Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Lol at the top left monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

That was a cute read but that ending kind of ruined it for me. Sending Misha back with her abusive mother is not exactly a happy ending no matter how much it wants to sell it as such. It's horrifying, especially after she found a family that loved her.

Nah dude, in addition to what tsob wrote, the ending makes it explicit that the mother was still visiting her daughter in the gap between diary entries. Just showing up on the nights of the new moon which means total darkness so she wouldn't endanger herself. She freaked out sure and did not tell her daughter what was happening, but she isn't a terrible mother or a bad ending. Misha got a cool new uncle and aunt out of the deal and can live normally now.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Yeah I think that read is correct. I kinda chalk some of the issues up to the fan translation which is a bit awkward in places.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Loid figuring out that maybe this woman he married might have feelings for him is the biggest, ugliest laugh I've had in all my time reading this manga.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This week was too adorable!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MISSION 36 IS OUT!

Becky for the love of god stop simping on Loid

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 1, 2020

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

This week was too adorable!

Understatement of the year.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Two things:
1. Holy gently caress those are some expensive keychains
2. No Bond! Bad! No eating the keychain!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Very cute chapter. Becky is a good friend

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Find your beauty inside their mindsssss

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The power of two (2) mortarboard hats.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Alacron posted:

Two things:
1. Holy gently caress those are some expensive keychains
2. No Bond! Bad! No eating the keychain!

I had to double take when I saw that price. That thing better unlock the ultima weapon or something.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

loving hell this was a cute chapter

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth posted:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
spy x family da best

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

kidcoelacanth posted:

:emptyquote:

Brought To You By posted:

I had to double take when I saw that price. That thing better unlock the ultima weapon or something.

Hey, maybe it's not so bad! For all we know inflation's really gone out of control and 300 mangabux isn't all that bad :smithicide:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Hey, maybe it's not so bad! For all we know inflation's really gone out of control and 300 mangabux isn't all that bad :smithicide:

Did you miss the footnote?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Obviously the US economy must have collapsed too

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

Nothing else needs to be said.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
This chapter just exists for the author to draw Anya in a bunch of cute outfits.
It was great.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Chose the perfect time to catch up. A flawless chapter in every way.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nipponophile posted:

Did you miss the footnote?

oh poo poo I did miss it

Loid teach your daughter about financial responsibility and kiss your wife.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

David D. Davidson posted:

This chapter just exists for the author to draw Anya in a bunch of cute outfits.
It was great.

A worthy cause.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm the beaded Eurythmics costume with one eye.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

It was great.
My favorite was the one with the newsboy cap!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Supersonic Shine posted:

My favorite was the one with the newsboy cap!

:same:

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

CommissarMega posted:

fendi's bag charms start at $700 and the karl lagerfield character one that's a bit bigger goes for double that. i doubt that these sort of accessories were goin for that much during the cold-war era the comic is set in though.

I liked the chanel-insipired outfits

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 4, 2020

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/_tatsuyaendo_/status/1327993588479787008

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008031

Oh poo poo here we go

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Sy-on boy’s dad is going to suck and Loid’s parental instincts will cause him do to something that hurts his mission.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh poo poo, two weeks can't come soon enough.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Everyone was extra adorable this chapter :allears: Daddy Desmond excluded of course

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I wonder how he going to be rebuffed.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Those fish eyes are terrifying.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm not sure how Twilight is planning to turn "Hello, I'm the father of the girl that punched your son" into continuous contact with Desmond, unless he's such a bad dad that he considers that a plus.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Was anyone else expecting a Daybreak chapter when Twilight was talking about the security of the place?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'll probably turn out that the dude never even heard about what happened at school.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I'm not sure how Twilight is planning to turn "Hello, I'm the father of the girl that punched your son" into continuous contact with Desmond, unless he's such a bad dad that he considers that a plus.

I'd presume he'll offer to make up for it in some manner, but as someone else predicted, he'll probably end up getting angered by something Desmond does and punch him out instead, just like Ayna did to his son. Bringing Sy-on Boy and Anya closer together, while seemingly pushing Loid away from his target, but Desmond actually improving because of it or something. Similar to what happened in the entrance examinations, basically, where Loid gets angry at the interviewer for upsetting Anya and Yor, but his anger actually ends up helping by impressing the headmaster.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Was anyone else expecting a Daybreak chapter when Twilight was talking about the security of the place?

I was totally expecting him when I saw a shadow sneaking around while Loid was talking about how anyone would be insane to try and break in, yeah.

tsob fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

Those fish eyes are terrifying.

:stare: