Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

rudecyrus posted:

He was a werewolf, if I remember correctly.

Why can I remember useless poo poo like that

Thank you :pray: it's not as bad as I thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Billy Gnosis posted:

Wasn't he dressed up as a satyr for his Halloween wedding? :cry: I wish that reminder of threads past didn't pop into my head.

No, he was a satyr. He was this satyr. And Mrs. Mookie was the nymph.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Wow! I don't like any part of this.

I don't like any part of this either. Mookie's dumb gimmicks are running closer and closer together. Dumb dream poo poo was just two weeks ago.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What the hell is going on with the legs

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I reiterate:

Happy Landfill posted:

"If I had a nickel every time a naked women I barely know started cuddling me while she was sleeping I would have two nickels--which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice"
-Snout, probably

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Right, I'm done. This comic has been spinning its wheels for almost two months and it's like having open heart surgery without an anesthetic. Nothing is loving happening. At least with the original Deegan you could mock the lovely dialogue or dumb ideas or horrible characters -- Snout is an idiot with the personality of white bread stumbling from one situation to the next. There are no stakes, no conflict, nothing that makes me want to keep reading this even in a hateful kind of way. Mookie is a talentless hack with perverse sexual hang-ups and I wish nothing but misery upon him.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

So i guess this is the ink witch coming back.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The Little Death posted:

So i guess this is the ink witch coming back.

She was in the last dream sequence from...last week? week before?

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Someone needs to enter the room with a gun real soon

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
He uploaded the rest of the week in the usual way already. The last comic of the week had a bit of a twist. It's still not good, but it looks like he might bring it back to the main plot after however many damned pages of senseless wandering.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

>implying there's a main plot to get back to

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

FlocksOfMice posted:

Someone needs to enter the room with a gun real soon

There’re a ton of them already, but they’ve all been busy shooting each other out of boredom from waiting for their cue.

Someone should really check in on them, it’s starting to smell out there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO2DH1Dl1M8

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

It's weird how Snout's pretty hairy, but his dick and balls are baby smooth.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

GreenMetalSun posted:

It's weird how Snout's pretty hairy, but his dick and balls are baby smooth.

Mookie's satyrs also have baby smooth dick n' balls (and asses).

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Same with the satyrs. Mookie just really wants us to see he drew those junks.

E:F,B.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 26, 2020

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

The Little Death posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ing%C3%A9nue but this time a guy. In real life though, this innocent naivete is usually an act to seem non-threatening and get close to a women before getting all creepy.

I appreciate your willingness to explain, if not the knowledge I possess as a result. The internet is awful.

Also something something limp sausage with no beans.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This is the comic that doesn't end,
it just goes on and on my friend,
Some people started reading it not knowing what it was,
And they'll just keep on reading it forever just because,

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing! posted:

With that said, my new prediction is that by the end of the week, Corpse Bride will write "SNOUT IS FRIEND. I LIKE SNOUT." in Snout's journal. They will then cuddle naked and she will show up in his dreamvisionthing. Bonus prediction: When they wake up, Corpse Bride will write something else in Snout's journal. He'll look and it will say "IT'S BEEN 200 YEARS SINCE DOMINIC DEEGAN BEGAN HIS"

I'm calling half a point if she shows up in Dreamspace.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Every update I really have to stop myself going on Twitter and shouting MOVE YOUR loving STORY ALONG YOU lovely GODDAMN WRITER at him.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

The urge to touch the poop and say "When are they gonna get to the Legacy factory?" in the pathetic ghost town that is his twitter feed is immense for me as well.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Here's a summary of everything that happened in the comic.

Snout's house got blown up back on page 11 of this thread

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

That was well over a year ago.

I predict we will still not have moved the story along by the time TLD's deep dive is finished.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tesseraction posted:

Every update I really have to stop myself going on Twitter and shouting MOVE YOUR loving STORY ALONG YOU lovely GODDAMN WRITER at him.

This should go without saying, but just in case, please no one do this, or contact Mookie at all.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

This should go without saying, but just in case, please no one do this, or contact Mookie at all.

Fear not. It's just an intrusive thought, like the brief contemplation of jumping over the side when on the observation deck of a skyscraper. No one here actually wants to contact Mookie. Whatever's wrong with him might get on us.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
We're far past the point where even good friends of Mookie could've stepped in and gone "Hey, this? This ain't it"

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Now Mookie's only friends are the half-dozen people on Twitter who tell him Snout is such a good guy!

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
His twitter engagement levels are honestly just terrible. Like, for serious, ~18 hearts on twitter for art is firmly "friends and family" level of interaction. I get not everyone's following it through twitter but I have to imagine, as corona hits its true phase 2 boss fight mode, it's going to get harder for people to justify giving him money for a story that's going nowhere. Only the truest sunk-cost weirdos are gonna stick around for it?

A year into any story that updates this frequently you should at least have an idea what kind of themes the story wants to explore. You should have at least an idea of the stakes. Of the main character's MOTIVATION. We're over a year into this and he's still just jerking himself off. It's absolutely incredible.

Mookie, please, actually tell a story.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

FlocksOfMice posted:

Kinda makes me feel like Ian Malcolm

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

FlocksOfMice posted:

His twitter engagement levels are honestly just terrible. Like, for serious, ~18 hearts on twitter for art is firmly "friends and family" level of interaction. I get not everyone's following it through twitter but I have to imagine, as corona hits its true phase 2 boss fight mode, it's going to get harder for people to justify giving him money for a story that's going nowhere. Only the truest sunk-cost weirdos are gonna stick around for it?

It seems like all his Patreon content is just twee and/or horny peeks into the old Deegan universe. The Legacy is like a free to play mobile game where yeah, you can experience it without spending money, but the grind will be an agonizing slog designed to torment you into paying for actual enjoyment.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

FlocksOfMice posted:

A year into any story that updates this frequently you should at least have an idea what kind of themes the story wants to explore. You should have at least an idea of the stakes. Of the main character's MOTIVATION. We're over a year into this and he's still just jerking himself off. It's absolutely incredible.

I maintain my hypothesis that most or all of the people giving him money have perished to corona and didn't give anyone their passwords to unsubscribe from patreon and such.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I like how Ink Witch has a ship (for some reason) that destroyed his house to get her (for some reason) then crashed (for some reason) and no explanation for that ship was ever given

The obvious answer is "wouldn't it be cool if there was an ominous ship!?" and "what if that ship destroyed his house!!" and "what if hte ship crashed...reuniting them!!!" and then once he was done with the toy it was out of sight out of mind but c'monnnnnnnn

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I think maybe the ship was a spell she cast? But maybe it went haywire because of the Wild Edge, so I guess that's why she never used it again? But her ink drippings didn't have an issue with that, or the bad guys' teleport spells, or the orcs' sleep spell, etc etc

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Can't her magic only make ink stuff? Once it crashed, wouldn't it have discorporated or whatever?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

rannum posted:

I like how Ink Witch has a ship (for some reason) that destroyed his house to get her (for some reason) then crashed (for some reason) and no explanation for that ship was ever given

The obvious answer is "wouldn't it be cool if there was an ominous ship!?" and "what if that ship destroyed his house!!" and "what if hte ship crashed...reuniting them!!!" and then once he was done with the toy it was out of sight out of mind but c'monnnnnnnn

Also that, as Argue Proof hilarious pointed out via edit, happened right after Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Now that you mention it, yeah, it’s weird as hell that we still have no explanation for the ship’s existence, considering everything else about the setting is apparently still “modern with a slapdash layer of medieval fantasy painted over it”. Especially if it’s supposed to be just as alien in-universe.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

It's just Mookie's lack of planning. The ship was supposed to be a representation that years had passed since the story we were experiencing in Dominic Deegan. It was basically like those future glances in Adventure Time. I would even say that he basically stole the ship design from there. But he forgot that and/or got bored with it, so it was summarily dispatched by smashing it into the Earth never to be thought of again. At that point he was obviously trying to bring his waifu and his new self-insert together.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I meant to add that it was “probably a casualty of the mystery box plot”, but got hung up chasing my dog around in the middle of writing that. :v:

Really, though, that could have been yet another potential hook that got wasted: a medieval lite setting that has a futuristic civilization of magic users that are basically treated like we treat aliens by everyone else in the setting.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Invisible Clergy posted:

Can't her magic only make ink stuff? Once it crashed, wouldn't it have discorporated or whatever?

No, because that was all a retcon and at the time he hadn’t decided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

Also that, as Argue Proof hilarious pointed out via edit, happened right after Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash.

This was how I learned of Bryant's death.