Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Hello GBS. I had not been sleeping worth a drat the past couple weeks. I finally had a random day off scheduled on a wednesday with nothing important that had to be accomplished. I turned off all my alarms, closed the blinds and the curtains, and just let myself sleep

my cat eventually woke me up but only after I slept for a solid 10 hours straight without interruption. I feel like goku after he takes of the weighted clothes. how has your sleep been lately gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

gonna print this thread out in case i ever have trouble sleeping

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

nice! I hope that will be useful for you

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I've been sleeping well this week too, now that I'm taking some time off from drinking. That poo poo really fucks up my sleep.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

With who OP?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you think you're awake now?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Biohazard posted:

I've been sleeping well this week too, now that I'm taking some time off from drinking. That poo poo really fucks up my sleep.

oh for sure. for me I wasn't getting good sleep in because I was getting mega stoned every night and that will also keep you from getting that quality sleep

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Biohazard posted:

You know that fucks with your REM? You sleep, but its a low quality sleep. And dont get me started with waking at 3am with a headache.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every time I go camping dry riverbeds always look like the best campsites. They are but you have to find the bank so you aren’t on some rocks sleeping like poo poo. Which is tricky because if it’s old enough it just looks flat.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tired now but I can't take a nap. Its only 2 pm so I still gotta work (from home). But the bed is so close

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

gently caress you

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't want to use it because it made me feel old but I started sleeping a lot better when I started using the CPAP they gave me.

Getting enough sleep is very important for your physical and mental health.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
Melatonin works wonders honestly. Helps me get through opiate withdrawals which I experience like once a week at minimum. Don't do drugs lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

envious op but congrats. i got a sinus thing at present that is meaning i am not sleeping great at all! it loving sucks!!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I slept great....

...with OP's mom!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Took a nap in the middle of the afternoon because I was tired. Slept for five hours and it'll probably keep me up all night.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

one time my doctor prescribed me a depression med and after I took the very first pill I slept for 48+ hours. I woke up a few times during it to pee and whatnot but I would only be awake like 30 minutes at a time.

It wasn't refreshing, it made me feel like rear end, very disappointing. also it did not cure my depression.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Revins posted:

oh for sure. for me I wasn't getting good sleep in because I was getting mega stoned every night and that will also keep you from getting that quality sleep

Going to bed stoned feels soooo amazing but leaves me feeling groggy the whole next day.

zaepg posted:

You know that fucks with your REM? You sleep, but its a low quality sleep. And dont get me started with waking at 3am with a headache.

Oh yeah believe me I know. The worst is if I get drunk early and end up going to bed at like 9pm and then waking up super early feeling horrible. That’s why it was time for a break, that kind of drinking is not good, and will put you in an early grave.

Biohazard fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 22, 2020

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Ah poo poo, double post sorry

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Longest i slept was 25 hours when I was a teenager. It was summer and I had stayed up all night talking to people on AIM so I had been up for ~20 hours then I got a mild case of food poisoning. While occupying the bathroom for the next 4 hours I developed flu like symptoms. Hooray. I was sleep deprived, making GBS threads my brains out, and had gotten the flu. When it was safe to leave the toilet i took a swig of nyquil, drank a bottle of water, then went to bed and was asleep for a day plus one hour. I never turned my bedroom light off. I woke up completely disoriented thinking I'd only slept for an hour and was just groggy and dehydrated from the nyquil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Sleep is so great, I've been in the same boat OP, and getting that refreshed as hell sleep till I'm done sleep is the loving jam. I can't wait until I'm dead and get to sleep all the time.

Personal max is only 21 hours :sad: