Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Do not post after you've been hammered, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I thought we were allowed to post while drunk these days

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Biaga, Brown, Navigation, Town Aligned Vanilla, was thrown out the airlock D3. He was not the impostor

It is now N3

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BODY FOUND!!!

Obama, Blue, Electrical, town aligned vanilla, was cut in half n3

It is now D4

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (4): Ceyton, JOHN CENA, Sandwolf, zzyzx

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 26th, 2020 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 3 days, 10 hours.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

What the gently caress, how have we not been endgamed :wth:

Is there only 1 scum left, or is someone sitting on a vigkill?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Ordinarily I would guess that 2/4 scum is the end of the game; which would mean only one left, with the survivor dead, and a no lynch would be correct. Any reason it might be left running with two scum?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I see a couple of possibilities:

- 1 or 2 more players are 3P
- One of the townies or 3Ps has a power than can still affect the outcome

It can't be 9 town / 1 survivor / 2 scum, can it? That seems pretty unbalanced.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I did play a game not too long ago with an SK who had day-vigs he saved until the end and won with. If that's the case, no-lynching probably doesn't work.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I hate this lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I watched Cena again- nothing.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

zzyzx posted:

I did play a game not too long ago with an SK who had day-vigs he saved until the end and won with. If that's the case, no-lynching probably doesn't work.

There's an interesting thought... but if true then things are pretty grim for town no matter what.

Sandwolf posted:

I hate this lol

Yeah, tell me about it :psyduck:

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Ceyton posted:

I see a couple of possibilities:

- 1 or 2 more players are 3P
- One of the townies or 3Ps has a power than can still affect the outcome

It can't be 9 town / 1 survivor / 2 scum, can it? That seems pretty unbalanced.

Seems unlikely, especially up against a number of power roles, unless one of the scum is a Hypercharger type. Even then.

2 imposters left and a town vig is only possible if a townie lied at some point - Ceyton claims mason, Sandwolf claims watcher, Cena claims vanilla, and I'm a vanilla hanging out in the reactor.

2 imposters left and a killing 3P seems unlikely, since that'd be 8 town vs 3 scum, an SK, and a survivor. Bit much.

I think 8 town, 2 scum, 1 SK-type, and 1 survivor might be the most natural fit.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wtf are y’all talking about if scum had a vig they’d have used it prior. No multiple kills a night. Either 1 or 2 scum left and this is either lylo or mylo. I probably won’t vote to NL tho.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

wtf are y’all talking about if scum had a vig they’d have used it prior. No multiple kills a night. Either 1 or 2 scum left and this is either lylo or mylo. I probably won’t vote to NL tho.

2 scum left means the game is over. The town can't kill either of them, unless someone lied and has a vig up their sleeve.

1 scum left means the setup looks awfully skewed, unless there are other 3Ps there. Hence the brainstorming about what those might look like.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Retro Futurist posted:

-I like to use new/weird roles, so if you don't like that you probably won't like this game.

None of the roles we've discovered so far have been new or weird. Scum hypercharger seems unlikely but not TOO outlandish.... 1 normal scum + 1 SK type is a more reasonable setup.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

What if one of us is a Hacker/Griefer :thunk:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There is one scum left, let us find them stop theorizing about roles it’s scummy as hell!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i assumed the game was over and didnt check in until just now when i went to go put on a podcast

i'll be home closer to 11:30 but if i can catch a decent sized break today i'll try to catch up.

just to reaffirm im vanilla.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If everyone had to vote, where would you vote?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just got home. gonna read the person i suspect the most over again to see if my gut is right before dropping a name. im specifically looking for their tone and behavior on two particular votes that gave me a lot of pause yesterday, especially with how the vote went down specifically.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cena are you scum?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Cena are you scum?

nope

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i'll be open with it before i post in depth the posts that bother me but im leaning zzyzx right now. short version because its late and im tired, they didn't vote squiggly day one but went out of their way to argue they didn't see the vote that day as a scum rush and that was the first thing that gave me pause. the other thing that really bothered me was them trying to pile onto a post pmush made implying me and her were scum together. it felt like he wanted to go as far as he could with lunchable targets. ceyton is alive, the claimed watcher is alive, im alive. the fact that im alive this late means its 99% not sandwolf, especially after last game when i ripped scum and retro futurist to shreds. i dont have a meta on ceyton. im wary, but even more wary of zzyzx.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is basically where i'm at

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also if i ever have a gun jose valasquez and sandwolf 100% die ASAP every time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats just a John Cena Rule.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m thinking Ceyton or zzyzx too cena but I know if you’re scum you’re smart enough to leave me alive if you know I have strong town read on you. The decision to kill Obama last night over me feels very..introspective. Which trends me away from Ceyton. But honestly following that thinking pushes me more towards you Cena then zzyzx.

Though maybe I’d vote zzyzx just cuz it feels right at this point. I’d be happy letting Ceyton win this on his own at this point if that’s what’s the case.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

also if i ever have a gun jose valasquez and sandwolf 100% die ASAP every time.

I am honored to be a part of this rule drat also I’d shoot JoseV every time too

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I am honored to be a part of this rule drat also I’d shoot JoseV every time too

he is a rat bastard and one of these games i am going to kill him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

but I know ...you’re smart

Sandwolf is scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No I’m drunk, but it’s nice to meet ya

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

poo poo post

Shotpoxt

Glasnost

Thawing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

these posts are mostly going to be about me but im going to dig deeper as we go along this probably wont be my only post.

zzyzx posted:

Cena:

He's constantly trying to make clear that he finds DB suspicious, and finds DB's posts weird, and wants to vote DB; but finds excuses not to (pretty artificial ones, at that) until the very last minute, when the decision has already been made for him.
if he wasnt aware that i have a very limited window to read posts/vote on days i work i can understand, but previously he posts

zzyzx posted:

Strongest mark in Cena's favor is that he cuts off DB's chance at a fakeclaim with the hammer well before the deadline, but I go back and forth on the significance of that. Could just be that he was at work, had to put a vote down, and figured the street cred was worth more than DB's claim would be.
so he acknowledges i voted last probably because i was stuck at work, which i was, but then tries to tack on intent to wave the whole thing away. this really burns my rear end. yes i thought db was suspicious. i raised those concerns early on and made it clear he was hte main person i didnt like. i didnt vote early because we had a rushed day one vote. so when i do go on lunchbreak, i see we only have a little bit of time left, an hour and change iirc, so i voted the person who i thought was scum, and they were -1. i didnt care about him claiming. but specifically going out of his way to discredit me, and not anyone else who voted for him really really bothered me. but pmush also raised the issue first so hey maybe he was influenced. i didnt go after it then.

he also starts to cape for pmush here but i don't buy his train of thought.

zzyzx posted:

I don't think it's PMush because the d1 hammer as a scum move invites all kinds of unfriendly attention she doesn't have to draw to herself, and the DB vote is very well-timed. The case against her seems largely to be "she over-reacted at the end of d1," which I didn't mind.

I don't think it's Ceyton because he's offered up as the quick target on d2, and then is generally treated as the alternative to lynching DB for most of the day. He and DB bicker in a way that reads genuine.

Obama's low on my list because he's an early adopter of the DB lynch and sticks with it. This series of Q&A reads like DB has found a townie he can Very Helpfully Explain Things To, rather than two buddies play-acting. And he's blue, which is cool.

You're low on my list on a gut read, so that leaves me with the three I posted about originally. I think they're the best place to focus today.

zzyzx posted:

It could be a genuine town power, or a town power that doesn't work correctly (gives all positive results, for example), or a scum power, but it doesn't seem likely to be made up entirely unless she and Cena are scum together. This post is consistent with having just targeted SNG on a gut feeling, and these posts are consistent with targeting JC on a gut read and then realizing that she interpreted her result on SNG wrong.

when it looks like pmush might be the vote we get this nugget

zzyzx posted:

If PMush flips town, would that convince you that Cena is scum who lied about visiting someone?

zzyzx posted:

If town, PMush would have picked up Cena being targeted or visiting someone. Cena has claimed that he can't visit anyone; your claim, if true, confirms he was not targeted.

I think PMush is town all things considered, but I wonder if lynching her would

a) hit scum (cool), or
b) hit town but confirm her claim, cornering Cena for the following day and leaving presumably only one scum left.
he votes pmush after this.

when i confirm pmush sent me a message and he's forced to take a stance

Ceyton posted:

Since you've confirmed PMush's claim, wouldn't that mean Sandwolf is lying? Or is there some reason PMush's night action wouldn't trigger positive on Sandwolf's?

zzyzx posted:

The message exists unless Cena and PMush are scum together, which means PMush successfully targeted Cena with a night action. Sandwolf's hypothetical where a scumbuddy messenger actually sends it doesn't work, because he presumably would have seen that happen.

sandwolf points out his repeated defending of pmush despite voting her and he unvotes.

Sandwolf posted:

you were lightly defending PMush beforehand, plopped a vote down with no explanation, and immediately went to work trying to derail the very lunch you just voted for.

this is what scum do when they think their teammate is up the creek

zzyzx posted:

Her posting prior to the claim points to her being town, so I didn't want to vote for her. You threw down a watcher claim that directly contradicted her and sounded plausible enough. She now has a night action that contradicts your watcher claim and is confirmed by another player.

zzyzx posted:

PMush doesn't have to be a ninja in order to be town, the watcher just has to get incomplete information for shadowy setup reasons.

Honestly, everything so far is still consistent with my reads back at square one - nothing precludes Cena from being scum while the both of you are town. The watcher claim and you (Sandwolf) wanting to punch everyone who disagrees with it reads town to me.

so what happens here, is he starts to dispute sandwolf, but doesn't accuse him or FOS him. he does make sure to discredit sandwolf while pushing he thinks im scum, but never follows through with a vote. i dont know if he knows pmush's role here but he's doing a lot of deflecting and not arguing for what makes her town which makes me think that if he is scum, he had a little bit of inside info.

zzyzx posted:

Remove PMush from the equation, and someone still successfully sent a message to Cena last night, which the watcher ability missed. The only way the watch didn't miss something is if the sender and the recipient are both lying and making the ability up.

again, trying to link me and pmush as a pair.

pmush was also aggressively trying to take me down the day she got voted, even going for the hard sell on sandwolf to just vote and not think about the details too much, claiming to have me dead to rights etc. i lied about having a power role in my last game but it was with intention of gaining reactions and reads to figure out who is scrambling as scum and who knows i am full of poo poo. here it was used to try and rush a vote on me, similar to how pmush rushed the vote on day one and hardcore overreacted to it. thats what i dont like. is a lot of this discomfort very me focused, yes it is, but that's all i have to go on. im going to look deep into ceyton in the morning.

he is on the biaga train the next day pretty quickly, of which i put a lot of work in the case on and wound up being wrong about. he's at least consistent since he expressed those feelings as early as day two.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also the key thing that makes me think sandwolf is town: when pmush lies about having a guilty report on me he could have simply said nothing and left me hung out to dry. sandwolf had nothing to gain by sticking his neck out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cena how much do you care about winning this one 1-10?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Cena how much do you care about winning this one 1-10?

6. i wanted to give the game an honest effort after trying hard in fox news worked and to make up for my lovely schedule but no pr makes it hard to care and not having meta on half the players here also kind of sucks. i also need to win town games to make scientastic look dumb.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HMmmm

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What do you think about Ceyton, Cena?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

What do you think about Ceyton, Cena?

im uneasy. unconfirmed mason makes me susicious and his d2 slapfight with you isn't a good look. early on i thought there was a decent possibility of it being ceyton and zzyzx but that feeling started to wane on day three. his posting on day three and day four seems a little bit better. only a little bit. i think day two could be frustrated townie sensing you as scum because he mostly looks concerned with db being defended, much like how pmush was defended d3. he expressed annoyance at hal voting for sng publicly instead of taking it to mason chat which i can understand, especially being stuck in a masonry with salthebard (no offense) and being annoyed with him constantly misrepresenting and lying about how our convos were going WHEN WE WERE BOTH TOWN. i dunno. he did point out pmush's hypocrisy which was a key part in getting her voted off.

Ceyton posted:

Meanwhile, on D2

lol

(click it)

so id say im probably 40/60 on ceyton being scum. the overreactions at the start of the game are weird but i also thought the game was already over so who knows.