Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Welcome to Brockton Bay!

The city most infamous for the biggest parahuman density per square mile, Brockton Bay is never quiet. There's always a fight between superpowered gang leaders, the police, mercenaries or who- (or even what-)ever else had been dragged into this hellhole.

You're in the middle of it. Have fun.

Basic information:

Days will be 48-72 hours in length. Nights will be roughly 24 hours. These are flexible based on when I want to be up and doing things.
This is a role madness game is for 17 people.
We’ll be using Discord to manage everything, so please make sure you have access to those for the game. https://discord.gg/hq8ug6V
Alignment changes are not part of this game.

General Mafia Rules (That have been stolen from Natural 20 who stole them from Somberero):

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.
2. For the lurker mechanic for this game, the top poster will receive a free lurker vig at the bottom-most player that had less than 10 posts per day that comes within 2 hours of finishing. If there are more than one, the second highest poster will receive one aimed at the second lowest, etc.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll send you a PM to a Dead doc if you want to chat poo poo.
5. Feel free to post after the hammer/during twilight about non-game stuff.
6. Flavour is flavour, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want. However, scum are backed by elaborate fakeclaims. Additionally whilst I try to retain flavour justification for many abilities, they will not always match expectations.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
9. Don't fake day actions.
10. If you are affected by a Day Action, do not post under any circumstances until I post the result of the Action. Everyone else is good to keep going.

A note about result language:

1. A result that successfully targets will yield the result. "You successfully x your target"
2. A result that does not successfully target will yield the result. "Your action fails."
3. If a player name is ever mentioned as part of a result other than those that require it, this is a mod error.
4. A "successful" target is defined as an ability resolving on someone. This does not have to be the intended target, so a redirected result will yield the same language as a result that has not been redirected.

Signups:

1. A Sometimes Food
  2. Amnistar (He/Him)
  3. b-minus1
  4. Bifauxnen (she/her but I don't care if you gently caress it up )
  5. Dick Bastardly
  6. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  7. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  8. ObamaAkbar.
  9. Referee (He/him)
  10. SalTheBard (He and / or Them)
  11. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  12. Scientastic (he/him)
  13. sirtommygunn
  14. SolusLunes
  15. t a s t e
  16. tithin
  17. Tommunist

Replacements:

[*]JOHN CENA (his)

-

Observers:

Podima
Sub Rosa

:rip:Graveyard: :rip:

Mr. Humalong, Chariot (Town-Aligned Nexus/Death Delayer) was sent to the Birdcage Day 1!
Scientastic, Kid Cassandra (Town-Aligned Prophet) was hospitalized Night 1.
SolusLunes, Kid Win (Town-Aligned Tracker) was sent to Birdcage Day 2!
JOHN CENA, Parian (Self-Aligned Survivor) was hospitalized Night 2.
A Sometimes Food, Hellhound (Scum-Aligned Busdriver) was sent to the Birdcage Day 3.
t a s t e, Glory Girl (Town-Aligned Bulletproof) was hospitalized Night 3.
Tommunist, Grue (Scum-Aligned Jailor) was hospitalized Night 3.
Dick Bastardly, Tattletale (Scum-Aligned Rolecop) was sent to the Birdcage Day 4.
Hal Incandenza, Panacea (Town-Aligned Doctor) was hospitalized Night 4.
sirtommygunn, Aegis (Town-Aligned Bodyguard) was hospitalized Night 4.
b-minus1, Imp (Scum-Aligned Ninja/Ascetic/Self-Voyeur) was sent to the Birdcage Day 5.
Amnistar, Skitter (Scum-Aligned Watcher/Messenger) was sent to the Birdcage Day 6.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Remind me what role madness is again? No vanilla townies/scum?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Oh gently caress yeah. I love worm.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Remind me what role madness is again? No vanilla townies/scum?

that is correct. Everyone has a power of some kind.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I'm in. I've never read this, is it good?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hell yeah

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm definitely gonna at least watch this one. Might actually play, but I'm still making up my mind so consider this a half-signup

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Scientastic posted:

I'm in. I've never read this, is it good?

I liked it a lot, personally. The setting is pretty cool, being a bit more "realistic" of a superhero setting (exploring the effects on economy and politics and such) but it gets kind of grimdark later on. Also has a very active fanfic community if you're into that kind of thing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

I liked it a lot, personally. The setting is pretty cool, being a bit more "realistic" of a superhero setting (exploring the effects on economy and politics and such) but it gets kind of grimdark later on. Also has a very active fanfic community if you're into that kind of thing.

If nothing else I will read this now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Actually gently caress it, I'm in, Yami has just informed me that me and Amni are apparently Accord Buddies so can't leave him hanging

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually gently caress it, I'm in, Yami has just informed me that me and Amni are apparently Accord Buddies so can't leave him hanging

Yes. Accord and The Elite need more love.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh well ok fine then, I am here to turbo any Sand people ASAP

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm in

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh well ok fine then, I am here to turbo any Sand people ASAP

wtf Yami ban this sick filth

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm definitely gonna at least watch this one. Might actually play, but I'm still making up my mind so consider this a half-signup

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFLA2rW3WBc

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also please make me cult recruiter Echidna.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I suppose cult recruiter is one way to think of her

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

Yes. Accord and The Elite need more love.

Has anyone made an ungodly huge AU fanfic yet where he gets to solve world hunger and all

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’m ready to be confused 100% of the time, sign me up!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tithin posted:

I suppose cult recruiter is one way to think of her

From a mafia role standpoint I think it makes perfect sense! :)

Bifauxnen posted:

Has anyone made an ungodly huge AU fanfic yet where he gets to solve world hunger and all

Umm...not that I can think of. I think Security might have them using accord's plans? SI fix-it fics are probably most likely for that kind of thing.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Is there a discord I need to join

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

Is there a discord I need to join

https://discord.gg/hq8ug6V

yes, actually. Thanks for reminding me.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

yeah okay I'll play

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Observer plz

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

So I started reading this and love it. I’m assuming playing in this game would give me spoilers, though?

Not sure how long the book is, but put me as a replacement for now and if I finish reading while signups are still open, I’ll move over.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Referee posted:

So I started reading this and love it. I’m assuming playing in this game would give me spoilers, though?

Not sure how long the book is, but put me as a replacement for now and if I finish reading while signups are still open, I’ll move over.

lol, prepare yourself

Also I would like to play.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Referee posted:

yes. This entire setting is basically spoilers :D

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

yes. This entire setting is basically spoilers :D

Guess I better get to reading then

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Humalong posted:

lol, prepare yourself

I just checked the table of contents. I better pack a lunch.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i am going to win

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wait what book do I need to read now

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I tried to find it on Amazon, but it’s some sort of e-book...

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

That made me sound quite old

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I also don’t want to read an ebook, so what do I do Sci

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Futilely scream “NEEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDS” into the ether while progress passes us by?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You’ve convinced me

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Referee posted:

I just checked the table of contents. I better pack a lunch.

I tried to make it as spoiler free as possible. You'll be lacking pretty much all of the story context so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Yami Fenrir posted:

I tried to make it as spoiler free as possible. You'll be lacking pretty much all of the story context so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

I’m up to 5.1 so far. This book is extremely my poo poo.