Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Ror posted:

Graham Linehan, famous for turning his refusal to apologize for a transphobic joke in his TV show into full-blown raging mental illness TERFdom that eventually led to his permanent ban from twitter.
Don't forget destroying his marriage and career in the process!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Ror posted:

Graham Linehan, famous for turning his refusal to apologize for a transphobic joke in his TV show into full-blown raging mental illness TERFdom that eventually led to his permanent ban from twitter.

This doesn't really encompass the sheer scope and single mindedness of his frothing hate. He spent nearly 16 hours a day obsessively searching for trans people to threaten and organize pile-ons. You could tell when the sun was up in the UK because he was posting insane bile. It lasted like that until he eventually tired himself out. He would purposely seek out smaller accounts or post screenshots of supposedly trans accounts that only existed a couple of days.

This didn't simply extend to trans folks, this harassment campaign also extended to anyone who didn't hate trans people properly. Mostly women, which he would rabidly attack while claiming to defend women???

He recently got divorced and it's not hard to read between the lines that his fixation was a major cause. Anyways, it's hard to overstate what a patheticly deranged creep he is. He was just another part of being trans online for most of us and it was pretty surreal.

Edit: Also he's been begging for table scraps and attention (he's getting sued I think???) on his own private site "Glindr" and it's depressingly hilarious how done with him terfs are now that they have JK Rowling to give them an air of legitimacy instead of a perpetual meltdown blobfish. He clearly still trawls twitter for targets to attack has almost no audience.

Filthy Haiku has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Oct 22, 2020

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Filthy Haiku posted:

Edit: Also he's been begging for table scraps and attention (he's getting sued I think???) on his own private site "Glindr" and it's depressingly hilarious how done with him terfs are now that they have JK Rowling to give them an air of legitimacy instead of a perpetual meltdown blobfish. He clearly still trawls twitter for targets to attack has almost no audience.
He sends out a daily newsletter from his substack which is even worse than his twitter because he's no longer subject to even twitter's lax enforcement

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Click for Spongebob quote tattooed on underside of boobs

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/M0s7Vv9.jpg :nws:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Male Tears posted:

FIDMLY GDASD IT

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ror posted:

And his wife left him, and he destroyed his own career! E: late on this but it still owns

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I hate that Father Ted, Black Books and The IT Crowd are tainted for me now.

Obviously that's nowhere near the scale of horrors he brought onto the trans community, but it's just that little insult to injury. Like how I can't be nostalgic for Picture Pages or Fat Albert anymore.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Dermot Morgan had the right idea by dropping dead immediately following the conclusion of Father Ted

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

And the punchline is that she's fat in the same way that Kate Moss was (is? I don't follow her) a healthy weight, I assume.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Male Tears posted:

What a cool lady!

rydiafan posted:

FIDMLY GDASD IT
Rather.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

And the punchline is that she's fat in the same way that Kate Moss was (is? I don't follow her) a healthy weight, I assume.

I mean, probably.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

IT Crowd was always just merely passable. I do like the "Are We Not Men" episode though. The dinner party one was OK too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ror posted:

Also his wife and child left him. He literally does nothing except be weird about gender on the internet every waking moment of his life. It is absolutely incredible how loving insane he is and I almost think he's doing the world a favour by being so absolutely bugfuck deranged that he makes terfs seem worse by association lol. Just an utterly repulsive man in every possible way.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 22:45 on Oct 22, 2020

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Filthy Haiku posted:

He recently got divorced and it's not hard to read between the lines that his fixation was a major cause.

His brother-in-law (exwife’s brother) said it in so many words. No need to read between any lines!

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION
Linehan is literally so transphobic that even some transphobes were like "dude, please, stop. you're destroying your life". My personal favourite part of his crusade was when he kramered hardcore into mumsnet (a site ostensibly for mums but also for intense transphobia and fighting us horrible trans rights activists) after being banned from twitter, then admitted that he had contacted the loving better business bureau about his twitter ban, and the mumsnet posters told him to get the hell out of women's spaces and stop being a weirdo :lol:

I wish I could hear that phone call :allears:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that one might have been made up but it was still very funny regardless :v:

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

OwlFancier posted:

I think that one might have been made up but it was still very funny regardless :v:

It's real to me dammit!!

Nah yeah, quite possibly, but I mean I wouldn't put it past him at all, and he was definitely on mumsnet a bunch.

Some of the replies were absolutely fake and had names like "mom42069" lol

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

Didn't a lot of the mumsnet users say he also private messaged a lot of them (dick pics may or may not have been involved)?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the dick pics thing was also made up but you could absolutely believe it given he seems to spend an inordinate amount of time undressed and taking weird pictures of himself.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

dreamin of semen posted:

Linehan is literally so transphobic that even some transphobes were like "dude, please, stop. you're destroying your life". My personal favourite part of his crusade was when he kramered hardcore into mumsnet (a site ostensibly for mums but also for intense transphobia and fighting us horrible trans rights activists) after being banned from twitter, then admitted that he had contacted the loving better business bureau about his twitter ban, and the mumsnet posters told him to get the hell out of women's spaces and stop being a weirdo :lol:

I wish I could hear that phone call :allears:
Oh, he'd kramered in there long before that (once to drum up a mob against mermaids whch failed spectacularly) so it took a while for them to get tired of his King of the Lesbians schtick

But we'll doubtlessly be experiencing his loveliness for quite some time as his rhetoric filters down--as it always does--to literal nazis

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Its all because he lost a testicle.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sloth Life posted:

Its all because he lost a testicle.

Did he check behind the sofa?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

TinTower posted:

Graham is taking his Twitter ban well.

This pic makes that Kylo Ren drawing look handsome

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The funniest part of Mr. Linehan's fall was when he went begging to Mumsnet, which is the big TERF site, looking to be praised as a good boy fighting against the meanieweenie Trans folk. Only to be told "Who are you?" and "This is a space for women, you are a man. gently caress off" by the TERFs.

Also, if I may be pedantic for a second), I don't think it was his refusal to apologise for that Transphobic episode of the IT Crowd that got him neck deep into active hate, it was because he wanted to gently caress a famous TERF woman, and was re-tweeting her stuff and sucking up to her in hopes of ingratiating himself to her. And if you listen to interviews he has done justifying 'that' episode, it is pretty clear he was a huge misogynist/transphobe long before that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I only know the Avengers and Star Wars sequel art from being trotted out as EWW CAL-ARTS STYLE from people making convoluted excuses* for why “SJWs” were terrible.

* using them as a cover for their homophobia and fascism

that sucks. i only know the avengers and star wars prequel art from being a trans man and having trans man friends link it to me because they keep being unintentionally exposed to it and they need to vent about how dysphoric, disrespected and caricatured it made them feel. i guess a lot of people don't like it for a lot of different reasons. :shrug:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Oh, he'd kramered in there long before that (once to drum up a mob against mermaids whch failed spectacularly)

Wasn’t that what inspired hbomberguy to stream Donkey Kong Country for charity to Mermaids that not only repeatedly shattered its funding goals but had increasing numbers of well-known youtubers and game devs joining and ending with AOC calling in to declare “trans rights?”

Turpitude II posted:

that sucks. i only know the avengers and star wars prequel art from being a trans man and having trans man friends link it to me because they keep being unintentionally exposed to it and they need to vent about how dysphoric, disrespected and caricatured it made them feel. i guess a lot of people don't like it for a lot of different reasons. :shrug:

I’m sorry you had to suffer through that. :smith:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
What’s a mermaid in this context? I never watched the IT Crowd, what was the issue with it?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Mermaids is the name of a trans support charity in the UK.

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION
^ Mermaids UK link for y'all

Turpitude II posted:

Yeah, seconding SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL, that sucks big time. It was definitely a very widespread feeling, almost every trans man I was following at the time was saying more or less exactly that. Being fetishized for being trans is well and truly bad enough, but being fetishized in that specific, dysphoria-inducing way is beyond wretched.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Wasn’t that what inspired hbomberguy to stream Donkey Kong Country for charity to Mermaids that not only repeatedly shattered its funding goals but had increasing numbers of well-known youtubers and game devs joining and ending with AOC calling in to declare “trans rights?”

I’m sorry you had to suffer through that. :smith:

Yep. I think he was also whining about Mermaids elsewhere, but that was definitely a part of it. Goal of $500, total raised of $340,000. hbomb is a saint.

I think I'm gonna go donate :20bux: to Mermaids to offset people in this thread seeing Linehan's disgusting, misshapen face and rcdart's whatever the gently caress is going on there

e: OKAY friendly warning for Australians, their payment processor is currently having a real weird one, so I have actually just donated $60 as it claimed my address/details were incorrect. They were correct. I tried 3 times with slightly different configurations and they all went through while giving me a big red error. :lol: Time to send them an email, though they can definitely keep my money.

dreamin of semen has a new favorite as of 15:30 on Oct 23, 2020

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Sometimes periods start while you're sleeping. Sometimes they get very heavy and you leak through your protection while you're sleeping.. Sometimes you put down a towel to sleep on and then in your sleep you roll off it.

If you think this is AUG, my dude, you have no idea.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Periods aren't AUG. Period stains on your mattress aren't AUG. Trying to sell your period-blood-soiled mattress is quite AUG.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
:yikes::yikes::yikes:

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

just lay in the dried blood and cum,, honey its ok

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If you wont sleep pay to sleep on the bloodstained mattress it's because you hate women, clearly

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm actually looking forward to this derail. Slow day at work.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

text me a vag pic posted:

just lay in the dried blood and cum,, honey its ok

I dunno what kinda party you're throwing with blood, cum, and honey, but I want an invite....

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just head to Australian thread in GBS and read Assbum's (I think that's the name) posts.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
No its not 'cum and honey' its 'cum ,,, honey'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

No its not 'cum and honey' its 'cum ,,, honey'

So like, a busy bee party?