Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

PhazonLink posted:

doesnt Rudy have a gang of cliton hating FBIers in NY? assuming he still has a gang inside the FBI, the fact he couldnt get anyone to make noise with it seems to be lol

Among the problems with that is that Clinton isn't running now so anything blowing up Joe Biden has zero effect on her. Also, the Federal Bureau of Investigation is no longer J. Edgar Hoover's personal mafia. It's transitioned fairly well into a profession investigative government agency that is proud of its collective reputation and has absolutely no desire to flush that down the Trump shitter because of Giulinani.

Any of Ruby's "gang" attempting to go against that would get stomped hard by the rest of the agency.

Plus, institutional memory is a thing. The FBI remembers that it was Comey's letter in 2016 that probably tipped the balance against Hillary and they have, again, no desire to be the focus of that kind of bullshit again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

socialsecurity posted:

They've done this several times release innocent looking stuff then seed fake poo poo to frame people inside it. This has been pointed out to you directly several times but you still pretend otherwise.

If it's not authentic, how come he keeps posting that it must be authentic, in this thread, over and over again without any evidence? And why does he ignore the many examples of forged/altered emails in other major Russian hacks?

:iiam:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

selec posted:

This is partially why I lean towards the content being authentic; if you’re just going to make up stuff, why is it this bland?
It is thought that they did legitimately get access to Hunter Biden's iCLoud or whatever which is why they had all the heartwarming photos and texts. This is the part where they introduce the bullshit.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Did I suddenly age or did Twitter imbeds get way smaller?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Nobody can fake text, that's just not possible! */sarcasm*

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

The WSJ story Trump was talking about is now live. It's an opinion piece, so they're basically just trying to launder the story through the WSJ name.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-biden-family-legacy-11603409528

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Should have just used Wikileaks again

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CommieGIR posted:

Nobody can fake text, that's just not possible! */sarcasm*

I mean, has anyone said it's fake? This is a pretty pathetic 'scandal' without more proof but it's real weird to hear people say 'it must be fake' when the people involved aren't even saying that.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Guze posted:

Should have just used Wikileaks again

turns out you shouldn't have tried to arrest the rapist who was trying to avoid his rape crimes for fake crimes

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I love how they’re not even trying to give their BS Huntergate a minimum of believability by having it publicly removed from the Trump campaign.

Even if buttermails was a overblown idiot thing of a scandal, the thing that really sealed the deal back in 2016 was when Comey did his thing; while lovely and biased, he wasn’t working for Trump and in hindsight has shown no indications of being his loyal fixer.

How can they expect anyone to believe this whole circus when they, and their lapdogs on twitter, are the only ones bringing receipts, never mind that the receipts are written in Nigerian Prince speech?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Dear Joe Biden -

When Trump drops this on you tonight, you can respond "So we're skipping the investigation part and going straight to the sentencing? I prefer Law and Order, myself" and then take off your sunglasses

You're welcome

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

This Tony guy owes 600gs to China. loving hell they're bad at this.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, has anyone said it's fake? This is a pretty pathetic 'scandal' without more proof but it's real weird to hear people say 'it must be fake' when the people involved aren't even saying that.

Given the unbelievably suspect provenance of this and the even more suspect and/or unknown supposed chain of custody of any of this and particularly that the latest stuff is being leaked without any header or metadata (in addition to the russian cellphone network stuff), people probably feel like the burden of proof is 99% on one side in this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Medullah posted:

Dear Joe Biden -

When Trump drops this on you tonight, you can respond "So we're skipping the investigation part and going straight to the sentencing? I prefer Law and Order, myself" and then take off your sunglasses

You're welcome

That's CSI Miami

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

Why even bother legitimizing it? The whole pig-fucker denial strategy goes out the window when the accusers are widely acknowledged for being pathological liars.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
I mean, pretending that we should just ignore this entire story and slap a "disinformation" label on it is certainly the easy way out, but it doesn't seem the likeliest situation. A lot of you seem to be conflating hacking and disinformation (two different things) into one big category of dismissal, and that's just not how it works. It's pretty drat likely to me Hunter was hacked or dumb enough to leave a laptop with some random dude and forget about it, or literally both. The dude has issues. The Burisma stuff faded quickly since it's clearly built on the Shokin conspiracy that's already been disproven. The China stuff is new. A text saying "Don't mention Joe being involved" is going to come off as incriminating to some extent even if it's nothing and leads to absolutely nothing. Note, that text was between Gilliar and Bobulinski and willingly turned over by Bobulinski, it's not from a hack or from the laptop, but from Hunters former business partners.

Stuff from that WSJ editorial:

"Mr. Gilliar explains in a December 2015 text that there will be a deal between the Chinese and “one of the most prominent families from the U.S.” A month later he introduces Rob Walker, also “a partner of Biden.” In March 2016, Mr. Gilliar tells Mr. Bobulinski the Chinese entity is CEFC, which is shaping up to be “the Goldmans of China.” Mr. Gilliar promises that same month to “develop” the terms of a deal “with hunter.” Note that in 2015-16, Joe Biden was still vice president."

Arkage fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 23, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Phoix posted:

The WSJ story Trump was talking about is now live. It's an opinion piece, so they're basically just trying to launder the story through the WSJ name.

Kim Strassel has spent the last 4 years bemoaning how Michael Flynn is a patriot and perfectly innocent, Carter Page was set up and is innocent, Burisma is a totally real scandal, and Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize

it's extremely funny she was the closest thing to a real journalist they could get, even at a Murdoch paper

Arkage posted:

I mean, pretending that we should just ignore this entire story and slap a "disinformation" label on it is certainly the easy way out, but it doesn't seem the likeliest situation.

you do not, actually, "gotta hand it to them"

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Watch this if just for Bobolink's breathless, tense, half-shouted delivery of a prepared statement followed by a refusal to answer questions. After watching it I can state with great confidence that I have no idea what crime was committed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiiSq7toqlQ

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Potato Salad posted:

Holy poo poo, it's the loving Russians.

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1319395897843863553?s=19

Oh my loving God. Two weeks to go and there's the smoking gun.

:vince: This is like a punchline out of a Donald Duck comic strip. Beagle Boys-level operation all around.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 23, 2020

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

sexpig by night posted:

You may be familiar with quote attributed to LBJ, "I know it's not true, but let's make the son-of-a-bitch deny it!" The only thing that formally saying "no this is fake" would do is make it a story that the real networks have to cover, because now there are two sides for them to "both sides". It's the "have you stopped beating your wife yet?" situation, there's no reason to accept their framing or do anything to try to show that it's fake because how exactly is he supposed to prove that isn't his email address or that the laptop (which no one has even seen) isn't his?

Edit: If selec, sexpig or arkage could outline what they would accept as evidence this is fake, that would speed this process up substantially. Who or what could present evidence that this isn't real? What form does that evidence need to take? Do you think that said evidence could be produced within the next couple of days, before much more voting happens? Do you think that this situation is worth addressing rather than any other issue relating to the campaign?

BougieBitch fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 23, 2020

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/judiciarygop/status/1318963845076029441?s=21

lol

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Arkage posted:

I mean, pretending that we should just ignore this entire story and slap a "disinformation" label on it is certainly the easy way out, but it doesn't seem the likeliest situation. A lot of you seem to be conflating hacking and disinformation (two different things) into one big category of dismissal, and that's just not how it works. It's pretty drat likely to me Hunter was hacked or dumb enough to leave a laptop with some random dude and forget about it, or literally both. The dude has issues. The Burisma stuff faded quickly since it's clearly built on the Shokin conspiracy that's already been disproven. The China stuff is new. A text saying "Don't mention Joe being involved" is going to come off as incriminating to some extent even if it's nothing and leads to absolutely nothing. Note, that text was between Gilliar and Bobulinski and willingly turned over by Bobulinski, it's not from a hack or from the laptop, but from Hunters former business partners.

Even if it's true it's utterly irrelevant to anything and not in the least bit scandalous. Why are you so intently whatabouting this?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Arkage posted:

Uh, Tony Baloney wasn't a business partner at all though dude? His statement was "he was on an email chain one time"

How are goons so easily falling for a Rudy scheme hatched straight out of Burn After Reading?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"Damnit twitter let me spread false information already!"

TulliusCicero posted:

Uh, Tony Baloney wasn't a business partner at all though dude? His statement was "he was on an email chain one time"

How are goons so easily falling for a Rudy scheme hatched straight out of Burn After Reading?

To own the libs, obv.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Wilbur Swain posted:

Watch this if just for Bobolink's breathless, tense, half-shouted delivery of a prepared statement followed by a refusal to answer questions. After watching it I can state with great confidence that I have no idea what crime was committed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiiSq7toqlQ

This feels a lot like that Wohl/Burkman stunt a few years (?) back when Burkman's fly was down. They look like they're lecturing a near-empty conference room in a Holiday Inn that Hunter is a crook.

Everything about this reeks of desperation.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Phoix posted:

Lmfao they couldn’t publish outside of an op-Ed because they can’t verify it themselves (it’s all bullshit).

Cowards, and Murdoch is pathetic using all of his media assets to push this story to help....Trump.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Borat 2 is up on Amazon. I am watching it right now and it is already gold.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

this is barely Infowars level filler material for conspiracies

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

selec posted:

This is partially why I lean towards the content being authentic; if you’re just going to make up stuff, why is it this bland?
Virtually every disinformation campaign involves blending authentic and fabricated information, authentic information being presented in a misleading fashion, and outright barking-at-the-moon crazy poo poo nobody in their right mind is going to believe.

The thing you're doing right now--where you're thinking well, maybe there's something there--even if it isn't exactly the most crazy thing being suggested...but something--that's it. That's the goal of the disinformation campaign. Because they're not trying to get anyone arrested, they're not on some crusade for justice or something. They're trying to make the news cycle about what Biden may or may not have done, and to muddy the waters enough so that as many people as possible end up throwing up their hands and deciding that it's impossible to know anything for sure.

Motherfucker literally went on Fox and announced he was going to Ukraine to dig up dirt on the Bidens. Then he went and met with a bunch of Russian assets. And now he's saying he has dirt on the Bidens. There's no mystery here. There's nothing to figure out. It is as obvious an effort at disinformation as can be imagined.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

Because they hate the libs so hard they constantly believe anything Trump says about them, this isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This feels a lot like that Wohl/Burkman stunt a few years (?) back when Burkman's fly was down. They look like they're lecturing a near-empty conference room in a Holiday Inn that Hunter is a crook.

Also in the same category, Joe Arpaio's press conference presenting "proof" that Obama's birth certificate was forged. There's something in the delivery. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

its because it is. this isnt the best and brightest of the GOP ghoul fixer class on this campaign. its loving rudy and whatever shady outfit that stole the poo poo for him and now they are picking this dipshit to stab some guy he vaguely knew in the back in some vague hope it works. if they had real poo poo. they would have dumped in in june or earlier. or hell dumped it before super tuesday.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:hmbol:

for those who don't know: this is apparently a new Twitter thing that has nothing to do with the content or veracity of the linked article. Twitter just notices that people like to retweet without actually clicking through & reading articles. The House Judiciary GOP isn't being censored, they just didn't actually read the article at least not on that account.

e: added source, which cites other people who got irrationally angry at something they didn't read, standing in the way of their retweeting

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 23, 2020

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

TulliusCicero posted:

"Mr. Bobulinski’s text messages show he was recruited for the project by James Gilliar, a Hunter associate. Mr. Gilliar explains in a December 2015 text that there will be a deal between the Chinese and “one of the most prominent families from the U.S.” A month later he introduces Rob Walker, also “a partner of Biden.” In March 2016, Mr. Gilliar tells Mr. Bobulinski the Chinese entity is CEFC, which is shaping up to be “the Goldmans of China.” Mr. Gilliar promises that same month to “develop” the terms of a deal “with hunter.” Note that in 2015-16, Joe Biden was still vice president." WSJ editorial. Sure seems like a business partner. (I don't have a sub so I can't read the whole thing, meh.)

The deal didn't actually take place until 2017ish though, as pointed out earlier, so it's probably all technically legal, just run of the mill shady capitalism stuff. By 'not a good look,' I mean has potential to harm Biden w/swings and moderates, which we definitely don't want to happen. Biden had better have practiced his counters on this topic for the debate because god knows it's probably all Trump is going to talk about the whole time.

Arkage fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 23, 2020

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

i just watched the rudy scene.

there is no question he's masturbating.

its really, really gross.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Angry_Ed posted:

"Damnit twitter let me spread false information already!"

To own the libs, obv.

For those that don't know, that twitter "Warning Label" shows up for everyone all the time now, presumably to keep people from embarassing themselves in a retweet. Though it is hilarious to peek inside the right wing sphere when "Jim Jordan independently verifies emails" is something that anyone takes seriously, and that absolutely should get itself moderated out of existence.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

Why are they images? Probably because they are trying to hide any forensic data embedded in the actual texts that could be used to figure out who the sender and receiver are or when and where they were sent.

If they were legitimate then why do that?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

We need to arrest Helvetica asap, loving commies.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Arkage posted:

"Mr. Bobulinski’s text messages show he was recruited for the project by James Gilliar, a Hunter associate. Mr. Gilliar explains in a December 2015 text that there will be a deal between the Chinese and “one of the most prominent families from the U.S.” A month later he introduces Rob Walker, also “a partner of Biden.” In March 2016, Mr. Gilliar tells Mr. Bobulinski the Chinese entity is CEFC, which is shaping up to be “the Goldmans of China.” Mr. Gilliar promises that same month to “develop” the terms of a deal “with hunter.” Note that in 2015-16, Joe Biden was still vice president." WSJ editorial. Sure seems like a business partner.

I don't have a sub so I can't read the whole thing, meh.

You would think if there was any evidence that Joe Biden did something improper, Ron Jonhson's multi-million dollar investigation after the impeachment vote would have found it - especially as it took place after Rudy already got in trouble digging for dirt on Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

I don't think you're really being fair here. None of the harebrained schemes in Burn After Reading are nearly as stupid as this one.