Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Microsoft is pretty cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Vikar Jerome posted:

how do you know, its not even out yet

:thunk:

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

Also Microsoft has never made a good piece of hardware ever.

This is zune erasure

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Microsoft is responsible for Weezer's popularity and I hate them for it.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

RTJ, Earl, Aesop, Kanye minus the recent poo poo, Vince Staples, Kendrick, Tyler....a bunch! Been loving Black Thought’s recent solo stuff. Listening to “Perfect Imperfection” to Kevin Gates while I write this

I tried that Mamacita song QoP mentioned and it was quite bad imo

It's weird that the only time I feel old is that now Drake is "uncool" and Kanye is legit garbage, and his good stuff is now in the "classic". That makes me feel older. Otherwise I can pretend i'm still in my twenties for another year or two.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

magiccarpet posted:

Microsoft is responsible for Weezer's popularity and I hate them for it.

Not really sure what vector you’re approaching this bad take from but naaaaaaaaaaaaah

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Drake has never been cool.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The Surface is very nice

My $800 surface laptop is my dream machine! It's sleek, has a superior aspect ratio, and it even has a sweet alcantera keyboard (it doesn't get grimy unless you're some sort of nasty cheeto man). It could use a USB-C port but I think the new ones fixed that

Microsoft are giant dicks but they make some pretty sweet hardware

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

il serpente cosmico posted:

Drake has never been cool.

True but Take Care and Nothing Was the Same are great albums nonetheless

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

John F Bennett posted:

Microsoft is pretty cool though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TCxE0bWQeQ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

True but Take Care and Nothing Was the Same are great albums nonetheless

:hai:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Never saw BIGGIE make a leap like that

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
If Tupac could have hopped over that car seat he would probably be endorsing the xbox right now

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

lol just lol, if you don’t think pac would be looking forward to Demons Souls for the ps5 if he were alive

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

There's no cord with the controller. Wtf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfZ6yLeC1OI

loving Apple bravery.

Edit: also good size comparison and he uses the dual sense to play Forza on a pixel 5 later lol

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 24, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

3rd party called Platestation 5 is already selling faceplates for 40 dollars a pop (no sets, big rip off)

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-third-party-company-already-selling-custom-faceplates?amp=1

Probably not worth it unless you cant stand the greyish white default ones for a few months until officially licensed ones come out.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
At least everyone has a USB-C cord lying around, I guess

Real hurthling! posted:

3rd party called Platestation 5 is already selling faceplates for 40 dollars a pop (no sets, big rip off)

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-third-party-company-already-selling-custom-faceplates?amp=1

Probably not worth it unless you cant stand the greyish white default ones for a few months until officially licensed ones come out.

It's crazy how much better these look

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

One comes in the console box and i also got a switch charger too i guess but still sucks rear end to not get a complete product for 70 dolla

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

MechaSeinfeld posted:

lol just lol, if you don’t think pac would be looking forward to Demons Souls for the ps5 if he were alive

Tupac has secured his preorder and will be enjoying demons souls day 1 from his home in Havana.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I don’t think PS4 controllers come with micro USB cords, do they? I assume that’s why Sony figured they didn’t need to. One will come with system and that’s good enough in their eyes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pac is beyond consoles

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh yeah if it comes with the console that's fine. You'd think I'd remember considering I bought a (second) PS4 Pro in August.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Can the PS5 just be run without the faceplates?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

il serpente cosmico posted:

The One X was pretty good

One X was okay but overpriced, had no software support then was killed off in favour of the series S.

Microsoft have no games so it doesn't matter how good/bad their hardware is and their push towards a Netflix style game subscription model is the only thing they have (and it's bad)

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Bad Parenting posted:

One X was okay but overpriced, had no software support then was killed off in favour of the series S.

Microsoft have no games so it doesn't matter how good/bad their hardware is and their push towards a Netflix style game subscription model is the only thing they have (and it's bad)

The most correct post.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Can the PS5 just be run without the faceplates?

I doubt the software will know that they are off but it likely is better to keep them on so that the fan gets the air channels it was designed for and no objects get into it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

There's no cord with the controller. Wtf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfZ6yLeC1OI

loving Apple bravery.

Edit: also good size comparison and he uses the dual sense to play Forza on a pixel 5 later lol

I like that they aren't using plastic blisterpack anymore. That poo poo was a nightmare.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

No woodgrain, no sale.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:lmao:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bad Parenting posted:

Lots of games support 4k and HDR on the oneX. Not sure what software support youre referring to?

In what way is gamepass bad? Btw r6 siege just dropped on it so I'm gonna try that tonight. Should be fun getting my rear end handed to me.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Bad Parenting posted:

It was $100 more than the pro, but it also had a faster CPU, a superior GPU, more RAM, a UHD player, and a more robust cooling solution. All of that extra stuff does cost extra to produce.

I don't get what you mean by its lack of software support. Anything released for XB1 after the X came out had to be enhanced for it, and lots of games from last gen's best version was on the X. Its backcompat was really well done. It got killed off because there is a new console generation and the XSX is filling its niche, just as the XSS is filling the One S niche. Last gen's consoles do not have enough CPU horsepower to expect devs to continue to develop for the new consoles and old consoles without being stuck in cross gen hell forever. A clean generational break makes development easier and the games better in the long run. The Jaguar cores were always trash, but they are especially trash seven years later. Imagine this generation lasting seven more years and expecting developers to make an SKU of their games for a 14 year old laptop CPU.

I totally understand why Gamepass turns people off, but it's completely optional. You can buy games the conventional way. And there are plenty of game out he XB1, but obviously Sony does much better with first party exclusives. Some people don't care about those, though.

I do not care about Xbox because I have a decent PC, which means there's no real reason to buy one, but I do think the XB1X was a nice machine.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 24, 2020

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol my PS5 controller will be most often charged on my Nintendo switch dock.

Also I've been trying to look up PS5 content. Weird stuff.

1) 9 times out of 10 in have to dig through reaction videos and weird content farms before I find the actual official Sony video
2) Every Sony "influencer" or Sony specific channel I've found so far sucks rear end or is extremely annoying. Like that controller unboxing posted earlier, I made it about halfway through, it was just so loving haphazard in presentation. There is a real quality gap from what I can tell between Nintendo fan content and PlayStation fan content. Which is bizarre to me because Nintendo loving hates their own fans and takes them down whenever possible while Sony likes and nurtures their fans. Maybe I just haven't found the good Sony content yet. There's a ton of Nintendo content and influencers who are godawful, I just know where the good ones are.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Lol my PS5 controller will be most often charged on my Nintendo switch dock.

Also I've been trying to look up PS5 content. Weird stuff.

1) 9 times out of 10 in have to dig through reaction videos and weird content farms before I find the actual official Sony video
2) Every Sony "influencer" or Sony specific channel I've found so far sucks rear end or is extremely annoying. Like that controller unboxing posted earlier, I made it about halfway through, it was just so loving haphazard in presentation. There is a real quality gap from what I can tell between Nintendo fan content and PlayStation fan content. Which is bizarre to me because Nintendo loving hates their own fans and takes them down whenever possible while Sony likes and nurtures their fans. Maybe I just haven't found the good Sony content yet. There's a ton of Nintendo content and influencers who are godawful, I just know where the good ones are.

Even the simple stuff is kind of frustrating. “Smart Delivery” is mostly just a marketing term, but you can Google that easily and find an up-to-date list on Microsoft’s site. With the PS you have to search for “free upgrade to PS5” or similar and wade through five gmerzone.biz sites until you find the one that won’t lock you out for using an adblocker, and even then it may or may not be up to date

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It is my request that Sony continue making and relaxing hardware and software in the manner they do, but in other ways be stupid and silly in similar ways to Nintendo.

For instance I would enjoy Bugsnax more of it were inexplicably no longer available after March 31

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Real hurthling! posted:

that black one is sexy af

might have to pick it u-40 dollers what the hell!?

edit: lol their site is one of those new fangled weirdo web 3.0 ones where it pops up in the corner "someone from new jersey just bought a cherry red plate!" every few seconds, so i guess they are making bank on these already.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

not buyin a piece of colored plastic!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Apparently some Sony games are getting patches to optimize load times on the PS5. And in the case of The Last of Us Remastered that's even the case when playing on a PS4, though I'm not sure how much improvement you'll see without an SSD.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
That's the sort of thing I was worried Sony wouldn't bother with. Good to see. Maybe there's hope for a Bloodborne patch yet.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
anyword on dualsense battery life yet?

also, those tlouR loadtimes are on standard HDD's as well lol.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyCaliber/status/1319823285748682752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

edit: lol their site is one of those new fangled weirdo web 3.0 ones where it pops up in the corner "someone from new jersey just bought a cherry red plate!" every few seconds, so i guess they are making bank on these already.

as someone who works in tech my bet is that those pop ups are completely fake, generated from random info, to screw with your psychology