Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arzaac posted:

It's enough to make me a little wary of people that use that moniker.
Fujoshi as a term is pretty complicated because it was originally a sexist insult that the people being made fun of reclaimed. So I'd uh, give people using it a lot of slack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They mostly died off alongside the yaoi paddle in my experience.

The what.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8yuFmJVwtY

tl;dr: there was a hentai seller that had a comedy wooden oar with YAOI written on it in sharpie at one of their booths one year

someone asked to buy it

it became a meme

people started smacking each other on the rear end with it at cons

people started smacking people who werent in on the joke on the rear end with it at cons

it got banned

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
As a sexy twink who was too young for the first wave I'm hoping hetalia 2 brings back the spanking fujos (with safer equipment this time)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i would like to be this woman's wife

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Also it was an actual wooden oar and I'm p sure someone's tailbone got broke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

As a sexy twink who was too young for the first wave I'm hoping hetalia 2 brings back the spanking fujos (with safer equipment this time)

the funniest detail of that story that isnt in that video, is that a separate company tried to make a yuri paddle and a bunch of people called them gross and talked about how yuri fans were perverted dudes

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

i would like to be this woman's wife

I want to own her bra

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

the funniest detail of that story that isnt in that video, is that a separate company tried to make a yuri paddle and a bunch of people called them gross and talked about how yuri fans were perverted dudes

Pitching a yaoi manga where a guy breaks a sexy cosplay dudes tailbone with the yuri paddle and they fall in love when he visits him at the hospital every day

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
In the final chapter the sexy cosplay guy says "just don't break my rear end this time" and then it cuts to a black screen

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
yuri paddle on ice

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Pitching a yaoi manga where a guy breaks a sexy cosplay dudes tailbone with the yuri paddle and they fall in love when he visits him at the hospital every day

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

I would read this.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Pounded in the Butt By My Living Bishounen Yuri Paddle

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Wark Say posted:

I would read this.

:same:

Any good recs for sci-fi lgbt anime?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Yokohama shopping trip-oh anime, well that has an anime but I've never watched it

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
diebuster?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

T-man posted:

mobile suit gundam: ironblooded orphans *said sincerely*

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CYBEReris posted:

Pounded in the Butt By My Living Bishounen Yuri Paddle
Tingle'd again! :negative:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Endorph posted:

lmfao

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Endorph posted:

mobile suit gundam: ironblooded orphans *said sincerely*

does it really count? I remember the gay guy, but he's just a side character and he never even gets to confess to his love interest. Though he got to survive the ending.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Endorph was talking about Atra and Kudelia.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Good suggestions all, but I think a reread of YKK is the kinda vibe I'm in the mood for. I want to be a far future robot lady.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i can't believe i loving forgot they got married and adopted a child

genuinely very embarassed right now

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

T-man posted:

I didn't watch it myself yet, but I heard good things about No. 6

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RottenK posted:

does it really count? I remember the gay guy, but he's just a side character and he never even gets to confess to his love interest. Though he got to survive the ending.
shino's bi and also he does confess. or well, he starts to confess, shino cuts him off, and then the next ep it shows that shino already knew.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Endorph posted:

shino's bi and also he does confess. or well, he starts to confess, shino cuts him off, and then the next ep it shows that shino already knew.

oh, huh

between this and the other thing, the show's more gay than i remembered

also i now remembered how upset i was about shino dying and im feeling bad about it all over again :v:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

unfortunately I think otakon had banned them the year I first attended so I never got to experience them

on the other hand the upperclassmen girls who took me did a really cool loveless cosplay so that made up for it at least

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Happy for bees' rear end safety in one sense and possible lack of rear end safety in others

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

iirc the paddles were part of a sort of mini-era of boundary crossing that included "glomping". basically tackling someone without their awareness or consent and calling it a hug.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

'Fujoshi' rolls off the tongue really nicely, but there's no word for the opposite.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hungry posted:

'Fujoshi' rolls off the tongue really nicely, but there's no word for the opposite.
Theres fundanshi but its very rarely used and nobody agrees on if it means male yuri fan or male bl fan

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

What about a woman into yuri?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That's Yuru Yuri

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I personally include yuri into my Fujoshitude

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Endorph posted:

Theres fundanshi but its very rarely used and nobody agrees on if it means male yuri fan or male bl fan

Fudanshi, and I've never heard it applied to male yuri fans, it'd be a lot more common as a term if it had traction there surely.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Yeah, the term for a male yuri fan is himedanshi (and logically, a female yuri fan is himejoshi)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8yuFmJVwtY

tl;dr: there was a hentai seller that had a comedy wooden oar with YAOI written on it in sharpie at one of their booths one year

someone asked to buy it

it became a meme

people started smacking each other on the rear end with it at cons

people started smacking people who werent in on the joke on the rear end with it at cons

it got banned

hahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Doc V posted:

Yeah, the term for a male yuri fan is himedanshi (and logically, a female yuri fan is himejoshi)

Oh huh, I did not know this.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Doc V posted:

Princess lad is a great name, drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post