Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008
The targeted loot is great. Got a godrolled weapon dmg Punch Drunk about 10 mins after setting it to D&H with 2 directives on Heroic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Guillermus posted:

For the Pyromaniac (named M4) your best bet is to farm bounties on assault rifle zones. I wouldn't bother with it much and just use a weapon with vindictive if you want to give the group some CHC and CHD or the usual combo of Sweet Dreams/Mechanical animal.

seconding vindictive as the way to go for an eclipse gun. It buffs you and everyone on the team, just like your fire/foam (or whatever) spread does the opposite to every enemy.

eclipse is really cool and good.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Going to just set a 9-directive lobby (elevator?) and trap people from the Discord.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Going to just set a 9-directive lobby (elevator?) and trap people from the Discord.

There is no trap with the command /leave :q:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is anyone else seeing the wavy gasoline fumes effect like... everywhere? Inside buildings, in the distance in every direction - I can't seem to escape it.

I swear I'm not drunk or having a stroke but it feels like it

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Orange Carlisle posted:

Is anyone else seeing the wavy gasoline fumes effect like... everywhere? Inside buildings, in the distance in every direction - I can't seem to escape it.

I swear I'm not drunk or having a stroke but it feels like it

This does take place in the summer, fwiw

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Just a little daily/weekly supply/league faffing about - finally dug out the last Chatterbox part, so I can get the blueprint.

Also about four pieces of Negotiators, another dupe (holster I think) of Just The Tip, and between pickups and caches, three more dupes of Hunter's Laptop Furry parts.

And a moderate-rolled Baker's Dozen.

And Parnell dropped a Bullet King (decent rolls) at the Tombs.

Followed by opening an Exotic cache for...

Another Bullet King.

Also somewhere between Monday and last night I found a better-rolled at of Fox's Prayer.

27/29 in Assault On Wardrobe Island, too. (Apparel event,)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ygolonac posted:

, another dupe (holster I think) of Just The Tip,

i know this isn't the real name but I'm going to call it this now

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Summit's way better after the patch. Loot's real good and the progress mechanic is much better. Pity it's such a boring environment- the literal sewer levels from Div1 Underground were more interesting.

Memento backpack is v. good with a Hunter's Fury + Chatterbox build. Keep getting buffed, keep regenerating armor, never ever reload. I didn't realize until I got a Memento that the multiple cores mean you also get a +2 shield with it equipped.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Inferior posted:

Summit's way better after the patch. Loot's real good and the progress mechanic is much better. Pity it's such a boring environment- the literal sewer levels from Div1 Underground were more interesting.

Memento backpack is v. good with a Hunter's Fury + Chatterbox build. Keep getting buffed, keep regenerating armor, never ever reload. I didn't realize until I got a Memento that the multiple cores mean you also get a +2 shield with it equipped.
Underground felt like it had like 4 total rooms in it, but it had a bit more atmosphere than Summit.

They should've bullshit a more interesting building design- just like have it have a huge open atrium in the center of the building and just have there be smoke or something obscuring how many floors you're up so people can't push up their glasses and complain that the floor count is wrong if you look at it.
Or design some cool setpiece rooms/themes for each set of 10 floors. Maybe the engine doesn't do huge skyboxes well or something because I'd have observation decks all over the place.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
When I first tried summit I was able to start from level 40 or so. Now that i'm trying it today i'm only able to start from level 1. Did something change? Am I able to try the higher levels again or do I literally have to do all 100 floors

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah I think they completely changed how it works and being able to set difficulty etc, but supposedly it also saves your progress more often and a few other changes. I haven't tried it yet since the patch.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Morter posted:

When I first tried summit I was able to start from level 40 or so. Now that i'm trying it today i'm only able to start from level 1. Did something change? Am I able to try the higher levels again or do I literally have to do all 100 floors

They changed it and reset everyone. Instead of batches of floor being at a set difficultly you now select the difficulty and directives you want and do 100 floors. I think you can change the difficulty and directives as you go but I’m not sure about that, you might have to reset to 1 to change difficulty. Regardless once you beat floor 100 you start again at 1. You can also select the precise target loot you want to find. Ridgeway chest project pieces are now found throughout.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Honestly I hope they patch back in the checkpoints further down the line. Even with the ability to toggle difficulty, their "threat scaling" modifier makes it so early floors are basically all reds or purples. Around level 40 or so we started seeing more elites, and since elites are more likely to drop items...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

I think you can change the difficulty and directives as you go

[...]

Regardless once you beat floor 100 you start again at 1. You can also select the precise target loot you want to find. Ridgeway chest project pieces are now found throughout.

You can change as you go, no need to reset to 1. Every elevator (or every 10th floor elevator?) offers you a prompt to do so.

an important note is Ridgeway pieces are literally named for the floors you find them on, so if you have a 120 whatever and an 81100 whatever, you have the floors 1-20 piece and the floors 81-100 piece. And if you don't have the 2140, 4160, or 6180 pieces, well, that makes figuring out where to go to finish the set pretty easy.

restarting once you clear 100, with the escalating threat basically being escalating loot (as merc points out), is uh...well, not what I was hoping for. Whether it's spawning more yellows in 1-49 or letting us start at 50 again? Sure, just pick something Massive!

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 22, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Just finished a Heroic Summit run and I finally have a Vile Mask out of the project cache. Last night I decided that I was going to make me a tanky gearset, and managed to scrap together this build that carried me through today.

It's 4 Piece Foundry Bulwark, 2 Piece Belstone Armoury, using the Firewall spec for the Striker shield, mods and Flamethrower that gets a fair amount of use. Armour Talents are Intimidate which gives me +35% damage amplification to enemies within 10m as long as I have bonus armour, and Adrenaline Rush which gives me 20% bonus armour when there's an enemy within 10m ( stacks up to 3 times ). It's very much a close range setup and doesn't have amazing damage output ( A fully buffed Chameleon with the Intimidate buff active helps ), but it's very very tough - Your shield will struggle with some of the high damage output enemies ( also explosions, which I could probably work on speccing it for ) but it also has fairly quick active regeneration.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I have a very similar Foundry build that is the fallback for when I end up matchmade with morons or very new players into Legendaries. It's not fast, not flashy, not hugely fun but it gets the job done.

Have been really enjoying throwing the Momento into random builds, it's kind of the secret sauce that makes just about any oddball team-play funky build work nice solo. Nice to spice things up a bit while farming.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

masterpine posted:

I have a very similar Foundry build that is the fallback for when I end up matchmade with morons or very new players into Legendaries. It's not fast, not flashy, not hugely fun but it gets the job done.

Have been really enjoying throwing the Momento into random builds, it's kind of the secret sauce that makes just about any oddball team-play funky build work nice solo. Nice to spice things up a bit while farming.

Yeah, I got the Season progression Memento last night and it was a real game-changer on my Hunter's Fury build. I never thought anything would move me from my high-end skills build, but I was wrong!
Memento:Hunter's Fury :: Vile:Eclipse Protocol.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

tgacon posted:

Yeah, I got the Season progression Memento last night and it was a real game-changer on my Hunter's Fury build. I never thought anything would move me from my high-end skills build, but I was wrong!
Memento:Hunter's Fury :: Vile:Eclipse Protocol.

I'd been using a Liquid Engineer instead of the Hunter's backpack, and it's really hard to let go of the stacks of bonus armor. Memento is fun but I still feel hella vulnerable...

Upside with wearing it, however: Four back axes :black101::black101::black101::black101:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Hmm, I wonder if just running Hard missions + Special Ammo directive is why it's now raining gearsets? Had a shitload of Future Initiative drop last night.

Hit the Bank almost immediately to chase my Chatterbox blueprints, and got a relatively decently rolled one. Went back through and *chewed* through everyone, as well as GWH and Wall Street. (When you can close in, The Grudge works fine on the APC.) WS, I wiped twice on Three Fat Bois, but eventually just ran off and hid next to a repair hive and let my drone do most of the work, while murdering the run-ins.

Even ended up using my own personal minigun a few times, but it just doesn't really crank my up as much as I'd like.

If I turn on Hollywood, does that apply to everything? IE, are my League runs gonna get borked because of the shields?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hollywood would apply to everything. Turn it off for speed runs, not like you’ll make much progress on the tasks in 1 mission regardless.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Personally the other GE made league runs a lot quicker. That owned.

The Bird
Dec 7, 2006

I'm loving the new Summit but, as a new level 40 player, it feels like a trap. I can barely eek out one watch/season level a night while doing it. If I am running CPs or Missions, I can get 2-3 levels a night.

Being able to set the target loot is really nice, though. I am really glad that they didn't make it a true replacement for the open world.

One question I have is about gear. Does the gear quality increase with difficulty? I am running Challenging right now with a skill build, (3) Hard Wired (2) Hanu-U (1) Acostas -I don't have memento-. I am using In-Sync on my pistol/rifle with a shotgun backup. I don't feel like I can take on a higher difficulty without getting some perfect-rolled gear (and going to an all-brand skill build - but that would take awhile to grind).

I can also do a HuntersFury/LadyDeath build (decent gear) and a True Patriot Build (kinda trash gear). I just don't know what is the easiest new-player build to go with for reaching higher level content/gear. Most of the things I am looting are absolute trash.

I am also wondering what to do when I run out of storage room for materials. I currently treat gear by storing library upgrades/deconstructing/selling in that order. I have reached a point where I am full-up on all the basic materials and don't know if I should be using them on something other than crafting.

The Bird fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 22, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Higher difficulties increase the minimum average attribute rolls you can get. So on Normal it’s possible to find a minimum rolled purple item but on Heroic you won’t find anything below a 60% average high end item (don’t know if that number is accurate. It’s still possible to find a max roll item on the easier difficulties just unlikely.

Crafting and the weekly donation project are the only things you can do with materials so spend away. I just recycle stuff until I’m full, craft stuff until I have enough room again, repeat. Like difficulty level crafting follows the same rules for the result but I think it’s stuck to Challenging level difficulty so you’ll be making some pretty low rolls most of the time. It’s technically possible to find something good though so might as well do it.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.

The Bird posted:

I don't feel like I can take on a higher difficulty without getting some perfect-rolled gear

You can do Heroic missions solo with a bunch of 70% gear without issues as long as the build is decent (and you get used to playing a bit conservatively sometimes). Open world heroic is another story, you will die constantly at early levels. If you're already comfortable at open world Challenging then you're probably in a good place to start trying out Heroic on some missions you're familiar with.

People on here can probably help you farm stuff - are you on PC? There's a clan you could join, and the discord has a lot of helpful info posted there.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
There's also the option more-money-than-brains level stupid IMO of throwing cash at something you really want. Saw a bunch of for-profit crews advertising while looking for plain information on something.

Surely that Vile that's not dropping for you is worth $250? (For *a* Vile, not even a guaranteed godrolled one.) :suicide:

So, last night I pop a cache and get... godroll. Godroll. 0.1% short of godroll.

On a Six12.

Also snagged a KARD-45 (not the named/skill-tier one) with perfect max stats.

Game is just teasing me now...

My adequate Chatterbox.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 24, 2020

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I feel like Rogue Agents in the Summit are too bullshit. Twice now I've had them just run straight up to me while getting shot and just gun me down because "gently caress you I'm a bullet-sponge NPC". They have way too much loving health and they abuse that by running straight up to you while getting shot in the face. There's usually no high ground or other poo poo you can do to mitigate them like in the open world. Hunters were perfectly tuned in Division 1 and idk how they hosed this up so bad. Even without being charged and killed, they're way, way, way too loving tanky and it's just an annoying slog. I find them deeply unfun and it's not even satisfying when you do kill them... I'm just glad it's over so I can get back to the actual fun parts of the game.

/rant

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ygolonac posted:

There's also the option more-money-than-brains level stupid IMO of throwing cash at something you really want. Saw a bunch of for-profit crews advertising while looking for plain information on something.

for the record that's a terrible idea in any game but especially in this one where no single item is actually critical to anything and I have real doubts about how they can guarantee a delivery, considering what we know of exotic loot tables.

grats on your sweet six12, though

Hakarne posted:

I feel like Rogue Agents in the Summit are too bullshit.

merc and I were tag-teaming them with a firewall flamethrower and a shotgun and it was hilarious how fast they died :getin:

so I suggest you both bring a flamethrower and bring merc :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 23, 2020

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I just kill hunters from a corner with my focus ACR and swap targets to keep ND debuff on. They can't deal with getting indirect damage.

The slower alternative is my memento/tanky build that is disrupt inmune and I can safely plink them to death with a ranger M9. That is a wrist killer but they can't do poo poo.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hakarne posted:

I feel like Rogue Agents in the Summit are too bullshit. Twice now I've had them just run straight up to me while getting shot and just gun me down because "gently caress you I'm a bullet-sponge NPC". They have way too much loving health and they abuse that by running straight up to you while getting shot in the face. There's usually no high ground or other poo poo you can do to mitigate them like in the open world. Hunters were perfectly tuned in Division 1 and idk how they hosed this up so bad. Even without being charged and killed, they're way, way, way too loving tanky and it's just an annoying slog. I find them deeply unfun and it's not even satisfying when you do kill them... I'm just glad it's over so I can get back to the actual fun parts of the game.

/rant

At least we're not in the bad old days of launch WONY where they had twice as much health, spammed skills way more often and did not have guaranteed loot drops.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
So two of my bleedresist mods got turned into incoming repair. Guess I have to grind again yo get my backfire build back. Lovely bug.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm going to try (just to experiment) to slap 1pc Belstone with red core on a HF memento build and see what happens with Backfire. Maybe 2pc red core Belstone with standard intimidate and adrenaline rush brand build. The worst possible scenario is that I'll poopsock another 50 hours trying to build that :shobon:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Hakarne posted:

/rant
Yeah, any NPC with high amounts of armor that can quickly rush you pretty much blow holes in the design of the game in general. The only consistent way I've had to deal with Rogues solo is an Eclipse Protocol set- glue them to the ground and set them on fire.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

At least we're not in the bad old days of launch WONY where they had twice as much health, spammed skills way more often and did not have guaranteed loot drops.

They had guaranteed drops, it’s just that the drop you were guaranteed was a single one from 1 of the 2-5 rogues. The others never dropped anything and that was deliberate.

Massive’s problem with high level enemies is that their idea of a tough enemy is one that can do everything at once which as the game is designed right now flies in the face of what the player is allowed to do.

Bosses are never glass cannons that do a lot of gun damage in exchange for little health, bosses are never tanks that can take a lot of damage but don’t have good skills, bosses are never enemies that can throw out a skill that you don’t want to get hit by but you can can run up on because their gun doesn’t do much damage.

So you constantly face enemies, and not just bosses, that throw out skills that can one shot you, break your armor in less than a second with their gun, and take more bullets than an elite war hound to kill. The only thing you can do is learn to play round that.

The Bird
Dec 7, 2006

Screama posted:

You can do Heroic missions solo with a bunch of 70% gear without issues as long as the build is decent (and you get used to playing a bit conservatively sometimes). Open world heroic is another story, you will die constantly at early levels. If you're already comfortable at open world Challenging then you're probably in a good place to start trying out Heroic on some missions you're familiar with.

People on here can probably help you farm stuff - are you on PC? There's a clan you could join, and the discord has a lot of helpful info posted there.

I did try two heroics last night on my skill build. I did ViewPoint Museum first, which was the only mission I should not do on a skill build. I quit after wiping 3x on the EMP part. It didn't help that I had a guy disconnect after the first wipe and his leaving didn't count for like 15 minutes...

THEN I played Potomac Event Center on Heroic, got 4 people with me through matchmaking, and had one of the best nights of coop I have ever had in a game. The end sequence, fighting down the hallway into the theater with the pumping soundtrack, is intense with four other people. I've never been in the middle of a videogame fight and had the thought "this is like an action movie".

I am on PS4, so I probably need to get into the goon group if it is still around.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Has the game introduced any kind of prestige or level reset mechanic? I haven't played in a long time and I think I'd like to restart from the beginning with a second profile but if I can get some kind of bonus for resetting my existing character, I'd be willing to do that.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Spaseman posted:

Has the game introduced any kind of prestige or level reset mechanic? I haven't played in a long time and I think I'd like to restart from the beginning with a second profile but if I can get some kind of bonus for resetting my existing character, I'd be willing to do that.

Nope.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah, no prestige. There's some small benefit to starting a new agent though, which is armor transmog. Green items have different looks than blues/purples/golds (sometimes, not always) and there's no way to get those without a low-level agent. So if fashion really matters...

Jaxic
Aug 26, 2020

Anyone have a mid range build suggestion?

So far I have a tank build with last death and a TW skill build.

Ones in your face and the other is hide in the back and keep tossing seekers.

Feels like I am missing a range profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
You could do a Iron man run, they introduced Hardcore mode back before Warlords, you get a Yolo hat and some badges for it. If you die ( and don't have a revive hive as a get out of jail free ) that's it, gotta start over.