Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

:11tea:Hey everyone. The old tea crew thread is buried, so I'm postin' a new one!:11tea:

:11tea:Again, this is an easygoing thread. We're not going to get too hung up here on the definition of "tea". Herbal infusions and other such drinks are welcome for discussion! It doesn't have to involve any camellia sinensis at all! Just no coffee! You sick weirdos (it's okay I still luv ya)! But hey, if the countries tea has been drunk in for centuries call herbal and flower teas tea, it is fair fuckin' game! And yes, those Korean honey tea things are also fine! Just sit back, relax, brew a pot, and have a good time!

I was out of tea recently so I made the trip out to Kobe's Chinatown to get some more. Specifically I'd run out of black tea, got some Yunnan gold that I'm drinking right now! It's not a super fancy variety but one of my favorite morning teas! The woman there also sold me on some pu erh tea, and said it went well with a little bit of this flower tea as a mix! Now that it's getting colder I think that'll be a nice one to have!

:11tea: As the tag suggests, this thread is a safe space for tea discussion, chat, questions, etc. If you have any questions about things like styles of tea, where to get certain teas, etc. feel free to ask! I'm sure the friendly members of Tea Crew will be happy to help out! We just like to chill and relax with a cup of the stewed leaves and like to help anyone out who might need it!

:11tea:Tea, baby! It's good!:11tea:

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

i drank tea today, it was good. decaf earl grey since i was drinking it in the evening

i will probably drink tea tomorrow and it'll probably be regular earl grey because i will be drinking it in the morning

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

City of Glompton

it's been a tea-heavy week in the glompton household though we're more coffee-oriented most of the time. it's been a nice change of pace

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I'm making kombucha for the first time ever and it's coming along pretty well, there's a nice goopy looking scoby up at the top and it'll be ready to taste in a few days. I wanted to use a tea I know and like so I just went to my favorite coffee shop and asked to buy a bunch of their looseleaf black tea, which I've had many times out and about. It's a nice sri lankan black tea and according to the package it has notes of raisin, caramel, and cocoa, which sounds right to me I guess.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

nut

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm making kombucha for the first time ever and it's coming along pretty well, there's a nice goopy looking scoby up at the top and it'll be ready to taste in a few days. I wanted to use a tea I know and like so I just went to my favorite coffee shop and asked to buy a bunch of their looseleaf black tea, which I've had many times out and about. It's a nice sri lankan black tea and according to the package it has notes of raisin, caramel, and cocoa, which sounds right to me I guess.

boochtalk lets goooo, you doing a secondary fermentation too? my latest batch is pomegranate

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Thank god for the return and to tea crew :11tea:

I am going to have some tea just as soon as I get out of bed

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Gluten Free Dad

*polite tea sipping noises*

this Lapsang Souchong tastes like smoky ball sweat

biosterous

biosterous posted:

i will probably drink tea tomorrow and it'll probably be regular earl grey because i will be drinking it in the morning

THE PROPHECY IS FULFILLED

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

How Wonderful!

nut posted:

boochtalk lets goooo, you doing a secondary fermentation too? my latest batch is pomegranate

I want to if the first ferment turns out good. I bought a bunch of cranberries and was thinking of doing cranberry orange and dropping off a few bottles to my family around Thanksgiving.

Jinh

i was just surfing around the adagio tea site, havent really been "into" tea in a couple years but im gonna place an order today maybe, so good timing on this thread popping up.

im a sucker for blends and especially the fandom blends on that site. And since i don't know poo poo about tea, if a character i like has a tea i've never heard of as part of its blend, then i get to try a new thing. i learned that i really like lapsang souchong and rooibos and pu erh.

lapsang tastes like being on a camping trip and its probably my fav

thanks so much cda <3

Prof. Crocodile

Jinh posted:

i was just surfing around the adagio tea site, havent really been "into" tea in a couple years but im gonna place an order today maybe, so good timing on this thread popping up.

im a sucker for blends and especially the fandom blends on that site. And since i don't know poo poo about tea, if a character i like has a tea i've never heard of as part of its blend, then i get to try a new thing. i learned that i really like lapsang souchong and rooibos and pu erh.

lapsang tastes like being on a camping trip and its probably my fav

tfw your booze is too fancy for trashed crew, but your tea isn't fancy enough for tea crew. :negative:

Jinh

Prof. Crocodile posted:

tfw your booze is too fancy for trashed crew, but your tea isn't fancy enough for tea crew. :negative:

pretty sure id be chased out of serious tea drinker circles showing up w/ undertale character themed tins lol. don't compare yourself to others :justsip: :teapal:

thanks so much cda <3

Escape From Noise

No judgements! This is a safe space to sip tea and shoot the breeze.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I had some decaf irish breakfast earlier because it was getting on in the evening and it was okay? def not as good as the real stuff, but better than every herbal tea i have ever tried ever

Zookeeper Steve
im a big fan of dong ding oolong and this is a good lil documentary from the owner of my favorite tea shop in seattle visiting her family's tea farm in taiwan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbj-MQ8ULgs

treasure bear

i tried to drink a green tea but it tasted like fish, i did not want to drink fish tea

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

treasure bear posted:

i tried to drink a green tea but it tasted like fish, i did not want to drink fish tea

:same:

Yorkshire gold for me plz

How Wonderful!

I am drinking a blood orange rooibos and enjoying the first night of the season where the heater switched on.

treasure bear

i would never knowingly drink a fish

City of Glompton

treasure bear posted:

it always tastes like a cigarette, in a bad way, to me so i do not drink it

getting ready to have some licorice spice. i wish my kettle had a cuter whistle :11tea: what is a good kettle for a good whistle?

Escape From Noise

I had some Yame green tea with my lunch. I think with most greens you have to be careful about steeping time and water temperature. Adding too much tea leaf can also make the flavors really intense. Also I think a lot of green tea varieties taste way different from one another. Gunpowder, dragon well, Xinyang Maojian, and gyokuro all taste very different to me.

Zoesdare

Still floofin

I’ve been drinking lots of tea for comfort. today I had a big mug of spearmint and an equally big mug of Aveda’s tea blend with licorice root and fennel. it is so good.

Gluten Free Dad

i don't drink tea but I'm seriously enjoying this kilo of Spiller & Tait's signature blend coffee beans

Mummy Napkin
I'm moving up in the tea world. I've graduated from regular ol' bags to some Twinnings Earl Grey loose and I'm using one of those dunk style infuser things. I definitely get more flavor out of it. I think I'll stick to being a SSJ2 tea guy for a while before getting into the wild stuff.

vanisher

I drink tea

Not everyday though ive got it under control

Khanstant
i miss tea. i know i could make it at home but its a hassle compared to just getting free infinite tea when u work at a restaurant. not worth working at restaurant for, though

How Wonderful!

My kombucha's first fermentation is tasty and drinkable at this point but I'm going to let it go for a few more days. I have cranberries ready to get pureed but I need more bottles and I think the kombucha's just a little too sweet.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I just had some caffeinated tea (yorkshire gold thx for asking) after 5pm :evilbuddy:

Escape From Noise

More Yunnan gold leaf this morning. Mmm bb

City of Glompton

have some sweet + spicy peppermint tea, it has cinnamon in it

Zoesdare

Still floofin

Just made a cup of this gorgeous moonlight Earl Gray

Khanstant
do they have sweet tea where yall live?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Khanstant posted:

Most certainly.

If it doesn’t have the consistency of syrup, it doesn’t count.

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
oh goodness i seemed to have missed this thread when i bumped the old tea thread this weekend but i see this one now woowee i love tea

JNCO BILOBA

All about that pu-erh

Jinh

Khanstant posted:

if we're talkin iced tea then golly yeah. Every place here in the south has these big multi-gallon metal dispensers they make fresh every morning. we didn't really have those in NJ. so i grew up with brisk iced tea and still like it better :shobon:
Or if there's a Wawa (beloved east coast convenience store) nearby, then i want their sweet green tea.

i got an electric tea kettle in today that i can set to a few different temps. dunno how accurate it is, probably not very. but it was like 40 bucks on amazon. looking forward to maybe not having to dump water between 2 cups to cool it down for green/white tea all the time.

thanks so much cda <3

Escape From Noise

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

oh goodness i seemed to have missed this thread when i bumped the old tea thread this weekend but i see this one now woowee i love tea

No harm no foul!

Escape From Noise

Just had some tea at a temple in Wakayama.

City of Glompton

i had a lot of iced tea today and now i am having some licorice spice for before bedtime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gluten Free Dad

I'm going to start a Coffee Thread and it'll be way cooler than this thread and periodically we'll come into this thread all hopped up on caffeine and ready to jostle the heck out of you.