Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Anyone try the 'Sauce with rice?

And maybe beans and mixed veg, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I got the Mon Chateau blanket today because it is the softest thing I've ever felt. It's incredible.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Accretionist posted:

Anyone try the 'Sauce with rice?

And maybe beans and mixed veg, too.

I've cooked the frozen cauliflower rice in a pot then mixed in some chicken and topped it with some spoonfuls of Bitchin' Sauce. A tasty meal.

I also started adding a cup of water to the cauliflower rice, adding a chicken stock cube and some salt, then boiling it down. Makes it a bit more mushy, which is totally fine, but also adds some nice flavor. Solid based and the single frozen bag only has 80 calories. Fantastic rice substitute.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Tim Whatley posted:

I got the Mon Chateau blanket today because it is the softest thing I've ever felt. It's incredible.

Agreed. I am a fan.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Tim Whatley posted:

We picked up two of the Pendleton queen size blankets and my wife and dog are perma-cozy. They’re pretty soft when I’ve been able to grab a small corner from the blanket barons.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

fischtick posted:

We got a big tub of the chipotle stuff at Costco. It had a cool texture and a nice spiciness that burnt coming and going. I ate too much, but then again it made me eat a ton of carrots and celery so maybe it’s a wash. I’d love to try the other flavors some day.

That stuff has like 1000% the calorie content of carrots/celery, but worth it

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Anyone got the cooking instructions handy for the cauliflower rice that comes in five bags of 16 oz? I took one sub-bag to try it before committing but forgot to write down what to do with this thing.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Grand Fromage posted:

Anyone got the cooking instructions handy for the cauliflower rice that comes in five bags of 16 oz? I took one sub-bag to try it before committing but forgot to write down what to do with this thing.

Was that the purple bag?
Stovetop is 1 cup of water to boil, remove from bag add to boiling water, 5-7 minutes.

Or microwave 6-7 minutes in bag.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Something magical must have happened at Nintendo. We have a Nintendo Switch bundle back in stock at my store, but this year they switched out the SD card for $20 eShop credit.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Grand Fromage posted:

Instructions should be on the sub bag, it's 5-6 minutes in the microwave. Cook in bag.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like to heat it up in a large skillet so i can get a little crisp on it

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I picked up some of the kirkland hard seltzer, gonna try it in a bit. Wish it had more than four flavors, but whatever.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Question, I’m planning a trip to Indianapolis to visit Costco Liquor Store. It’s 4 hours away. Is it worth it? Is there a lot of variety and rare stuff?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gatts posted:

Question, I’m planning a trip to Indianapolis to visit Costco Liquor Store. It’s 4 hours away. Is it worth it? Is there a lot of variety and rare stuff?

Eight hours of driving to save yourself $50 at the Costco?

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Post photos

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gatts posted:

Go to a real liquor store dude

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Gatts posted:

Which store I can tell you about the castleton one and send pics. I’m going tomorrow

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Virigoth posted:

Which store I can tell you about the castleton one and send pics. I’m going tomorrow

I have no idea yet but was gonna pick one as I got closer to next week. I’ve heard good things.

I’m not sure if you are allowed to take pics in a liquor store so do not risk it but even the one you’re going to tomorrow would help to get an idea if it is good/interesting.

strangehamster posted:

Eight hours of driving to save yourself $50 at the Costco?

Eh why not, might be good to get a drive

Gaius Marius posted:

Go to a real liquor store dude

I do. But I’m curious about Costco

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
They sell booze at Costco because you are there, not because its a destination for booze. Prices are excellent but I never drive to Costco for booze, regardless of the savings. Its booze, not bulk items you use everyday.

The only reason to roadtrip to Costco for booze is because you want to buy a bottle of something that's +$1000 dollars and you will actually save good money.

That said, I'm a big fan of completely needless roadtrips for stuff if you wanna make a day of it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

They sell booze at Costco because you are there, not because its a destination for booze. Prices are excellent but I never drive to Costco for booze, regardless of the savings. Its booze, not bulk items you use everyday.

The only reason to roadtrip to Costco for booze is because you want to buy a bottle of something that's +$1000 dollars and you will actually save good money.

That said, I'm a big fan of completely needless roadtrips for stuff if you wanna make a day of it.

They do have a large wine selection, all of which is at a good price. The Kirkland branded spirits are also usually decent, even the previously always lovely American vodka is better now. The añejo in particular is half the price of competing brands, and tastes just as good.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Chinatown posted:

I feel like this really depends on your relationship with your liver.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
I was very pleased to see that they started selling those packs of men's wool socks in all the same color. I probably have close to ten pairs already, but they're all mismatched brands and colors and finding the matches is always miserable. I will never understand why companies sell packs of socks where every pair is different. Kids socks are the worst in this regard.

Chinatown posted:

Its booze, not bulk items you use everyday.

Counterpoint: Most liquor lasts basically forever, so it's an excellent contender to buy at Costco.

That said, there's no way I would drive multiple hours just for Costco liquor. If you ignore my good advice, do your homework and make sure your Costco actually sells all the liquor they do other places. Some states have weird laws that seem to preclude them from selling anything the normal liquor stores do.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I was very pleased to see that they started selling those packs of men's wool socks in all the same color. I probably have close to ten pairs already, but they're all mismatched brands and colors and finding the matches is always miserable. I will never understand why companies sell packs of socks where every pair is different. Kids socks are the worst in this regard

Counterpoint: uneven wear on various "same" socks caused by them being matched with a different friend each time means they don't match anymore and now pairing them up is horrible

At least if they have a different colour heel or whatever a given pair will generally wear evenly together

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Is there any way to check online which Costcos actually carry Kirkland booze and wine? I live in NY, so all our Costco's don't sell booze, but they do have an attached yet separate liquor store. Initially I thought they only sold Kirkland at the Costco's that sell alcohol IN the store, but from searching around that's not the case. Apparently some Costco's with separate/attached liquor stores DO sell the Kirkland stuff. But mine doesn't :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

norp posted:

Counterpoint: uneven wear on various "same" socks caused by them being matched with a different friend each time means they don't match anymore and now pairing them up is horrible

At least if they have a different colour heel or whatever a given pair will generally wear evenly together

Most of my socks are the same kind. So if one wears out, I throw it out and keep the other until another one wears out. Boom, I have a new match.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
dang and here I am Costco bulk-buying those black and gray Pumas, and just dumping them all loosely in a drawer. I grab two, either two black or two gray, and go on with my day. The match happens right before I put them on. This is efficient and cool :c00l:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
its merino wool socks season. i need to visit costco hopefully theyll have some along with good coffee

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

OldSenileGuy posted:

Is there any way to check online which Costcos actually carry Kirkland booze and wine? I live in NY, so all our Costco's don't sell booze, but they do have an attached yet separate liquor store. Initially I thought they only sold Kirkland at the Costco's that sell alcohol IN the store, but from searching around that's not the case. Apparently some Costco's with separate/attached liquor stores DO sell the Kirkland stuff. But mine doesn't :(

50 different states, 50 different sets of liquor laws, untold number of municipal ordinances.

In my state we have attached, but legally separate, liquor stores and Costco can carry Kirkland alcohol in them. So can any other liquor store for that matter. One quirk of Mn law is that no alcohol can be sold exclusively at a single liquor store or chain. Everything has to go through a distributor and is for sale to any store that wants it.

That last bit really pissed off Total Wine when they expanded here. They consider their wholesale prices their "intellectual property" and got royally pissed off when independent liquor stores started buying their "exclusive" wines.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MisterOblivious posted:

That last bit really pissed off Total Wine when they expanded here. They consider their wholesale prices their "intellectual property" and got royally pissed off when independent liquor stores started buying their "exclusive" wines.

That really sounds like something they should have known before they expanded there.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

No, the Costco website and warehouse inventory systems are separate. Your best bet it to just call the store.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FCKGW posted:

No, the Costco website and warehouse inventory systems are separate. Your best bet it to just call the store.

I dream of a day when you can check local stock online. Even if it's just a rough estimate of availability.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

binge crotching posted:

I dream of a day when you can check local stock online. Even if it's just a rough estimate of availability.

The monkey paw curls, and Costco hires the vendor who made IKEA's online inventory checking system

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

OldSenileGuy posted:

If you're close to New Jersey, the Costcos in Edison and Wayne carry Kirkland booze.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

canyoneer posted:

The monkey paw curls, and Costco hires the vendor who made IKEA's online inventory checking system

Please god anything but that.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MisterOblivious posted:

50 different states, 50 different sets of liquor laws, untold number of municipal ordinances.

In my state we have attached, but legally separate, liquor stores and Costco can carry Kirkland alcohol in them. So can any other liquor store for that matter. One quirk of Mn law is that no alcohol can be sold exclusively at a single liquor store or chain. Everything has to go through a distributor and is for sale to any store that wants it.

I always love to hear about state liquor laws. Some are so rear end backwards, it's insane. Can't buy hard liquor on Sunday?? Wtf Texas. Drive thru stores where they bring you your booze? Das crazy. Also, drive thru frozen daiquiri bars lmao new orleans

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Also, drive thru frozen daiquiri bars lmao new orleans

The only thing I miss from moving away from the South is having drive-thru liquor places. As long as you don't push the straw through the lid opening, it's still considered a closed container :angel:

e: check out the sizes you can get lmbo. They were also super dangerous because stuff like Skittles tasted like you were drinking straight Skittles (and never tasted the alcohol), and then suddenly you were super wasted and get a horrible hangover from all the sugar.

kloa fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 26, 2020

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
isnt long island ice tea like 3/4 liquor

so 44 oz is 33 oz liquor

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

binge crotching posted:

I still remember the days not too long ago when you had to actually bring in the physical coupons to get any of the sale items.

We’ve come a long way baby.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Finally got some of the super premium vanilla ice cream, it's great...

Also finally picked up some peanut butter pretzels, they're still great as always...

Then I put the peanut butter pretzels in my ice cream. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Anyone in the Seattle area seen a jamón? I tried Redmond, but couldn’t see any...maybe I missed it?