Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
why did garfied hate mondays? he is a cat. every day is exactly the same for him. Maybe he likes Jon more than he lets on and gets separation anxiety when Jon goes to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Jon works? what the hell

what does he do

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
more like party of zero

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

The Grimace posted:

Jon works? what the hell

what does he do

idk, that's another good question. Jim you had decades to answer these questions

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Garfield has an abusive boss at work.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
as per the first garfield comic strip, jon is a cartoonist

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Revins posted:

why did garfied hate mondays? he is a cat. every day is exactly the same for him. Maybe he likes Jon more than he lets on and gets separation anxiety when Jon goes to work

John only cooks lasagna on Tuesday through Sunday. Monday is Tofuday.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

meatless monday! of course

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Monday was Drink Dog Cum Day.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I just googled it and Jon was evidently a cartoonist

i hope he didn't suffer the same fate as Scott Adams

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

maybe mondays are when jon just lays in bed and cries all day

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Monday is bath day.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
In their town, lasagna isn't sold on Mondays

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
what if jon arbuckle was the cartoonist for garfield all along..

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Revins posted:

maybe mondays are when jon just lays in bed and cries all day

my cat seems to notice that something is different / wrong on days when I have trouble getting out of bed :gbsmith:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

my cat seems to notice that something is different / wrong on days when I have trouble getting out of bed :gbsmith:

My cat notices because she's hungry

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Plot suggestion: Jon Arbuckle opens a series of Garfield-themed pizza restaurants that serve weird Garfiend-themed food that no one wants and lets you pay for food by playing phone app games.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Plot suggestion: Jon Arbuckle opens a series of Garfield-themed pizza restaurants that serve weird Garfiend-themed food that no one wants and lets you pay for food by playing phone app games.

Story arc ends with Scooby-Doo putting two rounds through the back of Jon's head to clear the way for Scooby-themed food.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Garfield works two jobs because Jon is a cartoonist and therefore makes no money

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
garfield was cursed by a drunk warlock to always have bad mondays

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
that warlock's name.... was l͔̗̥̳̺̜̏̄͗̆͞͡y̱̠̙̎̿̅ͧ͟m̢͎̺͉̗ͯ͗͢ͅͅͅͅã͚̪̬̳̰̜̯̑ͤ̋̉͌̈́͐n̹͙̓ͫͭ͋͛̔̇ͤ

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Pawn 17 posted:

Garfield has an abusive boss at work.

The abused becomes the abuser. Odi is the true pure spirit in Garfield canon.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Jon is a cartoonist and works from home and this fan theory is stupid anyway just like all the other dark edgy fan theories

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Garfield hates Mondays, because on the weekend he is glorious joyful colour, and on Monday he needs to go back to dull lifeless black and white and is well aware he has to go through another week of that monochrome nightmare before he shall see a single colour again.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

zaepg posted:

The abused becomes the abuser. Odi is the true pure spirit in Garfield canon.

Yeah Mondays are real bad for Odi. :ohdear:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
maybe the twist is that garfield just thinks its monday much more often than once a week and its the internal monologue of a cat that is frustrating to own

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Pawn 17 posted:

Yeah Mondays are real bad for Odi. :ohdear:

Garfield hates Mondays because that's when he hurts Odi. Despite how callous he acts, he secretly hates himself for doing that. But he just can't stop.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
We all hate our lives at least 1/7th of the time, it's actually pretty smart to pick a day and concentrate the misery there. Don't overdo it though, I once tried tried to pack my yearly ennui into an 8 week rage streak Jan-Feb and got the gnarliest hemorrhoids

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
it was a Monday that Jon took Lyman down to the basement and came back all alone

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Garfield is a self-hating cat and wants to me more like humans which he secretly (shamefully) sees as a "master race" as they are able to not only deliver lasagna, but create it. Unable to fully pass as a human, he adopts human traits and behaviors. One of the first he picked up on was the irrational human disdain for Mondays. Being a cat in a closed household he doesn't understand WHY Mondays are disliked, only that they are, which is why his loud complaints are always vague.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The Grimace posted:

Jon works? what the hell

what does he do

Jon is a landlord.

Homora Gaykemi posted:

it was a Monday that Jon took Lyman down to the basement and came back all alone

Lyman could not afford the increase in rent and had to move out.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Revins posted:

Garfield is a racist

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Garfield works part-time from home, and Monday is when he has to jack off Jon.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Sereri posted:

Jon is a landlord.

Lyman could not afford the increase in rent and had to move out.

so jon has set the rent so high that he can't get a tenant? it doesn't sound like he is very good at being a landlord

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

garfield has a job he just works from home he's a social media influencer

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Garfield fucks.

I hope that answers your question, OP.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
jon arbuckle is a comicsgater who gets paid fifteen bucks a page to churn out reissues of Spawn, I can feel it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Jon gets paid $10k a month on Patreon to draw hentai.

He spends it all on vet visits, frozen lasagna, and cases of dog cum.

logan from corporate
May 18, 1994

as per my last email, we'll touch base, circle back and synergize
garfield had a job, he was CFO at a major pharmaceutical company and monday is the weekly anniversary of the day he quit when the the board refused his proposal for the new budget. he lives off dividends from stock options.

ive been waiting for this thread because, as luck would have it, i was at that board meeting and managed to grab a pic of his proposal:

and NO jon doesn't have a job ffs, he's on parole for the murder of lyman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Plethora posted:

Garfield is a self-hating cat and wants to me more like humans which he secretly (shamefully) sees as a "master race" as they are able to not only deliver lasagna, but create it. Unable to fully pass as a human, he adopts human traits and behaviors. One of the first he picked up on was the irrational human disdain for Mondays. Being a cat in a closed household he doesn't understand WHY Mondays are disliked, only that they are, which is why his loud complaints are always vague.

Irrational? Hatred of having to return to work after a precious 2 days of freedom is about the only rational thing we all share