Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

a girl into yuri is called 'a lesbian'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

i am a filthy woman who likes ladies and i am proud

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Seshoho Cian posted:

i am a filthy woman who likes ladies and i am proud

drat straight.

wait.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

YO IM GAY AS gently caress

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

skaianDestiny posted:

I'm a girl and I like girls.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm a girl and I also like girls.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this thread sucks, nobody else said they wanted to be the ex mafia lady who now fishes wife :pensive emoji:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

women fear me
fish fear me

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

this thread sucks, nobody else said they wanted to be the ex mafia lady who now fishes wife :pensive emoji:

I want in her pants. What size are those?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

too small for me :pensive:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Fat bottom girls make the rocking world go round

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cephas posted:

Princess lad is a great name, drat

The best superhero

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Roid is finished being translated.

https://mangadex.org/title/35600

I thought it was alright though I'd have liked it if it was a bit longer to flesh out the character relationships a bit more.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Yeah. I need to re read it because im a bit confused as to who the antagonists are or if they were ever foreshadowed.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Yeah. I need to re read it because im a bit confused as to who the antagonists are or if they were ever foreshadowed.

They basically weren't at all, they're both basically foils. Maggie, the human, is like Reina with no friends so she just hates people and likes robots more. Meg, the gynoid is... Basically the same for Anna.

I liked the general setting and characters alright but yeah, didn't really have time to reach it's potential. Probably should've focused more on the character drama between the four protagonists or the antagonist instead of trying to split it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Today, in Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl:

Thank you, author, for this blessing. I am absolutely here for beautiful gnc boy action.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hell yeah :getin:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikl posted:

Today, in Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl:

Thank you, author, for this blessing. I am absolutely here for beautiful gnc boy action.

Do your best shiba. :cheerdoge:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've been rewatching the GB Metal Gear Scanlon series and it's dredging up all my old MG opinions and also it's amazing how much of this series you just forget. Ocelot is a big gay formerly possessed then hypnotized cyborg Russian dead guy and he's the best.

I know I missed the Metal Gear posting but Metal Gear was really good. Then it got really bad but still had good stuff in it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mgs is messy but considering snatcher and, especially policenauts, i'll always be amazed it only really started getting stuff that questionable in mgs4 and 5

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh I was like not even talking about grossness, MGS 1-3 have plenty of gross, just quality. 4, PW, and V are Bad Video Games.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
peace walker is the best metal gear game tho

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

4 was insanely epic.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
4 is uneven but ocelot's scenes in it are some of the best in the series

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
how dare you say 5 was bad. It's Perfect (once you get quiet in actual clothes. And you ignore the lack of an ending. and you ignore the story.)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

calling peace walker bad means i am legally allowed to kick your rear end

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

peace walker is the best metal gear game tho

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljbAc-tk9rU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I had way more fun with 5 than 3 and those are the only two I played

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

how dare you say 5 was bad. It's Perfect (once you get quiet in actual clothes. And you ignore the lack of an ending. and you ignore the story.)

The plot in 5 is less important to me than the stuff that ties it into peace walker and the metanarrative writing in the paz quests, which is the absolute highlight of metal gear storytelling and ill brook no dismissal of its worth.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rising is perfect and requires no qualifiers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not the camera lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The camera weeds out the unworthy.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh Revengeance is a perfect video game don't get it twisted, but it's an MGR game not an MGS game.

Peace Walker's controls, story, and non-Kaz characters all suck outside of a few brief moments like Rocket Peace. 4 and V have stuff (mostly just Ocelot's scenes in 4's case but man those scenes) but I don't care for the package.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the boss mecha throwing itself into the ocean is one of the best metal gear moments of all time, peace walker rules

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I hate that thing existing at all! I think the post-3 big boss games all ultimately take away more than they add by trying to elaborate on the backstory further.

The tank box, I will concede, is a pretty potent addition though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

peace walker is the best metal gear game and it has a not psp port and emulation by now

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm the hipster that likes MGS2 the best

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Roth posted:

I'm the hipster that likes MGS2 the best

Hell yeah, twink game best game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
All the Kojima metal gears are good in kind of a wide variety of ways, and all of them have varying degrees of weird flaws that you have to ignore to enjoy them fully.

MGS2 has this scene though:

https://i.imgur.com/R8C76Vb.mp4