Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Studio posted:

Also for a starting survivor: Super recommend Meg because she has a mobility skill, and early on getting away from a killer feels super out of your hands
Meg is extremely solid. Trying to walk everywhere because you don't want to waste Sprint Burst is a problem, but it's the kind of thing a player can learn. Adrenaline can be super clutch, and Quick and Quiet is... I mean, it's not a bad perk. Every once in a while it can help you lose a killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I personally recommend not using Meg until you have a solid understanding of the game. Sprint Burst is a bit of a crutch for new players learning good habits, and Adrenaline is a very bad habit. That last one might be bias.

As mentioned before, highly recommend Bill as both Unbreakable and Borrowed Time are both amazing amazing perks!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DBD calls Bill hard, but David intermediate.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Okay, I just bought the game and am slightly drunk. I have absolutely no interest in playing survivor and am queueing as the killer. I need a little help:

First match, played leatherface, killed everybody in the cornfield, pretty straightforward except for one part where I downed a guy, but he was in a raised area so I couldn't seem to pick him up and hook him. I left him to bleed out, all good.

Second match, played Pyramid Head, killed three--and then the match ended without anything really (am slightly drunk) tipping me off, and the final girl had an icon by her name on the scoreboard of a person running to an exit. I didn't get any cues or anything. Did she get away or DC? No hard feelings--I don't care about winning, I'm just trying to learn the game.

I like the game

Edit: as a brand new and slightly drunk killer, I run around and kick generators until I see someone/some cue that I should go investigate, and then I murder

Should I: be ever going into the 'basement' for any reason? and is there a broader overarching strategy beyond "Patrol the generators and kick them if it gives you a prompt to kick them" and/or murder humans that dare enter my sight?

Unrelated, in my first game the very first time I checked a locker there was someone in there

Good poo poo

edit 2: I've been just hooking everyone I down. Should I ever leave someone to crawl around as a humble beginner?

Danknificent fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 24, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PMush Perfect posted:

DBD calls Bill hard, but David intermediate.

BHVR are well known for their ability to categorize things properly. Obviously you just don't understand how the survivor with a perk who permanently removes the Healthy state for an entire trial, had a perk that was originally only good for farming by taking protection hits and at least has one defensive measure other survivors don't and is probably the most meta exhaustion perk in the game.

Or you can have a survivor who is able to recover from dying faster and get up from dying all by himself once per trial, the ability to provide a free hit to someone you just unhooked if the killer likes to camp, and I guess the ability to see the hatch when it spawns. Clearly this survivor is incredibly hard to play with their perks, they have an entire whole hit over that guy with No Mither!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Danknificent posted:

Okay, I just bought the game and am slightly drunk. I have absolutely no interest in playing survivor and am queueing as the killer. I need a little help:

First match, played leatherface, killed everybody in the cornfield, pretty straightforward except for one part where I downed a guy, but he was in a raised area so I couldn't seem to pick him up and hook him. I left him to bleed out, all good.

Second match, played Pyramid Head, killed three--and then the match ended without anything really (am slightly drunk) tipping me off, and the final girl had an icon by her name on the scoreboard of a person running to an exit. I didn't get any cues or anything. Did she get away or DC? No hard feelings--I don't care about winning, I'm just trying to learn the game.

I like the game

Edit: as a brand new and slightly drunk killer, I run around and kick generators until I see someone/some cue that I should go investigate, and then I murder

Should I: be ever going into the 'basement' for any reason? and is there a broader overarching strategy beyond "Patrol the generators and kick them if it gives you a prompt to kick them" and/or murder humans that dare enter my sight?

Unrelated, in my first game the very first time I checked a locker there was someone in there

Good poo poo

edit 2: I've been just hooking everyone I down. Should I ever leave someone to crawl around as a humble beginner?
Lots of very good newbie questions. One at a time.

Guy who was stuck might've been a glitch? That happens sometimes.

Girl who ran away found the escape hatch. It opens somewhere on the map when there's only one survivor left alive, and if they can get to it, they can get away. If you get there first and close it, then the exit gates are automatically powered, but the countdown to you auto-winning begins. There are also keys that can force the hatch back open, but don't worry about those too much.

The basement is good for one thing: If you hook someone down there, it is really, really hard for survivors to get out of there unscathed. (Also sometimes a chest spawns down there.)

Leaving people on the ground so you can chase someone else is called "slugging." (As in "slugging it out.") Only do it if you are absolutely sure you're about to take down someone else, or they're the only other person left on their feet and you know exactly where they are. Otherwise, you probably just want to kick any nearby gens, set traps if you're playing Hag, etc, then hook them. If you chase two rabbits, you'll lose them both. There are exceptions once you start getting a sense for when and how other survivors go for rescues, how long you can afford to chase, etc, but for now, don't take that gamble.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 24, 2020

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Danknificent posted:

I like the game

Good poo poo

For the LF match, if a player can get somewhere generally you can. You just need to gently caress around and figure out how to fall down to where they are. If they were on the hay bale on the combine for example, you need to go up and vault over the little half section at the top of the machine.

In the PH match, the last person escaped through the hatch. It's a special exit that opens when there's only one survivor left alive to keep the last stretch of a match at least a little interesting. You can find it once it's open by listening for a humming noise, then kick it shut to force them to use a normal exit gate. It'll also spawn into the match earlier than that but closed and locked based on the number of survivors dead versus generators finished. That last bit is really only relevant if some one brought or found a key as that lets them open the hatch earlier to dip out.

As for the basement, unlike regular hooks basement hooks never break. The basement itself is also usually really defendable. Don't rely on it and don't go way out of your way to hook people there, but use it when you can. Some killers, like Trapper, are also really good at playing the basement and so are extra incentivized to drive survivors towards it.

For general strategy, yeah patrol generators but no don't just kick them. If a generator has around 50% progress or more (indicated by two of the four pistons moving) then kick it, otherwise it's probably not worth the time investment. At least don't kick generators below 25%. The big thing to keep in mind is that you're more pressed for time than survivors are. Your first priority should be to get them off gens, your second priority should be downing them. Don't drop chases just to go back to patrolling, but if you're chasing some one and see an even easier target at least give them a quick pop.

For leaving people on the ground, that's called slugging and you sometimes should. Rule of thumb, if you down some one and see another quick chase go ahead and slug the first person and chase the second. This forces survivors to stop doing generators to help their downed team mate. As you get more experience you'll get a feel for other situations you should be slugging, or when to abandon that second chase and return to the downed person.

Beyond that, watch killer streamers like Otzdarva (mentioned in this thread), OhTofu, Umbra, or ScottJund. Or others, obviously. If you find a killer that you really like try to find a streamer that mains them. You can learn a lot by watching some one else play.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I thought it was because you force them to locomote like the noble slug.

Gen patrol is the way to start since you need some diversity in your perks to get accurate info or control what survivors might do. Plague has Corrupt Intervention which locks the three furthest generators for the first 1-2 minutes. Survivors tend to spawn with distance from the killer so it often forces them towards four closer spots you're aware of. Legion has Discordance, which will tell you within a generous range if a generator has 2+ people on it. As survivors develop more coordination at higher ranks or play together this happens much more often.

The basement will almost never have anyone in it unless they are hunting for treasure/cheevos or you pass by and they feel caught out and use it as a line of sight break. I still wouldn't check it unless I saw them go in that direction and I otherwise lost track of them, survivors in the basement aren't doing gens.

Don't sweat the hatch, it's mostly RNG. It'll become visible(and locked/closed) if there are less living survivors than repaired generators, or if one survivor is left(open.) It produces a very distinct audio cue so all you can do is roam the map and keep an ear open.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah, if the hatch spawns you won. Doesn't matter if they get out or what the game says, you forced them to escape through the hatch you won.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Thanks for the replies, I believe I understood what you have said-- I played a third game as Nurse this time ( Leatherface, Pyramid, and Nurse are the three that I think are cool, so they are the ones I'll play) -- and it was on the Stranger Things lab. I felt like I was getting my rear end kicked because the upper floor stuff was a hassle to deal with, but I ended up killing 3 and the last one hatched out. Now I know to listen for a hatch, so I at least have that going for me.

I honestly don't have a problem just killing 3--it's exciting for that 4th player (or I imagine that it is) to last girl out, so I think that's pretty cool

I'm not super competitive, but I want to do a good job, and since I keep reading that there are apparently more survivors than killers (which boggles my mind) I feeling like I'm Starship Troopers.jpg doing my part by being a killer one trick.

Definitely enjoying the game. Alcohol helps. Thanks for the replies, I'm sure there will be more questions

I think I like Pyramid because 1. he's pyramid and 2. his little trail thing--I think what it means when I see the white lines is that someone has stepped on it, and that helps me a lot because I never know where anybody is

But on pyramid should I be using his cages or normal hooking? is there nuance there? I did a thing at some point where i downed somebody and he just... straight SH2d em with the shank. Like insta kill. It was pretty gangster, but I don't know how I did it

edit YO
YOOOOO

but the nurse's extra good hearing did help me actually find somebody hiding
THAT WAS SICK

Danknificent fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 24, 2020

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah if somebody moves across a trail without crouching they will get tormented and give away their location as long as they're moving along it.

Cage is an option. If you down somebody and they have torment you can cage them. If they are on their last hook and have torment you can kill them. :twisted: The downsides of cages are that they are always thrown to the opposite side or a far corner of the map, people who open cages cleanse torment and you can't even be too near a cage for too long or it'll teleport to a new corner. So they're generally not defendable/baitable like hooks are, where you know somebody has to come by and make a loud alert to unhook. But cages have benefits, primarily time saving, consider cages if:

-They've crawled to a pallet and you feel their friend is nearby to stun you on the pick up.
-Their friend is nearby with a flashlight, like you hear the clicking at some point in the match or they flashed you earlier.
-You feel they'll wiggle out. Hook might be too far, hook might get sabotaged, the hook despawned if somebody died on it, etc.
-You want to deny them unhooking perks. Ever hit somebody coming off the hook and they ignore it/have a white glow? Borrowed Time. Etc.
-You have business in the area you can immediately follow up on. See fresh scratch marks? Priority gen kick, all pistons running? Hear an injured survivor nearby? Slam them in a cage in 2 seconds flat. Compare this to 10+ seconds of pick up animation, find a hook, walk to it, hooking animation.
-It's a very early down and you need to patrol other gens, so you cage them to get the fast +1 hook and move on. This is a gut feeling consideration.

Also you can weigh putting somebody on a hook(nearby) vs a cage(far) if you're in a hotly contested area, especially a 3 gen(last generator they need to power from the three of seven they haven't done yet.) Want to make somebody leave the area? You cage, the cage will be forced to spawn far away from you in the dead corner of the map, you continue your patrol and somebody has to go help the cage.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 24, 2020

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Can someone tell me about pallets? These are the things that people throw down in front of me and I have to smash them, right? Do they do something else?

I just played my 4th game, this time as Leatherface, killed 3, deliberately found and closed the hatch (thanks guys!) and I was hanging out by the door--and then it said the guy escaped. Is there more than one door? I don't see how he could've gotten past me (I know it was scummy to wait there, but I didn't know what else to do)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

You got it. There are only so many pallets per map, so getting survivors to throw one is generally a win for you.

Like people said, they will stun you if a survivor drops one on you, so be wary of picking up people sitting under an upright pallet.

Also worth noting, some killers can use their special ability to Instabreak dropped pallets; leatherface, hillbilly, and oni come to mind.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Yeah there's like two exit routes on the map, when they open em up an alarm blares and you'll see the general direction to go

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Danknificent posted:

Is there more than one door?
There are two!

e:f;b

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Danknificent posted:

Can someone tell me about pallets? These are the things that people throw down in front of me and I have to smash them, right? Do they do something else?

You got the basics, but you don't necessarily have to smash them. Some pallets you can play around - walking backwards or behind walls and stuff - so that you can score a hit even while they're down. You should also get in the habit of not kicking pallets that have really short obstacles (like trash cans) on one side since it's just not worth the time investment. At least not mid-chase. And when you do go to kick them, think about where you're driving the survivor. If one side of the pallet is facing a corner of the map and the other has free access to a big old building, cycle around so they're on the side that goes nowhere before you kick it.

Also there's nothing scummy about hanging out by doors. The survivor's on a clock so you know they'll be at one of them and it's not like you have anything left to defend. But as you learned you want to patrol between the two doors, and ideally only go so far as to check if the survivor is opening the door (the little exit box has 3 red lights that turn on over time) before checking the other.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 24, 2020

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Yes! I now understand there are two doors. I have to be more mindful of the hatch. The last girl or bro keeps hatching!! :argh:

also the pyramid head menu music is distractingly similar to the godlike theme from the equally godlike 1979 film Phantasm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ieQxm_M2I

add the tall man as a killer you cowards :argh: BOOOOOYYYYY

Danknificent fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 24, 2020

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

The basement is good for one thing: If you hook someone down there, it is really, really hard for survivors to get out of there unscathed. (Also sometimes a chest spawns down there.)

There is always a chest in the basement.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rydiafan posted:

There is always a chest in the basement.
Right. Whoops.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
I unlocked Zarina and I've been running a combo of Red Herring and Kindred. I've had decent success luring killers away from the hook with a fake gen explosion and getting a clean rescue.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Truman Sticks posted:

I unlocked Zarina and I've been running a combo of Red Herring and Kindred. I've had decent success luring killers away from the hook with a fake gen explosion and getting a clean rescue.
If you wanna be extra ballsy, combine it with We'll Make It so you can heal them right after.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Folks I just had a perfect (well, -2k because the last survivor ragequit when I hooked them) Ghost Face game and I think I'm in love. I had the perfect "lean around a tree, mark 3 of them in a single Stalk channel" while they were working on a gen that I even stopped. Get to post-game and it's the exact "rank is meaningless" thing people were talking about earlier---I'm 14, I was against a 4, 12, 20, 17 (the 17 is the quitter). Good poo poo. Good poo poo.

Ghost Face question: is there a reason to NOT go around crouched at all times if I'm not in a chase?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
You move slower (90% vs 115%) and you really cannot afford moving slowly everywhere. Especially since you can very quickly dip into it as you get near anyone.

Also fun trick - if you crouch and switch directions at those small box loops you can trip people up and get a free hit.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Ghostface rules he's my bro

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TGLT posted:

Yeah, if the hatch spawns you won. Doesn't matter if they get out or what the game says, you forced them to escape through the hatch you won.

:eng101: The hatch can open if the other 3 survivors escape

Danknificent posted:

I honestly don't have a problem just killing 3--it's exciting for that 4th player (or I imagine that it is) to last girl out, so I think that's pretty cool

I'm not super competitive, but I want to do a good job, and since I keep reading that there are apparently more survivors than killers (which boggles my mind) I feeling like I'm Starship Troopers.jpg doing my part by being a killer one trick.

The last survivor is generally the hardest since they have an instant escape option. Ways to deal with this are:
Don't hook the last person to seek out the last survivor. I only do this if I have an idea of where they are, a way to reveal them they're injured so I could hear them, etc.
Using perks like BBQ & Chili to suss them out. You might reveal them, or if you don't, they're within 40 meters.

Also, the hatch can actually spawn earlier in the match. If there are more gens completed than survivors alive, the hatch will spawn but be locked. Survivors can use a key to escape this (not a lot of counterplay to this besides a specific perk, Franklin's Demise), but if you see the closed hatch on the ground, you can go and slam it closed after you kill the last survivor, and begin patrolling doors.

I think that generally survivor is less stressful to play, even though it can go much worse. You have a team that you can blame, you don't need to be as keyed into audio, and it's also the only way to really play the game socially.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Also I just bought The Blight and lol. What a killer.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Studio posted:

:eng101: The hatch can open if the other 3 survivors escape

Okay yes, barring the situation where some one dips out through the hatch after everyone else exits through the gates if some one leaves through a hatch that's a win in my book.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

I'm learning. I seem to do noticeably better with Leatherface than Pyramid Head, but I wonder if that has to do with the map. When I'm Pyramid Head it seems like I'm in the Hawkins Lab every time and I don't love that map. I know I'm not making the most of PH's kit, but that's no different than my play with LF. I chase people around, yell, and harm them, as God intended.

Today's highlight was crashing a rescue in progress in the basement and chainsawing everyone. I had the four piece meal that game.

Weird thing: I got down to the last guy, now knowing that there are two doors, so I shut the hatch and patrolled between the two doors, nothing... nothing... I worry that he's using a key on the hatch so I go that way and I find him appearing to be trying to do something with a generator? Any idea what he might've been doing? Or was he new and confused like I was? He was all kitted out with leveled up perks and such. Seemed weird. I hit him with a hammer, picked him up, and he DCed. Can I Mori someone in that situation? Or do I have to hook them to end it?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

There's a yellow offering that lets you mori the last survivor, but normally you have to hook them like normal.

And it sounds like that survivor was confused.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

No idea what that generator DC guy was doing but you don't have to end it. DCed players immediately die and depopulate the map, their body becoming scenery. On second thought, gen guy might have been trying to hide from you. It's some mid-tier survivor big brain plays to use completed or inactive gens to mindgame killers, cause by default you won't think to check them.

PHs kit is a lot like Huntress, Deathslinger or Plague. Learn to land it and you shut down chases and loops absurdly quickly, but it has a fair amount of counter play and requires you to train it a while. I had a PH game just yesterday where I missed 4+ shockwaves that would have hit greener survivors. They knew how and when to juke or even when to stop for one second because my wind up isn't subtle and they knew when to run because without a specific pair of addons my wave would come up 1-2m short. Then there's remembering to lay your trail. Get in the habit of dropping very small bits of trail in must-pass areas and doing so frequently, make sure that the bar fills all the way and you actually drag for the 1-2 seconds. Doorways, pallet spots, the side of windows, near gens, narrow halls, tight loops around debris(assume survivors will always hug terrain by default), just set it where you're already passing through until you hit chase cause it does slow you down slightly. If you draw big lines all the time you might hit the limit and despawn your earlier casts. It also doesn't last too long by default, it's meant to enhance the area you're active in or to get lucky and catch the careless so you know to change your patrol route. I'll draw big lines if I realize I haven't drawn in awhile just to have something down, or I'll draw a medium line around somebody I just hooked because people feel an overwhelming need for speed during unhooks. Finally, when you're chasing somebody and get into a strong loop they want to use, drag your sword and feel free to draw a short or big line, just make the loop very unattractive or force them to get a torment. It's a lot like how Trapper can hard shut down any loop by setting a trap, especially in front of a pallet. They can run it and get torment or leave it and free you from the time loss of the loop. Technically torment isn't a big deal as a survivor but there is a big psychological pull to not do things that benefit the killer.

Shockwave is an experience thing, you learn how survivors move over time. Like Huntress hatchets. If they're scared and running in too much of a predictable angle, have a shockwave meet them a few steps ahead. If they're waiting for you at a corner or pallet, stop short and slam that wave out. When people vault or pallet drop they are animation locked for a second at the center of the object, so throw a shockwave there, though the wind up can lead to them side stepping it barely. And for the real sinister hat tricks, shockwave is an AOE. When people unhook, there is a brief invulnerability period on the person being unhooked. If you're in range and time it right you can shockwave for two hits. :twisted: I also love maps like The Game where a lot of gens are walled off at 2-3 angles and people will work on them until you physically enter the room. You'll hit greedy workers every time(if they're still on within your loud TR) if you slam the shockwave into the center of the gen through the walls.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 24, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I did the tutorials.

They don't teach a lot, do they?

Where should I go next to learn what the gently caress?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Der Shovel posted:

I did the tutorials.

They don't teach a lot, do they?

Where should I go next to learn what the gently caress?

Pick one of the better survivor or killer streams and watch them for a bit. Not into watching streams? Check out of the more popular youtubers for a bit of gameplay footage so you can get an idea of what you should be doing and what the general gameplay looks like. Or try and find someone (goon or friend) who is experienced to play with you if you want to do survivor.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If you're okay with watching youtube/twitch people, Otzdarva and Fungoose are probably the two most broadly informational people on learning killer. ScottJund has a few things in his youtube library like how to loop certain map tiles which is extremely helpful.

Survivor learning someone else would have to speak up on, I'm not sure if there really are any people that go to such lengths to tutorialize survivor side.

Otherwise a lot of it is playing. Absorbing information from people like Otz is gonna put you drastically ahead of the curve on learning the game but it's still gonna be a lot of bad times until you know everything yourself.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Is there a goon LFG Discord?

Also, I've been running a Huntress today with BBQ, Whispers, Discord, and Nurse's Call. Played four games and got all 16 survivors dead, if you count the two I let go at the door as kills for research purposes.

Anybody have an alternate build they've had luck with, or thoughts on this one?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I think the other big thing re: learning to play as survivor vs killer is that killer naturally tends toward always moving and trying to find people to chase. Conversely, it's really obvious when you're playing with or against new survivors because they'll just sit there hiding if they here even a faint heartbeat.

The biggest thing to learn as survivor is you should always be doing an objective or moving towards an objective to do it, only interrupted by the killer finding and chasing you. Which in itself is its own objective because it can allow other survivors to safely fix generators. The number of times I've watched new players crouched behind tires or boxes watching a killer who is across the map not even moving towards them when they could be doing a gen nearby, going for a save, or healing their friend is countless. I did this myself early on!

Learning killer powers, what the various perks do and the layouts of the map is literally just a matter of time, which can be lengthened or shortened based on whether you try to educate yourself outside of the game or not.

edit:

rydiafan posted:

Is there a goon LFG Discord?

Also, I've been running a Huntress today with BBQ, Whispers, Discord, and Nurse's Call. Played four games and got all 16 survivors dead, if you count the two I let go at the door as kills for research purposes.

Anybody have an alternate build they've had luck with, or thoughts on this one?

Looks fine, I'd personally drop Whispers and put something else in because you already have a bunch of information perks to let you find survivors. Pop Goes the Weasel, Ruin, Thanataphobia etc, some kind of slowdown you can use to get a bit of extra breathing room.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 24, 2020

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Haven't unlocked Ruin or Pop yet. I was running Thana before the nerf and haven't decided whether to put it back. Good to hear thinking along mine.

I think I'll unlock Pop next. After hooking BBQ/Discord can lead me to a good gen to kick. Plus, I get frustrated using hexes, because confirmation bias makes me feel like they are always cleansed right away and I'm basically down a perk. I know it isn't true, but I also know it'll feel true.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

Looks fine, I'd personally drop Whispers and put something else in because you already have a bunch of information perks to let you find survivors. Pop Goes the Weasel, Ruin, Thanataphobia etc, some kind of slowdown you can use to get a bit of extra breathing room.
Thanatophobia and Nurse's Calling is an excellent mix in general, because it heavy disincentivizes the usual Nurse's Calling counterplay of just not healing. And it makes healing slower, so you have more time to find them. (Also, it's a combo that completely bodies Blendettes, which is always fun.)

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Thanatophobia's penalty isn't big enough nor on enough to use as your main slowdown perk.

Whispers is pretty good on Huntress since you're so slow and people get a bigger headsup than normal that they need to hide. I'd take it over Discordance personally, and swap Discordance out for something like Corrupt Intervention.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I finally decided to make the plunge with DbD after hemming and hawing and looking over the Wiki a lot. I've started with the base game though I know ex: Leatherface is good for BBQ and Chili so I can get used to it a bit before investing further.

The last time I posted about DbD, I noted that I was severely hard of hearing and usually don't play with sound on in my games. I'm aware that other folks might turn up the sound but I just don't think that's going to work for me. I think Wraith is cool and it looks like some of his perks involve ways to visually hone in on people. Plus he has a Field of View increase perk (though I know Lightborn from Hillbilly is also good on him).

So as a thought exercise, if you were playing a killer and only had to use your eyes, what killers and perks would you use? Tracking people, seeing auras, etc.

E: I guess also stuff that keeps Survivors unaware of me to level the playing field a bit more as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PMush Perfect posted:

Thanatophobia and Nurse's Calling is an excellent mix in general, because it heavy disincentivizes the usual Nurse's Calling counterplay of just not healing. And it makes healing slower, so you have more time to find them. (Also, it's a combo that completely bodies Blendettes, which is always fun.)

Thana no longer slows down healing. They buffed the numbers (it now goes up to 20% slowdown) but made it only affect Repairs, Sabotage and Totem Cleansing.

Which leads into this:

TGLT posted:

Thanatophobia's penalty isn't big enough nor on enough to use as your main slowdown perk.

I actually think now it will be more worth using, and better synergize with Sloppy Butcher. % slowdowns in this game stack multiplicativity in a really diminishing manner so you get a better slowdown on actual repairs along with the not that much slower heal from the Mangled status effect. In addition, I suggested it specifically because I assume they had Nurse's perks unlocked but not many of the other killer's perks at this point. I'd totally use Pop or Ruin over Thana on Huntress, but at the very least Huntress can do a good job keeping people injured so it's not the worst.