Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Heel Roman could still be really cool but please end this lovely scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
In an alternate universe this match would have been 1/3rd as long and you could look forward to a build where the Usos are Roman's disgruntled muscle until Wrestlemania, when they turn to support their old tag rival Big E

Instead, this

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

Heel Roman could still be really cool but please end this lovely scenario

Nothing will ever, ever, make Roman cool in my eyes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

the shop is up right? I can go buy this as an avatar? it's no longer lowtax money?

He's gone forever :hai:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Oh no!~ We've only got 5 matches anounced for our last-minute PPV, what should we do????

A) Do less PPVs and give feuds time to breathe
B) Stop rewriting the show last minute so feuds make it to a PPV
C) ONE HOUR OF A REFEREE BEGGING A GROWN MAN TO QUIT

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kirios posted:

Wrestletalk is saying that was easily the match of the year - how come there's such a dissonance between their reaction and you guys'?

Brain worms?

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

xbilkis posted:

In an alternate universe this match would have been 1/3rd as long and you could look forward to a build where the Usos are Roman's disgruntled muscle until Wrestlemania, when they turn to support their old tag rival Big E

Instead, this

Hell yeah

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
You know if Brock came out and gave Roman an F5 everyone would cheer in approval.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
all hail

the big bad chief

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

d8uv posted:

hell in a cell - hour one: roman v jay. just that one match.

No wonder they only announced four matches

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Instead, this

I think Big E is still the pick to win the Rumble and beat Roman. Unless the Rock comes back to do a match.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

The only thing keeping this form being one of the worst Hell in a Cell matches of all time was the fact Seth/Fiend happened.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kirios posted:

Wrestletalk is saying that was easily the match of the year - how come there's such a dissonance between their reaction and you guys'?

(I'm not watching).

Well it's all purely subjective. Personally I hated the match, it was overwrought, poorly structured, badly timed and horribly acted with an awful ending. Somebody else could have easily watched it and really enjoyed it though and disagree with me, and good for them if they got enjoyment out of it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I think Big E is still the pick to win the Rumble and beat Roman. Unless the Rock comes back to do a match.

You mean to beat Otis

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:lol:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Well it's all purely subjective. Personally I hated the match, it was overwrought, poorly structured, badly timed and horribly acted with an awful ending. Somebody else could have easily watched it and really enjoyed it though and disagree with me, and good for them if they got enjoyment out of it.

Yeah, wreddit is all over this.

d8uv
Sep 17, 2005

DO NOT EAT
Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

(I'm not watching).

my partner loved the match--loved the character building and character work

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just in case you missed 50 minutes of the I Quit match that just happened, let's show 6 more minutes of recaps and talking head about it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This being WWE, it'll turn out Jimmy and Roman were in on it together right?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Honestly, if stuff like that is working for some people I'm glad of it, as long as this is all happening because someone enjoys it.

Barrabas the Gray
Jun 27, 2012

From bad to worse

Elias sucks so bad

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Pylons posted:

What do you mean? They agree with Jerusalem or they loved the match?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Pylons posted:

No way.

checks

What the gently caress.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kirios posted:

They loved the match.

d8uv
Sep 17, 2005

DO NOT EAT
Grimey Drawer
ELIAS WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS GIMMICK, THERE IS NOBODY THERE

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
its the flat jeff hardy believer

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Apparently Roman legitimately injured that ref so good job Roman.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Kirios posted:

quote:

Roman won by making Jey say I Quit to save Jimmy.. that was a clever loving finish

quote:

"You ain't gotta do this man!" 😭

quote:

Best character work they've done in loving years

quote:

Man the emotions in those last few minutes were heavy.

quote:

Both finishes have been stuff we've never seen between this and Roman kicking out while simultaneously lowblowing Jey in their last match. I love it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

You mean to beat Otis

That would be better. Though I don't know if the world can handle them gyrating at each other.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

After doing a little further investigation, I think you guys are actually in the minority on this one. Most people seemed to love it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pylons posted:

I didn't see anything Roman did for that ref bump that was any worse than a normal bump. Just bad luck

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pylons posted:

I know I'm shocked that roman hurt someone

I want to see jeff hardy in a hell in a cell. I do legitimately like the crazy rear end paint job tonight though

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Seen some wrestling podcast peeps say they enjoyed the i quit match too. Always subjective but yeah bad acting, slow plodding action wasn't a good mix for me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Honestly, if stuff like that is working for some people I'm glad of it, as long as this is all happening because someone enjoys it.

Yeah, I'm watching out of fascination for the car wreck aspect but if people are sitting there and genuinely enjoying this and thinking it really works, I'm glad and hope they have a great time.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Auron posted:

What was the point of having this inside the cell?

To keep Roman from accidentally hitting the tv wall with the stairs

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
WWE fans will love whatever slop this company serves up to them because its only the diehard fans left

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

WrasslorMonkey posted:

No way.

checks

What the gently caress.

"A masterclass, 5 stars"

How is that a real comment

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Kirios posted:

After doing a little further investigation, I think you guys are actually in the minority on this one. Most people seemed to love it.

Passionate WWE fans have low standards for storytelling/acting/match quality, that's not surprising

I think the broad strokes of the story were solid but it was a bloated match with a ton of overwrought dialog that was almost beat-for-beat identical to a PPV match a month ago. Jey and Roman did their best but making this kind of melodrama work for 45 minutes is almost impossible, especially when the winner is a foregone conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

As much as everyone says Elias sucks, it's not at all hard to see a way to turn him into a massive star

But WWE can't let that happen for some reason

e: It's like, imagine Honky Tonk Man with Randy Savage's build