Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

My Costcos only sell repackaged Starbucks beans. Extremely cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
The sauce for those noodles is just soy and white sesame oil that's like the only ingredients. I add green onion and some wood ear mushrooms (rehydrated from dried) when I make them and then serve with like a fried egg for protein. I 100% agree they are not the best specially because right now I got like an 18 pack of Shin Ramyun for like 12.99 but they are still better than some garbage instant noodles I have had.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

toplitzin posted:

The silver bag Columbian is where it's at.

We cycle between that and rotating through the dark blends from Kicking Horse Coffee.

i usually buy counter culture for a really nice coffee but its like 12$ for a small bag. will give the colombian a shot i think ive seen it at my store

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Java Club medium roast 3lb bags of beans is the best value for coffee I can find anywhere and it's pretty decent to my tastes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Xaris posted:

Yeah the A-sha Tainan noodles are terrible. It's not even taht they're terrible, it's that their bland and stupidly salty for how bland it is. fwiw it's not the sauce packet that is like 200% of your daily sodium, i believe it's the noodles themselves. but they sure don't taste like it

That might explain why I was getting horrific heartburn from the noodles & curry I made but not when I mixed the curry with rice. (I avoid salt as much as possible for that reason)

Either way those noodles aren't worth the cost. For $1 a portion you can buy any number of specialty pasta/noodles that are 10x better.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I really like this Lavazza for both drip and espresso:

Every time I am at costco I pickup 1 or 2.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I'm kind of a coffee philistine, but there is a Charlottesville, VA roaster named Greenberry that has at least state wide Costco distribution that was really good. I see also a lot of VA beers and wines. Do you not have regional products like that in yours?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:coffeepal:

:sludgepal:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
So bizzare I never see any of those coffee beans at mine. Just Starbucks, Kirkland, SF Bay and New Mexico Pinon. Also the beans get stuck in my automatic grinder if they're too oily so I usually get lighter roasts, so that eliminates a bunch of them.

So many things today. The pumps now do tap to pay and ID on the Costco citi card, which is nice and fast. They got new carts too, which are whatever. The ones with the high back and low front that I think I've only ever seen at Costco. Lastly, they had yeast again. I check everytime and today was the first time. Gonna make some pizza dough to celebrate.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

bob dobbs is dead posted:

taiwanese instant noodle market is dominated by a buncha korean brands. number 1 in taiwan is shin ramen iirc

Shin ramyun is the one I picked up from Costco the other week. It's great

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

the Taiwan Number 1 noodles are growing on me. Or my sodium receptors are working at superhuman levels now.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i think the noodles are ok. the sauce isn't great but they aren't really that different than other instant noodles quality wise

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
If you like the chicken sausages, the "Aidell's Chicken meatballs: teriyaki and pineapple" are at least as good, I think better.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
ive been trying to find the meatballs but haven’t had much luck. are they in the frozen section or the refrigerated prepared foods section?

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

priznat posted:

I really like this Lavazza for both drip and espresso:

Every time I am at costco I pickup 1 or 2.

their classico variety is amazing, it is the only brewed/drip coffee i can drink right from the pot

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

durrneez posted:

ive been trying to find the meatballs but haven’t had much luck. are they in the frozen section or the refrigerated prepared foods section?

They're in the frozen section. Usually in the Pizza aisle in the Costco's I shop in. Large white bag with green trim and picture of the meatballs on front. They're pretty good for pre-made.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Carrion Luggage posted:

their classico variety is amazing, it is the only brewed/drip coffee i can drink right from the pot

I haven’t had that one but the supermarket I goto has their Rossa I think it is (silver/red bag) and it’s very good as well. I’ve tried all the kirkland brands Nd don’t care for them (they seem too dark roasted for me)

I just put a little sugar in sometimes or have my coffee black and they are great for that.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Couldn't find those cold brew cans at my costco today. I did find more of these though which had disappeared for a bit

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Someone made food out of garbage?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

GORDON posted:

I am what I eat

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I am what I eat

Certainly not. You're a fine human.

But fish skins.... as food.... blech

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

I'd eat fish skin with the fish, idk by itself

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I'm slowly working my way through this bag of Shrimp Chips. It's way bigger than I remember it being, and a serving size is 40 chips. That's a lot of chips, even when they are mostly air. They're vaguely sweet, like many Korean snacks seem to be, and they're full of butter and garlic and shrimp (13.5% shrimp!). I'm just hoping they don't go stale.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
oh boy do they go stale

repack them in airtight dealio if youre leaving some.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

redreader posted:

If you like the chicken sausages, the "Aidell's Chicken meatballs: teriyaki and pineapple" are at least as good, I think better.

Aidells is good stuff, their meatballs and sausage is legit in whatever flavor I’ve tried.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

GORDON posted:

Have you ever eaten hot dogs?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

GORDON posted:

Salmon skin hand rolls are amazing.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

Have you ever eaten hot dogs?

they're 100% beef :colbert:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cutting the skin off before you puddle and frying the skin in between two baking sheets is a pro move

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

silence_kit posted:

Yeah, these are way better than most chicken sausages I’ve tried. They aren’t dry like most chicken sausages.

I was very surprised how moist these were after pan frying them low. The Sabatino's artichoke and mozzarella sausages have been my go-to for a few years but I wanted to branch out. Glad it did.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Chinatown posted:

I was very surprised how moist these were after pan frying them low. The Sabatino's artichoke and mozzarella sausages have been my go-to for a few years but I wanted to branch out. Glad it did.

I snagged a pack of those for a friend's bday who really likes chicken sausage. She was very pleased.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

GORDON posted:

Think pork rinds, but better.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Unponderable posted:

Think pork rinds, but better.

:hai:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Shrimp chips were a pro buy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

SirPablo posted:

Shrimp chips were a pro buy.

Hell yeah

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Bought those cans of cold brew....bit more than I wanted to spend per can but they will be great for mornings when I dont want to brew a pot.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

schreibs posted:

Bought those cans of cold brew....bit more than I wanted to spend per can but they will be great for mornings when I dont want to brew a pot.

If you want some sticker shock, go to your local grocery store and see what they charge for cans of cold brew there. I checked a couple weeks ago, just about every brand was $3 for the same size can.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Not a purchase from Costco, but we were at Target today, and they had Bitchin Sauce.

"We gotta try it; everybody in the Costco thread says it's great!"

We only got a tub of original, but dang I can see why you guys were talking it up so much. Still hopeful our 'co starts carrying it.

PBUTT!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Bitchin' Sauce is on sale right now, big tub for $6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Not a purchase from Costco, but we were at Target today, and they had Bitchin Sauce.

"We gotta try it; everybody in the Costco thread says it's great!"

We only got a tub of original, but dang I can see why you guys were talking it up so much. Still hopeful our 'co starts carrying it.

PBUTT!

We got a big tub of the chipotle stuff at Costco. It had a cool texture and a nice spiciness that burnt coming and going. I ate too much, but then again it made me eat a ton of carrots and celery so maybe it’s a wash. I’d love to try the other flavors some day.