Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What the gently caress loser parties are people using their tvs to play music at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What the gently caress loser parties are people using their tvs to play music at?

cool ones

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just lol if you don't have milkdrop visualizers and clips of blinking eyeballs and abstract shapes on like 60 TVs at your parties

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

Just lol if you don't have milkdrop visualizers and clips of blinking eyeballs and abstract shapes on like 60 TVs at your parties

iTunes visualizer baybeee

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I use the in-TV app to listen to Spotify sometimes, it's hooked up to the best sound system in my apartment. I truly hate that it doesn't have a visualizer

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just use my google mini home I got for free, it's listening to me being a sexhaver anyways, I can just yell at it across the room :smugdog:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My dad bought me this thing called a Brennan B2 and it's basically just a 2TB harddrive with an hdmi out and playback controls and he kindly preloaded it with his 60,000+ song collection and I thought it would be great for hosting parties and such but I have had it for 2 years and have hosted 0 parties in that time. In fact the only time I've used it is when the in laws come round and I put it on the play the few Fado albums I've got on there :shrug:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't listen to music

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

univbee posted:

Oh huh. I hadn't previously realized that, looking down at the DualSense charging dock, it's got a similar motif to the PS5 itself (popped white collar, creamy black middle)

PS5 may be ugly, but at least it’s _consistently_ ugly

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

univbee posted:

It will likely have everything on the disc other than the pre-order skins. Previously the Aftermath Kollection release on PS4 had everything on disc except for some of the skins, that edition was distributed on 2 discs to account for the game having gone past 50 gigs by that point.

nice!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Has there been any official confirmation from CDPR that PS4 save files played in BC on PS5 will be compatible when they make their PS5 version next year?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Fix posted:

Has there been any official confirmation from CDPR that PS4 save files played in BC on PS5 will be compatible when they make their PS5 version next year?

Nah, I don't think they've said anything about PS5 and XSX versions except that they are working on it and it'll come out at some point.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When I’ve had parties the TV usually has Off the Air on. Once it was all the Shrek movies in a row

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

il serpente cosmico posted:

Nah, I don't think they've said anything about PS5 and XSX versions except that they are working on it and it'll come out at some point.

Literally all they've said on that front is 2021.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The best viewing party is always going to be playing The Big Lebowski drinking game where you all drink 5 White Russians and smoke 2 joints (and maybe 2 hits of LSD during the dream sequences if you’re extra cool) but barring that just lol if you don’t blast JOCK JAMS at every social gathering

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

If I want to wait for the 2nd batch of production models, after they've worked out the kinks, how long of a wait am I looking at? I've never been one to jump on the first generation consoles, as you're basically paying them to test out hardware on their behalf and endure all types of failures. I learned from the red ring of death. I know better.

Almost any college party that ever existed?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Likely a year or more, unless the launch version has major issues

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

haveblue posted:

Likely a year or more, unless the launch version has major issues

Sounds like I won't get to play Harry Potter for a long long time then. I refuse to do it. I've been burned too many times before.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
That might be one of the lamest reasons to not play a harry potter game, but welcome to the resistance either way

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bioshuffle posted:

If I want to wait for the 2nd batch of production models, after they've worked out the kinks, how long of a wait am I looking at? I've never been one to jump on the first generation consoles, as you're basically paying them to test out hardware on their behalf and endure all types of failures. I learned from the red ring of death. I know better.

The 360 was the only console with major problems and they fixed them for free for years? You're just as likely to have a fault on the second batch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The white destiny ps4 was one of the most notorious for disc eject issues.

You arent really safe from design blunders until a slim model but like a ps5de is going to have one moving part in the whole co sole so its probably gonna be fine even past warranty

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

I think I've made a blunder. When I said 2nd batch, I didn't mean the second generation with active upgrades. I just meant the second batch of production, wherein they've worked out some issues that may have been missed during quality control testing.

I still won't be pre-ordering, but I'm assuming any issues will be worked out a few months in.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bioshuffle posted:

I think I've made a blunder. When I said 2nd batch, I didn't mean the second generation with active upgrades. I just meant the second batch of production, wherein they've worked out some issues that may have been missed during quality control testing.

I still won't be pre-ordering, but I'm assuming any issues will be worked out a few months in.

Yeah probably the first year still. They’ve ramped up production for that first year so we probably wouldn’t see any real changes.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah probably the first year still. They’ve ramped up production for that first year so we probably wouldn’t see any real changes.
Yeah, I didn't bat an eye at the year estimate due to Corona related production issues, but realized people may have thought I was referring to version 2.0.

I'm definitely ready though. I got a 120hz 4k television, a router that can do WiFi 6, and picked out a TV console to match the PS5 aesthetic.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bioshuffle posted:

Having gone to college in the 80s, and having attended far too many parties during that time, lol.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Bioshuffle posted:

The 360 was notoriously failure prone because MS rushed it to market with very little QA. They made everything fit into their form-factor, rather than fitting the form factor around the necessary components. It had terrible heat problems.

MS did this because the OG Xbox was ruthlessly mocked for its form-factor, and they were desperate to beat Sony to market. They cut all kinds of corners and had an astronomical failure rate because of it.

These machines have been in the works for much longer, and careful planning has gone into their cooling solutions and general layout. Of course some of them will fail, but there is no reason to think they'll anything close to the cluster gently caress that was the 360.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Microsoft is deathly afraid of another RROD situation.

And while the insides of the PS4 consoles were dust magnets and became known for sounding like jet engines after a while, they at least never did melt the CPU.

The worst I had was my launch PS4 overheat and shut down a couple times when playing Doom 2016 and Witcher 3. I opened it up and dusted it out and it worked fine. But then I bought a PS4 Pro like a month later, lmao.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like that the ps5 has ports specifically for you to vacuum

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Microsoft is deathly afraid of another RROD situation.

And while the insides of the PS4 consoles were dust magnets and became known for sounding like jet engines after a while, they at least never did melt the CPU.

The worst I had was my launch PS4 overheat and shut down a couple times when playing Doom 2016 and Witcher 3. I opened it up and dusted it out and it worked fine. But then I bought a PS4 Pro like a month later, lmao.

I think there's a potential risk of the Series X having heating issues, simply because it's built to force air out through one side and clearly intended to be set up vertically. I really doubt anything will happen having it on its side, but designers have built to their ideal use cases instead of real-world ones before.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Lumpy posted:

Having gone to college in the 80s, and having attended far too many parties during that time, lol.

yeah dude you can safely assume that when people are talking about college parties they are not talking about college parties from 30 years ago

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think there's a potential risk of the Series X having heating issues, simply because it's built to force air out through one side and clearly intended to be set up vertically. I really doubt anything will happen having it on its side, but designers have built to their ideal use cases instead of real-world ones before.

a fan is many times more effective at pushing air than the chimney effect of hot air rising due to being less dense. it should be totally fine on its side as long as its not blocked

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KingSlime posted:

yeah dude you can safely assume that when people are talking about college parties they are not talking about college parties from 30 years ago

people at college in the 80s would have thought the ps5 was cool as poo poo tho

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think immortals fenyx rising looks good and I'll be playing it on my ps5

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

that's the worst name for a video game I've ever heard. it's the joey joe joe shabadoo of video game names

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Pretty sure Immortal Fenyx was a character in Image Comics in the mid 90s.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Missed a real opportunity not going with Ryzing there. Z's make things realer

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
e:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Pretty sure Immortal Fenyx was a character in Image Comics in the mid 90s.

oh no kidding? wheres The Flaming Carrot/Mystery Men game I've been after since 99

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think immortals fenyx rising looks good and I'll be playing it on my ps5

It looks way better than asscreed like the combat doesnt have so much input delay and the animations are quicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MechaSeinfeld posted:

that's the worst name for a video game I've ever heard. it's the joey joe joe shabadoo of video game names

The original title was a much more normal "Gods and Monsters", and if you read the Wikipedia page on its development, the whole thing screams "Management and Marketing hosed with this".