Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

If you’ve been watching Roman Reigns since his debut in The Shield you’ve been watching him for a longer time than the entire run of Nitro.

The Ortons of the world get most of the attention but it really is galling just how little the roster has changed over the last 5-8 years. You look at 2000-05, 05-10, 10-15 and there is some appreciable if not world shaking roster turnover thanks to them firing a bunch of people in waves every few years plus old people retiring. Now someone like Sasha Banks who is 28 has been on the main roster for about the same length of time Kane wore his mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pylons posted:

Possible leaked G1 lineup?

Kota Ibushi
EVIL
Jay White
Hiromu Takahashi
Shingo Takagi
Tomohiro Ishii
Hirooki Goto
Will Ospreay
Taichi
(X)

Tetsuya Naito
Kazuchika Okada
SANADA
Minoru Suzuki
KENTA
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Zack Sabre Jr
YOSHI-HASHI(I believe)
Toru Yano
Taiji Ishimori

lol at including Ishimori before Kojima despite him being 5'4", gently caress Gedo.

Also one thing is that NJPW generally stylise YOSHI-HASHI's name like SANADA & EVIL. So why would they write in katakana?

Radius Fracture
Sep 22, 2008

The suspect has trouble with lasting relationships and is possibly a high-functioning alcoholic

DLC Inc posted:

Wonder who the X is?

Heath Slater.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i'm a little skeptical of that not because of any talent's inclusion status but the layout of the blocks

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If that's the plan they're pretty confident they can get KENTA and Jay out of the States

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

get njpw to join the dark order. put brodie lee in the g1. coward gedo

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I Before E posted:

If that's the plan they're pretty confident they can get KENTA and Jay out of the States

kenta can definitely come back whenever he wants as he's a citizen tho he'd have to quarantine for a couple weeks and his family lives in the us. just like kendo kashin's back in japan after living in florida and being fired in the early stages of the pandemic

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i cant get over jay white voluntarily moving to florida when his job is in japan

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or Florida at all.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Super No Vacancy posted:

i cant get over jay white voluntarily moving to florida when his job is in japan

did he do that during his roh run or something? it does seem really odd unless he just had particular trouble with the language barrier/maybe expected to be a big star of njpw us and figured within a year he'd be in the us more than japan (which would also explain why he didn't just stay in nz)

of course in that case idk why he wouldn't have moved to california, unless they hadn't decided on where the dojo would be yet

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

did he do that during his roh run or something? it does seem really odd unless he just had particular trouble with the language barrier/maybe expected to be a big star of njpw us and figured within a year he'd be in the us more than japan (which would also explain why he didn't just stay in nz)

of course in that case idk why he wouldn't have moved to california, unless they hadn't decided on where the dojo would be yet

Most wrestlers live in Florida for tax purposes.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I Before E posted:

KENTA yes is a citizen so has been eligible this whole time.

Japan just changed the rules and is allowing foreigners with residence/work visas back in as of September 1. With how long they’re in country, guys like White, Ospreay, Juice would have to be under working visas.

So same for all - proof of negative tests in country of departure, tests at the airport, 14-day quarantine at home/in a hotel after. They’d be foolish to break that but I’ve heard it’s happened with some Japanese citizens.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

No one should kick out of that

edit: wrong thread sorry

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I feel like that G1 line up is fake because i havent seen it floating around twitter at all

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

That's not a leaked lineup lmao that's just some dude's thoughts on what it might be

The text literally says "I tried putting together my predictions for the G1 blocks"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Aesculus posted:

That's not a leaked lineup lmao that's just some dude's thoughts on what it might be

The text literally says "I tried putting together my predictions for the G1 blocks"

Welp.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1307008708770181120

It’s Melina

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol why

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sure ok, I guess.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

We just need Melina

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince there's not enough melanin in the women's division.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Haven't seen anything specific but there's consistent rumors that NJPW got Bullet Club people into the country for a G1 angle

So ... get ready for Jay/EVIL and all the bullshit that entails

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bonus - Avalon vs. Cutler III from Dark tapings:
No DQ, No Countout. Cutler won and was announced as "The Man Who Won This Match, Brandon Cutler".

Dynamite:
Show opened with Wardlow vs. Page in the tournament semifinals:

Back and forth early. Page gets dumped outside and comes back in with a buckshot lariat attempt, but Wardlow ducks it and hits a big clothesline. Wardlow hits the F10, but Page rolls out of the ring. Wardlow pulls him back in from the apron and tries to hit the F10 off the top, but Page fights out and hits a superplex. Page hits a Buckshot Lariat, but it only staggers Wardlow. Page runs to the opposite side and hops out to hit a second one, which takes Wardlow down. Page covers him and wins, advancing to the finals.

Eddie Kingston vs. Matt Sydal:

Kingston out first with a promo. Says "how dare they go to commercial when I'm up next" and "how dare Moxley not even show up when I'm out here fighting the week before our match". Sydal got in some good offense early, but Kingston eventually overpowered him and took control. Sydal got knocked around a bit, but eventually fights back with kicks, a standing moonsault, a hurricanrana from the top, and a meteora from the top. Kingston keeps kicking out and eventually locks in a submission for the win.

Town Hall:

Jericho out first with a jacket only he can pull off. Britt Baker gets to ask a question and fangirls a bit before insinuating that MJF might be trying to trick him. Jericho says he's aware of MJF's past and says he's a friend, but he's not privy to the Inner Circle's private business yet. Peter Avalon gets a question and just straight asks to join Inner Circle. They laugh him off the mic. Next question is from a special guest, who is back and better than ever. Bischoff asks MJF what he can do for the Inner Circle, and MJF replies "One word. Friendship". Bischoff follows up by asking MJF what the Inner Circle can do for him. MJF says he's the total package, but his one weakness is that he's not the best team player. He says that joining Inner Circle will teach him how to be a better teammate. Bischoff starts another question by calling Jericho a primadonna and Jericho cuts him off. Schiavone tells Jericho to shut up and that Bischoff has the floor. Bischoff tells MJF that he has the same primadonna characteristics and asks him what will happen if he joins Inner Circle and he and Jericho butt heads. MJF dodges the question and instead runs down a list of all the things he's done recently for Jericho, including "giving you the best segment of your career last week". MJF asks Jericho flatly "what haven't I done" to deserve a spot and Jericho replies "you haven't beat me". Jericho challenges him to a match at Full Gear, and if MJF can win, then he's in. MJF says that it's the biggest opportunity of his life and that he'll do anything to win. Santana and Ortiz run down MJF and tell him that just because Jericho is entertaining this whole thing doesn't mean that he'll ever fit in with the Inner Circle. Santana and Ortiz demand a match next week against MJF and Wardlow to close the segment.

Cody vs. Orange Cassidy in a Lumberjack match for the TNT Championship:

Typical match for both guys with lots of outside spots for the Lumberjacks to get involved. Cody superplexed OC to the outside into the lumberjacks. Back I side, Cody hits a springboard cutter for a two count. OC counters into a stunner and lumberjacks eventually start getting involved in the ring. OC takes an accidental pump kick to the face and Cody takes advantage to pin him. As soon as the match ended, all the lumberjacks flooded the ring and brawled. Cardona in the ring and hits Radio Silence on Cody.

Tay Conti vs. Abaddon: The match was stopped abruptly due to a serious injury. Not gonna speculate, but it was bad and resulted in hospitalization. This match probably won't air.

Shawn Spears wins a 30 second squash that may have been a last minute scramble filler to air instead of the women's match. Scorpio Sky out after to attack Spears.

Kenny Omega vs. Penta El Zero M in the semifinals of the tournament:

Penta replaced Ray Fenix, likely because of the bump that Fenix took last night during their match when he attempted that ridiculous spinning rana from the top and landed on his head. Not sure how he was cleared to finish that match and then not cleared tonight. Something else may filmed backstage to explain the swap.

Kenny with another ridiculous intro package from Justin Roberts with more Cleaner stuff. Match starts with trading chops. Slow start, likely more filler for the time that was planned for the women's match. They eventually get going and Penta hits a suicide dive to the outside. Penta in control early until Kenny hits a hurricanrana and his own suicide dive outside. Back in the ring, Penta takes control again and perfectly hits the springboard slingblade, which is rad as gently caress. Pents goes up top and runs the ropes for some unique offense, but Kenny regains control with a half-nelson suplex followed by a powerbomb and a low dropkick for a two. Kenny hits the V-trigger and goes for a One-winged Angel, but Penta counters. They brawl on the top rope as Kenny tries a superplex, but Penta knocks him off and onto the ramp outside. As Kenny tries to climb back up, Penta leaps from the top and hits a Canadian Destroyer off the top and onto the ramp. Crazy. They move back inside with Penta in control, but Kenny hits a counter and tries another One-Winged Angel. Penta drops down out of the tower and locks in a sleeper. Kenny fights out and goes for a third attempt at the One-Winged Angel, this time hitting it for the win. Great match. As most of you probably guessed, Omega vs. Page in the final for a shot at the AEW World Championship.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Guessing Fenix suffered at least a concussion then. Bummer.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Worried about Tay or Abadon. Whichever of them got injured that'll probably leak out soon.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pylons posted:

Cody vs. Orange Cassidy in a Lumberjack match for the TNT Championship:

Typical match for both guys with lots of outside spots for the Lumberjacks to get involved. Cody superplexed OC to the outside into the lumberjacks. Back I side, Cody hits a springboard cutter for a two count. OC counters into a stunner and lumberjacks eventually start getting involved in the ring. OC takes an accidental pump kick to the face and Cody takes advantage to pin him. As soon as the match ended, all the lumberjacks flooded the ring and brawled. Cardona in the ring and hits Radio Silence on Cody.

Ok this is bullshit

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i accidentally said my thoughts on the show, before watching it when it airs. big mistake

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I Before E posted:

Ok this is bullshit

The same source called the Stadium Stampede down to individual spots so uh, get ready for Cardona to come back.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Pylons posted:

The same source called the Stadium Stampede down to individual spots so uh, get ready for Cardona to come back.
Didn't we all know?

Also Abadon is tweeting and Tay isn't, so uh, :(

This is not a good week for injuries and AEW

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Love Matt Cardona get his fuckin rear end

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fenix please stop getting injured

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Actually, that Cardona thing might be bullshit? OP deleted all mention of him from the post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/jggdoj/dynamite_spoilers_1028_dynamite_results/

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

This week of injuries with AEW is disheartening hope everyone will be okay, it's become so common I wonder if there's something they could be doing or if it's just really really bad luck.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wonder if they're not all having to get used to working at a fast pace again since they've had to slow down because of the weather, but then again, this is the second time Fenix has taken himself out close to a PPV and not knowing the details with Abadon and Tay its hard to speculate.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

IcePhoenix posted:

Fenix please stop getting injured

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnrulyDeliriousIndri-mobile.mp4

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

This week of injuries with AEW is disheartening hope everyone will be okay, it's become so common I wonder if there's something they could be doing or if it's just really really bad luck.

Not gonna speculate on the spoilers, but they hosed up twice on Wednesday's show. Fenix was likely concussed and they kept going, and Reynolds was clearly out for a long time and they kept him in the match. They've gotta do better protecting their guys.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What's the source of these spoilers? 'cause OC losing to Cody here is really kind of lame and I'm kind of hoping these aren't true.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

It seemed kind of inevitable when you consider Cody has one win and one draw with Darby, so the assumption is that Darby finally gets his win over Cody at Full Gear.

Using OC to get there is a terrible waste though.

Hopefully now he goes away for a few weeks and takes a backseat in the BF/Miro. Dude needs a break before he completely becomes just another guy.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

yay another incredibly poor use of OC to look forward to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
its like we cant go a single week of AEW or NXT without a bunch more people getting seriously injured or concussed. what is going on. im starting to think there's a serious problem either in the training of people or just too many stupid risks being taken. accidents happen obviously, but it seems to be they're happening way more frequently now than previously.