Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Yoshi Wins posted:

I say good for him

Not if you want him to fulfill the back end of his contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Did Not Coach: Got Gilbert Grape Mom'd in his house

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

Ben Standig was on the No Dunks podcast today and one of the questions they discussed was about weird items players had asked their agent to send into the bubble, and now I am coming here to ask You Folks a question:

who do you think was the player who asked for a motorized scooter to be sent into the bubble so that he didn't have to walk 15 minutes across the campus every day? it's definitely Jokic right

Zion

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jahlil okafor

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
remember those pictures of javale on a segway... maybe it's him. but i want it to be dwight

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Aye Doc posted:

Ben Standig was on the No Dunks podcast today and one of the questions they discussed was about weird items players had asked their agent to send into the bubble, and now I am coming here to ask You Folks a question:

who do you think was the player who asked for a motorized scooter to be sent into the bubble so that he didn't have to walk 15 minutes across the campus every day? it's definitely Jokic right

100% J.R.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jimmy Butler, who despite rumors you may have heard to the contrary works very hard, needed to get to the gym as quickly as possible to get up shots and only settled on a scooter after they refused to let him use a jet pack

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

kingcobweb posted:

jokes aside jokic is a gym rat who spends his offseasons hanging out with his horses, so i doubt it's him. him looking like a big pudgy doughboy is just what he looks like!!

it's the ideal male physique etc. etc.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

MourningView posted:

Jimmy Butler, who despite rumors you may have heard to the contrary works very hard, needed to get to the gym as quickly as possible to get up shots and only settled on a scooter after they refused to let him use a jet pack

this is canon

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

kingcobweb posted:

jokes aside jokic is a gym rat who spends his offseasons hanging out with his horses, so i doubt it's him. him looking like a big pudgy doughboy is just what he looks like!!
Then why does he start every single season slow and then ramp up his play as it gets going

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

What I'm hearing about Jim Butler is that he's a sloth. He's lazy. He hates the gym, and he simply doesn't like to compete.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's money pussy weed not money pussy gym

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

What I'm hearing about Jim Butler is that he's a sloth. He's lazy. He hates the gym, and he simply doesn't like to compete.

this is an outrageous accusation and it's a shame jimmy refuses to talk about how hard he works so he can't set the record straight

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
At some point Jimmy must have tried going to sleep at 7 p.m. and waking up at 2 a.m. like his best friend Mark Wahlberg does.

Too bad NBA games are so late!

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Redgrendel2001 posted:

hes gonna fulfill his front end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

this is an outrageous accusation and it's a shame jimmy refuses to talk about how hard he works so he can't set the record straight

I guess we'll just have to remain in the dark

Strawberry Panda posted:

At some point Jimmy must have tried going to sleep at 7 p.m. and waking up at 2 a.m. like his best friend Mark Wahlberg does.

Too bad NBA games are so late!

I had to sleep like that when I was working an early shift delivery job. It's cool but you have to watch tv shows and sports after they air

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I would pay an extra 1 dollar per month if ESPN would stop its NBA panellists from constantly shilling for Mark Jackson and Jason Kidd. Shut the gently caress up Perk

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Dejan Bimble posted:

I would pay an extra 1 dollar per month if ESPN would stop its NBA panellists from constantly shilling for Mark Jackson and Jason Kidd. Shut the gently caress up Perk

perkins is a fuckin idiot. his appearance on lowes pod is straight up embarrassing...so cringe i couldnt listen

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
What SVG really needs to make New Orleans work would be GM/Coach hybrid powers imho. Supreme control.
He's got an eye for personnel. One eye.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Someone asked about this not that long ago https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1319082021608509440?s=19

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's gone

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://mobile.twitter.com/NBACobwebs/status/1318914659207028737

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

No lie I used to do the LJ ball spin on free throws

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Markelle is watching this wondering why people gave him so much poo poo for his hitch

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT8nB39czIs

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/TopBallCoverage/status/1319061529547829248?s=20

I didn't realize them not playing here was a possibility but I probably should have. I do not like it at all.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
YUM!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone photoshop some sweatpants with YUM on the rear end on Lowry

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Starks posted:

https://twitter.com/TopBallCoverage/status/1319061529547829248?s=20

I didn't realize them not playing here was a possibility but I probably should have. I do not like it at all.

You're about to realize... a beating! From me! Prepare to die! Just kidding

The Canada issue seems to be serious. I think they'll figure it out, there's too much money involved to say no. But, it would be cool for kentucky to have an NBA team for a year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Canada issue seems to be serious. I think they'll figure it out, there's too much money involved to say no. But, it would be cool for kentucky to have an NBA team for a year.

Didn't get worked out in baseball.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Toronto_Blue_Jays_season

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

They did it for the blue jays (playing in Buffalo) and Toronto FC, our MLS team (playing in Hartford) which is why I said I should have seen it coming. :(

Edit: the NHL also did half their bubble in Toronto’s venue, so I imagine their 2021 plans come into play for this as well. They have seven Canadian teams so they’ll have to get creative.

Starks fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 22, 2020

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

it seriously makes sense on multiple levels that the NBA is treating the Covid situation like they did the Hurricane Katrina year. I wonder if there is an ownership group assembling in Kentucky.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Gerund posted:

it seriously makes sense on multiple levels that the NBA is treating the Covid situation like they did the Hurricane Katrina year. I wonder if there is an ownership group assembling in Kentucky.

They've been trying to lure a team for years and years, that's why the YUM!! Center exists

Barudak
May 7, 2007

An internet website told me the clippers plan to blow it all up and trade away Kawhi and Id just like to say, drat. thats a powerful meltdown over losing.

Id also like to begin unsupported rumors of Kawhi to [insert team name]

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Starks posted:

They did it for the blue jays (playing in Buffalo) and Toronto FC, our MLS team (playing in Hartford) which is why I said I should have seen it coming. :(

Edit: the NHL also did half their bubble in Toronto’s venue, so I imagine their 2021 plans come into play for this as well. They have seven Canadian teams so they’ll have to get creative.
The NHL bubble was purely in Canada as the other half was in Edmonton.

NHL rumours are a Canadian division that just plays each other. Barring a vaccine or super drastic changes, any Canadian government that allows back and forth travel for a sports team is just asking to get turfed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Barudak posted:

An internet website told me the clippers plan to blow it all up and trade away Kawhi and Id just like to say, drat. thats a powerful meltdown over losing.

Id also like to begin unsupported rumors of Kawhi to [insert team name]

I followed up and by that I mean I read a bunch of lovely articles and then looked at the Athletic source and it looks like an agent trying to steer clients somewhere else to me.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cavs baby

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i just wanna see my drat young Cavs again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008