce flavor" right on the box.

Clearly Im a young soy sauce man. Give me yesterdays' soya tomorra, is my new motto.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

How much did that pallet of coffee cost Chinatown? Good Co level purchase for your bunker

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What are the carbs like on this? Good for keto?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Cartoon Man posted:

What are the carbs like on this? Good for keto?

iirc they’re unsweetened so it should be zero

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

This stuff is pretty good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is there a purchase limit?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Unison posted:

Some less obvious things to get at the Costco Business Center:

- Kewpie Mayo 2-pack

Do you recall the price? Wonder if it's cheaper than the Japanese grocer

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

drat dude, leave some for the rest of us!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Aired up my tires last night. Pulled up to a bag and asked if they had an air hose. Guy showed me an automated system they have - dial in your PSI, connect hose to tire, wait to hear beep indicating tire is filled to said pressure. Pretty sweet. PBUC

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

shadow puppet of a posted:

I regret buying them. I'll finish the bastards, but I don't know what i was expecting when it clearly says "aged soy sauce flavor" right on the box.

Clearly Im a young soy sauce man. Give me yesterdays' soya tomorra, is my new motto.

Yeah I got these too. They are just.... boring as hell.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Hopefully more stores are receiving shipments. A further Costco from me had a dozen cases on top of the Starbucks Frappuccino pallet. And the close Costco hasn’t had any in months.

For the person asking about Keto, it is unsweetened, but the nutrition info still lists like 2 carbs per can. It is literally just coffee and water, so no idea where they are getting carbs from.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Note from previous mentions of those noodles in this thread that the sauce packet is like, 100% of your DRV of sodium. :v:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Lobsterboy posted:

Note from previous mentions of those noodles in this thread that the sauce packet is like, 100% of your DRV of sodium. :v:
Yeah. I've been buying the "Lotus Foods" Rice Ramen ramen noodles (no sauce) and making my own sauce using Braggs Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce and have been pretty happy with the results.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Cartoon Man posted:

Is there a purchase limit?

My store has been carrying it for over a year and I've never seen a limit. I think it costs around $12

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Lobsterboy posted:

I bought a box of these a while ago and basically agree with you all. I like the noodles just fine, better than the cheapo ramen cups, but the sauce is not that great and excessively salty.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Bioshuffle posted:

I have a manual burr grinder that I save for special occasions when I want to treat myself to a cup of Aeropress coffee, but 99% of the time, I just throw it in the cheapo blade grinder and throw it in the french press. Still makes a drat good cup of coffee.

I usually splurge on local roaster stuff, but I saw this at Costco and I couldn't pass it up for the price.

I think is now my favorite ultra-cheap costco coffee.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i usually get the jamaica blue mountain blend coffee from there (beans). its fine for the price as my daily cup.

it comes in an orange bag

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

I ended up using the noodles as a base for some fish curry and throwing the sauce away. They were decent but not that much better then just using rice for 1/100 of the cost.

Making the sauce and the cooked noodles to some veggie stir fry to make 2 meals its about the only sensible way of eating them I can think of.

Unison
Oct 12, 2005

Barry posted:

Do you recall the price? Wonder if it's cheaper than the Japanese grocer

2 x 12 oz. for ~$5.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

thathonkey posted:

Don't we all?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Counterpoint: my 31" kamado style Louisiana grill is doing great.

Seems just as good as big green egg or kamado joe and was like 1/2 the price of those on sale.

Want to chime in with an agreement. Second year, had a great time with it entertaining. Everyone commented how good the food turned out and as long as you manage the heat right it’s fantastic.

It was a pain to haul onto the second story deck though, took 3 people. My Dad and I would not have been able to do it if it wasn’t for the handyman who helped.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Costco kirkland red is normally something I have in my kitchen.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

This one here, it's $99 in store: https://www.costco.com/bayside-furnishings-metrex-iv-mesh-office-chair.product.100522611.html

I had a HM Mirra chair with a bad seat pan so I bought this one. A little to narrow for my tastes so I gave it to the wife and she loves it. Pretty comfortable and the folding arms mean we can actually fit it under the desk.

BaconCopter posted:

It's a knock-off of the Aeron! It's a Bayside by Whalen Office Mesh Chair.

E: I've used the real things before while in college and they were definitely better quality and maybe slightly comfier, but for a tenth of the price I'm pretty darn happy with what I got.

^^^ yup that one

Anybody got any other C.co chair recommendations? Dad's birthday is coming up and he needs a new one, nothing super fancy but if there's a better option in the $200-ish range I'd be down to sit down (on it) (because it is a chair).

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lobsterboy posted:

Thankfully I am the size of two people its probably only like 50%

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I just had my last can during my 36 hours nonstop work shift earlier this week.

I hope my local has restocked.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i got a bag of the San Francisco French Roast beans and yep thats great stuff too.

e: these are my new jam

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 22, 2020

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Our Costco has been carrying these sausages for a while: https://kiolbassa.com. They're really good. I fried some up with some pierogi a couple weeks ago. We had a couple sausages left over, so I diced 'em up and put them in the leftover chili I was about to freeze. Thawed that stuff out today, but before warming it up, I quick sautéed some leftover turkey breast in butter and Chili powder.

4 meat chili, corn bread, and a baked potato. It's gonna drop to 30 overnight. Come at me, winter! I'm ready for you!!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Orvin posted:

Hopefully more stores are receiving shipments. A further Costco from me had a dozen cases on top of the Starbucks Frappuccino pallet. And the close Costco hasn’t had any in months.

For the person asking about Keto, it is unsweetened, but the nutrition info still lists like 2 carbs per can. It is literally just coffee and water, so no idea where they are getting carbs from.

Everythings got carbs in it. I would know, im full of em

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
"Get out of the house, Miss Atkins! The carbs are coming from inside the house!"

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Pierogies and sausage sounds really good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lobsterboy posted:

Yeah the A-sha Tainan noodles are terrible. It's not even taht they're terrible, it's that their bland and stupidly salty for how bland it is. fwiw it's not the sauce packet that is like 200% of your daily sodium, i believe it's the noodles themselves. but they sure don't taste like it

fine as a noodle base i guess, but thats really a shitload of salt (even if salt isn;t bad for you, it's still not great to consume your entire daily dose in 1 relatively unfullfilling bowl of noodles)

that said, we just recently picked up a box of A-sha's Hakka thick cut noodles with spicy mala chilli sauce from Costco. Those are quite a lot better, especially if you like more drunken-noodles style and actually has some flavor to the sauce packets. I dont think i'd exactly recommend them per se, but they;'re way better than a-sha's Tainan noodles and have flavor. would probably make a decent drunken noodles base

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Oct 22, 2020

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Chinatown posted:

e: these are my new jam

Yeah, these are way better than most chicken sausages I’ve tried. They aren’t dry like most chicken sausages.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

fischtick posted:

Our Costco has been carrying these sausages for a while: https://kiolbassa.com. They're really good. I fried some up with some pierogi a couple weeks ago. We had a couple sausages left over, so I diced 'em up and put them in the leftover chili I was about to freeze. Thawed that stuff out today, but before warming it up, I quick sautéed some leftover turkey breast in butter and Chili powder.

4 meat chili, corn bread, and a baked potato. It's gonna drop to 30 overnight. Come at me, winter! I'm ready for you!!

I love making a meat heavy chili. Brisket and sausages are the best. I also put Ground Bison (from the Co) & Italian breakfast sausage in mine.

I am doing Keto but I just bought some "corn-free" keto Corn Bread mix because I have been wanting to make some chili!

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Pierogies and sausage sounds really good

In other late breaking news, water is wet

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

thathonkey posted:

i usually get the jamaica blue mountain blend coffee from there (beans). its fine for the price as my daily cup.

I disagree whole heartedly.

The two "specialty" blends are their absolute worst coffees. (Blue Mountain and Kona).
The thing about blends is, there is no standard as to what the limit has to be.
For the Costco price point that those blends are selling for, there are approximately 5 Blue Mountain/Kona beans in each bag and the rest are garbage.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im open to try something better what is good ive tried a few of their other kinds that i thought were worse than blue mountain by a noticeable amount

Unison
Oct 12, 2005

silence_kit posted:

Yeah, these are way better than most chicken sausages I’ve tried. They aren’t dry like most chicken sausages.

Yeah, I like these too. They are sweet instead of spicy, but good.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
taiwanese instant noodle market is dominated by a buncha korean brands. number 1 in taiwan is shin ramen iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

thathonkey posted:

im open to try something better what is good ive tried a few of their other kinds that i thought were worse than blue mountain by a noticeable amount

The silver bag Columbian is where it's at.

We cycle between that and rotating through the dark blends from Kicking Horse Coffee.