Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i still prefer the samizdat as a reference to the piss tape but i still like dfw so ymmv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Uptime Sinclair posted:

the first rule of kompromat is to make sure your kompromat is not recorded and distributed as part of a major motion picture

/
v:smugdon:v

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 23, 2020

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

wanting your own ray cohn but ending up with michael cohen and rudy g fits with the level of competency in every other aspect of his life

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

PCjr sidecar posted:

wanting your own ray cohn but ending up with michael cohen and rudy g fits with the level of competency in every other aspect of his life

he probably should have treated his original ray cohn better and he wouldn't have had to settle for the dollar store versions!

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

he probably should have treated his original ray cohn better and he wouldn't have had to settle for the dollar store versions!

he treated roy the way roy taught him to treat people

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

PCjr sidecar posted:

he treated roy the way roy taught him to treat people

dying from a disease he refused to admit existed while not paying taxes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i just watched the borat II movie

guliania probably didnt know she was 15 because the whole borat arrative is a construct created around a bunch of hidden cam pranks. very meta, but it works.

anyway it doesnt matter how old she was irl or how old he hoped she was. she was a young journalist who acted even younger, and a non-gross person would keep their hands out of their pants no matter how much their knee was touched.

also lmao that they used the "15 cases" clip from mike pence

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

they're making an animaniacs reboot. i can't wait for the dissertations from angry 40 year old children about how much it sucks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
pinkie and the brain are communist now

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Roosevelt posted:

they're making an animaniacs reboot. i can't wait for the dissertations from angry 40 year old children about how much it sucks

as long as it's not gritty i dont care

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
fact: i literally own an animaniacs tshirt

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

fact: i literally own an animaniacs tshirt
when you wear it, it owns you

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

rjmccall posted:

i haven't seen this movie and probably won't ever. if he was told she was fifteen then yeah that's bad. but i don't give a poo poo about a 75 year old completely consensually loving an adult

more or less

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

too late. dot's final line in the new theme song is "never mansplainey" and the nut jobs are bitching about how it's all a load of pc feminist sjw trash

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Chris Knight posted:

too late. dot's final line in the new theme song is "never mansplainey" and the nut jobs are bitching about how it's all a load of pc feminist sjw trash

well i mean, "the nutjobs"

you've been on the internet

that's kind of how they do

my first take was someone saying yakko sounds old and it turns out the voice actor is in fact old and also had throat cancer and i was like which one is yakko and which is wakko and okay they all sound older

but someone is going to pick on dot for some reason, yeah

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

ruining a show about cartoon characters who live in burbank by giving them hollywood values

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mansplain is an absolutely terrible neologism for something that totally deserves to be discussed and generally in the public consciousness

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/justinschuh/status/1319648705180360704

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

mansplain is an absolutely terrible neologism for something that totally deserves to be discussed and generally in the public consciousness

it's just when a man is right about something

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

1990s Animaniacs was 50% 20+ year old hollywood and pop culture references so it really makes no difference if kids watch it today.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Fingerprints!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

well this sure sounds like a really funny movie.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asjQNZn7vng

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Freeze-framing all the shots of newspapers in Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) to read the world-building. It's all surprisingly well done?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
say what you will about wes anderson, he makes his particular style of films very well

i really enjoyed Grand Budapest Hotel

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the new borat movie is really funny

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the "moon blood" scene is hilarious

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

infernal machines posted:

say what you will about wes anderson, he makes his particular style of films very well

He really does a great job at making interwar alt-Austria live/breathe.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines posted:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the "moon blood" scene is hilarious

A bunch of parts are obviously staged but it's still amazing how much access SBC is able to get.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
wes anderson movies are so loving twee, after you watch one you instinctively know how to play the ukelele

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

wes anderson movies are so loving twee, after you watch one you instinctively know how to play the ukelele
don’t you stan for violet evergarden lol

i think twee heads deserve to enjoy what they can, maybe not without a lil’ razzin

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive never seen a wes anderson movie and i don't think i'm about to start now. which is fine. he is skilled in his craft and i can respect that

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

SmokaDustbowl posted:

well poo poo you just said moon blood was funny in borat^2

guess what the name of the wes anderson movie that rubs people the wrong way is?

as a boy scout troop commander, i

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

ive never seen a wes anderson movie and i don't think i'm about to start now. which is fine. he is skilled in his craft and i can respect that
rushmore is just good for what it is and not overly twee. royal tenenbaums is more twee but also quite funny

or just continue as you were. it’s fine. it’s all fine

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

same, his poo poo seems Fine But Extremely Not For Me

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I liked royal tenenbaums and the life aquatic

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i also liked life aquatic a lot but the cg probably doesn’t hold up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

grand budapest hotel has voldemort in it and he likes to gently caress old ladies

but yeah rushmore and bottle rocket aren't saccharine like he's now known for