Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
:siren:This is the fanart thread in which you post your fanart! If you are reading this then I am already mad that you haven't posted some fanart yet!:siren:

What do you want me to draw you a map or something? Get on it you bastards!

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Oct 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Now, I know the concept for this thread has many of you confused. Thankfully I have provided this handy FAQ to help clear things up.

Readingatwork's helpful fanart thread FAQ:

Q: But what is fanart?

A: Fanart is an ancient artform in which people draw things from their favorite franchises. The earliest examples go back to the year 25,000BC when cavemen and cavewomen would get excessively horny about the local fertility goddesses, eventually forcing the tribe elders to ban several of them from painting on the cave walls.

Q: But I don't make fanart. I make REAL art.

A: Liar. Everybody knows that all artists have a secret trove of lovingly rendered Fraggle Rock cast members that your spouse must never find. It's a scientific law. POST THAT SHAMEFUL SECRET I WANT TO SEE IT!

Q: But I suck!

A: So do I but you don't see that stopping me. Are you seriously saying you can't top Duck Goku?

Q: Are there any rules?

A: Yes. Keep it PG-13 and don't get us put on a federal watchlist. Other than that go ham. Please don't make me have to add more rules that would be lame.

Q: Can I post fetish art I made “ironically”?

A: Sure! Just be aware that if you're fetish doesn't exactly match up with those of one of our mods you'll probably get probated/banned depending on their mood.

Q: How do I know what fetishes the mods have?

A: Easy! You just post some fanart and if you don't get a sixer you now know what Sebmojo is into. Congratulations!

Q: Is fanfiction OK?

A: Sure, why not.

Q: I made a fanart but it's bad.

A: Post it anyways!

Q: No, its really bad.

A: *cocks shotgun* Are you really going to make me repeat myself? Now get out there and make something you'll regret finding a decade from now.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 12, 2020

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Fine, I'll start you cowards!

Here's a high quality Dipper Pines from saying his hit catch phrase:

And here's a Jojo reference:

Now you go!

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Oct 12, 2020

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Hades fanart courtesy of the goofy bears ending:

https://twitter.com/quokkapot/status/1313079344277852165

and KSBD fanart:

https://twitter.com/quokkapot/status/1310099538015858688

Do I get a special 'no longer a coward' star?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

coolusername posted:

Hades fanart courtesy of the goofy bears ending:

https://twitter.com/quokkapot/status/1313079344277852165

and KSBD fanart:

https://twitter.com/quokkapot/status/1310099538015858688

Do I get a special 'no longer a coward' star?

Yes! As the first person to post fanart you are officially the best SA poster (in my eyes). Congrats!

Also Zagreus owns. I hope more people post him.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh nice; most of my junk is fanart

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1258036727060422656

Also, for Tarotober, I've been posting a bunch of one hour fanarts to my Twitter that I've not been sharing around here because I didn't want to spam the drawing thread with a bunch of stuff that I'm not as happy with as my other work, but I'll probably compile them into a single scaled down image once I'm done

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1314880513006419968

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Oh, good, people have posted good fanart? Now I can post some shitposty garbage!

Long story short: I read bad fanfiction as a hobby/personal problem, and the one I'm on now is a doozy. As a way of sharing this masterwork, clearly it's time to create the fanart it deserves.

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
I don't know why I'm asking but why does Ness need to keep such a low profile?

Doing a bit of 'linktober' instead of inktober but I'm also kind of bad at the one a day thing. Here's for the prompt mask which was some days ago I think. It's referenced from the game art so it's as low effort as can be!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

bones 4 beginners posted:

I don't know why I'm asking but why does Ness need to keep such a low profile?

He's gone into seclusion/some kind of weird fugue state after some interpersonal drama. Further interpersonal drama ensues, leading to the following amazing paragraph:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Cool, I have quite a few:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I’ve been trying to get back in to doing art after too many years of slacking off. Here’s some poo poo I drew recently from Breath of the Wild to try to practice a bit:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Dayum! That's some good poo poo and we're less than 8 hours in.

Antivehicular posted:

He's gone into seclusion/some kind of weird fugue state after some interpersonal drama. Further interpersonal drama ensues, leading to the following amazing paragraph:

LMAO it's like thew narrator itself is having trouble wrapping his head around how weird that sentence is.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I'm enjoying the thread! To contribute: I don't think I realized it until just now, but I think my "Kaiju in Austin" lino prints are fanart? Probably counts as fanart of both the monsters and this silly town.

Anyway, I've posted these before in other threads:

Godzilla on Sixth street:

King Kong on Frost Tower:

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man on Congress avenue:

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

I suppose this counts as bugsnax fanart.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Trabant posted:

I'm enjoying the thread! To contribute: I don't think I realized it until just now, but I think my "Kaiju in Austin" lino prints are fanart? Probably counts as fanart of both the monsters and this silly town.

Anyway, I've posted these before in other threads:

Godzilla on Sixth street:

King Kong on Frost Tower:

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man on Congress avenue:

I saw those in the Austin thread, and they're still great. Frost Tower really is custom-made to be a kaiju film setpiece, along with that condo building downtown that suddenly and weirdly narrows for one floor at the center -- I've never been able to picture it as anything other than the building that's going to break in half when Mechagodzilla gets thrown into it.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

syntaxrigger posted:

I suppose this counts as bugsnax fanart.

I love this. It’s making me want to go grab some clay and make my own figures.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

I have been enjoying it. :)

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Antivehicular posted:

I saw those in the Austin thread, and they're still great. Frost Tower really is custom-made to be a kaiju film setpiece, along with that condo building downtown that suddenly and weirdly narrows for one floor at the center -- I've never been able to picture it as anything other than the building that's going to break in half when Mechagodzilla gets thrown into it.

:tipshat: Thanks!

Not sure which building narrows for just one floor (The Independent jengas itself into a fragile-looking shape too) but yeah -- there are a handful of spots around town which are just perfect staging grounds for a kaiju attack. If I'm honest, Sixth and Congress aren't truly like that, but I just happen to think those stretches are neat/recognizable. Plus I got to put Easter eggs in the marquees of The Ritz and Paramount :v:

I think the Kraken (1981), Ghidorah (1964), and the 50-foot Woman (1958) are next. Thinking of putting the Kraken in Town Lake, Ghidorah on the old Seaholm power plant, and the 50-foot Woman over the Capitol. I'm playing real loose with scale.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Apart from a couple of Saint Seiya doodles back in my teens and a Henry Hoover OC for an art-dome, I have never drawn any fan art; do I need to try?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Angrymog posted:

Apart from a couple of Saint Seiya doodles back in my teens and a Henry Hoover OC for an art-dome, I have never drawn any fan art; do I need to try?

In my completely unbiased opinion: Yes

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
I have a few fanarts!

Batman

Star Wars

Moby Dick

The Adventure Zone

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Ghostbusters

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

gmc9987 posted:

Moby Dick

Man I did not expect to see Moby Dick fanart when I clicked this thread. That is excellent

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

gmc9987 posted:

Star Wars

This one. :discourse:

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

I mean looking back at it the whole post is loving excellent, so many different styles on display from the same artist. Well done!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Amazing! Especially love Batman on skates and Moby Dick.

Remembered a couple of my things which most likely count:

A lino print based on a photo from a staging of King Lear (my favourite play):

Something which will eventually also become a lino print but for now is just a key block sketch... I'm simply not yet good enough at this poo poo for a multi-block attempt :negative:

Guess what it's fanart of and win absolutely nothing but my love. Or just mouse over and/or click here: Erasure's Always

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
I feel like this qualifies:

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

I have some, most of them were posted in the daily doodles thread already.

Evil Dead

Dog Boy

Braindead/Dead Alive

Amelie

Columbo

Hellraiser

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
^^^These are all really good!

Somebody name a cartoon character. I need to do some warmups tonight.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
I realize I'm answering this post a day late but in case you have been sitting there waiting for a response for the last 24 hours: Kaneda's motorcycle. Bojack horseman. Milo from Atlantis. Noi from Dorohedoro. Tuca.

Also thanks for the kind words, everyone! That fan art was collected from several years of drawing so there's a bit of variation in the styles.

EDIT: I found a couple more.

gmc9987 fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 22, 2020

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

readingatwork posted:

^^^These are all really good!

Somebody name a cartoon character. I need to do some warmups tonight.

Let's go classic. Bugs Bunny.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

gmc9987 posted:

I realize I'm answering this post a day late but in case you have been sitting there waiting for a response for the last 24 hours: Kaneda's motorcycle. Bojack horseman. Milo from Atlantis. Noi from Dorohedoro. Tuca.

Angrymog posted:

Let's go classic. Bugs Bunny.

Too late! I'm doing classic movie monsters now. I'll keep these suggestions in my back pocket for next time though.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

readingatwork posted:

Too late! I'm doing classic movie monsters now.

Given my own proclivities itt, I'm very interested in seeing this.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Well, this is what I was doing all month. Every single one is fanart.

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1320322667358998528

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
This is technically fanart so I'm posting it here. I tried to see if I could make something believable as a screenshot from a cartoon and... I don't really think I succeeded. It turns out that the simple CN aesthetic is deceptively hard to reproduce.

Oh well, I tried! Onward to the next thing.

E: Also, because I'm insane I've already basically written a character bible in my head about these characters, their backgrounds, and how they relate to each other despite only having known I was going to do this on Thursday. CN if you're listening please let me make this into a pilot for you!

E2: Bonus closed captioned version:

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 25, 2020

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I make a lot of Not Another D&D Podcast fan art. Like...a lot.

Here's some of it:

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
I'm trying to learn animation.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

readingatwork posted:

This is technically fanart so I'm posting it here. I tried to see if I could make something believable as a screenshot from a cartoon and... I don't really think I succeeded. It turns out that the simple CN aesthetic is deceptively hard to reproduce.

Oh well, I tried! Onward to the next thing.

E: Also, because I'm insane I've already basically written a character bible in my head about these characters, their backgrounds, and how they relate to each other despite only having known I was going to do this on Thursday. CN if you're listening please let me make this into a pilot for you!

E2: Bonus closed captioned version:
fake screenshots are rad!

I attempted to do Inktober in 2018. I completed one day. It's a copy of a screenshot from Doom and the perspective is allllll kinds of hosed up but I still like it.

edit: yikes I don't remember that pic being so blurry

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Mola Ram, Mola Ram...

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1324695564609466370

nobody is gonna appreciate this because the intersection of fans is probably like, a few dozen people in the world BUT WHATEVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I was working on making a cookie based character for a client and decided to make him into a Pac-Man for myself.