Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

poo poo so I forgot am going to a Halloween party (outside no people touching, a big fire to burn away anyone not wearing a mask). I need a costume idea for literally 9 hours from now, please if you would be so kind.

I have a couple animal masks, but I have used those too much (NOT for sex), otherwise I have some food items, uh I dunno lets see, plastic bags, a sheet.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

look in ur closet and you can find everything you need to go as a bad poster

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Go as a jukebox, you just need a box and a few pencils. You get extra points if you can sing any of the songs i guess. Its a bit unwieldy but its a cheap and easy costume, and if you got any transparent plastic you can make it very corona safe.

Or like if you got access to hair spray and black clothes you can always go as Robert Smith if you hair is long enough. Very spooky with a mask.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 23, 2020

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Well, I own a brown leather jacket and fedora for emergency Indiana Jones costumes for such situations, but not everyone does. A cowboy hat with jeans and button down shirt would work as an emergency cowboy costume, if you have the hat.

I dunno, it would be nice to also ideally work with a facemask for pandemic purposes... A bandana over the mouth with cowboy hat would be easy. Some sort of cowboy bandit.

If you have a black t-shirt you can wrap it around your head like a ninja mask. Combine with other black clothing.

If you do not own hats or black shirts I cannot help you

HJE-Cobra fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 23, 2020

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
One time I put on a hoodie and aviators I already had, drew on a sharpie mustache, turned a kitchen timer all the way so it ticked constantly and put it in a box and taped it shut. 3 minute Ted Kaczynski.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Nice tutorial, thanks! Indiana Jones is good. Would he need a whip? I have a belt.
Maybe I can make a sack of rocks or bring an old cup or something.

Has to be Indy with a mask, though. Maybe something like ninja is the better way.

caleb posted:

One time I put on a hoodie and aviators I already had, drew on a sharpie mustache, turned a kitchen timer all the way so it ticked constantly and put it in a box and taped it shut. 3 minute Ted Kaczynski.
hahaha

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Wear the sheet and go as a ghost OP!

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
In my experience a leather jacket plus a fedora alone is plenty for an easy Indiana Jones, but any other props you can get would be good too. I sometimes used a satchel too, he's got one of those and it's convenient for carrying stuff.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Duct tape boxing gloves

Bread on your head Ted

A person who is too poor for Halloween

A naked person

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Seconding sheet ghost.

Cutting eyeholes isn't enough, you'll need to make a headband of some sort. I cut off a section of the fabric, glued it to the inside of the sheet where my head was going to be and then put velcro on the ends as connection points. Tying it wasn't enough, the knot just wasn't a secure enough fit and it kept slipping. You're going to have depth perception issues as it is, so you can't afford the sheet to move too much out of place.

I had a great interaction with a father/daughter combo, where the father said "Hey, look at that funny ghost!!" and his ~8 year old daughter looked absolutely livid, folded her arms across her chest and said "that ghost is STUPID, dad." which sums up every reaction you'll get.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Grab a black jumper you don't care about.
Grab 4 pairs of black tights/pantyhose.
Stuff three pairs of the black tights/pantyhose with sheets of newspaper.
Cut slits in the jumper and feed the tights/panty hoses through.
Wear remaining pair of tights/pantyhose over your arms.

You are now a spider.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Grab a black jumper you don't care about.
Grab 4 pairs of black tights/pantyhose.
Stuff three pairs of the black tights/pantyhose with sheets of newspaper.
Cut slits in the jumper and feed the tights/panty hoses through.
Wear remaining pair of tights/pantyhose over your arms.

You are now a spider.

Ooooo nice this is a great idea

On the other hand I have never been a sheet ghost, and that might be fun/ very easy

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i have one of those long pizza cutters and was thinking it could be a knockoff bat'leth for a knockoff worf costume

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
All black clothing & white masking tape. Boom, you're a chalk body outline from a murder scene. Actual chalk might work, but would smear.

If you have no masking tape or chalk, you can just go as "invisible pedestrian".

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tie a belt loosely round your neck and go as zombie david carradine

e: sheet?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Drive a couple nails through your hands

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
grey makeup for your skin, dark makeup for under eyes, old suit with dirt on it

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Go as a blowjob machine.

Just cut a hole in a box, and write "Dick Sucking Machine". Then walk around sucking people's dicks. You'll be the saviour of Halloween.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
poverty ghost would be a good idea, except 99.99% of people wouldn't get it and you definitely wouldn't want to speak to anyone who did

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Simone Magus posted:

Drive a couple nails through your hands

Nails? I haven't heard that name in years

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

poverty ghost would be a good idea, except 99.99% of people wouldn't get it and you definitely wouldn't want to speak to anyone who did

they would think he was just a regular ghost, which is acceptable for halloween

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

tie a belt loosely round your neck and go as zombie david carradine

Or belt around the neck with a white t-shirt and just write INXS on the shirt.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
go to a thrift store, get a cheap skirt, a long black wig, and a white sweater. Paint LOL on the sweater, put it all on, and be one of Kim Jong Un's North Korean assassin corps.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Ooh, wear whatever you like and be "guest who didn't show up".

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Glue toasted slices of bread to a plain t-shirt. Whenever you talk to anyone, raise your glass and speak like William Shatner.

You are the Toastmaster.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Costumes that involve having to act a certain way are dumb.

Be a ninja. You can be any color of ninja you want, as long as the top, pants, and mask are the same color. Black is easiest to find a complete matching set, but a red ninja or a green ninja is good if you can pull it off.

Maybe swing by a thrift shop and see what they've got in your size? Like a referee's striped shirt or a repairman's uniform shirt

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Thrift store, again: Buy a huge suit and go as David Byrne.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Wear a sheet as a toga and tell people you're the Greek God Porus.

Nobody will get it but you'll feel smart, and if you do find the one person who understands you will have an instant friend and someone who is propably pretty interesting

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

If you're a girl go as Penia, almost the same thing but funnier name

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

'Last Minute Man': wear a shirt you don't mind writing on. Put your most colourful underwear on over your pants. Use a piece of paper and some sticky tape to make a 'cape'. Draw some sort of logo on your shirt and cape that conveys you are the famed superhero last minute man. Extend that into jokes about being a minute man if you are into self-deprecation.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

use whatever kinky stuff you have laying around

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Just wear your fursuit.

Failing that, sheet ghost but make it sexy. Like put on a fashion belt or something and cut nipple holes.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Incelshok Na posted:

Just wear your fursuit.

Failing that, sheet ghost but make it sexy. Like put on a fashion belt or something and cut nipple holes.

A slutty ghost

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Fitted sheets, for extra-fancy ghost..

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Go down to Rite-aid or Walgreens and buy up a bunch of cheap bandages and go as a sexy mummy

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

go as donald trump lol

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Go down to Rite-aid or Walgreens and buy up a bunch of cheap bandages and go as a sexy mummy

I like this too, gently caress too many good options

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
put on a baseball hat and go as Albert Pujols

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Hey OP have you tried looking in the mirror lately? You might see something scary.

:batuka:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Hayley from American Dad is the :effort:est Halloween costume I've ever worn.

Jane from Daria is a close second.