Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

What are some nice outdoor lighting options to look out for? I'm using the little garden lamps at the moment but I'd like something taller and don't have enough nook miles for a dozen streetlamps.

I know about the halloween one but I won't be using those all year. I also know about the neon palm trees, going to be replacing my tiki torches with those on the beaches when I find the recipe but the rest of the island is more temperate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

Black Robe posted:

What are some nice outdoor lighting options to look out for? I'm using the little garden lamps at the moment but I'd like something taller and don't have enough nook miles for a dozen streetlamps.

I know about the halloween one but I won't be using those all year. I also know about the neon palm trees, going to be replacing my tiki torches with those on the beaches when I find the recipe but the rest of the island is more temperate.

There's a taller stone lamp that comes as a diy recipe called "tall lantern" The bamboo floor lamp DIY is a bit shorter but ok too.

There's a couple DIYs for hyacinth and shell shaped lamps and the nova light from celeste. There's some other stuff too but I think it's all seasonal.

I really like the paper lanterns from the catalogue because you can customise them. If you need these I can give you one of each colour so you can order more.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ktb posted:

There's a taller stone lamp that comes as a diy recipe called "tall lantern" The bamboo floor lamp DIY is a bit shorter but ok too.

There's a couple DIYs for hyacinth and shell shaped lamps and the nova light from celeste. There's some other stuff too but I think it's all seasonal.

I really like the paper lanterns from the catalogue because you can customise them. If you need these I can give you one of each colour so you can order more.

Thanks for the offer but I don't have NSO (yet), I think I have a paper lantern in storage anyway, I'll have to try customising it. The tall and bamboo lanterns look pretty good, I'll have to watch for those/maybe do some nook tours hunting extra bottles or something.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

Black Robe posted:

Thanks for the offer but I don't have NSO (yet), I think I have a paper lantern in storage anyway, I'll have to try customising it. The tall and bamboo lanterns look pretty good, I'll have to watch for those/maybe do some nook tours hunting extra bottles or something.

Be sure to check villagers. Three craft a day. Approximately 9-12, 1-3, 3-6. I’ve found it varies sometimes if I start early but each day is a guarantee of three villagers crafting plus the bottles and balloons.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I have Maggie the little pig in boxes today if anyone wants her.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Be sure to check villagers. Three craft a day. Approximately 9-12, 1-3, 3-6. I’ve found it varies sometimes if I start early but each day is a guarantee of three villagers crafting plus the bottles and balloons.

It's more like 6-12, 12-6, 6-midnight

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

Just had a display issue on the switch that made everything look quite disturbing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ktb fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 24, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Yeah, I've been checking in. Most of them are stuck on Halloween stuff or various flower crowns at the moment but every now and then one of them does cough up something different.

Ktb posted:

Just had a display issue on the switch that made everything look quite disturbing.

oh god one of the nooklings dissolved in the radiation

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Ktb posted:

W̷̨̫̯͕̺̋͋̈́͑̈́ͅe̴͕͕̺͖̭̪̭̘͕̾͒l̵̦͖͗͛͐̄͘͝͠͝͠c̸̛͚̙̫o̸͔̝͓̖̯̱̒̄͌̓́͂͘ḿ̴͖̘͈̹͇̦͚͌͛͗ͅe̵̢̠̯̪̮̙͚͎̾̈́͊̈͜

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Ktb posted:

I had the same thing happen to my game this morning. I was certainly awake after that! :v:

Also, the day after I gave Claudia an aluminum briefcase I got her photo. Will I get Lucky's next or another from someone else?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ktb posted:

Animal Crossing x Splatoon WHEN

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Got Roscoe the punk horse last night but had to say good bye to Caesar :smith: I’ll miss you Danky Kang

Esit: Roscoe is all black and wearing a leather jacket so he probably likes Social D and the Misfits

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ktb posted:

Where is the sanity meter?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ktb posted:

Hi yes that's frankly disturbing but the bigger issue at hand is can I have the director's chair?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffle! posted:

W̷̨̫̯͕̺̋͋̈́͑̈́ͅe̴͕͕̺͖̭̪̭̘͕̾͒l̵̦͖͗͛͐̄͘͝͠͝͠c̸̛͚̙̫o̸͔̝͓̖̯̱̒̄͌̓́͂͘ḿ̴͖̘͈̹͇̦͚͌͛͗ͅe̵̢̠̯̪̮̙͚͎̾̈́͊̈͜

.̶̰͈͖̗̳͔̯͇̳͘͟.̗̫͔͞.̶̡̻͙c̮̱͠o̧̠̗̱͎͞m̞̙͚̝̺͡e̛͖̦̗̕͞!̩͈̮̬̱̫͉̟̀

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Poo Island is open for a touch party! The entire island is now a touch zone! Over 200 complete sets are here for you to catalogue, including the complete antique, cute, diner, and Imperial sets! All the wall items are in a couple of areas together, so you don't have to do much hunting. There are too many sets to list in this post; thankfully I now have a handy Google Doc for you to peruse:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11OYnY0X1kRaTXSF24jtZZ0pPwRFJn4TYUN6u-ksMNaU/edit?usp=drivesdk

Enjoy the symmetry, wide open spaces, and straight paths that make it easy to sprint from one area to the next. Seriously, touch zones are EVERYWHERE, and I wanted it to be easy for you to get around easily!

I'd appreciate you keeping the sets together when you drop them, please and thank you! Don't forget to check out the DIY recipe cards all over the southern beaches, and grab a mystery prize before you head home. Will it be a stack of NMT or literal garbage, or anything in between? Who knows!

I love to say hi and read bulletin board notes, and if you happen to have anything handy from my wishlist, I'd love to touch it! My goal is to have every set complete and here on the island for lovely people like yourselves to touch and catalogue, but I can't do it alone!

https://nookplaza.net/lists/56837

EDIT: closed! Planning on opening every day in the next week, so I'll see you soon if you missed out today!

Metaline fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 25, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Welp, got a private solo performance from KK tonight, none of my villagers could be arsed to show up. :v: Sorry dude, everyone went home early I guess.

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

The Lobster posted:

Hi yes that's frankly disturbing but the bigger issue at hand is can I have the director's chair?

If you actually want it I've got a code up in the doodoo thread or you can go to Metaline's and catalogue them all

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ktb posted:

If you actually want it I've got a code up in the doodoo thread or you can go to Metaline's and catalogue them all

I didn't realize there was a dodo thread but I will probably just drop by Poo Island.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

The Lobster posted:

I didn't realize there was a dodo thread but I will probably just drop by Poo Island.

Hell yeah, come on by!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is Closed
Single Digits until Halloween as we have another day of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween!

I am your gracious host Stonks, the All Purpose Anim...Hey, get a room you two!

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House ! Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?
The Rooms Include:

The Forbidden Summons
'The Stiching Room'
Graveyard of Villagers Past
Hell Itself
The Laboratory of Madness
The Church of Resurrection

We're at max spookcapacity right now, any spookier and they'll revoke our spook license If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

Anything at nooks is up for purchase, so help yourself

The ables have the little cat faces for all your dress up needs, and don't forget your candy at nooks!

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 25, 2020

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Metaline posted:

Hell yeah, come on by!

I cannot express my gratitude, my game is so early on.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

The Lobster posted:

I cannot express my gratitude, my game is so early on.

I am so happy to help!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I've got Antonio's delayed birthday, turnips at 629 bells, and a pile of DIYs and fossils.

Plus more fruit and pumpkins than I'll ever use but I can't stop myself from planting more.

Stop on by, the code's in the other thread :spooky:

pech
Jul 19, 2004

What’s the other thread ?

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

pech posted:

What’s the other thread ?

Link it's in PGS

Ktb fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 25, 2020

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Does anybody have any extra green mums and/or a Rocket that they can part with? I absolutely hosed up my mum breeding program and I really don't want to start all over again. Also, the rocket is the last thing I need to build the gundam!

I'd be happy to trade some gold/bells for your trouble! Gates are open at 4MTP0

Edit: I can also craft you a golden toilet/casket/armor/bars/seat etc. in case you don't have that particular DIY

Feel free to buy whatever you'd like at Nook's, take whatever fruit you'd like, take the money on the bell trees, whatever floats your boat!

Edit 2: Thank you so much, random goon! I'm going AFK but I'll leave my island open incase anybody else wants to get rid of some flowers. I've left 2x Golden Toilet and 1 Golden Armor on the beach next to the airport, help yourself!

Farten Barfen fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 25, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

No, Mac. Bad dog. You are never allowed to leave. (why couldn't it have been Ruby asking)

Vivian is here and I love her already. She is... unlikely to get on with most of my idiot squad. I should try and recruit a friend for her next time I get a vacancy.

Snot-pig has coughed up my vegetables for the week, if I could not have a fluctuating pattern this time that would be great thanks.

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

I can help out with quite a few wishlist items. I'm in the UTC+1 time zone, and I can do fairly late or early but preferably not the middle of the night.

I can bring:

Drum set - black & white, smooth white
Fishing-boat flag - tsurukamemaru - longevity
Floor seat - light wood, pale grass green (ordered, will have it on Monday)
Glass holder with candle - pink
Heart doorplate - purple (ordered, will have it on Monday)
Kitty litter box - white (ordered, will have it on Monday)
Long bathtub - green
Magnetic knife rack - wooden (ordered, will have it on Monday)
Microwave - black
Monstera - yellow
Old-fashioned alarm clock - copper
Paper lantern - dark wood, plain (ordered, will have it on Monday)
Piano bench - camel
Portable record player - pink
Rattan low table - white
Rock guitar - cosmo black, none
Tankless toilet - blue
Tapestry - bird
Throwback wrestling figure - pink
Toilet - dark wood
Train set - summer
Upright piano - maple
Wall clock - white

I can probably knock out another 4-5 items if I do another catalog order for Tuesday.

The Clowning fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 25, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Finally got around to finishing my shrine to the PUMPKIN KING!

No, the other one.

https://twitter.com/kotexfitts/status/1319995136479088641?s=21

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Finally got around to finishing my shrine to the PUMPKIN KING!

No, the other one.

https://twitter.com/kotexfitts/status/1319995136479088641?s=21

This is the only member of the gourd monarchy I personally recognize...

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Poor Klaus. Nobody likes him. Three different villagers have sent him new shirts because everyone thinks he looks dumb in his toga, and now he's trying to look at some flowers and Bianca keeps doing airplane zoomies into him and pushing him out of the way.

Sucks to be him since there are other smug villagers I'll happily replace him with if given the opportunity.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So, uh, we have this weird rabbit thing at our campsite. Pink with a blue karate gi and a metal headband and a lollipop?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So, uh, we have this weird rabbit thing at our campsite. Pink with a blue karate gi and a metal headband and a lollipop?

A rabbit ninja named Snake. Can't get more badass than that.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Luckyyyyyyy. I tried getting him to move to Fiorina during the week but I kept losing his stupid card game.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Don't mind me, just casually erasing a long stretch of river and moving things around so I can spend the next week slowly spreading my villagers out just enough to give each of them little gardens. I want to keep them close together and near the plaza and stores but they were a bit too close.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is Snake that valuable? We have Hamlet as our jock and he’s one of our originals and we love him. Also, Blanche will be in boxes tomorrow.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Is Snake that valuable? We have Hamlet as our jock and he’s one of our originals and we love him. Also, Blanche will be in boxes tomorrow.

He's appeared in every Animal Crossing game to date, so some people are quite attached to seeing a familiar friend.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Blanche is one of my favs, quite so.

Anyone have experience using an amiibo to bring in a new villager? Is it true I get to choose who to kick out? Got Julia's card coming in the mail because my girlfriend loves peacocks, and I'd be thrilled to finally get rid of Buck. He's an original villager, and we hate him, and he won't ever leave.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Slugworth posted:

Anyone have experience using an amiibo to bring in a new villager? Is it true I get to choose who to kick out? Got Julia's card coming in the mail because my girlfriend loves peacocks, and I'd be thrilled to finally get rid of Buck. He's an original villager, and we hate him, and he won't ever leave.
Yup. You have to invite them three times and make them a gift each time and then you'll have the option to kick whoever to invite them.