Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Omobono posted:

Aqua needs his rear end kicked a bit for how he just pulled what he just pulled.
Stop sending easily misinterpreted signals, you loving know what they mean. Either mean them or shut up, you were 30-something(?) in your previous life.

Mom is outright telegraphing that Aqua's gonna get thoroughly owned in the future, so you'll get your wish I imagine.

It's too bad Ai's death totally broke his brain, hopefully Ruby and Kana's influence can unbreak it eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Super Jay Mann posted:

Mom is outright telegraphing that Aqua's gonna get thoroughly owned in the future, so you'll get your wish I imagine.

It's too bad Ai's death totally broke his brain, hopefully Ruby and Kana's influence can unbreak it eventually.

Depends on if this is going to stay in it's current relatively light state or if it plans on getting dark again.

I feel like the latter but it's hard to say.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Don't get me wrong, Strawberry will absolutely do right by Kana, Ruby has the skills and charisma to make it really big and lift Kana by association, and Aqua can probably maneuver something or someone so that Kana gets more acting opportunities. This choice will start Kana's glorious return to showbiz. In a couple years, she'll look back at this moment grateful that Aqua bullied her into this leap of faith.

But this chapter Aqua was objectively scummy and he needs to get his head out of his rear end before he does something truly heinous towards his friends and family. Unfortunately his head is currently firmly lodged in there but I'm sure Ruby and Kana will, eventually, manage to pop it out.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1070016

Aqua's last line. :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Gonna get some use out of this :allears:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess part of it is because the setting kinda reset half way in but the cast feels pretty small still, so I wonder if any of the girls from Ruby's class or that show will be appearing much in the future.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno, both Yokoyari and Akasaka like to keep their main casts within reasonable lengths.
  • Scum's Wish is basically like 6 core characters and 4 important-ish side characters.
  • Kaguya-sama: Love is War is mostly the StuCo + Hayasaka as core characters and a rotating cast of situationally important characters. Hell, Fujiwara herself hasn't been super important for a long time, except to demonstrate how she's hilariously lovely (and yes, that's part of her charm).

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Right now the only main characters I'd say are Aqua Ruby and probably Kana is my point. The director and so on are more supporting.

So yeah Kaguya has a pretty small cast but this feels REALLY small.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1077418
Do your best ruby and kana :buddy:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Everything about this chapter was amazing. :allears: Kana and Aqua's biting at each other is hilariously reminiscent of Ishigami and Fujiwara's antics.

Money talks

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Of course this chapter drops right when it's announced that Aka is going on Inuyama Tamaki's VTuber interviews for a third time.

https://twitter.com/norioo_/status/1319211207044182016

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

"Modern Culture revolves around the Internet" she says with nothing but cat videos behind her. :allears:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Big Indie Group Energy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Annointed posted:

Big Indie Group Energy.
Oh, most definitely. Reminds me of one of the many incarnations from a band in which a bunch of friends used to play.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

Annointed posted:

Big Indie Group Energy.

Quick and dirty

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Quick and dirty

Gorgeous :perfect:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Quick and dirty
:stwoon::five:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1085980

New chapter.

I look forward to seeing if Aqua decides to get involved or not. He does seem pretty much disinterested in anything except getting revenge on Ai and keeping Ruby happy.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Everyone trying to be dramatic, stand out, ham it up in front of the cameras, meanwhile Mem-cho just wants that sweet Youtube ad revenue.

Is it just me or is a 50-50 revenue split kind of really good for a sponsored Youtuber? I legit don't know.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I find it weird that social media technology did not change in the 15-year timescale of this series. There were smartphones when Ai was still alive. What year is this? Akaaaaaaaa!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Grouchio posted:

I find it weird that social media technology did not change in the 15-year timescale of this series. There were smartphones when Ai was still alive. What year is this? Akaaaaaaaa!

The first iPhone was released 13 years ago so it doesn't have to be very far in the future

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Grouchio posted:

Yeah the compressed timescale is kinda weird though you can still make it work if you fudge the numbers some like Shugojin said. Ruby using Twitter on a smartphone as a 1-year old as if it were modern Twitter is the biggest stretch I see, but I think ultimately we're not supposed to think about it too much.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Super Jay Mann posted:

Everyone trying to be dramatic, stand out, ham it up in front of the cameras, meanwhile Mem-cho just wants that sweet Youtube ad revenue.

Is it just me or is a 50-50 revenue split kind of really good for a sponsored Youtuber? I legit don't know.

Hololive splits superberries and memberships 50/50 with their vtubers, but that's after YT takes 30% first.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Someone else in that page says it's really good.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Man, the Italians love this series, they get their translation days earlier than Anglos.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1094246/

Chapter 24

Twitter was a mistake :argh:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe I have been defeated like this :negative:

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Will Aqua take the bullet on social media for her? I hope she gets out of this mess one way or another

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Y'know, I somehow find myself more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the notion that the idol industry isn't a totally 100% misanthropic exploitative nightmare hellscape more easily than I do with reality TV.

Pretty sure that's just a relative lack of familiarity with the scene. That and I used to follow Kimura Hana on Twitter.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah as a wrestling fan I am getting super uncomfortable with where this story is going.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OnimaruXLR posted:

Y'know, I somehow find myself more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the notion that the idol industry isn't a totally 100% misanthropic exploitative nightmare hellscape more easily than I do with reality TV.

Pretty sure that's just a relative lack of familiarity with the scene. That and I used to follow Kimura Hana on Twitter.

Unfortunately, you really shouldn't.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yeah, given what happened earlier in the year this chapter is just all sorts of yikes vibes.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't be surprised if this is Aka's way of saying telling all the lovely people who bullied Ms. Kimura to go gently caress a bucket of dogshit.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Fuckin hell.

Even with the last second save that was a bit much to see again after May.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder if the company will even give a poo poo that their actress just came very close to suicide? Or is life that cheap in the industry?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grouchio posted:

I wonder if the company will even give a poo poo that their actress just came very close to suicide? Or is life that cheap in the industry?

It's entirely possible they'll never even know, considering.

I wonder if Aqua was following her on purpose or stumbled onto her by random chance? I was starting to wonder if we'd have a whole chapter without him or Ruby.

I said this about the girl with the kansai accent too but I hope akane sticks around for a bit.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 21, 2020

MrBlarney
Nov 8, 2009
The end of Chapter 24 definitely brought some bad vibes, but I had internally predicted afterwards that Aqua would end up bringing Akane into Strawberry Productions' fold, probably as the third member of the new B-Komachi. I was half hoping for a quicker resolution to happen in just Chapter 25 to reduce the pain, but the dedicated perspective and time taken in the actual chapter was a necessary level of pacing to reflect the weight of the conflict. So I suppose we have to wait one more week for Aqua to work a miracle and somehow rehabilitate Akane's image, hopefully with the rest of the show's cast's support.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Is it possible to punch fictional people through the internet? :argh:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I think they have a cast group Line chat going. Aqua probably saw that she was going out to get dinner and was worried since there was a typhoon coming. Also, her state of mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Super Jay Mann posted:

Is it possible to punch fictional people through the internet? :argh:
:emptyquote: