Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I just signed up for the week trial of Peacock premium plus because there is a few things I want watch and it seems like a dumb move to remove visibility of what content is only available with premium after you sign up. Theres no visual indication of what extra you are actually getting for an extra 5 or 10 dollars a month lol.

I might do that only because I want to watch the other two seasons of Mr. Mercedes and they’re only available on peacock if you have a subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm watching the new Tremors movie. These have never really been "good" movies but this is like a straight up ripoff of Jurassic Park 1/2

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Just gonna toss my worthless Death of Stalin opinion on the pile, that disgust and a refusal to watch is a completely valid take. I was really revolted by a lot of it, and I wasn't sure I'd ever watch it again. But I just put it back on my list. It's a good movie and at least I know all those guys are dead and generally seen as monsters in a monstrous time, especially Stalin, especially Beria (gently caress him) and especially all of them.

Great movie.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Medullah posted:

I'm watching the new Tremors movie. These have never really been "good" movies but this is like a straight up ripoff of Jurassic Park 1/2

The first Tremors is a good movie.

As for the new one, is it worth watching?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I just realized you can watch season 6 of Schitt’s Creek on Amazon Prime (via IMDB free with commercials which is part of Prime). I was waiting for it to show up on Netflix, but no longer.

Edit: confused by the fact I didn’t see a single commercial during the first episode. What is this IMDB section of Prime?

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 23, 2020

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The Trial of the Chicago 7 is extremely legit, even if you don't normally like Sorkin. Sacha Baron Cohen makes a great Abbie Hoffman.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

nate fisher posted:

I just realized you can watch season 6 of Schitt’s Creek on Amazon Prime (via IMDB free with commercials which is part of Prime). I was waiting for it to show up on Netflix, but no longer.

Edit: confused by the fact I didn’t see a single commercial during the first episode. What is this IMDB section of Prime?

IMDb TV is Amazon's free-with-ads thing. It plays by different rules than Prime Video.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

nate fisher posted:

Are you not in the US? I watched SC S6 on Netflix like 2-3 weeks ago.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Weaponized Cum posted:

Are you not in the US? I watched SC S6 on Netflix like 2-3 weeks ago.

I am, but I totally missed it showed up. Netflix didn’t tell me.

Also IMDB with ads 2 episodes and not a single ad.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

ruddiger posted:

I might do that only because I want to watch the other two seasons of Mr. Mercedes and they’re only available on peacock if you have a subscription.

ALERT: they're pretty bad.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Borat’s out

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

ALERT: they're pretty bad.

That’s the Stephen King I know and love.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh my God Borat 2 is amazing so far

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Are Amazon Prime’s subtitles totally hosed for anyone else? I’m watching Borat 2 on a Roku tv and they’re like ten seconds late even when something is in another language and should be subtitled

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Simone Magus posted:

Oh my God Borat 2 is amazing so far

It’s really faithful to the original

And if you think the original is just worn out jokes haha have you met my daughter

It still works though it’s just yep you can still find white trash in America

We’re trash and need reminds

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It’s really faithful to the original

And if you think the original is just worn out jokes haha have you met my daughter

It still works though it’s just yep you can still find white trash in America

We’re trash and need reminds

It's not just white trash. At the rich debutante ball he asks the old Asian guy "how much is my daughter worth" and the guy whispers "500" and the Asian guy's daughter just gives this look and says something like "you're loving disgusting" and it's the most amazing, honest thing

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Unmature posted:

Are Amazon Prime’s subtitles totally hosed for anyone else? I’m watching Borat 2 on a Roku tv and they’re like ten seconds late even when something is in another language and should be subtitled

I always use subtitles since I'm deaf as gently caress and they were on time with my Roku.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Every episode of The Boys had some scenes randomly subtitled in German until I brought up the subtitle menu.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Simone Magus posted:

It's not just white trash. At the rich debutante ball he asks the old Asian guy "how much is my daughter worth" and the guy whispers "500" and the Asian guy's daughter just gives this look and says something like "you're loving disgusting" and it's the most amazing, honest thing

Yeah the whole premise is this is real people who got punk’d with not much effort

None of it would be remotely funny if it weren’t one-sided

I struggle to think what I could get my fellow Americans to say if they didn’t know or care they were being recorded

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The bakery scene in Borat was incredible

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Yeah the whole premise is this is real people who got punk’d with not much effort

None of it would be remotely funny if it weren’t one-sided

I struggle to think what I could get my fellow Americans to say if they didn’t know or care they were being recorded

I dunno it feels like there are way more people who are in on the joke and just playing along, especially when he’s just borat. And it’s still funny. Like the lady in the dress store or the lipstick guy. It paces out the actual pranks pretty well which I find a little hard to watch sometimes.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Starks posted:

I dunno it feels like there are way more people who are in on the joke and just playing along, especially when he’s just borat. And it’s still funny. Like the lady in the dress store or the lipstick guy. It paces out the actual pranks pretty well which I find a little hard to watch sometimes.

Yeah I want the lipstick guy to just be organic.

No one say he wasn't he's just young.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I personally thought Borat 2 was just kind of okay, but I think that may be because at this point I’m mostly unphased by this poo poo. It used to be shocking to see Americans admit to horrific beliefs and prejudices and now you’ve got people openly saying it everyday and everywhere. We’ve always sucked but things have really ramped up in the 14 years since Borat 1 came out.

The best sequence in the movie is the two Qanon idiots he quarantines and goes to the rally with. The one dude gets legit emotional when he’s pleading with Tutar to help Borat. It’s loving hilarious that he was able to ingratiate himself so thoroughly in just a few days.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I personally thought Borat 2 was just kind of okay, but I think that may be because at this point I’m mostly unphased by this poo poo. It used to be shocking to see Americans admit to horrific beliefs and prejudices and now you’ve got people openly saying it everyday and everywhere. We’ve always sucked but things have really ramped up in the 14 years since Borat 1 came out.

The best sequence in the movie is the two Qanon idiots he quarantines and goes to the rally with. The one dude gets legit emotional when he’s pleading with Tutar to help Borat. It’s loving hilarious that he was able to ingratiate himself so thoroughly in just a few days.

Yeah not debating any of this but you said "loving hilarious" and sometimes it is. other time not so much

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Those two guys must’ve been in on it, right?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Starks posted:

I don't care if the FedEx guy was in on it, that was a great bit either way.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

John Bronco was a pleasant surprise.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
whats that on?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ruddiger posted:

Is the third season available somewhere?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Bly manor sucks. Holy poo poo I hate these awful loving ghosts

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

The Chad Jihad posted:

You didn't find it perfectly splendid?

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The Chad Jihad posted:

I really liked the first 3 episodes but I just finished episode 7 and I’m pretty ready for it to be over. It really feels plodding and uninteresting now.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

You didn't find it perfectly splendid?

I liked it pretty well up until episode 5! Not as much as Hill House, but still enjoyed it. Hated it from then on, never soured on a show that quickly before. Almost to the point of trying to find a website to write an angry review but I figured a shitpost here would be enough venting

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Witches remake suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The Chad Jihad posted:

I only got like...10 minutes in to the first episode and got distracted with something else. A friend of mine said is ok, but not scary.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Bly Manor has an extremely weird series arc where instead of building up the tension and mystery until a climax it starts off strong but then gets lost in a series of flashbacks to explain everything that is going on and totally kills any momentum. By the end it's basically downtown abbey + the world's least scary ghosts.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The Queen's Gambit on Netflix is great.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Desperado Bones posted:

I only got like...10 minutes in to the first episode and got distracted with something else. A friend of mine said is ok, but not scary.

Thanks for this compelling review.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

The Trial of the Chicago 7 is extremely legit, even if you don't normally like Sorkin. Sacha Baron Cohen makes a great Abbie Hoffman.

I hear they turned Hoffman into a liberal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It feels so "loosely inspired" sometimes and he takes such creative license (on an event he clearly wasnt very informed in) that it seems to solely exist for the purpose of sorkin writing liberal fanfiction