Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Happy Scott Frost day!

Edit: huh, copy and pasted the thread title from the gdt and just noticed the spelling of Coastal

Rectal Placenta fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Lovie smith isn't getting the job done but this is the best illinois will ever be

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou rocks gently caress yall

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

biggest northwestern win over a big ten opponent since 1970

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I lost a lot of respect for ryan day when he apologized for scoring a garbage time td.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

whos that broooown posted:

I lost a lot of respect for ryan day when he apologized for scoring a garbage time td.

i saw that on the ticker and its legit the lamest poo poo i've seen in college ball

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction
Okie State defense bitch

TheWordOfTheDayIs fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 25, 2020

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
mizzou beat kentucky, drink is already a better coach than odom. poo poo, we may even win another game or two. this rocks

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Nebraska is about what we expected, I guess. Pelini is the best Nebraska coach since Solich. Hard to believe.

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

Okie State defense bitch

My gut tells me that someone will rip their heart out before the season is over.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Lovie smith isn't getting the job done but this is the best illinois will ever be

he shaved the beard, it's unforgivable

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

whos that broooown posted:

Never apologize to Nebraska.

School or state.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
lol get hosed KU.

https://twitter.com/MattBrownCFB/status/1320059244683591680?s=20

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Nebraska is about what we expected, I guess. Pelini is the best Nebraska coach since Solich. Hard to believe.

It took a long time but watching Nebraska loving twist in the wind for almost two decades while expecting a return to glory has almost made me forget the 96 Fiesta Bowl.

poo poo the Chris Brown/Bobby Purify game almost did it on its own. That game was orgasmic.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

LeeMajors posted:

i saw that on the ticker and its legit the lamest poo poo i've seen in college ball

Even Tressel didn't do that poo poo.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

This graph pleases me

Maybe I should :nws: it...

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
The latest victory over Tennessee may end up being a pyrrhic one, but still got to smoke it up tonight.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It loving sucks that I can't go to Rutgers Indiana next week.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

LLCoolJD posted:

My gut tells me that someone will rip their heart out before the season is over.

Down deep I also know this :shepicide:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

It loving sucks that I can't go to Rutgers Indiana next week.

This is truly depraved.

Anyway we’re gonna lose by 50 to Michigan next week

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

This graph pleases me

Never in doubt

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Hilarious that Sparty popped off with a dud this year rather than bother to get anyone's hopes up

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice football status:
https://twitter.com/AtTheRoost/status/1320142414296895488
At least we got some national exposure by losing in one of the goofiest possible ways?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Snake Dance posted:

The latest victory over Tennessee may end up being a pyrrhic one, but still got to smoke it up tonight.

Sucks about Waddle. He is obviously a first round dude and I hope he has a solid recovery.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Holy gently caress it's like Mel Tucker never ran a turnover drill before.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Thank you Pruitt for killing any hope I had for this year early on you stupid gently caress

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Thank you Pruitt for killing any hope I had for this year early on you stupid gently caress

thats what you get for hiring a guy who doesnt know what asparagus is.

•In Tennessee's last 155 games, they are 77-78.
•In Tennessee's last 100 SEC regular season games, they are 35-65.
•In their last 12 games against Alabama, Georgia, and Florida, Tennessee is 0-12. The average score has been 42-13.
•Tennessee hasn't had a 10-win season since 2007.
•Tennessee has had 15 straight 4+ loss seasons.
•Tennessee hasn't finished the season in the AP top 20 in the last 12 years.
•Tennessee hasn't had consecutive 10-win seasons since 2003-2004, which is much better than Auburn (1988-1989).
•Neither Tennessee nor Florida won today.
•Butch Jones had 11 20+ point losses in his six seasons as head coach.
•Jeremy Pruitt already has 12.
•For the first time since 2016, Tennessee has allowed 34+ points in three consecutive games in a season.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Oct 25, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

LeeMajors posted:

everyone should be holding the score up to the ad’s face and going, “is this what you wanted? are you happy now?” in increasing pitch and volume until next week imo

oof

KKKLIP ART posted:

thats what you get for hiring a guy who doesnt know what asparagus is.

•In Tennessee's last 155 games, they are 77-78.
•In Tennessee's last 100 SEC regular season games, they are 35-65.
•In their last 12 games against Alabama, Georgia, and Florida, Tennessee is 0-12. The average score has been 42-13.
•Tennessee hasn't had a 10-win season since 2007.
•Tennessee has had 15 straight 4+ loss seasons.
•Tennessee hasn't finished the season in the AP top 20 in the last 12 years.
•Tennessee hasn't had consecutive 10-win seasons since 2003-2004, which is much better than Auburn (1988-1989).
•Neither Tennessee nor Florida won today.
•Butch Jones had 11 20+ point losses in his six seasons as head coach.
•Jeremy Pruitt already has 12.
•For the first time since 2016, Tennessee has allowed 34+ points in three consecutive games in a season.

forget it jake it’s tennesseetown

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cthulu Carl posted:

This graph pleases me

I had IU plus 6.5 so if Penn State would have just ran out the clock I was fine but this ended up much better lol. PSU is going to be the film every coach shows his players when they score rather then take a knee like they say too. Is this the only time letting them score has ever worked?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Saw someone describe this yesterday as like a bird flying into a glass door
https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1320349601770180613

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Wvu continues mediocrity. I liked being in the big East :(

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The Vols had no chance yesterday (no QB really and not enough D talent). The Hokies i guess are what they are under fuente. Dude is not gonna turn this thing around, the inconsistency is all on him and his staff. the offense was keeping us going, but our pass game is way way way too simple. Probably why they didn't use it last week when they didn't have to. Best players probably gone after this season (Herbert, blackshear, Farley) and after 5 years of taking tons of WRs still none that can do a drat thing on game day. Pathetic.

pruitt can recruit, maybe they get it figured it out down on rocky top. in blacksburg, nah it's just not even worth being excited about the program anymore. Everytime you give them some benefit of the doubt, they poo poo the bed against a team that shouldn't be close, and you know there is nothing coming down the pipeline that'll make it better.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’s a weird season so i don’t think fuente will be fired this year but next year his seat’s gonna be on loving fire

i wonder if fickell would ever leave the midwest, i feel like that would be a slam dunk

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't want to make too much of a game where Iowa lost at least 3 points when our guard accidentally punched the ball out of the running backs hand like 10 yards down field but it really wasn't much fun to watch.

Petras has flashes and might have the best arm of any Iowa QB ever but he was very erratic with his accuracy and looked nervous. He had a few laser squeezed into tight windows mixed with bad overthrows of wide open guys. The run game did look pretty good, it was the best the line has looked run blocking against a semi-real opponent in a few years I think, and Tyler Goodson is a really good back.

Bigger worry is the defense, the coverage just wasn't very good all game with David Bell getting completely alone multiple times even though he was the entire Purdue passing game with Moore out and the line struggling to get pressure aside from Davion Nix. They've been recruiting well at corner but they don't seem to have the standout guy they've typically had like King, Jackson, or even Ojemudia last year. Maybe Hankins gets there but it just did not look like an Iowa defense.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I have a feeling the 2021 football season is going to have a lot of coaches with a molten hot seat. I don’t think that it’s gonna look great to fire a coach this season even if things are bad because the money situation is so awful but you know some school is going to pony up a big buyout anyway. I think Gus is safe, I think Pruitt is safe, but next year is going to be do or die for both of them.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The circumstances may save a few coaches who would otherwise be fired, but there will be some programs who absolutely still pull the trigger. I don’t know who it’s gonna be, but I wouldn’t bet on all of the guys mentioned above making it to 2021.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Tennessee pain facts

:bisonyes:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tennessee has become the King Mabel of college football. Sucks, the matches are lousy, but you can always count on the Vols to oafishly hurt someone.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I have no idea what to think about Kentucky. The offense is completely jekyll and hyde. Two second half turnovers against Auburn to set up short fields turned a close game into a blowout. Stayed with a high powered Ole Miss offense but a missed FG and missed OT extra point were the difference in the game. Struggled against Miss St but were saved by excellent defense. Rebounded against Tennessee but final score was aided by 2 pick sixes. Was non-existent against Mizzou. The defense gets a huge stop after a 9 minute drive to prevent any points, and gets rewarded by the offense going 3 and out. It's amazing they only gave up 20 points while spending 43 minutes on the field.

A lot of the focus is on the struggles at QB, but what's most frustrating to me is not giving the ball to you best offensive weapon because you're loyal to the senior instead. AJ Rose can break a run every now and then, but he has fumbling issues and is not the tough yard guy. Chris Rodriguez is called mini Benny for a reason. He's averaging around 5 yard a carry, gets yards after contact, gets out of tackles the way Benny Snell did. Obviously that kind of guy works in this offense, Bowden did the same kind of thing last year. But they are continuing to split carries and it doesn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Nice to see a wisconsin qb that can throw. I know it's just illinois, but still impressive.