Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Hindley's head positioning is pretty crap, look at that gap between the helmet and his back

For reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

well done are tao :britain::britain:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Its interesting that both these guys clearly havent had the R&D spent on their TT bikes. Tao doesnt have the custom cockpit that Thomas/Froome/Bernal/Ganna have on his bike, just the standard Bolide bars. Keldermans TT bike was custom too unlike Hindleys.

Yeah, it's all stock for both of them - I imagine that'll include the helmet

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

C'mon, don't put a maglia rosa countdown on the screen when everyone already knows

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

He has enough room on his forehead for a second pair of giant sunglasses without touching his helmet

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Smirr posted:

C'mon, don't put a maglia rosa countdown on the screen when everyone already knows

tbh it was over when it was like "well maybe they'll be tired after stage 20" and then Dennis put in that time and it was like "oh yeah it's Ineos"

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

tbh it was over when it was like "well maybe they'll be tired after stage 20" and then Dennis put in that time and it was like "oh yeah it's Ineos"

I mean, yeah. Welp, time to see what's happening at the Vuelta

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Congratulations to the winner of the 2020 Giro, Sky's doctors.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Tut tut, no need for the bad language young man.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Smirr posted:

I mean, yeah. Welp, time to see what's happening at the Vuelta

i have a feeling that the Vuelta isn't going to be particularly gassed up this year, so it's time to see Carapaz ride away on his own or something

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Everyone loves Tao

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Beautiful looking day in Spain.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It's been pointed out on twitter that with a normal giro this would have been a sprint finish for the GC.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the final word on the 2020 giro is: Lmao @ Wilco Kelderman

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

:scotland: Tao

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

It's been pointed out on twitter that with a normal giro this would have been a sprint finish for the GC.

I mean how would that even work, best place finisher on the day or back to the hundreths of seconds like the pink jersey decision?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

StarkingBarfish posted:

Congratulations to the winner of the 2020 Giro, Sky's doctors.

in all seriousness if they don't ban whatever new poo poo this is we're hosed lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

serious gaylord posted:

I mean how would that even work, best place finisher on the day or back to the hundreths of seconds like the pink jersey decision?

it'd depend on bonus seconds or a time gap, i think. so GC trains shredding poo poo to the bonus seconds sprint (if that exists on a road stage 21)

e) i love how ugly the Vuelta is, but in a completely different way from how like, Sicily is ugly

e2) cmon g-mart

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 25, 2020

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jai Hindley gonna make a good super domestique for Tao.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i hate that the Vuelta world feed has the bad co-commentator from Worlds, making it the only time in history anyone has ever had cause to say "Man, I miss Simon Gerrans"

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

The Giro's ended in an ITT several times recently. Dumoulin won by smashing Quintana in 2017.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

in all seriousness if they don't ban whatever new poo poo this is we're hosed lol

They have to find it first. There's so many research chems out there.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/friebos/status/1320068469610733570?s=20

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

For reference

Isn't this what Roglic wore?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm just cackling diabolically at what's happening at the Vuelta

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

this would be less "banter" and more "not watching"

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

The last few giri have had final day TTs, no. Seems they want to make that the tradition. Good thing too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
noooo gmart hang on :france:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm glad we're getting whatever the gently caress this mountain is instead of the Tourmalet

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

They'd be too worried about controlling flat and crosswind stages to take a team of climbers and rely on Thomas to do all the pulling in the wind. Ganna and Dennis are 100% going to the tour for sure.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
a basque winner is acceptable but i want Our Guilliame to claw his way back

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I’ve got no idea what’s happening here, have they dropped Roglic?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

HappyCamperGL posted:

The last few giri have had final day TTs, no. Seems they want to make that the tradition. Good thing too.

I dunno, I'd have preferred a sprint finish this time

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Isn't this what Roglic wore?

The helmet itself is fine, it's his head position that isn't. He needs to be tucked down into his shoulder blades. Compare with, eg, Rohan Dennis wearing something similar:

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:
Decided not to ride today because the weather is miserable, watching the Vuelta making me feel like I'm out in it anyway.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

There's pidcock to come too

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

They'd be too worried about controlling flat and crosswind stages to take a team of climbers and rely on Thomas to do all the pulling in the wind. Ganna and Dennis are 100% going to the tour for sure.

He’s not serious but just sub a selection of them out for Kwiatowski, Dennis and Gianna and lol at how absurd that is

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

serious gaylord posted:

don't worry those two can climb too

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

HappyCamperGL posted:

it's ok next week when geoghegan hart get into pink normal service will be resumed.

Should have added dickie carapaz in red too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HappyCamperGL posted:

Should have added dickie carapaz in red too.

this is absurd lol. we had like one good year of GTs and Sir Dave decided that was enough