Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh poo :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Thanks Tiggies

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"The 2020 Grand Final was 8 minutes longer than the 2019 Grand Final"

gently caress OFF GIL

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

"The 2020 Grand Final was 8 minutes longer than the 2019 Grand Final"

gently caress OFF GIL

funny, I don't remember 15+ minutes of injury stoppage in last year's Grand Final.

[edit] okay which of the juniors are you, I'm the absolute unit of a 12 year old

harperdc fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 24, 2020

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Gil's on coke.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jack Riewoldt is a tool, but it was very cute him introducing his daughter to the Auskick girl, and actually talking to her, as opposed to giving them the cap and pissing off like most of the GF footballers do.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Agree that was adorable. Also I am very sad

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I liked Bachar Houli's little one over-enthusiastically invading the podium before her dad's turn

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
🐯🐯🐯

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
gently caress richmond imo

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
This didn’t make me want a night grand final again

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Spedman posted:

This didn’t make me want a night grand final again

Yeah it made me miss the day final more than anything

Aside from the game itself everything about the event and the buildup to it sucked arse

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
The thing I liked about previous grand finals was the many hours afterwards reminiscing about the season past and whinging about the umpiring. Most cunts are about ready to call it a night by the end of a night grand final and you miss out on all that which is a same.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

gay picnic defence posted:

The thing I liked about previous grand finals was the many hours afterwards reminiscing about the season past and whinging about the umpiring. Most cunts are about ready to call it a night by the end of a night grand final and you miss out on all that which is a same.

Grand Final Day is like THE day for day-drinking

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

gay picnic defence posted:

Agreed.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
What an absolute waste of a year. Should have just called the season off in March if this was always going to be the end result.

At least felt like this was the first Norm Smith that Dusty actually earned.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
This is Richmond's second night premiership. Still a way to go to beat Hawthorn's nine.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Richmond won another premiership last night. gently caress!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Glad we're all agreed this year didn't count.

Except for the purposes of draft picks and firing Adelaide's front office.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Congrats Richmond. Now move aside and let the rest of us win one for a change!

Dusty Martin has been loving massive in finals. Somewhere over the last few years he actually became likeable too, at least on-field. One of the few top players who never seems to whinge on the field.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Yeah can make a very strong argument for Martin being the best finals player ever tbh

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

cmndstab posted:

Congrats Richmond. Now move aside and let the rest of us win one for a change!

Dusty Martin has been loving massive in finals. Somewhere over the last few years he actually became likeable too, at least on-field. One of the few top players who never seems to whinge on the field.

He gets on with it on the field with little fuss, avoids interviews and the media like the plague, and just wants to win it for his club and team mates.

Same can’t really be said for Dangerfield, whose almost Martin’s mirror image in a lot of ways.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

Glad we're all agreed this year didn't count.

Except for the purposes of draft picks and firing Adelaide's front office.

St. Kilda won a final! :unsmith:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

It was actually a good game, where Richmond won because they were more professional and consistent, and eventually just ran over the top of the tired Cats.

But what annoyed me about last night was due to COVID-19 and other circumstances, I couldn't enjoy the game fully, as I am stuck in my parents house watching it on the couch next to my dad.

I have spent the last 10-12 years outside Australia as an expat, and can tell you the best way to watch footy, (apart from being there live of course), is drunk, yelling at the TV screen in a bar filled with confused locals and Americans trying to enjoy their lunch. Still, it looks like I will be able to do that next year.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

that was fun. thanks for answering all my random questions

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

I have spent the last 10-12 years outside Australia as an expat, and can tell you the best way to watch footy, (apart from being there live of course), is drunk, yelling at the TV screen in a bar filled with confused locals and Americans trying to enjoy their lunch. Still, it looks like I will be able to do that next year.

oh yeah, the last five or so years I've helped the footy club run the Grand Final day at our sponsor bar (if there's a footy club, they are sponsored by a bar, it's an immutable law of physics) and it's madness but fun and a great fundraiser. I think they got together yesterday but I'm still at the point where I'm not going to restaurants, and the idea of going to the bar for that event seems very un-safe.

Here's to hoping we can do that next year though.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I missed the live game but watched it later, Cats absolutely bottled it and Tigers deserved the win. Martin was kicking ridiculous goals, dare I say inspirational. So they did have the team ticker vs the Cats when it counted. Also gently caress off little "master" they were all clapping with relief to see the back of you.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

Also gently caress off little "master" they were all clapping with relief to see the back of you.
No, he was a great player. There's no need to be like that ewe2

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Martin > Ablett (either)

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I need to avoid reading online forums or social media relating to AFL because it's all loving toxic. Bigfooty, Facebook, Instagram, this thread, doesn't matter. It's just everyone making GBS threads on players with terrible hot takes and I get sucked into it too.

Doesn't help that people like Kane Kornes get significant media exposure and only serve to fuel the fans spouting the same type of garbage that he does.

Football gets less and less enjoyable every year and it's not just because of the on field product.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Martin > Ablett (either)
Ablett Jr in his prime was brilliant with freaky consistency. Martin can disappear sometimes.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
If gaj hadn’t gone to the Gold Coast in his prime he might have had similar finals impact. As it stands, 3 norm smith medals is hard to argue with.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

In finals I’d say Martin over GAJ, but in terms of just overall GAJ is one of the best I’ve ever seen.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I don't like the homophobic religious fundie, and am not a fan of the fawning idolation he gets from the commentaters.

But it is very difficult to argue that he is not one of the best to play the game. I would even argue better than his dad.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

He’s not even on Dustys level, let alone the true greats like Petracca

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

The thing about Joe Daniher though is that he has the *potential* to be greater than all those players

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

You Am I posted:

No, he was a great player. There's no need to be like that ewe2

Being a great footballer is no excuse for being a terrible person. There are plenty of good footballers who manage to not be gobshites, and the bad ones deserve to be called out. Not calling them out is dishonest.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
greatest player of all time and an even better man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Charlie Cameron is the best player ever, actually.