Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Couldn't post this on reddit for some reason, probably for the best cause reddit is a shithole but at least they have a specific community for Chicago people...If you can find me the answer to this I will do something nice for you....

When I was in middle school I was dating the woman I'm married to now and we went on a trip to Chicago as part of our school's 8th grade graduation celebration thing. We went to a few different places and I was just really awestruck by being away from my family and alone with my girlfriend, because my hormones were raging and I was a stupid kid. BUT it was a very formative experience for me and I want to go back and visit the places I did now with my wife. The one place I can't remember the name of was a two story arcade...it was cool as hell and my fondest memory is playing House of the Dead 3 with my now-wife. I believe it was not downtown.

If anyone could please for the love of god tell me if this place still exists, I just want the name. Have mercy on my soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Dennis' Place For Games always intimidated me so much when I was there at like 17 that I never checked if they had a second floor, so that must be it.

Virgil Thatcher
Mar 3, 2008
gameworks is in Schaumburg and they have two floors and several house of the dead machines or at least they did last time I was there in like 2008

they also had F-Zero AX

place was cool

Virgil Thatcher fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 25, 2020

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

i must compose posted:

Couldn't post this on reddit for some reason, probably for the best cause reddit is a shithole but at least they have a specific community for Chicago people...If you can find me the answer to this I will do something nice for you....

When I was in middle school I was dating the woman I'm married to now and we went on a trip to Chicago as part of our school's 8th grade graduation celebration thing. We went to a few different places and I was just really awestruck by being away from my family and alone with my girlfriend, because my hormones were raging and I was a stupid kid. BUT it was a very formative experience for me and I want to go back and visit the places I did now with my wife. The one place I can't remember the name of was a two story arcade...it was cool as hell and my fondest memory is playing House of the Dead 3 with my now-wife. I believe it was not downtown.

If anyone could please for the love of god tell me if this place still exists, I just want the name. Have mercy on my soul.

Literally the plot to Big

The Walrus Cancer
Sep 14, 2018

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.
Did you try checking up your rear end?

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Virgil Thatcher posted:

gameworks is in Schaumburg and they have two floors and several house of the dead machines or at least they did last time I was there in like 2008

they also had F-Zero AX

place was cool

This is it. Blessings upon you and yours. That place looks cool as poo poo, I'm totally going back to Chicago in winter to relive my youth when I have vacation days. Now what can I do to pay you back?

The Walrus Cancer
Sep 14, 2018

i must compose posted:

This is it. Blessings upon you and yours. That place looks cool as poo poo, I'm totally going back to Chicago in winter to relive my youth when I have vacation days. Now what can I do to pay you back?

You could get him some hookers and blow.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

just FYI there is a Chicago thread here

Virgil Thatcher
Mar 3, 2008

i must compose posted:

Honestly just enjoy yourself and if you need any advice on getting around the city/restaurant recommendations let me know always a pleasure to help someone enjoy my fair city, congratulations on the wife

E: or what the walrus guy said

Virgil Thatcher fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 25, 2020

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Walrus Cancer posted:

Did you try checking up your rear end?

Wow this is very rude for such a wholesome thread.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Do they have Frogger?

The Walrus Cancer
Sep 14, 2018

Chomp8645 posted:

Wow this is very rude for such a wholesome thread.

Yeah, I regret making that post.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Walrus Cancer posted:

Yeah, I regret making that post.

Confucius say: difference between wise man and fool not how many bad posts made, but from how many learned.

Virgil Thatcher
Mar 3, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Do they have Frogger?

Don't remember frogger being there but there was a bar area with pac man, donkey kong and pinball

again this information is highly dated

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Virgil Thatcher posted:

Honestly just enjoy yourself and if you need any advice on getting around the city/restaurant recommendations let me know always a pleasure to help someone enjoy my fair city, congratulations on the wife

E: or what the walrus guy said

You are a good man. If you have any recommendations that an out of towner should see, let me know! I have always loved and always will love chicago because of my mental associations with it! And I would always love to find new things to love about it. Namaste.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I went to Gameworks when I was in high school and I pretty much only remember getting electrocuted by a live wire or something from one of the machines. I didn’t tell anyone after it happened and my elbow hurt for weeks.

It was scary as poo poo

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Reiche posted:

I went to Gameworks when I was in high school and I pretty much only remember getting electrocuted by a live wire or something from one of the machines. I didn’t tell anyone after it happened and my elbow hurt for weeks.

It was scary as poo poo

Your avatar looks as though that scene has been captured on film

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i only read half the words int he op but im preerty sure the place your looking for is caddlisc and dodge strret

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i must compose posted:

Couldn't post this on reddit for some reason

gently caress you

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I played Gauntlet there one night in 2005 with a couple friends. This really creepy guy sidled up and started playing with us, he knew everything about this nothing of a game and kept telling us things about it while asking us personal questions. Another friend and I excused ourselves to get drinks while leaving the third with this creepy guy to play through the game over the course of an hour.

We never saw him again.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Mattavist posted:

I played Gauntlet there one night in 2005 with a couple friends. This really creepy guy sidled up and started playing with us, he knew everything about this nothing of a game and kept telling us things about it while asking us personal questions. Another friend and I excused ourselves to get drinks while leaving the third with this creepy guy to play through the game over the course of an hour.

We never saw him again.

Pounded In The rear end And Abducted By The Gauntlet Guy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mattavist posted:

We never saw him again.

Well big old :rip: to your friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Mattavist posted:

We never saw him again.

That's really disturbing. Did either of you go to his home later to try and, err, raise him? Did you call the police?